weed prices

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

weed prices

Postby modern roots » Sun Mar 15, 6:53 pm

$250 an ounce? Shit. Who the fuck do you think you are kidding? I hope nobody is paying 250 for an ounce. If you are paying 250 an ounce or more for weed you are essentially getting robbed.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Mar 15, 7:52 pm

know a guy who spent the harvest season in Ncali trimming buds
he's says, they disregarded stuff that was 250oz back here
supply and demand sets the price . so, don't blow your horn to loud

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Mar 15, 11:02 pm

You must be a goddam idiot. I would definitely disregard prices like that. Those prices r fool prices and you are getting robbed at that price.

patrick

Postby patrick » Sun Mar 15, 11:03 pm

How much do you pay modern roots

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Mar 15, 11:08 pm

Depends on the amount. Small shit like this: $4 a gram up to a quarter pound. The price break comes at a quarter pound. Price really drops at the pound price.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Mar 15, 11:59 pm

you want to play manuel noriega, i'm OK with that .
me, i'd rather pay a few bucks more for an oz and not have to deal with
explaining the volume thing, should the man decide it's chat time, cool?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Mar 16, 12:48 am

I got rid of my last dealer because he got too greedy. U understand what I am getting across here? Nothing but greed behind those prices for weed. Those prices r robbery. Sad day when weed goes by the way of greed. I can sell u ounces all day long for a hundred dollars less and still make enough money to fill up the gas tank. Just in one transaction and that is good money just for selling one ounce. U start selling a couple of ounces a day at that price and pretty soon you r making more money in a day than a working man or woman. Keep greed out of the dope business. I can sell 150 ounces all day long and make good money. I don't need a storefront and I don't need the taxes. Fuck all this corporate control and taxation.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Mon Mar 16, 1:11 am

£160 an ounce here in Preston, and that's if you buy a full ounce!

I bet it's way over £200 an ounce when it's broke down into 'twenny bags'

Peace, Des.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Mon Mar 16, 9:56 am

it's all the little tossers who wanted to be dealers selling tiny ten bags of drugs that have ruined the job. that and the police encouraging the cunts because they are an easy touch for a telephone full of names.
the tenner bag boys will pay 220 for an oz and sell light grams for a tenner each to get 300 back. many of them can do that five or six times a day.

cunts with a bit of sense are looking after themselves and remain unaffected by the bollocks but you try buying a decent bit of imported hash a Lancashire, that trade has died and it's local green that's killed it.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Mar 16, 11:02 am

I used to love the imported hash that we got in the UK right up to the end of the 90s. Squidgy black, gold and red seal, Moroccan and Afghan pollens.

It was hydro weed that stopped me smoking. I just don't like it. I'd still go for a bit of hash now (I occasionally do in Amsterdam but it's been 5 years now).

So yeah. Bring back the black.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon Mar 16, 1:35 pm

modern roots wrote:I got rid of my last dealer because he got too greedy. U understand what I am getting across here? Nothing but greed behind those prices for weed. Those prices r robbery. Sad day when weed goes by the way of greed.

Funny, coming from the fellow who's confessed to stealing bikes for transportation.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Mar 16, 2:25 pm

You can buy OZ's of poorly grown, immature, un-flushed weed here for 99 dollars all day long. If you want properly grown, flushed, cured weed that started with great genetics it will cost you 200 plus every time. Top quality cannot be grown in a warehouse. The good shit is done in small batches and the price reflects that. It really can be compared to wine or whiskey in that regard.

You come off sounding like a know it all that knows nothing.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Mar 16, 3:13 pm

MHD: the state of colorado is bullshitting itself and everyone else by saying the average market price of a pound of weed is $1876. And then adding an excise tax of 15% to that pound and then charging another 2.9% and 10% and then local taxes to the sale of weed to the end user. What a fucking joke. The whole setup. A grower can produce pounds, even tons of dope and have no more than $25 in each pound. And then the state of colorado is going to collect, on average, over $250 of excise taxes on that pound of dope. The excise tax is more than a grower actually has in a pound of weed. That's fucking ridiculous. U understand what the deal is here. Colorado hurt weed prices. And it is greed driving the prices.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Mar 16, 3:26 pm

A pound of weed takes a good clipper about 8 hours to trim and manicure properly. At 15 dollars an hour that is 120 dollars just to get it clipped. That is one day in the life of a pound. So I am not sure where your 25 comes from?

