wtf USA?!

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

wtf USA?!

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Oct 09, 4:29 pm

The annual number of arrests for marijuana offenses in the U.S. increased last year for the first time since 2009, according to the Uniform Crime Report released Monday by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. An estimated 700,993 arrests were made nationwide for marijuana-related offenses in 2014 — up from 693,058 in 2013 — of which 88.42% were for possession. On average, one person was arrested for a marijuana-related offense in the U.S. approximately every 45 seconds (every 51 seconds for possession).

Gotta figure if there are 3 legal states that means even MORE of the rest of us are getting busted! How fucked up is this???

what an amazing waste of time and tax payer money.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... -last-year

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: wtf USA?!

Postby des » Fri Oct 09, 5:50 pm

Can't you use the fact it's legal in 3 States as part of your defence?

What if you've bought the weed legally in one State then got busted with it in another?

Does the government tax sales of weed in the States where it's legal?

Peace, Des.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Oct 09, 6:45 pm

perhaps the fact it's still illegal under fed law mutes that argument? .
somewhere it got all backwards, the states are to have the hammer, not the feds

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Fri Oct 09, 7:14 pm

I think there more arresrse in the border states lots if people bringing back to Kansas etc.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Fri Oct 09, 8:08 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:perhaps the fact it's still illegal under fed law mutes that argument? .

If the government has profited from your purchase, surely you could argue that some shiny arse from the tax office should be in the dock along side you?

Talk about having your fuckin' cake and eating it!

Peace, Des.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Oct 10, 1:42 am

des wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:perhaps the fact it's still illegal under fed law mutes that argument? .

If the government has profited from your purchase, surely you could argue that some shiny arse from the tax office should be in the dock along side you?

Talk about having your fuckin' cake and eating it!

Peace, Des.

The feds receive no taxes, yet, nor to states other than the ones who've legalized it, so no defense there. However, as more states legalize it i'm sure the feds well want to glean their share and it wouldn't surprise me that they'd demand it be retroactive from when the business opened. Our feds feed on the icing, they leave the cake, or crumbs for the public.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Sat Oct 10, 1:57 am

it needs to be decriminalized on a national level.. and then let the states "legalize it" for recreational purposes....

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Sat Oct 10, 4:21 am

If we are the united states I don't get the state by state differences. That's some weird shit and in some ways good shit.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sat Oct 10, 7:09 pm

In Colorado they are early releasing another 46 drug offenders from prison this month. It's something at least. They arrested 30 more last week for growing in Natioal forest land. Most were Illegal Mexicans and Cubans.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Oct 11, 3:41 pm

HBO has a piece on the drug offenders in prison. Obama himself actually visits a prison and talks to men in for drugs. Obama wants all those in for petty drug " crimes" released although one president can hardly change this insanity alone. Congress needs to act by rescheduling weed. How long do u think that will take?

sdshadow
super power poster
super power poster

Postby sdshadow » Sun Oct 11, 5:04 pm

modern roots wrote:HBO has a piece on the drug offenders in prison. Obama himself actually visits a prison and talks to men in for drugs. Obama wants all those in for petty drug " crimes" released although one president can hardly change this insanity alone. Congress needs to act by rescheduling weed. How long do u think that will take?

As fast as Obama can sign an executive order and stop blaming others.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sun Oct 11, 5:24 pm

sdshadow wrote:
modern roots wrote:HBO has a piece on the drug offenders in prison. Obama himself actually visits a prison and talks to men in for drugs. Obama wants all those in for petty drug " crimes" released although one president can hardly change this insanity alone. Congress needs to act by rescheduling weed. How long do u think that will take?

As fast as Obama can sign an executive order and stop blaming others.

Obama needs to DO something....like fucking reclassify it already

otherwise they release some and then just jail more

stupid waste of our money!

sdshadow
super power poster
super power poster

Postby sdshadow » Sun Oct 11, 5:50 pm

Remember, Obama is within his constitutional rights to issue a blanket presidential pardon for all marijuana related possession charges nationwide or even delay enforcement. Like he did for unlawful non-citizen children.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Thu Oct 22, 6:19 pm

Obama is not planning to change the Federal classification. I feel that he liok S at mj as a 'bad thing', something he did when he was 'young and confused' and he included cocaine also in that. I say this because I have received letter from wh on this. I feel that like many, he does not see the profound healing and well ness usage, but only medical and rec. I hope he can study this more. If anyone can change the schedule its him.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Oct 22, 7:04 pm

Bullshit. Choom won't change the classification because too many people are profiting from it. Obama is a lying cunt with nothing but big business on his agenda.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Thu Oct 22, 7:15 pm

Yeah I can see that as wrll. Of. Still he's been far better than was expected.

sdshadow
super power poster
super power poster

Postby sdshadow » Fri Oct 23, 12:09 am

Philter wrote:Yeah I can see that as wrll. Of. Still he's been far better than was expected.

