Check out these pipes

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

jerkypete49
mega power poster
mega power poster

Check out these pipes

Postby jerkypete49 » Tue Dec 24, 1:14 am

I found about these pipes from a different website. They are beautiful. Really cool. They have a deal when you buy two at one time.

Whaddya think?

http://celebrationpipes.com/

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Dec 24, 2:35 am

I bought one of those a few years ago as a gift. It's a beautiful piece, none of them are the same. And reports back from the owner are very good. I'd still rather have a Journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyEEpVS ... ata_player

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hammer » Tue Dec 24, 3:21 am

I love my journey. I have smoked it continuously for 8 months or so, and have burned or rubbed off the finish inside from cleaning. It's worth the effort to keep it clean because it tastes better, and keeps it hitting nicely. I hate screens after so many years of burning, cleaning, replacing gunky funky clogged up screens. No more. I like the way it snaps together and slides open the way you want it, left or right, is air tight so doesn't let out odors or material, easy to just pop into any pocket. Get one. No more hunting for decent sturdy screens or burning up cheap thin ones and ruining your lungs.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Dec 24, 4:35 am

Hammer wrote:I love my journey. I have smoked it continuously for 8 months or so, and have burned or rubbed off the finish inside from cleaning. It's worth the effort to keep it clean because it tastes better, and keeps it hitting nicely. I hate screens after so many years of burning, cleaning, replacing gunky funky clogged up screens. No more. I like the way it snaps together and slides open the way you want it, left or right, is air tight so doesn't let out odors or material, easy to just pop into any pocket. Get one. No more hunting for decent sturdy screens or burning up cheap thin ones and ruining your lungs.

if you bought your pipe directly from the company they will replace it. I have had 3 replacements thus far. i absolutely agree, best pipe ever! genius design. like you, i love everything about it. my timing has been about the same as yours, though…8 months before coating degrades

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Dec 24, 3:17 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
Hammer wrote:I love my journey. I have smoked it continuously for 8 months or so, and have burned or rubbed off the finish inside from cleaning. It's worth the effort to keep it clean because it tastes better, and keeps it hitting nicely. I hate screens after so many years of burning, cleaning, replacing gunky funky clogged up screens. No more. I like the way it snaps together and slides open the way you want it, left or right, is air tight so doesn't let out odors or material, easy to just pop into any pocket. Get one. No more hunting for decent sturdy screens or burning up cheap thin ones and ruining your lungs.

if you bought your pipe directly from the company they will replace it. I have had 3 replacements thus far. i absolutely agree, best pipe ever! genius design. like you, i love everything about it. my timing has been about the same as yours, though…8 months before coating degrades

What if someone didn't buy it directly from the company and bought retail at some store, does this guarantee still apply? Would seem to me a major flaw, if the journey is only good for eight months, before the finish begins to degrade. Does it happen to all the finishes, or just a particular one?

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Dec 24, 3:39 pm

alpha wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote:

What if someone didn't buy it directly from the company and bought retail at some store, does this guarantee still apply? Would seem to me a major flaw, if the journey is only good for eight months, before the finish begins to degrade. Does it happen to all the finishes, or just a particular one?

they give a $20 or $25 dollar coupon against a new one if bought thru another source (then once bought from them - they will stand behind it) It does seem to affect all finishes. Still, for a really good clean smoke and no screens - it can't be beat - even if it does not last forever. (or even a year!)

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Tue Dec 24, 3:45 pm

Damn those pipes are small. I'd have to squint even harder when lighting. Then I'd be singing, "I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so."

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Dec 24, 3:52 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
alpha wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote:

they give a $20 or $25 dollar coupon against a new one if bought thru another source (then once bought from them - they will stand behind it) It does seem to affect all finishes. Still, for a really good clean smoke and no screens - it can't be beat - even if it does not last forever. (or even a year!)

