All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

A personal question to you all

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Wed Dec 27, 12:03 am

Plenty of posters here with a deep history to the dam

Do you recall your first coffee shop ? What was it ?

Failing that your first memorable coffee shop experience will be fine.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Re: A personal question to you all

Postby a bollocks » Wed Dec 27, 12:44 am

My first CS was Amnesia. Had wanted to hit Grey Area but I was early.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4453&p=38395#p38395

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Wed Dec 27, 12:53 am

Excellent post man

Thanks for the link

I’ve had some great times there myself

Great location in summer .

I’ve had plenty of good times in g a as well but like you say sometimes hard to get in and lining up ain’t my thing

I miss the cool chocolate place near there . At the time I thought it was the best choclates I’ve ever had in life but I most likely just high as

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Dec 27, 2:24 am

I think I've related this story before? First coffeeshop experience was actually in Utrecht! We'd gone over on the coach for Mrs Des's 40th birthday treat!

I'd made the mistake of packing up ciggies just before we went, but I was still putting tobacco in spliffs! After going without nicotine all the way from Blighty on the bus I was crawling up the wall for a hit!

As soon as we got to our hotel we dumped our bags and told a taxi driver to take us to the nearest coffeeshop! It turned out to be the El Torro, slap bang in the centre of town!

I asked the budtender for the strongest weed on the menu and proceeded to roll a big fat doobie with half green and half baccy!

It was beautiful to smoke and hit every spot! I must admit to being a greedy bastard as I must have caned 60% of it before I passed it to my Missus!

We'd planned to go out for a few drinkies and a nice scran after scoring some weed, but by the time we'd made the short walk up the side street onto the main drag I was shaking uncontrollably and my teeth were chattering like I was in a deep freezer!

Paranoia kicked in big time when I contemplated going in a strange bar in a foreign country and trying to order drinks and food while stammering like a fuckin' retard, so we jumped in another taxi and went back to the hotel instead!

It took me at least 2 hours in bed with the covers pulled up to my chin and the central heating blazing to come back down to Earth off that motherfucker!

I've always treated Dutch weed with a lot more respect after that!

Peace, Des.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Wed Dec 27, 2:53 am

des wrote:I think I've related this story before? First coffeeshop experience was actually in Utrecht! We'd gone over on the coach for Mrs Des's 40th birthday treat!

I'd made the mistake of packing up ciggies just before we went, but I was still putting tobacco in spliffs! After going without nicotine all the way from Blighty on the bus I was crawling up the wall for a hit!

As soon as we got to our hotel we dumped our bags and told a taxi driver to take us to the nearest coffeeshop! It turned out to be the El Torro, slap bang in the centre of town!

I asked the budtender for the strongest weed on the menu and proceeded to roll a big fat doobie with half green and half baccy!

It was beautiful to smoke and hit every spot! I must admit to being a greedy bastard as I must have caned 60% of it before I passed it to my Missus!

We'd planned to go out for a few drinkies and a nice scran after scoring some weed, but by the time we'd made the short walk up the side street onto the main drag I was shaking uncontrollably and my teeth were chattering like I was in a deep freezer!

Paranoia kicked in big time when I contemplated going in a strange bar in a foreign country and trying to order drinks and food while stammering like a fuckin' retard, so we jumped in another taxi and went back to the hotel instead!

It took me at least 2 hours in bed with the covers pulled up to my chin and the central heating blazing to come back down to Earth off that motherfucker!

Peace, Des.

FFS! This belongs in the Trip Report section as it rivals anything there!

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Dec 27, 9:29 am

^^I'd agree^^

My first trip was '68, before any cannabis coffeeshops existed, but it was still the first place i tasted my first hash.

But for first coffeeshop, my mind's a little foggy on that one.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Dec 27, 10:50 am

First coffeeshop in Amsterdam ... Stone's Corner

First coffeeshop in Haarlem ... WW Sativa

First coffeeshop in Zandvoort ... La Paz

Peace, Des.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Wed Dec 27, 11:22 am

des wrote:I think I've related this story before? First coffeeshop experience was actually in Utrecht! We'd gone over on the coach for Mrs Des's 40th birthday treat!

Peace, Des.