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Mon Mar 16, 4:37 pm

in NYC a nice oz of exotic (not mexican pressed weed) can easly cost $600.

Colorado prices are quit remarkable. It is all perspective, I suppose.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Mar 16, 5:11 pm

Dazzler wrote:I used to love the imported hash that we got in the UK right up to the end of the 90s. Squidgy black, gold and red seal, Moroccan and Afghan pollens.

It was hydro weed that stopped me smoking. I just don't like it. I'd still go for a bit of hash now (I occasionally do in Amsterdam but it's been 5 years now).

Yeah... i desperately want it back. So much of the weed now is fucked. High THC, low CBD. Ive layed off the week for a while now as it was making me cooky. I just want a nice mellow stone or head buzz... not lose my fucking mind.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon Mar 16, 5:28 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:A pound of weed takes a good clipper about 8 hours to trim and manicure properly. At 15 dollars an hour that is 120 dollars just to get it clipped. That is one day in the life of a pound. So I am not sure where your 25 comes from?

Just trying to figure the math... so trim/manicure adds approx $7.50USD to an ounce. Per plant, let's call it $4.00USD per producing bean, $4.00 for soil & nutrients, $5.00 for electricity (assuming indoor grow), $3.00 overhead for equipment, $3.00 for rent/mortgage, and $1.00 for miscellaneous. Assume each plant produces a pound of weed. So taking the cost of $20.00 per plant from above, that comes to $1.25 per ounce. Add that to the $7.50 it costs to trim/manicure and I come up with an approximate production cost of $8.75USD per ounce?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Mar 16, 6:23 pm

Generous_J wrote:
Dazzler wrote:I used to love the imported hash that we got in the UK right up to the end of the 90s. Squidgy black, gold and red seal, Moroccan and Afghan pollens.

Yeah... i desperately want it back. So much of the weed now is fucked. High THC, low CBD. Ive layed off the week for a while now as it was making me cooky. I just want a nice mellow stone or head buzz... not lose my fucking mind.

That's where this ridiculous focus on THC to the exclusion of all other active ingredients has led us. Everyone seems to be doing it, from government departments to 15-year-olds who've just smoked for the first time and are now experts. Even on here sometimes, from people who should know better.

The level of drugs education in Britain, most of Europe and the US is shocking.

I sometimes think it'd be a good thing if the amount of THC were regulated. It might encourage producers to bring their weed and hash back into balance.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Mon Mar 16, 7:11 pm

lol

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Mon Mar 16, 7:25 pm

I remeber getting QP's of mexican brick weed for 150$ back in 1999
prices in 2000's ranged from 70$ a quarter pound up to 250 a Quarter pound...

I also used to get dispensary "damaged" weed (the shit dispenaries pass on) from cali for 1100 a QP.....

its all about supply and demand...

besides if you only buying an ounce you have no room to bitch...

beggara can't be choosers.....

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Mon Mar 16, 11:23 pm

Dazzler wrote:
I sometimes think it'd be a good thing if the amount of THC were regulated.

No point saying that on a stoner forum, that's like telling Gazza to drink Kaliber...

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Mar 16, 11:29 pm

Plants grown indoors range from 15 grams to maybe 150 grams average. Some growers choose to flower clones for a faster turn over and less chance of things going wrong. Plants have to be kept in vegetive mode for much longer to get more weight at harvest. So it's a trade off. Rarely do you see 1 pound plants indoors. I have been in many large grows and most go for 2 to 4 OZ's of finished product per plant. There is a lot more to growing the good stuff then planting a seed, watering feeding and harvesting. Like all gardens, there are a lot of things that can go wrong along the way, and there is no crop insurance for cannabis.

