weed prices

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Re: weed prices

Postby modern roots » Sun Oct 04, 4:28 pm

Generous_J wrote:Also, if you got to Amsterdam and get a gram for €10... you are not getting massively better value.

€10 X 7 = €70. quarter oz.

When I went to Amsterdam those two times I went to 8 different coffeeshops. The most I paid for weed there was €40 for 5 grams. And that was from Barney's. It was pretty good smoke although I wouldn't choose it over the $30 quarter bags here.

And you're getting ripped on that hash. And on the weed too. I'd lay off smoking for a while before I paid those prices.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sun Oct 04, 7:57 pm

modern roots wrote:
Generous_J wrote:Also, if you got to Amsterdam and get a gram for €10... you are not getting massively better value.

When I went to Amsterdam those two times I went to 8 different coffeeshops. The most I paid for weed there was €40 for 5 grams. And that was from Barney's. It was pretty good smoke although I wouldn't choose it over the $30 quarter bags here.

Must've been near on a decade ago that you bought weed from Barney's for that price.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Barneys/ ... ricity.jpg
A menu from April of 2006

I'm curious modern roots was this before you began you're tramping, or did your dad to all the hoofing for those trips too? Also, these daze do you consider yourself a tramp, hobo, or a bum, or do you know the differences?

Personally, whenever in Amsterdam i concentrate on the hashishes from all over the world. Something, that still can't be had here, even where it's legal!

modern roots wrote:And you're getting ripped on that hash. And on the weed too. I'd lay off smoking for a while before I paid those prices.

We're getting ripped on the hash and weed, because we're buying the high end stuff! You should try it sometime, toke less to get much higher.

I imagine you do without often, unless someone's dishing some charity your way, eh?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Oct 04, 8:23 pm

I went in 2002 and 2008. You sound like that guy pushing $50 quarters. I'll tell you the same thing we told him. Why are we going to pay more when there is no difference in the potency of the weed? I'll wait and see how long it takes you to reasonably respond to that question. You're just pissing your money away on high greedy prices when there's no difference in potency and buzz. True enough it's your money to piss away though.

Surely you still don't hold a grudge against me for living on a strict budget. You had a hissy fit when I told you I budget in $200 a month for groceries. It is what it is. Some people live within a budget, others don't.

Another place I got decent weed was the rokerij and I've heard the rokerij I went to in 2008 is now closed.

And true that. There is no hash to be had here although it doesn't matter because I don't like hash and wouldn't pay those prices for it. It's your money to piss away.

And remember your hissy fit about electricity? I just paid my electric bill Friday. It was $50.90 for a 31 day billing period. What was yours? I'll even get the bill out and tell you my kilowatt hours.

None of this changes the fact you're getting ripped off by greedy dealers.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sun Oct 04, 9:09 pm

modern roots wrote:I went in 2002 and 2008. You sound like that guy pushing $50 quarters. I'll tell you the same thing we told him. Why are we going to pay more when there is no difference in the potency of the weed? I'll wait and see how long it takes you to reasonably respond to that question.

Zillions of strains out their mr, let alone zillions of growers and growing experiences, all of which produce zillions of potency levels amongst the weeds of the world, even the hashish, so yeah different prices are bound to exist. Good on you, you can purchase it cheap, but not so good you wish to cheapen the experience of others that pay more.

modern roots wrote:Surely you still don't hold a grudge against me for living on a strict budget. You had a hissy fit when I told you I budget in $200 a month for groceries. It is what it is. Some people live within a budget, others don't.

Not at all mr, you're showing you can live within a budget, that's very, very good. However, i'd be interested in knowing when you'd be earning the money to back that budget? And until that day, which do you consider yourself, a tramp, hobo, or a bum? Just a question mr, no malice behind it whatsoever. I'd like to understand which philosophy you follow?

modern roots wrote:Another place I got decent weed was the rokerij and I've heard the rokerij I went to in 2008 is now closed.

They were nice shops and were amongst my favorites. I still have a hat and an umbrella with their logo on them, which were given to me as a judge at the '99 cannabis cup. Had four shops, when they were closed down, because one of the partners was caught dealing in hard drugs.

modern roots wrote:And remember your hissy fit about electricity? I just paid my electric bill Friday. It was $50.90 for a 31 day billing period. What was yours? I'll even get the bill out and tell you my kilowatt hours.

