the good stuff

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

the good stuff

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Tue Oct 24, 11:39 pm

so its been a couple of years since Ive been to Amsterdam.

any current thoughts on the best cs and stains?

seems more and more shops have disappeared and a few of my old stomping grounds included.

any one got some suggestions?

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Re: the good stuff

Postby FlyByNite » Wed Oct 25, 1:51 am

Check the latest 15 menus posted.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Coffeesh ... stTenPosts

Enjoy
FlyByNite

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Wed Oct 25, 3:42 am

Thanks mate

Funny enough I was on that very site this morning !

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Oct 25, 6:35 pm

Did you check out Superskunk, which is listed amongst his fifteen latest menus? I thought concentrates were forbidden in Amsterdam, however, Superskunk lists dabs on their menu. It's like jumping from beer to moonshine tho and can produce a whitey in the most hardened of stoners, if they aren't used to the technique.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Wed Oct 25, 7:07 pm

Katsu is a little out of the center near the Albert Cuyp Market which is a treat in itself. It has a good vibe and is my go to spot.

Are you going over the holidays by chance? I’m trying to get there for Xmas and NY’s.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Wed Oct 25, 9:31 pm

alpha wrote:Did you check out Superskunk, which is listed amongst his fifteen latest menus? I thought concentrates were forbidden in Amsterdam, however, Superskunk lists dabs on their menu. It's like jumping from beer to moonshine tho and can produce a whitey in the most hardened of stoners, if they aren't used to the technique.

Thanks for the tip. I’m a fan of concentrates. Used to like the terminator. Still remember the first consumption and going wow !

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Wed Oct 25, 9:34 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:Katsu is a little out of the center near the Albert Cuyp Market which is a treat in itself. It has a good vibe and is my go to spot.

Are you going over the holidays by chance? I’m trying to get there for Xmas and NY’s.

Sure am. Scotland for Xmas with the little women and her family and then to the dam for some solo fun.

Catch up for sure if the dates work out mate

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Wed Oct 25, 9:40 pm

I just check out superskunk menu alpha and lucky I was sitting down at the time.

I am stunned at the pricing

I remember terminator and similar around the 50 to 60 mark and now it’s 90 to 120.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Wed Oct 25, 11:14 pm

Fuck that! I refuse to pay more than the equivalent of €50 for 3.2gram-ish which is the standard (worst) price of a deal in Ireland, if you dont buy bulk.

Also, not particularly 'into' fancy schmancy super concentrate crack pipe shite.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Thu Oct 26, 6:04 am

I very rarely see any hash where I live and it’s sort of a holiday treat but I’m with you that pricing is just silly

Probably will not be able to help myself and have a go tho anyhow :)

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Oct 26, 3:25 pm

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:I just check out superskunk menu alpha and lucky I was sitting down at the time.

I remember terminator and similar around the 50 to 60 mark and now it’s 90 to 120.

That's quite a leap, perhaps rather than jumping the north sea you should hurdle the other pond and come to Colorado, where a gram of Craft 710 Diesel Dog shatter will run you $20 plus 22% in taxes. And the choices are on a much grander scale.

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/light ... creational

Dab to your heart's content and not break the wallet.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Oct 26, 5:20 pm

alpha wrote:
kiwi_in_Oz wrote:I just check out superskunk menu alpha and lucky I was sitting down at the time.

That's quite a leap, perhaps rather than jumping the north sea you should hurdle the other pond and come to Colorado, where a gram of Craft 710 Diesel Dog shatter will run you $20 plus 22% in taxes. And the choices are on a much grander scale.

The only down side to that is the lack of coffeeshops or anywhere else to consume the concentrates. It's one thing to get some weed and find somewhere semi-private to smoke a joint, like a hiking path. But having to buy a rig and then fine a place to use it could be a pain in the ass. The one option I've been able to think of while typing this would be to stay at a 420 friendly airbnb place, and if they happen to have a rig you can borrow, awesome.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Thu Oct 26, 9:34 pm

alpha wrote:

I’m stunned again. That’s a menu and half for sure!

Clearly a sophisticated and advanced civilisation. Never gone to the US. Spent some time in South America but never made it north.

Colorado looks like an interesting place even with out the endlesss menu selection.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Oct 26, 9:54 pm

moe. wrote:
alpha wrote:

The only down side to that is the lack of coffeeshops or anywhere else to consume the concentrates. It's one thing to get some weed and find somewhere semi-private to smoke a joint, like a hiking path. But having to buy a rig and then fine a place to use it could be a pain in the ass. The one option I've been able to think of while typing this would be to stay at a 420 friendly airbnb place, and if they happen to have a rig you can borrow, awesome.

There are six cannabis clubs in Colorado Springs. I can't understand why Denver doesn't get their shit together.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Oct 26, 11:16 pm

Old Fart wrote:
moe. wrote:
alpha wrote:

There are six cannabis clubs in Colorado Springs. I can't understand why Denver doesn't get their shit together.

I can't understand why Oregon doesn't get it's shit together. I think Portland had a few, but I'm not sure if they still exist. Perhaps it's because they know that people will drive home stoned and that is strictly taboo. But it happens on a daily basis at places that serve alcohol and they are cool with that because big bucks can be made from a DUI. We all know that comparing driving stoned to driving drunk is an apples/oranges situation.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Fri Oct 27, 12:22 am

moe. wrote:But it happens on a daily basis at places that serve alcohol and they are cool with that because big bucks can be made from a DUI. We all know that comparing driving stoned to driving drunk is an apples/oranges situation.