I prefer glass, it too can be cleaned and thru bubblers can be keep the smoke cool and cleaner than through a pipe alone. And unlike your journey pipe their impermanence is controlled completely by the handler. Gravity can finish their permanence=)

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Dec 24, 3:55 pm

seouleast wrote:Damn those pipes are small. I'd have to squint even harder when lighting. Then I'd be singing, "I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so."

not that small - they have a nice big bowl!

al - impermanence is just one of those sticky realities no matter how ya twist it. : .

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Dec 24, 4:21 pm

I have had my original model Journey for years now. There are differences, Mine has had no finish issues. I use it exclusively for hash.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Dec 24, 5:14 pm

Bohannon wrote:I have had my original model Journey for years now. There are differences, Mine has had no finish issues. I use it exclusively for hash.

but do you use it exclusively? Mine is used daily : > for everything!

(I started with the original journey pipe too)

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Dec 24, 5:25 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
Bohannon wrote:I have had my original model Journey for years now. There are differences, Mine has had no finish issues. I use it exclusively for hash.

but do you use it exclusively? Mine is used daily : > for everything!

(I started with the original journey pipe too)

Well, no, I am not a daily toker but it has seen quite a bit of use.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Oct 03, 2:17 am

Fuck off dim

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re:

Postby alpha » Sun Feb 14, 9:43 am

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
alpha wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote:

Bought a Journey 3 a little over a year ago, even knowing that the journey one was most preferred, but they were in short supply and costly. Used it more than a few times. Worked well for what it was made for, but the finish did begin to wear off. Gave it away to a friend who'd use it much less and looked into buying another. The journey folks claimed to have a journey 3, on sale, for a little over half their regular price, including shipping. Unfortunately, it's not a journey three and they've cheapened it pretty severely. The magnet is much weaker than mine, which was attached to the top piece and snapped the entire assembly together tightly. Now the magnet is on the bottom portion and a shaft connected to the top piece must be placed thru the hole in the middle piece to put it all together. This make the swivel of the top very sloppy. Trying to return it, not what i ordered.

Oh and they also now advise to wash your journey with olive oil and hot water, or just hot water, but no alcohol.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Re:

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sun Feb 14, 5:25 pm

alpha wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote:
alpha wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote:

Bought a Journey 3 a little over a year ago, even knowing that the journey one was most preferred, but they were in short supply and costly. Used it more than a few times. Worked well for what it was made for, but the finish did begin to wear off. Gave it away to a friend who'd use it much less and looked into buying another. The journey folks claimed to have a journey 3, on sale, for a little over half their regular price, including shipping. Unfortunately, it's not a journey three and they've cheapened it pretty severely. The magnet is much weaker than mine, which was attached to the top piece and snapped the entire assembly together tightly. Now the magnet is on the bottom portion and a shaft connected to the top piece must be placed thru the hole in the middle piece to put it all together. This make the swivel of the top very sloppy. Trying to return it, not what i ordered.

Oh and they also now advise to wash your journey with olive oil and hot water, or just hot water, but no alcohol.

i like the journey 2
bought a couple more as backups on eBay or amazon (can't remember which)

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Check out these pipes

Postby Old Fart » Sun Feb 14, 7:01 pm

Yes love my Journey 2. Everyday use, dropped several times and still solid.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Check out these pipes

Postby alpha » Sun Feb 14, 7:10 pm

The difference between the journey one and two is the journey one had three magnets. FBN who owns both a one and a two much prefers the journey one. The difference between the journey 2 and 3 is that 3 has a bigger bowl and only a single very strong magnet. Whatever i got is the cheapest pipe they've produced to date.

Incidentally OF, they're head office appears to be in Colorado Springs. Also, they state their one year warranty is only good if the pipe is bought thru them directly, or from a brick and mortar establishment.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Re:

Postby modern roots » Mon Feb 15, 5:09 am

patrick wrote:Fuck off dim

Funny stuff.

I don't smoke from pipes anymore.
As a matter of fact, haven't smoked since December 24th last year. I'm more than enjoying the sobriety and my lungs love me for it. Even had my doctor order lung x-rays to check for any warning signs, abnormalities, cancer, etc.

Return to “Coffeeshop board”