Mine is triple the cost of yours, but i squeeze the juice out of every kilowatt of mine!

modern roots wrote:None of this changes the fact you're getting ripped off by greedy dealers.

Not me mr, that's why i burn a little more electric than you=)

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Oct 04, 10:01 pm

I'm not sure what you're getting at when you ask me what philosophy I subscribe to. I had three philosophy courses in college, introduction to philosophy and history of philosophy 1 and history of philosophy 2. So I studied most of the notable philosophers from Plato to Nietzsche. Most of them were too verbose and long winded. It's possible to state your beliefs without writing a 2,000 page tome. I got tired of reading them myself. When I want anything philosophical nowadays I just read the holy Bible. I've got two versions, the king James version and a new international version. The NIV leaves out all the words like ye and thee. Most of the old English words you know.
I don't consider myself to be any of those words you used. Whenever I look in the mirror all I see is a human.
Hey, I earned mine. What did you do for yours? Did you suck the dicks of the 1/10th of the 1% for yours?

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Sun Oct 04, 10:20 pm

modern roots wrote: I just read the holy Bible.

As far as your stated proclivity for thievery have you repented or reformed? BTW you read like a redneck BOhannon.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sun Oct 04, 11:34 pm

modern roots wrote:

And you're getting ripped on that hash. And on the weed too. I'd lay off smoking for a while before I paid those prices.

I dont know how to spell this out for you any clearer. It is more expensive here. There is 4 million people in this country. It needs to be grown or imported and both is a lot of hassle given the size and scale of the market. If you buy in bulk, you will spend less.

Save your smug dick attitude.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Mon Oct 05, 12:02 am

Generous_J wrote:Yeah it would be good but that is v. expensive obviously.

Thats $112.

my bad . i thought you were pounds, not euros .

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Oct 05, 1:14 am

Generous_J wrote:
modern roots wrote:

I dont know how to spell this out for you any clearer. It is more expensive here. There is 4 million people in this country. It needs to be grown or imported and both is a lot of hassle given the size and scale of the market. If you buy in bulk, you will spend less.

Save your smug dick attitude.

Bulk is definitely cheaper. A quarter pound goes for $290 here now. A person can sell $30 quarter bags and make $190 on every quarter pound. Another break in price comes at the pound threshold. Just by flipping four quarter pounds a person can make $760. Imagine how much you'd make buying a pound and selling it off in quarter ounce bags.

So far as hash is concerned. I didn't get any hash when I went to Amsterdam. I don't like hash. I wouldn't buy and smoke hash even if I had the opportunity to. I've had hash and found it to be a ridiculous waste of money. Like I stated. It's your money to piss away. I don't care if you roll a blunt with your overpriced weed and fuck Monica Lewinsky with it.

All I'm saying is I'm not going to support your dealer's extravagant lifestyle by paying 4 or 5 prices for weed.

You're all the same. You're like a skipping record. You all say it's "top shelf" to make up for the prices you pay while your dealer laughs all the way to the proverbial bank.

I'd like to meet up with some on here just so we could compare weed.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Mon Oct 05, 2:27 am

i hit a bowl to catch a cruze, not to become dysfunctional, therefore, quality mid grade blows my skirt up, price makes more sense too . most of the considered 'kind' in my circles, lacks in being that much better vs. price

hey root . katsu's over in amsty sold a sticky hash on cellophane, that would rock your world

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Oct 05, 6:16 am

I know how long a $20 gram will last me and I know how long a $30 quarter will last me. That's why I'm buying the $30 quarter instead of the $20 gram. That's why I'm saying it's your money to piss away dog.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Oct 06, 1:13 am

modern roots wrote:I know how long a $20 gram will last me and I know how long a $30 quarter will last me. That's why I'm buying the $30 quarter instead of the $20 gram. That's why I'm saying it's your money to piss away dog.

