Oregonian glut?

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Oregonian glut?

Postby alpha » Sat Feb 03, 10:23 am

Wtf? Stoners in Oregon can't pull their weight in weed, producing more than you can toke? Convening summits to address this problem?

Why don't y'all set up some reciprocity with your neighboring states? Share the taxable weed? Or, at the very least turn your excess into the best dang hash america has ever seen?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Oregonian glut?

Postby moe. » Sat Feb 03, 5:52 pm

There was a story on the local news last week about the glut. Growers are bringing in samples to dispensaries who tell them "We'll get back to you after it's tested" and that's the last they hear. One guy said he had to set up his own dispensary in order to sell his crop. Unfortunately, not everyone has that option. Unless you have top notch buds, you almost can't give it away. The closest dispensary to us has a sign out front that reads "Home of the $4 gram". It's obviously not their best stuff but it sells.

We just privately bought a quarter pound of some Nor Cal stuff called Ogre that is quite good for $250.

The way the laws work now, it has to be grown and sold in the same state. Hopefully that will change someday.

As for the hash idea, we have no shortage of all types of concentrates here.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sun Feb 04, 8:36 am

moe. wrote:We just privately bought a quarter pound of some Nor Cal stuff called Ogre that is quite good for $250.

Modern Roots would be hard pressed to disparage that sum and i'd imagine most Coloradans would be envious of that price too!

moe wrote:The way the laws work now, it has to be grown and sold in the same state. Hopefully that will change someday.

That should come as more states legalize and the feds finally remove it from scheduling, which should come when our politicians are forced off the pharmaceutical tit.

moe wrote:As for the hash idea, we have no shortage of all types of concentrates here.

You have no shortage of 'all types of concentrates there' except old world hash, like those still imported and sold in Amsterdam. Like coffeeshops, there's been no concept in the west about selling old world hash commercially, that i've been able to find. There was none in any of the dispensaries i visited across the state of Colorado last June, or previous trips to the Denver area, which for sure weren't all of them. They had both kief and bubble hash that were being sold as hash, but no real hashish that i could find. I can't say it doesn't exist, but i haven't been able to find any as yet and i've looked pretty hard.

Me and FBN have speculated that it could be a niche nobody's covered, but would be assured of attracting a lot of hash heads, especially if various strains could be developed to imitate those imported into Amsterdam. Imo, it's not nearly as easy to make the various, tastiest hashishes of Amsterdam, as it is to make those tasteless bubble hashes, or reeking of oil 'no shortages of concentrates' you have out there. Perhaps that's the problem?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Feb 06, 6:43 pm

alpha wrote:
moe. wrote:We just privately bought a quarter pound of some Nor Cal stuff called Ogre that is quite good for $250.

Modern Roots would be hard pressed to disparage that sum and i'd imagine most Coloradans would be envious of that price too!

moe wrote:The way the laws work now, it has to be grown and sold in the same state. Hopefully that will change someday.

That should come as more states legalize and the feds finally remove it from scheduling, which should come when our politicians are forced off the pharmaceutical tit.

moe wrote:As for the hash idea, we have no shortage of all types of concentrates here.

You have no shortage of 'all types of concentrates there' except old world hash, like those still imported and sold in Amsterdam. Like coffeeshops, there's been no concept in the west about selling old world hash commercially, that i've been able to find. There was none in any of the dispensaries i visited across the state of Colorado last June, or previous trips to the Denver area, which for sure weren't all of them. They had both kief and bubble hash that were being sold as hash, but no real hashish that i could find. I can't say it doesn't exist, but i haven't been able to find any as yet and i've looked pretty hard.

Me and FBN have speculated that it could be a niche nobody's covered, but would be assured of attracting a lot of hash heads, especially if various strains could be developed to imitate those imported into Amsterdam. Imo, it's not nearly as easy to make the various, tastiest hashishes of Amsterdam, as it is to make those tasteless bubble hashes, or reeking of oil 'no shortages of concentrates' you have out there. Perhaps that's the problem?

Viking - you may remember him - would agree with you and FBN whole heartedly, he is a true hash connoisseur.

Todays concentrates such as shatter remind me of the hash/honey/cherry oil that was around in the '70s in that it melts as soon as you get a flame near it and it has a similar taste. I have not tried dabbing yet so I can't comment on it.

If you press kief you essentially have blond hash which is the closest you'll find to old world hash here in the new world. Some black Nepalese, especially Temple Ball would be lovely to have around, but it remains a fond memory.