Dazzler, THC is regulated and clearly marked on the package if you buy at a legal center here. The industry is maturing a little and many find the strong stuff to strong just like you. The high CBD strains are in vogue at the moment and cause a more drowsy effect and not the super high paranoid effect. So it is coming along nicely. You could always smoke less too. Try one toke instead of 6 and you should be able to regulate yourself.

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Mon Mar 16, 11:44 pm

Sometimes super high paranoid is fun...helps you overcome your deepest fears...then add alcohol to the mix lol

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Mar 17, 12:02 am

I've got 2 acres of land. Grow outdoors. Grown outdoors I can harvest more pounds than u can imagine and have a lot less than $25 in a pound. Do the math. 2 acres of weed will make u rich. LOL. Can u imagine how much weed you'd get from just 2 acres? Don't bullshit yourself about the price and cost of just one pound.
I'd rather smoke outdoor grown weed and the weed I smoke is grown outdoors and it's all nuggets. Every now and then I find a seed and those seeds grow too.
A pound here is $1200 or $75 when broken down by the ounce. So just on a pound price I can sell ounces for $150 and double my money. And it is all cash.

Is doubling my money greedy? I could sell off ounces at $100 on pound price and make $400.

$25 profit on an ounce is enough, no?

And I think the same thing goes for legal states. Stop robbing people.

In a legal state $50 an ounce is a sufficient selling price. And that price should include taxes.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Tue Mar 17, 12:07 am

Mokum Dream wrote:Sometimes super high paranoid is fun...helps you overcome your deepest fears...then add alcohol to the mix lol

an then comes the whitey

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Tue Mar 17, 12:09 am

nemesystem wrote:an then comes the whitey

Only had a couple of those and it usually involved vodka and hashish...But it's brilliant when the room starts spinning ain't it?

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Tue Mar 17, 12:12 am

modern roots wrote:I've got 2 acres of land. Grow outdoors. Grown outdoors I can harvest more pounds than u can imagine and have a lot less than $25 in a pound. Do the math. 2 acres of weed will make u rich. LOL. Can u imagine how much weed you'd get from just 2 acres? Don't bullshit yourself about the price and cost of just one pound.
I'd rather smoke outdoor grown weed and the weed I smoke is grown outdoors and it's all nuggets. Every now and then I find a seed and those seeds grow too.
A pound here is $1200 or $75 when broken down by the ounce. So just on a pound price I can sell ounces for $150 and double my money. And it is all cash.

Is doubling my money greedy? I could sell off ounces at $100 on pound price and make $400.

$25 profit on an ounce is enough, no?

And I think the same thing goes for legal states. Stop robbing people.

In a legal state $50 an ounce is a sufficient selling price. And that price should include taxes.

If you want mexi weed that is grown outdoors that can be had for less than 50$ an oz....

I think you're missing the quality over quantity aspect of it....

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Mar 17, 12:33 am

modern roots wrote:In a legal state $50 an ounce is a sufficient selling price. And that price should include taxes.

In 1973 maybe. I dont mean to sound rude, but you don't live in this world.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Mar 17, 1:09 am

I've been smoking weed for over 20 years and the price hasn't changed in regards to quarters and ounces. The first quarter I bought was $30 in 1994 and I can still get a quarter at that price.

I've been to the Netherlands twice and I smoked their weed. I smoked medical marijuana in Missoula and Kalispell Montana several years ago. I've smoked weed in Vermont and Virginia and Georgia. The weed I smoke right now is every bit as good as Netherlands weed and medical or any other weed.
U need to get real and wake up. Some of the people on this website are getting flat out robbed when they buy weed. It is what it is.

Legal weed should be cheaper than black market weed

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Mar 17, 1:40 am

So after paying licencing fees, insurance, staff, utilities, implementation of mandatory regulations, a storefront, equipment, supplies, marketing, etc. etc. etc. you think an oz. of top shelf weed should be $50.

Name one place besides Bizzaro World you can score an oz. of high quility weed for $50.

How many people have the room or desire to grow their own weed? Shezz could make bathtub gin and get just as drunk but he doesn't , Chig could grow his own tobacco but he doesn't, I could grow my own weed but I don't.

Return to “Coffeeshop board”