weed prices

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Mar 17, 3:21 am

And while I'm thinking about it...retail canibis was always about making money thus the word retail. It's what we do in America, we are capitalists, profit is kinda the point if a person wants to feed his or her family.
It's a brand new industry changing all the time. You need balls of steel to roll the dice knowing it could all be gone in an instant depending on lawsuits, who sits in the White House, or one too many assholes blowing up their neighbors trying to make wax.

The good news, medical is going nowhere so people who live here really aren't overly concerned. And even if the retail stores go away weed will still be legal for anyone over 21 to possess and any resident to grow. Craig's list and Dominos both deliver.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Mar 17, 3:34 am

Yep. $50 is all I'm willing to pay for an ounce of legal weed. It is what it is. You can think whatever u want to think about it. They've got no more than $25 in a pound of finished weed.
And u still haven't addressed growing outdoors and how cheap it is.

I think weed should be legal everywhere and that nobody should be put in prison for weed and I think every single pot prisoner should be freed this very instant. U understand what I am getting across here?
But don't turn weed into a legal business that is as greedy as the goddam oil and gas corporations. U can make a good living with weed without fucking robbing people to do it.
Outdoor weed is the way to go. It is the way nature and mother earth intended it to be. Don't ever forget that. Electricity production emits more greenhouse gas emissions than gasoline and cars. So why do u want to pollute by using all those artificial lights and chemicals. Let nature grow it.
U grow 2 acres of weed and sell pounds at ounce prices and you'll be rich year in and year out. Coal is dirty electricity.
I posted all those numbers and figures in my earlier post straight from the colorado revenue website dealing with marijuana. The excise tax is fucking ridiculous and so is the tax on immature plants and so is the sales tax. And the worst is having to pay that 2.9% personal property tax. U gotta be kidding me? A tax paid on that weed is literally tied to your personal property. That's absolutely immoral. I seriously object to that 2.9% property tax. What next? A property tax on shoes? A property tax on jeans? I could go on and on.
I don't need a storefront and I don't need the taxes. Fuck this corporate control.

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Mar 17, 3:49 am

I object to the tax, i prefer organic outdoor bud, growing a large crop outdoors has alot of risk and takes alot of time. When i started smoking it was ten bucks a lid, hundred a pound, people gave weed away, people Went to mexico or Jamaica To get their friends high. Nobody got rich. Times change. I don't have a problem with paying 250,i do wish it was less and i expect the price to keep dropping, thanks to colorado and the other states

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Mar 17, 3:55 am

Fuck off dim

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Mar 17, 9:27 am

I love how everyone suddenly gets all anti-capitalist when a system that's favoured their generation from cradle to grave makes their drugs more expensive.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Mar 17, 2:02 pm

To grow two acres would be very labor intensive. To grow a successful crop that large would require a huge labor pool. Just to plant thousands of clones that had to be grown indoors to start with. If you tried to grow from seed you would have a nightmare of a time trying to eliminate all the male plants in that big of a grow. Then hope that one late summer hail or wind storm doesn't ruin or damage the whole thing. The logistics to harvest would also be labor intensive requiring many hands on board to get it done in a short amount of time. I don't know of anywhere in the USA where it is legal to grow 2 acres outdoors. If you were caught with that big of grow you would really be in trouble. So I think you still don't know what you're talking about. But I am glad you get your smoke for such a low price where ever that is.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue Mar 17, 3:05 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:To grow two acres would be very labor intensive. To grow a successful crop that large would require a huge labor pool. Just to plant thousands of clones that had to be grown indoors to start with. If you tried to grow from seed you would have a nightmare of a time trying to eliminate all the male plants in that big of a grow. Then hope that one late summer hail or wind storm doesn't ruin or damage the whole thing. The logistics to harvest would also be labor intensive requiring many hands on board to get it done in a short amount of time. I don't know of anywhere in the USA where it is legal to grow 2 acres outdoors. If you were caught with that big of grow you would really be in trouble. So I think you still don't know what you're talking about. But I am glad you get your smoke for such a low price where ever that is.

