Leafly

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Leafly

Postby moe. » Sun Apr 23, 5:23 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:Police Have a New Mouth-Swab Test to Check if Drivers Are Under the Influence of Marijuana or Other Drugs
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

have been in some bars in missouri, back in the 90's, what had these pill packets that would allegedly knock your alcohol level down .
i have no idea how, or, if that worked, but assuming it did, you'd think there's a reasonable facsimile to counter this .

I don't see how this test proves impairment. As we've all known forever, you can have it in your system and not be under the influence because it takes a long time to exit the body. For people like myself that use it daily, it is always going to be in the system. Fortunately, I've never seen a DUI checkpoint in my part of Oregon.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Apr 23, 7:36 pm

moe. wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:Police Have a New Mouth-Swab Test to Check if Drivers Are Under the Influence of Marijuana or Other Drugs

have been in some bars in missouri, back in the 90's, what had these pill packets that would allegedly knock your alcohol level down .
i have no idea how, or, if that worked, but assuming it did, you'd think there's a reasonable facsimile to counter this .

I don't see how this test proves impairment. As we've all known forever, you can have it in your system and not be under the influence because it takes a long time to exit the body. For people like myself that use it daily, it is always going to be in the system. Fortunately, I've never seen a DUI checkpoint in my part of Oregon.

i don't know, perhaps the swab is just a indicator, a blood test would be next??
a friend last year went through this hoop jumping . pennswoods is a zero nanogram state and allegedly it takes 8hrs. for thc to clear the blood, his class tough . i would think that to be rule of thumb??, as well, i'm a daily toker .

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun Apr 23, 9:09 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:
moe. wrote:

i don't know, perhaps the swab is just a indicator, a blood test would be next??
a friend last year went through this hoop jumping . pennswoods is a zero nanogram state and allegedly it takes 8hrs. for thc to clear the blood, his class tough . i would think that to be rule of thumb??, as well, i'm a daily toker .

I still don't understand what they are going to be able to detect in the blood that indicates that someone is actually under the influence. It is my understanding that it stays in the blood much longer.

This is taken from WedMD: "In general, blood testing for marijuana (THC) is performed to measure impairment, such as in driving while under the influence cases. Some experts say marijuana is detectable in the blood for up to a week among regular smokers."

So if that is true, a person that tokes daily could take a couple days off and still test as being under the influence. And there is no way to prove one way or the other whether that person took a break or not. It sounds like a good lawyer could be necessary.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Apr 24, 2:59 pm

Our minister even confirmed when asked by a reporter if people not currently impaired could lose their licence. It's a joke.

https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.breakingn ... 11538.html

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Mon Apr 24, 5:57 pm

Generous_J wrote:Our minister even confirmed when asked by a reporter if people not currently impaired could lose their license. It's a joke.

https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.breakingn ... 11538.html

That is one fucked up article. What kind of bullshit test have they come up with that proves that just because THC is still in your system you are still impaired by it?

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Apr 24, 7:00 pm

It is bullshit but it seems it is a common enough test 'worldwide'. It is the Drager Drug Test 5000. Here is a FAQ produced by the Gardaí (Irish police):

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=w ... 6vhtHejXrQ

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Mon Apr 24, 11:06 pm

Generous_J wrote:It is bullshit but it seems it is a common enough test 'worldwide'. It is the Drager Drug Test 5000. Here is a FAQ produced by the Gardaí (Irish police):

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=w ... 6vhtHejXrQ

I find it hard to believe that it can only detect cannabis use for 6 hours after use. I don't trust that machine. I'm so glad that Oregon and Washington don't have DUI checkpoints. I''ve been driving under the influence of weed since I was a teenager and I know that my driving skills are just as good stoned as not.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed Mar 21, 2:58 am

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Wed Mar 21, 10:55 pm

moe. wrote:I''ve been driving under the influence of weed since I was a teenager and I know that my driving skills are just as good stoned as not.

But isn’t your opinion invalid because you use Cannabis?

There are a few here that would like to be warned if you plan on driving in their area’s. Me? I’d lend you my car.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Mar 22, 1:45 pm

moe. wrote:I''ve been driving under the influence of weed since I was a teenager and I know that my driving skills are just as good stoned as not.

MileHighDenver wrote: isn’t your opinion invalid because you use Cannabis?

No, Moe's opinion isn't invalid, but his assessment is...
MileHighDenver wrote:There are a few here that would like to be warned if you plan on driving in their area’s. Me? I’d lend you my car.

Hahaha... did you read the article I posted? And continuing, please keep Old Twat out there in Colorado also, as I don't want him fucking up the beauty of Pennsylvania with his uncontrollable vomiting... :)

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Mar 22, 7:27 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:

There are a few here that would like to be warned if you plan on driving in their area’s. Me? I’d lend you my car.