Perhaps once cannabis is legal at the federal level we can start importing hash, thai sticks, etc. from around the world, wouldn't that be nice?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Feb 06, 7:21 pm

From what I understand of the process, couldn't that style hash be made at home by anyone?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Feb 06, 8:13 pm

Old Fart wrote:From what I understand of the process, couldn't that style hash be made at home by anyone?

What is the process for making Nepalese hash? I seem to recall reading or hearing something about people running through the fields naked and then having the resin peeled off, then forming the collected resin into slabs. I've also read that they rub the buds between their hands and that sounds more plausible.

Either way it sounds messy. Perhaps rubbing buds between the hands while wearing latex gloves?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Feb 06, 10:23 pm

moe. wrote:
Old Fart wrote:From what I understand of the process, couldn't that style hash be made at home by anyone?

Perhaps rubbing buds between the hands while wearing latex gloves?

This. Or without he gloves if you wanted something close to the original.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Feb 07, 7:27 am

moe wrote:Perhaps once cannabis is legal at the federal level we can start importing hash, thai sticks, etc. from around the world, wouldn't that be nice?

https://amp.businessinsider.com/sen-til ... ana-2018-2

That it would, moe!

Old Fart wrote:
moe. wrote:

I'd agree with OF, without gloves would be much better and the sweatier the palms the better. However, excellent hash can be made with plant material other than the tops. Smaller buds and leaves can produce very good hashish using the bubble bags. I chop the entire plant down, sans the stalks and mince portions of the plant to produce not only a great tasting hash, but one that stays soft clay like fresh for 6 months, or more.

Everything you need to produce really fine tasting hashish can be found in the plant itself and you can save the tops for concentrates, if you wish.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Wed Feb 07, 3:42 pm

Old Fart wrote:
moe. wrote:

“Charas” is made by rubbing the plant with clean hands while still in the field. It takes about 4 hours to rub out an ounce of hash. I watched it being done in Jamaica. I didn’t have the patience.

Nothing can duplicate or imitate the native environment those exotic hash plants grow in, so making identical hash is impossible. There’s a guy in Colorado called Frenchie Canoli that makes hash riviling many imports. He won’t share his secrets.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Feb 07, 4:59 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:There’s a guy in Colorado called Frenchie Canoli that makes hash riviling many imports. He won’t share his secrets.

I'd guarantee the majority of his secrets are steeped in the plant itself. I believe it's a truly amazing plant, whose beneficial properties to humankind have still been barely scratched by research. The pharmaceutical giants around the world have feared this plant for generations and will continue to use everything at their disposal to keep it illegal.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Feb 24, 2:27 am

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Mar 02, 3:34 pm

arkansas going MM shortly, friend down there posted me this, seems to confirm the O glut .......
Daughter-in-law and my son spent all last week on Oregon touring Nectar's facilities. They say it was quite an eye-opener being out there
seeing billboards along the highways advertising cannabis. A surprising fact was that Nectar only grows the economy weed and purchases the
medical grade from other growers. Says it's more economically feasible to do it that way. The kids did see a LOT of bulk bud. One facility had
EIGHT shipping containers full of bud.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Mar 02, 7:37 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:arkansas going MM shortly, friend down there posted me this, seems to confirm the O glut .......
Daughter-in-law and my son spent all last week on Oregon touring Nectar's facilities. They say it was quite an eye-opener being out there
seeing billboards along the highways advertising cannabis. A surprising fact was that Nectar only grows the economy weed and purchases the
medical grade from other growers. Says it's more economically feasible to do it that way. The kids did see a LOT of bulk bud. One facility had
EIGHT shipping containers full of bud.

There are dispensary billboards all along I-5: Top Shelf, River City, Canna King, House of Leaves, Jackpot, just to name a few.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri Mar 02, 8:22 pm

*sniff*

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Mar 03, 1:43 am

Perhaps a few packs of these could lighten the load?

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/376383 ... ionss-face

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri May 18, 7:06 pm

in honor of the royal nuptial . 'markle's sparkle'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arkle.html

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat May 19, 12:52 am

smokedpeppers wrote:in honor of the royal nuptial . 'markle's sparkle'

From the article:

"Britain remains determined to ban the drug after new disturbing evidence about the damage it causes..."

Any Britts know what's up with this?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat May 19, 2:06 am

smokedpeppers wrote:in honor of the royal nuptial . 'markle's sparkle'

That is local news for me. Not my favorite dispensary, but it's okay.

Return to “Coffeeshop board”