A couple of interesting articles...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /16614453/

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-2 ... _rush.html

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pu ... _WR764.pdf

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Mar 17, 6:07 pm

25 plants per acre is not very efficient.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Mar 17, 6:28 pm

MHD knows...Modern Roots...not so much.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Mar 17, 7:28 pm

MHD and Bo: I guess my question to u is this: what is the point of legal weed if I can't grow on my 2 acres of land? Sure make it legal so people don't go to prison for weed and release all the pot prisoners. I am all for that. But other than keeping people out of prison what good is legal weed if I can't grow on my land and provide an affordable supply?

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue Mar 17, 7:30 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:25 plants per acre is not very efficient.

Perhaps you misread the first paragraph of the 1st article... its a 40 acre compound, not a 40 acre field that the 1000 plants are contained within. I suggest the actual growing field is quite a bit smaller.

Hopefully you'll read the other two articles I linked to and comment.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Tue Mar 17, 7:31 pm

I was hoping the sour chiesel sesh would help me better understand his mans argument.... I guess not

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Mar 17, 7:42 pm

"...other than keeping people out of prison..."

Feel free to grow whatever you want on your two acres...and to sell it for whatever price you choose. Please let us know how it works out for you.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Tue Mar 17, 7:51 pm

Connoisseur strains have their place in the legal market no doubt.
People want to get the best available.

Given a choice(which I don`t have), I would be willing to sacrifice maybe a degree or two of potency and prestige for the opportunity to grow my own.
There is a whole artificial economy built around illegality of a substance that is widely desired in this society. If every individual could garden cannabis, I believe it would greatly increase productivity and competition in the market, thereby lowering prices. 100`s for an ounce is, I agree robbery of sorts.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Mar 17, 9:16 pm

I do wonder what the cannabis world would look like had Harry J. Anslinger and Randolph Hurst not influenced it so heavily back in the 1930's.

Modern Roots, you can grow 6 plants for personal use in Colorado. Your friends can grow 6 plants each on your property too. So far, collectives have not been outlawed here. With enough friends, you could fill your two acres. Even with 6 if grown properly outdoors with the right strains, feed, topping, cropping etc. you can easily get 4 LB's a plant. I know a guy that gets almost 10 LB's a plant. So with a best effort and great season, you could end up with 50 to 60 LB's legally. Although I am not sure what the rule is for storing such a large amount. And it would be a full time job for several people to keep it all going and do a proper harvest at the end of the season. It is not as easy as it looks. My 10 LB a plant friend has gone completely legal and has invested almost a half million dollars in his outdoor grow property. He has 20 acres but his grow is fenced on under a half acre and he has a license to grow 500 plants. If everything goes great for him he will end up with 4 to 5 thousand pounds and it will all be processed into concentrates. He plans on taking the winter off and going somewhere warm.

Sorry I don't have time to read 29 pages now Banks, but it looks interesting and I will try to have a better look soon. I think they are growing in greenhouses in the 2nd article but it looks like they know their stuff. Maybe there are more big outdoor grows then I was aware of. I don't know as much about Washington and Oregon as I do about my own state of course.

At many of the retail outlets here, you can buy an OZ for $89.00 and I have seen them for even less on special here and there. I don't care for the quality of the stuff, but for someone coming from out of state, I am sure it looks pretty good. I do expect the price to go down even more as more states legalize and I hope quality goes up. My personal stuff still comes from a black market grower and I am willing to pay him more as I know his grow is very small and he puts lots of TLC into each plant. IMO it is heads and shoulders above the warehouse grown commercial shit. Your's may differ.

Sour Chiesel? Hey, I know that strain. Jackie just finished clipping one in Holland today. It took her and a friend about 4 hours to clip that one plant which will yield about 4 OZ's.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Tue Mar 17, 9:55 pm

I'd love to go to a medical marijuana place with a card holder.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Mar 17, 10:04 pm

modern roots wrote:MHD and Bo: I guess my question to u is this: what is the point of legal weed if I can't grow on my 2 acres of land? Sure make it legal so people don't go to prison for weed and release all the pot prisoners. I am all for that. But other than keeping people out of prison what good is legal weed if I can't grow on my land and provide an affordable supply?

I'm afraid 'Consume but don't try producing' is the way everything is going now. Microsoft tried a parallel meassure with the Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act in the early prt of the century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_B ... motion_Act

It would essentially have turned your computer into a dumb terminal under the control of digital IP owners.