Those few people need to avoid southern Oregon then. I've ridden with you before when we were toking and likewise, I'd lend you my car as well, as long as you can drive stick, I can't recall. I do still remember that cop telling you/us over his loudspeaker to put that joint out or he would pull us over. Nice guy lmao! I rarely toke while driving anymore, but I drive under the influence of cannabis daily. My driving record is squeaky clean.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Mar 22, 7:36 pm

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Mar 22, 9:46 pm

Does anyone else remember an episode of WKRP In Cincinnati where Dr Johnny Fever took a challenge to drink and drive? The more he drank, the better he drove.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Mar 23, 2:45 am

allegedly? . catching stoned drivers isn't so easy ................

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon Mar 26, 6:35 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/as-col ... practices/

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 27, 12:25 am

Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/as-col ... practices/

You should know as much as anyone, that numbers can be eschewed to produce whatever anyone wants.

Ronnie Cohen for Reuters wrote:(Reuters Health) - Legalization of medical marijuana is not linked with increased traffic fatalities, a new study finds. In some states, in fact, the number of people killed in traffic accidents dropped after medical marijuana laws were enacted.

Deaths dropped 11 percent on average in states that legalized medical marijuana, researchers discovered after analyzing 1.2 million traffic fatalities nationwide from 1985 through 2014.

The decrease in traffic fatalities was particularly striking – 12 percent – in 25- to 44-year-olds, an age group with a large percentage of registered medical marijuana users, the authors report in the American Journal of Public Health.

Though Santaella-Tenorio was surprised by the drop in traffic deaths, the results mirror the findings of another study of data from 19 states published in 2013 in The Journal of Law and Economics. It showed an 8 to 11 percent decrease in traffic fatalities during the first full year after legalization of medical marijuana.

Christopher Ingraham for the Washington Post wrote:Last week, a pair of studies came to seemingly opposite conclusions on whether rising marijuana use is causing an increase in car crashes in states that have legalized the drug.

The first, conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, analyzed insurance claims for vehicle collisions filed between January 2012 and October 2016. The IIHS researchers compared claims in states that had recently legalized marijuana (Colorado, Washington and Oregon) with claims in similar neighboring states that hadn't.

They found that over that time period, collisions claim frequencies in the states that had legalized marijuana were about 3 percent higher than would have been anticipated without legalization. The researchers characterized that number as small, but significant. Collision claim frequency refers to the number of claims filed divided by the number of insured vehicle years.

But hot on the heels of that analysis came a second study, published in the American Journal of Public Health (AJPH), that found no increase in vehicle crash fatalities in Colorado and Washington, relative to similar states, after legalization.

The authors of that study analyzed federal data on fatal car crashes from 2009 to 2015. “We found no significant association between recreational marijuana legalization in Washington and Colorado and subsequent changes in motor vehicle crash fatality rates in the first 3 years after recreational marijuana legalization,” they concluded.

On the one hand, a finding that legalization led to a small but significant increase in crashes. On the other, a study concluding that legalization had no effect on fatal crashes at all. Do the two contradict each other?

Not necessarily...

What's interesting is the two articles i quoted convey where they get their statistics from, whereas your link doesn't.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue Mar 27, 1:44 am

alpha wrote:What's interesting is the two articles i quoted convey where they get their statistics from, whereas your link doesn't.

The article my link refers to uses the actual people ran over by these stoned road mad men like Moe & MHD...

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Mar 27, 1:59 am

Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:What's interesting is the two articles i quoted convey where they get their statistics from, whereas your link doesn't.

The article my link refers to uses the actual people ran over by these stoned road mad men like Moe & MHD...

I'll let my driving record speak for itself. I haven't been pulled over in close to 20 years.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Mar 27, 10:22 pm

Banks wrote:

. But but
http://urhealthguide.com/first-kind-study-finds-virtually-no-driving-impairment-influence-marijuana/

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Wed Mar 28, 9:59 am

MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:

. But but
http://urhealthguide.com/first-kind-study-finds-virtually-no-driving-impairment-influence-marijuana/

But but... from your article, 2nd or so paragraph in... "The first study to analyze the effects of cannabis on driving performance found that it caused almost no impairment. The impairment that it did cause was similar to that observed under the influence of a legal alcohol limit."

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Mar 28, 6:34 pm

Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:

. But but

But but... from your article, 2nd or so paragraph in... "The first study to analyze the effects of cannabis on driving performance found that it caused almost no impairment. The impairment that it did cause was similar to that observed under the influence of a legal alcohol limit."

Actually it's the fifth paragraph in, but perhaps you should read that paragraph again and comprehend it this time.

