the nail in the coffin

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

the nail in the coffin

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Feb 24, 4:09 pm

As of March 1st ALL grow shops and seed shops will lose their licenses and be closed.

ANYONE helping another grow MJ in the Netherlands will be subjected to prosecution.

looks like the coffeeshops will be squeezed out, as they are closing down ALL supply lines.

……is this the end?

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue Feb 24, 4:21 pm

Amazing.

The "tolerant" Netherlands, after over 30 years of allowing cannabis consumption is planning on shutting it all down?

While at the same time, the big bad USA moves ever closer to legalization?

We live in strange times indeed.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Tue Feb 24, 4:22 pm

we fucking do.

where did this news come from wc?

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Feb 24, 4:26 pm

chigusa wrote:we fucking do.

where did this news come from wc?

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2 ... e-a-crime/

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: the nail in the coffin

Postby Rudy » Tue Feb 24, 4:36 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:As of March 1st ALL grow shops and seed shops will lose their licenses and be closed.

ANYONE helping another grow MJ in the Netherlands will be subjected to prosecution.

looks like the coffeeshops will be squeezed out, as they are closing down ALL supply lines.

……is this the end?

This is only the beginning.

Remember the $$$.

Cannabis is relatively easy to cultivate, and could just spring up anywhere if not for the prohibitive actions of law enforcement.

You could only charge $400 an ounce for something that everyone wants, but cannot get easily.

Its a good thing they haven't thought of choking off public water supplies for privatization...

http://www.debeers.com/the-de-beers-difference/story/

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Tue Feb 24, 4:43 pm

I read this bit of news the other night. Can't say I'm surprised, it's been the intention for some years now and looks like the point of no return . I've never traveled over to Netherlands solely for smoking drugs but I'm inclined to make pending trip my last . Quality of product is sub standard, prices are obscene and clearly the gangsters are running the whole show these days . Bollocks to them .

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Feb 24, 7:40 pm

Bye then, Amsterdam. I'll meet friends in a town with better weather, food and attitudes in future. Lisbon's nice.

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Tue Feb 24, 7:41 pm

Dazzler wrote:Bye then, Amsterdam. I'll meet friends in a town with better weather, food and attitudes in future. Lisbon's nice.

As if Holland ever wanted a cunt like you...

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Feb 24, 7:51 pm

What a shame. I admit to being a weed tourist, but I would never have returned after the first trip if it wasn't for Amsterdam being such a beautiful and comfortable place. Spain for sure for the next trip... it's time for something new.

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Tue Feb 24, 7:53 pm

Old Fart wrote:What a shame. I admit to being a weed tourist, but I would never have returned after the first trip if it wasn't for Amsterdam being such a beautiful and comfortable place. Spain for sure for the next trip... it's time for something new.

Holland won't miss you either you miserable old cunt!

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Feb 24, 7:57 pm

Mokum Dream wrote:
Old Fart wrote:What a shame. I admit to being a weed tourist, but I would never have returned after the first trip if it wasn't for Amsterdam being such a beautiful and comfortable place. Spain for sure for the next trip... it's time for something new.

This seems to be a particularly difficult bender for you Jezz. What's happened to cause you to go over he edge this time?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Feb 24, 7:57 pm

Mokum Dream wrote:

Neither OF nor I have ever been deported from Holland for being a dirty, larcenous tramp though.

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Tue Feb 24, 7:58 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Mokum Dream wrote:

Neither OF nor I have ever been deported from Holland for being a dirty, larcenous tramp though.

Nor have I, but I'm 10 grand better off haha

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Tue Feb 24, 8:18 pm

The Rabobank meid who gave me the credit card and overdraft was fit as fuck though...

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Tue Feb 24, 8:20 pm

The Turkish bastard from ABN Amro who asked me for the money back not so much...

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Tue Feb 24, 8:24 pm

And the moral of today's tawdry episode ......don't do Brandy on an empty stomach .

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Tue Feb 24, 9:00 pm

The news made us sad, though it was not surprising.

