and it's related items..

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Re: SEATTLE

Postby moe. » Sat Sep 30, 11:38 pm

slither wrote:
moe. wrote:
Old Fart wrote:My advice would be to park far away from Seattle city center/Space needle and take public transportation in or rent a bike? Beautiful city, great people, cluster-fuck traffic and available parking.

Noted, thanks! I got a taste of their traffic going to Vancouver last year. Bumper to bumper on a Saturday morning. We'll look into using public transportation. We could bring our own bikes, but she isn't comfortable riding in the city. Do they have dedicated bike lanes?

Banks wrote:Where are you staying?

We're not exactly sure yet. She is looking at AirBnB places. Based on OFs input I told her to try to find one located near public transportation.

slither wrote:Pike's Place, a Seahawks game, and Seattle Cannabis Co.

Any idea where to score a good deal on tickets? I haven't been to an NFL game since 1978, I would really like to see the Hawks. I'll probably have my own buds with me, but I might stop in to see what's on offer if we are nearby for something else.

http://www.seahawks.com/tickets/single-game-tickets

Damn. It's been a while since I've been to any pro sports venues, the last being a Lakers game in 200?. I knew it wouldn't be cheap, but that is more than we can plop down this time around. A good sports bar and a couple pitchers of beer will have to suffice.

Lazy stones
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Lazy stones » Tue Oct 03, 3:32 pm

Hoping to get back to Seattle next June (slim chance with my job)

My fave bars apart from Pike Brewery were http://www.elysianbrewing.com/ , The Stumbling Monk and Pinebox. They are all kinda near each other. Love Seattle n Tacoma

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 03, 3:35 pm

Lazy stones wrote:Hoping to get back to Seattle next June (slim chance with my job)

My fave bars apart from Pike Brewery were http://www.elysianbrewing.com/ , The Stumbling Monk and Pinebox. They are all kinda near each other. Love Seattle n Tacoma

I'll check them out, thanks! I'm looking for one that has a good brown ale on tap.

Lazy stones
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Lazy stones » Wed Oct 04, 10:01 am

Stumbling Monk seemed to specialize in Belgian Beers. Pinebox was an old morgue.
Loadsa choice to be had!

Lazy stones
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Lazy stones » Wed Oct 04, 3:30 pm

Oh on the sports bar front I was directed to a Pho restaurant that had a bar n big screens
in the North side of Downtown. Forget its name sorry.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Oct 06, 11:31 pm

Lazy stones wrote:Stumbling Monk seemed to specialize in Belgian Beers. Pinebox was an old morgue.
Loadsa choice to be had!

Stumbling Monk has the smaller selection of the two. Pine Box currently has Loowit The Kurgan Bbl-Aged Scotch Ale on tap. That sounds interesting to me. I am taking notes and researching. The Underground tour is sounding pretty lame, that has been taken off the list of possible things to do.

slither
super poster
super poster

Postby slither » Sun Oct 08, 7:19 pm

Have fun, moe.

Return to “Coffeeshop board”