Trip Report, Day 4, Part 1

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Trip Report, Day 4, Part 1

Postby Banks » Thu Feb 17, 5:49 pm

Tuesday, 10 June, 2003
Day 4, Part 1

Of course I made Sherri carry the boxes… there was no way I was muling them back to the Renaissance no matter how nicely she asked. If you wanted whatever it is bad enough to have bought it, I feel you are entitled to carry it back yourself because you wouldn’t entrust it someone who might trip and drop it into a canal, now would you? Now if it had been two boxes of primo bud from Jon at Grey Area, well, I might make an exception… and besides, when I get Sherri a little riled up at me, it can sometimes pay nice dividends.

Upon leaving the pastry shop, we took a right up Kolksteeg and walked across Nieuwe Zijds Voorburgwal, up the alley and across Spuistraat, and finally ending up on the corner of a little bridge crossing the Singel. There were still a fair number of people out and about, and the late evening weather was superb… just a whispering hint of cool as the wind slipped past us. The moon was bright and clear, painting the ancient buildings with a natural light… and it fairly danced on the little ripples in the water of the canal as an ancient little open boat quietly gurgled by, its fore lantern barely lighting the water to each side. It’s moments like this where I drift off for a few minutes lost in my thoughts of being in the Amsterdam of the 15th and 16th centuries… and you don’t even need to use much imagination, as so much of this wonderful city, Mokum to many, is just as it was all those long years ago. If you squint really hard, in the soft glow of streetlamps and windows, you can see van Rijn, Hals, Drost, Cuyp, van Gogh and Vermeer walking down the canal towards you, arguing and posturing over who was the better artist… and inside the soft glow of candles inside red shades of windows, curtains are peeled back to reveal exotic ladies from far away lands brought to Amsterdam for pleasures by the merchants and sailors of the day.

And then when you snap out of your revelry, you realize its BOhannon, LastHamlet, DedBud, MileHighDenver, DannyMac and Porkchop in happy disagreement over which coffeeshop has the best indica on their menu for the late night hours, and which brown café in which to enjoy their last intoxication of the evening… and God, I believe its Blueberry, Trekknhil, and UK sitting on the outside steps of a canal house with soft red neon framing the smoke rising from their reclines! Although we’ve never met in person, I somehow feel as if I’ve known all of these people for a while as friends do… it seems like we have walked this old city many times before… in our minds we did anyway. Well, it’s about time I came back to the world from my mind’s revelries…
“What are you thinking about?” Sherri asks. Must be some kind of a trick question, I think… but I always think that when I’m this stoned on good bud.
“I was just thinking how hot you look in those pants!”
“You are so full of shit… you weren’t even looking at me!”
“I had to look away, because I couldn’t take it anymore!” I really am full of shit sometimes…

“C’mon… what were you really thinking?” Now I know it’s a trick question, but I’m too stoned to actually realize that she’s stoned and a bit drunk… and this is a romantic moment with the lights and water around us in a time warp. I decide that I believe she actually wants the truth. Bad decision…
“I was just thinking how great it would be to be hanging out with all those guys from the Channels!” Wrong answer Bonzo...
“You were thinking you’d rather be with some guys you HAVEN’T EVEN MET instead of me?!?”
In my mind, the thought of being with her didn’t even occur… hell; I WAS with her, why would I also be thinking of being with her? Didn’t make any sense to me… this is the way men think… we can’t help it. But we usually know when we’ve said the wrong thing… because the woman we are with makes sure to point it out to us! Do you see how she set me up? She put the word “rather” in the statement… I never said “rather.” But I was at a disadvantage here… I was deserted by all my imaginary friends and left with only my wits to do battle with Sherri. My wits? Shit... she's a lawyer... a female lawyer... where were BO, Dmac, and LH and all when you needed them???
“I was just thinking that it would be really cool…”
“Really cool? Really cool?? You want to know what cool is??? Wait until we get back to the room and I’ll show you what really cool is!!!”
Oops...

With that Sherri turns and boldly strides away down the Singel in the direction of the Leidseplein. For a brief second or two, I considered going after her. After all, she still had the pastry boxes… but then I realized, yes you Magellan’s of the Amsterdam straats… SHE WAS GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!! HA!!! I let her get about a half an Amsterdam block away before I yelled to her.
“Are you going TO the hotel?” She took three more steps and stopped dead in her tracks… just stood there… without turning around. I didn’t think she was going to turn around at all for a moment, when she finally did and walked slowly back to where I stood by the rail. She looked damn good walking towards me in those tight jeans and even tighter top… damn good indeed. I wasn’t sure what to expect…
“You think you’re so damn smart, don’t you?” (Well, sometimes… but my friends usually don’t let it slide very far… about one barstool or so…)
“Not really…” “Okay, maybe once in a while…”
“No, not that you idiot… you said that about being with the guys just to piss me off, didn’t you?”
“Now why in God’s name would I do that? Actually yes, yes I did… but I didn’t think you’d get mad at me.”
“I wasn’t MAD at you… I’m just hurt…you shouldn’t say things you don’t mean.” (I felt I had an opening here…)
“I actually was thinking how I couldn’t believe…” (Blah, blah, blah I can’t remember what I said after that…)
“Now how hard was that?” (Harder than she could imagine…it takes talent and hard work to be insensitive, you know?)
“It wasn’t hard at all… I was also thinking how utterly ravishing you looked tonight!”
“Really? You were really thinking that?”
"I was also thinking that I wished I had the motorcycle here..."
“Okay, fuck you… let’s get back to the god damn hotel.”
Lawyers… but she does have a great sense of humor… usually that is.