Who is “they” that place profit over public safety? Are you “cool” with stoned driving?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Oct 27, 1:24 am

Cali Guy wrote:Are you “cool” with stoned driving?

Absolutely. I have been driving stoned since I got my learners permit in the '70s, and I've never had a DUI.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Oct 27, 4:00 am

Old Fart wrote:
moe. wrote:
alpha wrote:

Denver is slowly getting their shit together. Seems like always baby steps tho...

http://www.westword.com/marijuana/denve ... es-9407330

Places to toke nowadaze, but what i've seen of the IBake shops, they ain't much, a place for youngsters to go, if their folks won't let them toke at home. There was a great club up in Nederland, Co., called Club Ned, but they closed last summer due to a real estate snafu.

http://www.westword.com/marijuana/hallo ... go-9622873

Even Nevada is having trouble getting cannabis clubs going.

http://www.westword.com/marijuana/nevad ... do-9478725

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Fri Oct 27, 3:49 pm

moe. wrote:

Absolutely. I have been driving stoned since I got my learners permit in the '70s, and I've never had a DUI.

Not getting a DUI isn't an accomplishment, the majority of drunk drivers don't as well. Your concern should be not getting a whitey while rolling around enjoying a dab, and if you never had a whitey you're not giving it your best effort at getting a good buzz.
Or maybe the “they” you speak of don't have the profit motive to bother.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Oct 27, 4:24 pm

Cali Guy wrote:
moe. wrote:

Not getting a DUI isn't an accomplishment, the majority of drunk drivers don't as well. Your concern should be not getting a whitey while rolling around enjoying a dab, and if you never had a whitey you're not giving it your best effort at getting a good buzz.
Or maybe the “they” you speak of don't have the profit motive to bother.

I've yet to try dabbing. When driving it is a joint or one hitters from a pipe if traveling with someone else. I guess I've been extremely lucky when it comes to whities, but I can't recall the last one I had. I don't think it was this century.

The "they" I spoke of was lawyers, the judicial system, and anyone else that dings your wallet when you get a DUI.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Oct 27, 4:26 pm

alpha wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
moe. wrote:
alpha wrote:

Denver is slowly getting their shit together. Seems like always baby steps tho...

http://www.westword.com/marijuana/denve ... es-9407330

Places to toke nowadaze, but what i've seen of the IBake shops, they ain't much, a place for youngsters to go, if their folks won't let them toke at home. There was a great club up in Nederland, Co., called Club Ned, but they closed last summer due to a real estate snafu.

http://www.westword.com/marijuana/hallo ... go-9622873

Even Nevada is having trouble getting cannabis clubs going.

http://www.westword.com/marijuana/nevad ... do-9478725

Thanks for the enlightenment Alpha.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Fri Oct 27, 4:45 pm

moe. wrote:The "they" I spoke of was lawyers, the judicial system, and anyone else that dings your wallet when you get a DUI.

Between a “ding” to the wallet and a nominal fine with no judicial interdiction I'm inclined to go with the former.
Besides being lucky with whitey's you seem to be lucky as well that your life has never been effected by drunk driving.
You're truly charmed I hope it lasts.
Last edited by Cali Guy on Sat Oct 28, 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Sat Oct 28, 6:58 pm

Authorities prepare to “ding” Alexia Alilah Cina's wallet.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Oct 28, 10:04 pm

When you're drunk you're driving 80 mph and think you're doing 30, when you're stoned you're doing 30 and think you're doing 80.

Drunk driving and stoned driving are lightyears apart when discussing driving impared.The two shouldn't even be thought of as similar.
Some studies say regular cannabis users are better drivers than sober drivers.

As of now, there is no reliable scientific way to determine if someone is impared due to cannabis. For lots of reasons.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/pot/2015/ ... are-sober/

Lots more via Google search.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Sat Oct 28, 10:49 pm

Old Fart wrote:when you're stoned you're doing 30 and think you're doing 80.

Isn't that the definition of impaired?

It is what it is, “toking” to enhance the pleasure of your driving experience you assume the same consequences as driving drunk.

It's another thing to commiserate a DUI for a “ding” to the wallet.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat Oct 28, 11:01 pm

To clarify, I have no issues with fines and penalties for alcohol related DUIs. Period.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Sat Oct 28, 11:50 pm

moe. wrote:To clarify, I have no issues with fines and penalties for alcohol related DUIs. Period.

moe. wrote:The "they" I spoke of was lawyers, the judicial system, and anyone else that dings your wallet when you get a DUI.

My apologies, I didn't realize the term “dings your wallet” was an indication of support.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sun Oct 29, 12:21 am

Cali Guy wrote:Isn't that the definition of impaired?

No...its an overgeneralation a cop said once.

Everyone who uses and drives understands the ramifications of getting pulled over and getting tested for THC. That doesn't make it right.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Sun Oct 29, 12:43 am

Old Fart wrote:
Cali Guy wrote:Isn't that the definition of impaired?
No...its an overgeneralation a cop said once..

It's hard to accept a cops offhanded dismissal of a cognitive functions collapse as nothing to be concerned about.

It's just hard to picture giving a teenager with a learners permit a bone to improve his driving ability.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sun Oct 29, 1:17 am

I guess you can make up all kinds of senerios.

I'm just making the case for the science of it.

It's hard to let go of old stereotypical nonsense we've been taught about cannabis the last 80 years. But if we stick to the science no matter where it goes that's always best.

The teen with the learners permit was very dramatic though.

Return to “Coffeeshop board”