The perspective of low expectation. An amazing thing.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Oct 23, 5:45 pm

i heard that the UN was going to release a paper abolishing the war on drugs
(Branson put this info on the Virgin Airlines site)
http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/f ... rug-policy

but after three days the UN supposedly succumbed to pressure by one country in particular

i was imaginging Russia or China would have been putting on pressure

but no - it was the USA!
fockers!
(this is internet hearsay - but....i imagine there is some truth in it)

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Oct 23, 6:49 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:i heard that the UN was going to release a paper abolishing the war on drugs

Would this really pull any weight with our government? I'd highly doubt it.

worldcitizen1723 wrote:(this is internet hearsay - but....i imagine there is some truth in it)

Just a theory, but could it be our gov't is protecting our pharmaceutical companies from competing with a drug, that cures some maladies and soothes many others, rather than just fighting what patients complain about most, their symptoms?

The bottom line with our government is always about profits, even if humanity gets in the way.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Oct 26, 12:26 am

Do you think its too much to ask the DEA and other law enforcement agencies to turn a blind eye to cannabis possession? Gotta be people within the system using weed.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Mon Oct 26, 3:05 am

The Drug Enforcement Administration—tasked with fighting the war on drugs—has for the past two decades approved ever-greater quantities of controlled substances like oxycodone for manufacture and sale in the U.S. by pharmaceutical companies.
In 1993, the DEA allowed pharmaceutical companies to manufacture 3,520 kilograms of oxycodone. In 2015, the DEA authorized production of 137,500 kilograms of oxycodone. That’s a 39-fold increase in 22 years, the equivalent of turning two Buicks into four Boeing 737s. Either Americans are in 39 times more pain than we were 20 years ago, or something else is wrong
. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... phine.html

assuming this link verbiage is gospel, maybe it's about political donations? or the substance abuse programs funded [employment] by this uptick ?? . cannabis professes no need for abuse programs, not profitable then .

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Oct 26, 4:06 am

smokedpeppers wrote:The Drug Enforcement Administration—tasked with fighting the war on drugs—has for the past two decades approved ever-greater quantities of controlled substances like oxycodone for manufacture and sale in the U.S. by pharmaceutical companies.
In 1993, the DEA allowed pharmaceutical companies to manufacture 3,520 kilograms of oxycodone. In 2015, the DEA authorized production of 137,500 kilograms of oxycodone. That’s a 39-fold increase in 22 years, the equivalent of turning two Buicks into four Boeing 737s. Either Americans are in 39 times more pain than we were 20 years ago, or something else is wrong
. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... phine.html

assuming this link verbiage is gospel, maybe it's about political donations? or the substance abuse programs funded [employment] by this uptick ?? . cannabis professes no need for abuse programs, not profitable then .

Wow!!! So the DEA approves all this and then goes after pill mills and pain management doctors? Seems as if the DEA is contributing to abuse and deaths by allowing so much pill production.

That story is an eye opener.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Mon Oct 26, 5:32 pm

Obama has been far better than bush was. The Cole memo was a big thing.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Mon Oct 26, 7:28 pm

Yes but thats not saying much..... honestly... Obama hasn't done shit... it's not like he hasn't tried... it's the way our shitty government works....

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Mon Oct 26, 9:16 pm

nemesystem wrote:Yes but thats not saying much..... honestly... Obama hasn't done shit... it's not like he hasn't tried... it's the way our shitty government works....

Right, saving the auto industry, reducing the deficit, reducing unemployment and the ACA (amongst many other things) aside....right?

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Tue Oct 27, 12:44 am

Bohannon wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Yes but thats not saying much..... honestly... Obama hasn't done shit... it's not like he hasn't tried... it's the way our shitty government works....

Right, saving the auto industry, reducing the deficit, reducing unemployment and the ACA (amongst many other things) aside....right?

Saving the auto industry? LOL why are we doing that again when most Americans buy foreign cars? American manufacturing has gone downhill since well before I was born... remember the saying built to last? Now it's build half assed products and wait for an upgrade or update or safety recall.

Reducing the deficit while sounding real nice... doesn't exclude the fact we still owe China BILLIONS... so yeah while we may have reduced the debt... it still doesn't solve the problem of spending money we don't have and then having to borrow it from the commies.

Unemployment was reduced (at least in my state) by converting full time employees to either part time or contractor/temp positions and or cutting benefits however I believe places like Reno and Las Vegas still have a high unemployment rate..... Not to mention ACA caused alot of layoffs around the state before making companies started making adjustments.

How can you even list the ACA as an accomplishment? It has done NOTHING to solve the issue that is HEALTHCARE SHOULD NOT BE FOR PROFIT

instead of actually fixing the problem with insurance companies Obama gave them a guarantee and made it so insurance companies will forever have a cash cow.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Oct 27, 12:58 am

Obama is a chump, but he's cool.

ACA...

Ha ha.

The whole thing will need to be rewritten in 2017, it's disintegrating.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Oct 27, 1:12 am

This is the most action the coffeeshop board has seen in awhile.

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hammer » Tue Oct 27, 1:21 am

Bo is a chump, but he's cool. Let him tell us about the national debt. When Bush doubled the debt he was a criminal, but Obama has almost doubled the debt as well, but silence from his bots. Besides, it is probably those damn republicans fault again. Right Bo? Or maybe Fox news caused the debt. Those are Bo's main scapegoats. Without those, what would Bo be like out here?

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Oct 27, 4:20 pm

What do you suppose would have happened under 8 years of Romney/Ryan?

Return to “Coffeeshop board”