We resumed our walk back to the Renaissance, in the right direction this time, along the Singel for the remaining two blocks and turned just past the big domed church and soon we are at the entrance to the hotel. The Renaissance looks really nice at night, with the brass lamps out front and the large glass windows. Beautiful, but wide open… there’s no sneaking in there at night. The lobby was a bit slower than usual that night, or maybe I just “felt” everyone’s eyes on us because Sherri was carrying those two pastry boxes like they were the Queen’s jewels. Or maybe the Prince’s… Or maybe I was just paranoid after coming in from the darkness to the bright lights of the lobby. I decided I was just being paranoid. But Sherri did look as if she’d never let those boxes out of her hands!

We took the elevator up to the 6th floor, and walked down the hallway to our room. It had been a long day… we had walked a lot, ate a lot, drank a lot, and smoked a lot. But the day hadn’t ended yet… I was kind of hoping to finish the “a lot” day with “gets laid a lot…” but it wasn’t looking good here, if you know what I mean?
Sherri didn’t waste any time in opening both boxes… she was jamming on a chocolate-covered waffle first. After two bites of the waffle, she started in on an apple strudel covered in powdered sugar… three bites of that and she was licking off icing from some kind of pastry… (remember, I had nothing to do with the selection…) and then back to the strudel. My guess is that she was experiencing her first big case of the munchies! I wasn’t that interested in the pastries, but I couldn’t quite resist the strudel… it looked awesome, so I finished that one off. I was glad I had put some Heinekens in the fridge earlier that day from the lounge, and poured myself a glass. It was time to get out the smokeables… let’s see what I can do with an ever growing number of baggies. Doesn’t everyone have this problem? You know, buying something every place you go into just about, never quite finishing any of them, and having a huge collection of smoke that you’ll never be able to consume? I had them stashed in the suitcase, in the armoire drawer, in my knapsack, in the camera case, you name it… and in every damn pocket cause you just can’t fucking really remember what you did with them all…!

Sherri had finished her gorging on pastries (picture red powdered sugar smeared around her lips like a little girl with her mother’s lipstick and you’ll get the idea…) and went in to take a shower, just dropping her clothes as she went, the last glimpse of which I saw her pull off the ruby red thong (which matched the ruby red tight sweater she had been wearing, remember? How do women do that?)…
Now I needed more than just the beer and opened the first little bottle of Jack Daniels into a glass, added the customary Dutch 2 ice cubes, swirled it around a bit, put it to my lips and shot it down… I swallowed hard. That was followed by half of the Heineken, for good measure. Well, what the hell… I splurged with filling the glass all the way up with ice this time, and pouring in the second Jack Daniels whiskey. Damn fine whiskey.

I counted 15 little baggies with various amounts of bud and hasj screaming to be let free… let’s see, there was “Northern Lights (NLx5)” from Dampkring, “Alegria” also from Dampkring, “White Rhino” from Mellow Yellow, “Silver Pearl” from Greenhouse Namaste, “AK47” from Rokerij, “Stella Blue” from AnyDay, “Blueberry” from the Noon, “Greyberry” from Grey Area, “Siberian Tiger” from Siberie, “Snow White” from Chocolata, “I Can’t Remember” from de Kuil, “Nepalese” hasj from Grey Area, “Moroccan” hasj from Chocolata, “Parvati Cream” hasj from de Kuil, and “Golden Soles” hasj from Grey Area… I think that was it, and thank God for labeling them!

Again, like the proverbial kid at Christmas, I took a little from every bag, broke it all up into a nice little pile and rolled one sweet joint laced with hasj pieces throughout… indeed, Norton, “How sweet it is!”
In moments I had that stick lit, and was just sitting on the bed watching some crazy Dutch television show enjoying my Jack Daniels and Heineken with sweet smoke swirling around my head when I hear Sherri calling my name from the bathroom. I walked over to the open door and knocked before entering…
“Are you smoking without me?”
“Yes I am… just getting it warmed up for you!” With that she opens the curtain a bit and grabs the nearest towel, drying off her perfect little hands.
“I’ll have some of that, if you please…” No problem at all… Sherri takes a long drag on the now billowing joint. I’m having a hard time here looking at that body shimmering with the hot water of the shower dripping down it, even though she’s pulled the curtain around herself just a little. A few hits between us later, and I walked back out to the room and took my clothes off too…

The big crème filled croissant she bought in the pastry shop didn’t last very long in that hot shower…
Last edited by Banks on Fri Mar 04, 5:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Feb 17, 6:01 pm

Thanks man, I was giving up hope for a good read with my third cuppa and all of the bitter, empty or just plain meaningless posts in this forum this morning. Well done!