So, it's only a matter of time before the coffee shops will be banned.

That leaves Colorado.... where an out-of-stater can buy weed, seeds and all types of edibles, (but no place to legally smoke it!)

Red and I are thinking of traveling to AMS and Denver later this year. The AMS trip will likely be a "farewell" trip... possibly the last time to openly smoke a dubie quasi legally.

Denver, now the center of the cannabis universe and source of most of the US cannabis energy, will enable us to try the latest and greatest strains currently prohibited in our Puritan infected state of Vermont.

We'll miss the inherent charm of AMS when the coffee shops are eventually banned. The thought of visiting AMS without readily available local weed is beyond human comprehension.

Odd... going full circle.... that Dutch tolerance, then reverting to US style take-no-prisoners prohibition.

Sad. Truly sad.

Dogbreath

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Tue Feb 24, 9:46 pm

Fuck the bastards...truly!

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Feb 24, 9:47 pm

yeah really sad.

could feel it changing over the last handful of years, but did not want to fully acknowledge it. I am a weed tourist, but only because Amsterdam is/was such a fantastic city that I kept returning and returning and returning for the city - the weed and culture were a bonus.

funny how this is the first year in 20 years that i have no trip booked or fantasized…. Feels like losing an old friend.

DB - Vermont sounds like you are moving towards legalization - at least better than NY.

…everything changes………...

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Tue Feb 24, 9:50 pm

Sorry WC, Amsterdam isn't what it was

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Tue Feb 24, 9:55 pm

You can legally buy weed seeds in Ireland ffs.

Jessica
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Jessica » Tue Feb 24, 10:02 pm

Old Fart wrote:...Jezz. .

This again??

Why don't you fuck off, you dilapidated old cunt.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Feb 24, 10:48 pm

Jessica wrote:
Old Fart wrote:...Jezz. .

This again??

Why don't you fuck off, you dilapidated old cunt.

When I get reactions like this? Never Jezz.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Feb 24, 10:57 pm

Too bad Nol was induced to fuck off from Channels; we might get some facts.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Feb 24, 11:06 pm

Dogbreath wrote:(but no place to legally smoke it!)

I don't know why people say this it's just not accurate. There are cannabis clubs, hotels that cater to pot smokers and any hotel with a balcony is open for smoking. As noted in another thread the smell of weed not uncommon in Denver. The Springs has three cannabis clubs operating with the blessings of local government. There are weed tours and plenty of beautiful private places across the state to stop and enjoy with little or no chance of being harassed by local authorities.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed Feb 25, 12:42 am

alaska officially enacted legality today .
http://www.adn.com/article/20150220/leg ... -questions

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Wed Feb 25, 3:11 am

OK, I have been aware of this new law for several months. I was in one of my old grow stores just a month ago and we had a long discussion about this. As far as I know and believe, none are losing any license and no grow stores are closing. The article is just not correct. They are going backward for sure and if they can be proved to knowing supplying specific grow equipment to "outlaw" growers of cannabis then they can be held liable along with the grower. 10 years ago in Colorado, we were not allowed to say the word marijuana in any grow store nor discuss cultivation techniques etc. Once they got to know you and knew you were not a threat, all those rules went out the window. With acceptance of medical cannabis that all changed here about 5 years ago. So Holland has gone backward a step, but in some area's they do tolerate small grows with grow equipment. In fact, just today, AT5 interviewed Jackie and a friend of hers that have medical grows indoors. It will air tomorrow or the next day. It also address's this ridiculous new rule.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Wed Feb 25, 3:22 am

Also, a very large percentage of the weed sold in the coffeeshops comes from out of the country. This rule will not affect that supply.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Wed Feb 25, 4:54 am

Thanks MHD for a dose of reality! Would love to see the interview with Jackie could you put up a link when it airs?

Hope to see you sometime this year. : >

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Wed Feb 25, 7:51 am

Fuck off dim!

Return to “Coffeeshop board”