Why is this the same thing?

Because economic activity is seen as illegitimate unless it's accompanied by (at the very least) a transfer of money and preferably an attached tax. That's because of the way economic activity, and therefore prosperity, is measured.

Through the 80s and 90s I heard the same refrain: "The only reason weed is illegal is because it can't be taxed. Why don't they legalise it and tax it? it'd wipe out the deficit."

Well, that's happened now. Congratulations. You are now part of the smiling, happy, productive stream of shiny consumers. Perhaps the tax will help to clean up some of the negative externalities consequent of the legalisation of cannabis.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Mar 17, 10:27 pm

Dazzler wrote:I'm afraid 'Consume but don't try producing' is the way everything is going now.

Personal grows are allowed in Colorado, (soon Oregon) and Alaska. Although locally they are trying to put as many hurdles in the way as possible. If outdoors they want them fenced and locked gate, out of sight from the public eye, no detectable smell to neighbors or passers by, etc. Miss any of those rules and the law will gladly come and confiscate your grow.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Mar 17, 10:33 pm

I imagine 'public eye' is very permissively defined. I'll bet if it could be seen from an aircraft passing 100 metres above your back yard going very slowly, that would be counted as being in the public eye.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Mar 17, 10:45 pm

Dazzler wrote:I imagine 'public eye' is very permissively defined. I'll bet if it could be seen from an aircraft passing 100 metres above your back yard going very slowly, that would be counted as being in the public eye.

Shhhh. Don't give them any ideas!

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Mar 17, 11:12 pm

The Willamette week article clearly states: half acre of 3000 plants will yield one ton.

And I got 2 acres. How much do you want me to sell you a pound or 10 pounds for? What is a comfortable wage for a pot farmer? Do the math.

My question to u legal state residents is this: do you think all those state agencies and red tape and bureaucracies u are creating are any more honorable and just than the black market?

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Mar 17, 11:25 pm

Mhd is already back peddling

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Mar 18, 12:01 am

Ten pound outdoor plants, wonder what the cost per ounce is

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Mar 18, 12:09 am

Its a wonder the jamacians ever grew any product

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Wed Mar 18, 1:47 am

moe. wrote:
Dazzler wrote:I'm afraid 'Consume but don't try producing' is the way everything is going now.

Personal grows are allowed in Colorado, (soon Oregon) and Alaska. Although locally they are trying to put as many hurdles in the way as possible. If outdoors they want them fenced and locked gate, out of sight from the public eye, no detectable smell to neighbors or passers by, etc. Miss any of those rules and the law will gladly come and confiscate your grow.

Aroma? How does one deal with a flowering outdoor plant and not have everyone else smelling it?

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed Mar 18, 2:24 am

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
moe. wrote:

Aroma? How does one deal with a flowering outdoor plant and not have everyone else smelling it?

lol, put a cage of skunks out back and chuck some stones at them occasionally .

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Wed Mar 18, 5:25 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
moe. wrote:

You know how law enforcement thinks; that is the grower's problem, not theirs. Ideally, you would have to have a big enough lot that you could grow it far enough away from your closest neighbor that the smell wouldn't travel that far. In a city like Medford or Ashland that can be very hard to do. Sometimes you get lucky and have neighbors that don't mind or grow it themselves. Fortunately where I live everyone has at least an acre so the hardest part is finding a spot where it can't be seen. Some people build very tall fences and you can assume that they are growing. You can go to Google Earth and see all the yards with 6 big green circles and make the assumption that they are cannabis plants. Williams, OR is a great place to start.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Mar 18, 5:49 pm

Where I live the town reeks of grapes and weed from late August until November.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Mar 18, 6:20 pm

Sounds like a cool place to live. A friend of mine visited San Francisco recently to see some friends who work for Google, and hired a Tesla Model S to drive through the Napa Valley

http://www.teslamotors.com/models

He had a brilliant time.

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hobie » Wed Mar 18, 6:33 pm

Generous_J wrote:I'd love to go to a medical marijuana place with a card holder.

u cant go in with me , but u can wait outside in the car

http://www.slatercenter.com/

Return to “Coffeeshop board”