PaXXX

bigbird
super poster
super poster

Postby bigbird » Thu Feb 17, 8:13 pm

I know what you mean about being paranoid in the bright lights.After a walk in the night it always is an adjustment for me to go to bright lights,almost a transition between two different worlds.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

AWESOME!!!

Postby LastHamlet » Fri Feb 18, 3:21 pm

Banks, this is killer. I especially liked your conversations and thoughts you were having. Putting into words exactly what us men think at times... How true. We do wonder how the hell we get to a certain point.
I laughed while reading some parts and felt honored for the mention in another part. (Although, that would be a good debate.) I felt the air of contempt, in a romantic way. :)
What magic you have put to page with this Banks.
As if the flow of the report was not grand enough, the list of baggies had me foaming at the mouth. The thoughts you had on all the little baggies was funny too, but how true indeed. That is what made it funny, I was laughing at the times I did and felt the same ways.
This is par for the course in the grand episodes of "The Sherri Chronicles"
I am so glad you posted it Banks, it's a lot better 'n what I had.
Dam, I am gonna read it again.
Many Best Regards,
LH

nellie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby nellie » Fri Feb 18, 4:12 pm

As usual when I finished reading I was smiling from ear to ear. Well done regards to the lovely Sherri

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Feb 20, 6:16 pm

Thanks all... I'm lucky to have excellent notes and a decent memory is all. I ppreciate the kind words. I gotta finish this... :)

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sun Feb 20, 6:59 pm

and a vivid imagination...

a true Stephen King moment... stretch it out for years, Gunslinger....

love my Sheri tho.

WOOT!

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

Postby lctricity » Mon Feb 21, 5:31 am

Another great episode of The Adventures of Banks & Sherri!

Great touch with harkening back to the days of old. Never really thought of it all in those terms and it adds that much more charm to the whole scene. The interactions between you and Sherri are as hilarious as ever too.

Really dig you writing style and look forward to anymore reports to come.

wolfdangler
power poster
power poster

Postby wolfdangler » Mon Feb 21, 6:49 pm

Very nice read.
You never cease to amaze me. This would make a terrific film.
Can't wait to see how it all ends.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon Feb 28, 4:38 am

wolfdangler wrote:Very nice read.

Maybe it ends badly. Tragedy unfolds its ugly wings... Sherri gets it in the end... a victim of her circumstances.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Feb 28, 6:46 pm

Banks wrote:
wolfdangler wrote:Very nice read.

Maybe it ends badly. Tragedy unfolds its ugly wings... Sherri gets it in the end... a victim of her circumstances.

No way Banks, that would be a classic end to one of my trips, but not this one. :)
Although, I am sure every tale has some tragedy, and usually by one's own circumstances, but this may be a tragedy of decisions.

However, come to think of it, has anybody heard from Sherri??? LOL.

Best Of Regards,
LH

wolfdangler
power poster
power poster

Postby wolfdangler » Mon Feb 28, 10:24 pm

Banks wrote:Maybe it ends badly. Tragedy unfolds its ugly wings... Sherri gets it in the end... a victim of her circumstances.

More conflict the better. The best films never end happily ever after.
Sorry, I guess that's just the selfish filmmaker in me.
Hopefully, you’re no worse for wear and you'll continue documenting these forays into mokum.

Birdman

Re: Trip Report, Day 4, Part 1

Postby Birdman » Tue Mar 01, 5:03 pm

Banks wrote:The big crème filled croissant she bought in the pastry shop didn’t last very long in that hot shower…

You've got a way with images Banks. nice one.

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Wed Mar 02, 5:41 pm

What a super cool report! Started my day out so perfect, almost don't mind going to work. I'll be thinking about your thoughts all day, planning my stops for my upcoming trip. Thanks, Banks

Black Rabbit
regular
regular

Postby Black Rabbit » Thu Mar 03, 11:27 pm

Fantastic read....not knowing any of "you'se guys" I'm thinking of the kinda of people Mr. Dangler would hang with and it's perfect..... strolling down the street with the other channelites...like a cross between the gansters in Reservoir Dogs and well.....Stand by Me? ..... I now realize the weakness of my posts....NOT ENOUGH SEX..... Ladies are certainly funny that way....Now that Mrs. Black Rabbit, Ruby to you, knows of "you'se guys" she's worried I'll cash my 401k in and tell her I'm going to the store to pick up a loaf of bread just to get a call from the 'Dam. So now maybe we could combine a trip to India with a trip to Amsterdam. Hmmmm...the wheels are still turning......

TheDude
power poster
power poster

thanks

Postby TheDude » Sat Mar 05, 10:18 pm

Good times thanks for the read>>>
The Dude

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”