Your a cool pommy Des - great story . And nothing wrong with a repeat or two of a story . One of the great positive of been a stoner

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Wed Dec 27, 8:27 pm

Dolphins....back when they served booze.

bigbird
super poster
super poster

Postby bigbird » Wed Dec 27, 9:53 pm

Rookies. I had a semi whitey and the staff were very helpful until I regained the ability to find my way back to where I was staying.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Thu Dec 28, 12:33 am

des wrote: I was shaking uncontrollably and my teeth were chattering like I was in a deep freezer!
Paranoia kicked in big time

I’ve had a similar experience :-))

I remember I started a similar thread many years ago, but I can not find it ;-)
Gracias for the memories, Bolsy,

Mine was Kadinsky on Rosmarijnsteeg . July 96, purely by chance.

winnie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby winnie » Thu Dec 28, 1:56 am

Mine was a place somewhere around Waterlooplien called het theehuis. It was probably 1980. They had two large blackboards with prices and varieties. One was for tea and the other was for weed.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Thu Dec 28, 3:18 am

early 90's
Bulldog on Liedesplein
plane arrived at 6am
by 7:25am, I swear every person that was on that plane was at the bulldog
it was the only shop open that early back then
it was an amazing feeling, one that i can still conjure up, as i sit and think about that morning.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Thu Dec 28, 11:46 am

Siberie...first AND last!

:-)

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Dec 28, 12:39 pm

winnie wrote:Mine was a place somewhere around Waterlooplien called het theehuis. It was probably 1980. They had two large blackboards with prices and varieties. One was for tea and the other was for weed.

Sounds like the 'Theehuis' in Haarlem! ... They had a huge selection of fruit and herbal teas to choose from and it remains to this day the only place I've scored authentic tasting Red Lebanese hash anywhere in the Netherlands!

Peace, Des.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Thu Dec 28, 2:06 pm

uk*bag*lady wrote:Siberie...first AND last!

:-)

Lol ;)

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Dec 28, 4:09 pm

my first cs . don't recall the name, somewhere down on prinsengracht, shop had lots of glass, lot's of plants, open stairs to the second gave for an atrium effect, was ran by two gals . do recall, i lost my purchase before the next stop .

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Dec 28, 6:30 pm

March 1993 - Coffeeshop Rockland. I couldn't talk any friends in to going with me so I said fuck it went solo. I knew nothing more about Amsterdam than what I'd read in Let's Go! A Budget Guide To Amsterdam. I got a place in the Jordaan on a canal. On the walk from CS to the hotel I found a small zip lock baggie with a weed leaf printed on it. I smiled and couldn't wait to find my first shop. After I checked in I set out in search. Rockland was the first that I noticed. I had been told by friends to look for places that had Bob Marley banners in the window. When I went in to Rockland I remember there was a U2 video playing on the TV. I ordered a gram of blond polm hash and headed straight back to my room to toke out and listen to CDs. I've never gone back to Rockland.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Dec 28, 7:32 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:my first cs . don't recall the name, somewhere down on prinsengracht, shop had lots of glass, lot's of plants, open stairs to the second gave for an atrium effect, was ran by two gals . do recall, i lost my purchase before the next stop .

Sounds like La Tertulia? I hit a now defunct cs in the early nineties called Mother's Milk, who wound up losing their lease because of ambiguities of what they were leasing the space for. They had the winning strain in the cannabis cup, before High Times figured out how much more money could be made making the general public judges for a fee. I wanted to buy seeds from the Mother's Milk's winning strain, however, this was even before the Dutch had figured out how valuable those seeds were and they wouldn't sell them, even tho the proprietors were americans, not Dutch. I did get to try the strain tho, which was named after the cs and it was very, very good.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Dec 28, 8:53 pm

Betty Too.

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hobie » Mon Jan 01, 9:19 pm

I can't remember but it's near the Krasnapolsky . Out the Krass door , goto the left and a one minute walk to ...

octafish
power poster
power poster

Postby octafish » Wed Jan 03, 1:36 am

Buy and fly from The Bushdoctor on Amstel, en route to the Dutch TT, or maybe World Superbike.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sat May 26, 1:10 pm

Rasta Baby! Since closed :(

Return to “Coffeeshop board”