Nice to have an expert among us. Especially a God fearing one.
Last edited by MileHighDenver on Thu Oct 08, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Oct 07, 11:30 pm

I'm just now lighting up my third different weed of the day. Not bad for a state that's illegal. Good selection here. And great friend prices.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Oct 08, 12:03 am

modern roots wrote: Good selection here.

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/cannabicare

Hit the link then the menu button.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Oct 08, 12:23 am

OMG! Strawberry cough is what I'm smoking right now. Same name. Great price.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Oct 08, 10:50 am

modern roots wrote:I'm just now lighting up my third different weed of the day. Not bad for a state that's illegal. Good selection here. And great friend prices.

modern roots wrote:OMG! Strawberry cough is what I'm smoking right now. Same name. Great price.

Get over yourself.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Oct 08, 1:27 pm

FACE

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Oct 15, 2:48 am

Just splurged on some $20 gram weed. It snuck up on me and smacked me in the back of the fucking head. Still too much money for weed. Although good to splurge occasionally.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Thu Oct 22, 7:32 pm

I pay 90$ for a 7grams or 170 for 14, but always an extra gram plus is included. In an illegal state, I don't want to travel to a area where there is gun fire almost daily.vthat is my choice. The vendor us awesome.if u tell him the weed sucked he gives a new one. Only happened one time. Hash I am considering now 30$ a gram what he calls blond budder wax. In dam I got last year a good hash from central 5.5e a gram, excellent hash but its unattainable for me now. You're paying for the vendors risk factor and comparative high against beer whiskey, weed is still cheaper for me than alcohol.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Oct 22, 9:49 pm

Philter wrote:I pay 90$ for a 7grams or 170 for 14, but always an extra gram plus is included. In an illegal state, I don't want to travel to a area where there is gun fire almost daily.vthat is my choice. The vendor us awesome.if u tell him the weed sucked he gives a new one. Only happened one time. Hash I am considering now 30$ a gram what he calls blond budder wax. In dam I got last year a good hash from central 5.5e a gram, excellent hash but its unattainable for me now. You're paying for the vendors risk factor and comparative high against beer whiskey, weed is still cheaper for me than alcohol.

$90 is a pretty good price. The $20 a gram weed goes for $120 a quarter here. How does it compare to the $30 quarter bag? The hash price seems ungodly high.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Oct 22, 11:46 pm

modern roots wrote:$90 is a pretty good price.

We used to catch hell from you if we were stupid enough to pay $200 for an ounce of the best weed on the planet...what changed Jethro?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Oct 23, 12:51 am

Old Fart wrote:
modern roots wrote:$90 is a pretty good price.

We used to catch hell from you if we were stupid enough to pay $200 for an ounce of the best weed on the planet...what changed Jethro?

I splurge occasionally. Notice I did say its still too much and doesn't last as long as the $30 quarter. I tried it some. Got 4 grams. Great smoke. Although I'm back to the $30 quarter that I'm about to spark now.

Happy chiefing OF.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Fri Oct 23, 3:02 am

Note to Philter and modern roots....you both.need.to.fuck.off

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Fri Oct 23, 3:04 am

There is a forum called ACD that both of you two morons need to join so as to have your adolescent views and questions addressed.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Oct 23, 5:24 am

[quote="boneymaroni"]Note to Philter and modern roots....you both.need.to.fuck.off[/quote]

Take. your. own. advice. cocksucker.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Oct 23, 5:26 am

boneymaroni wrote:There is a forum called ACD that both of you two morons need to join so as to have your adolescent views and questions addressed.

Take. Your. Own. Advice. Cocksucker.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Oct 23, 5:32 am

And boney:
You could breath a lot easier if you take those two pencil dicks out of your nostrils. Mouthbreather.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Fri Oct 23, 11:05 am

boneymaroni wrote:There is a forum called ACD that both of you two morons need to join so as to have your adolescent views and questions addressed.

Nice one.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Oct 24, 1:14 am

Generous_J wrote:

Nice one.

The two of you need to sit down and enjoy a nice fat joint and quit sniffing my jock strap.

Happy chiefing to the two of you.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sat Oct 24, 9:34 pm

modern roots wrote:The two of you need to sit down and enjoy a nice fat joint and quit sniffing my jock strap.

You are an athlete?

Return to “Coffeeshop board”