Dr. John Regan wrote:DRIVERS WITH BLOOD CONCENTRATIONS OF 13.1 UG/L THC, OR DELTA-9-TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL, THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN MARIJUANA, SHOWED INCREASED WEAVING THAT WAS SIMILAR TO THOSE WITH A .08 BREATH ALCOHOL CONCENTRATION, THE LEGAL LIMIT IN MOST STATES. THE LEGAL LIMIT FOR THC IN WASHINGTON AND COLORADO IS 5 UG/L, THE SAME AMOUNT OTHER STATES HAVE CONSIDERED.

To put it simply folks with nearly two and a half times the legal limit of cannabis in their systems, drive just as good as folks at the legal limit of alcohol.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Wed Mar 28, 8:47 pm

alpha wrote:Actually it's the fifth paragraph in, but perhaps you should read that paragraph again and comprehend it this time.

Dr. John Regan wrote:DRIVERS WITH BLOOD CONCENTRATIONS OF 13.1 UG/L THC, OR DELTA-9-TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL, THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN MARIJUANA, SHOWED INCREASED WEAVING THAT WAS SIMILAR TO THOSE WITH A .08 BREATH ALCOHOL CONCENTRATION, THE LEGAL LIMIT IN MOST STATES. THE LEGAL LIMIT FOR THC IN WASHINGTON AND COLORADO IS 5 UG/L, THE SAME AMOUNT OTHER STATES HAVE CONSIDERED.

To put it simply folks with nearly two and a half times the legal limit of cannabis in their systems, drive just as good as folks at the legal limit of alcohol.

How much do you have to smoke to blow a 5 UG/L?

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Mar 28, 11:53 pm

Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:Actually it's the fifth paragraph in, but perhaps you should read that paragraph again and comprehend it this time.

How much do you have to smoke to blow a 5 UG/L?

5 UG/L is equal to .0005 millilitres, but i have zero idea how much i have to toke to achieve that total, do you? My guess would be fifty to sixty bong hits.=) I do know that it took six beers over six hours to blow a .12 on a trooper's breathalyzer, which at the time anything between .1 and .15 was at the officer's discretion. When we reached the part about repeating the alphabet i did it slowly forwards, so as not to slur l, m, n, o and p, but gave it to him backwards in rapid succession. He let me go not realizing i was far more stoned than i was drunk.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Mar 29, 12:27 am

alpha wrote:... but i have zero idea how much i have to toke to achieve that total, do you?

Of course I don't, no one does... except you seem to know for a fact that you need 13+ of them to achieve the same state of sobriety as alcohol...
alpha wrote:My guess would be fifty to sixty bong hits.=)

What you smoking, Willis? Must not be MHD weed... Old Twat pukes when he smokes that stuff... :)

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Mar 29, 6:50 am

Banks wrote:Of course I don't, no one does... except you seem to know for a fact that you need 13+ of them to achieve the same state of sobriety as alcohol...

No, i'm only quoting Dr. Regan above, who's study has several reputable organizations latched onto it, unlike that link you pulled from the Denver Post. Also, you seem to be having difficulty grasping that their study showed it took thirteen of them to create a similar level of impaired driving, as someone at the legal limit of alcohol. Point zero eight percent alcohol in your bloodstream isn't remotely sober btw.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Mar 29, 10:25 am

alpha wrote:No, i'm only quoting Dr. Regan above,

If you quote him, you must believe what he's written which is convenient for your beliefs... so don't pussy out and say you're only quoting him... what type of doctor is he?
alpha wrote: Also, you seem to be having difficulty grasping that their study showed it took thirteen of them to create a similar level of impaired driving,

What exactly do you mean by "impaired?"
alpha wrote:Point zero eight percent alcohol in your bloodstream isn't remotely sober btw.

And now you are an alcohol expert too? Go on with your bad self... :)

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Mar 29, 6:06 pm

I thought of you guys while toking a salad joint of Chocolate Hashberry and Jack The Ripper on the way home from a job yesterday. It was so nice and warm and sunny and the freeway was wide open, some Jeff Lynne's ELO from the 2014 Festival In A Day cranking on the stereo..... just lovely!

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Mar 29, 7:57 pm

moe. wrote:I thought of you guys while toking a salad joint of Chocolate Hashberry and Jack The Ripper on the way home from a job yesterday. It was so nice and warm and sunny and the freeway was wide open, some Jeff Lynne's ELO from the 2014 Festival In A Day cranking on the stereo..... just lovely!

I'm a big fan of ELO... especially Rosie... :)

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Thu Apr 12, 8:41 pm

Nevermind the weed impairment how many people take anti depressants or pain pills and then drive?

Personally I think Benadryl impairs you more than weed or alcohol.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Sun Apr 22, 1:32 am

nemesystem wrote:Nevermind the weed impairment how many people take anti depressants or pain pills and then drive?

Personally I think Benadryl impairs you more than weed or alcohol.

I like to mix NyQuil and espresso for a nice speedball effect.

Return to “Coffeeshop board”