any channelites around in may/june?

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Progress

any channelites around in may/june?

Postby Progress » Tue Jan 28, 7:20 pm

I know this is kind of far in advance, but since my trip is basically confirmed I figured I'd give a shout....I'm getting really really excited.

Well I haven't booked my ticket yet, but my arrival date is going to be may8/9. The arrival date for my group from the study program is like may 10th and the program starts the 11th in belgium. I figured I should go early so i can become reaquainted with my surroundings and unwind after the stresses of travel.

So here's the plan, if anyone is going to be there during the 2nd week of may, I'd like to meet up with you and have a smoke and a beer or something. Thing is, I'm travelling by myself and while I don't mind it too much, I'm sure loneliness will set in shortly after a series of solo coffeeshop visits. I'd like to meet some of the regulars who post such great trip reports and have many stories to tell that can only be told in person, know what I'm sayin?

Also, the program ends may 31, which means I'll be staying behind to see some more sights. Also I might have a job in brussels that will keep me there until mid-august, so there will be plenty of time for a rendezvous. Let me know if this fits your schedule, either reply to this post or just send a PM.

Thanks!

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Mon Apr 14, 12:48 am

Hiya Progress,

Just catching up on all the old posts I missed while I was absent from the forum and noticed this one. I will prolly be around from 5/23-6/2 if you get back from Brussels before I leave, I'd love to torch some bowls witcha.

SB
power poster
power poster

DeadBud

Postby SB » Tue Apr 15, 2:31 pm

Whats up... Wifey and I will be in town from May 30th - June 7th. We need to meet up again and venture on another day trip!

SB

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

heyas

Postby DedBud » Tue Apr 15, 7:46 pm

Hiya SmokerBill and Wifey...hehe. Yeah that would be cool. Haven't really figured out if I'll do much for day trips yet except I have to make another trip to Haarlem since I still haven't been there at the right time of day to enjoy Wilma & Alberts steaks.

SB
power poster
power poster

Cool

Postby SB » Wed Apr 16, 2:12 am

Maybe we can set something up on the 1st. We would love to visit the steak house in Haarlem... (If I were blueberry I would start getting a kickback from the owner) Maybe we can setup a channelites smoke session and dinner.

SB

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Wed Apr 16, 3:05 am

LOL! no doubt:))

BlueBerry

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Thu Apr 17, 3:44 am

I'll try to keep the 1st open in my planning although since that's my last night in town I may try to spend that night with my cousin before heading back.

Progress

Postby Progress » Thu Apr 17, 4:01 am

I'll be back in town on the afternoon of the 31st, which is a saturday i believe. If anyone wants to just get together at a coffeeshop or something I'm open to suggestions...I'll just be settling back in that day and would love to hang out. I'm sure once we get together at that point we'll decide on a fun activity...

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Fri Apr 18, 12:27 am

I'd love to meet up with you when you get back to the Dam after the 31st. I am still stuck traveling back in the States and it doesn't look like I will be getting back home until after you leave for Brussels. But after you are done, it should be time for some fun!

cheers,

buckofive

Progress

Postby Progress » Fri Apr 18, 2:38 am

Wow I started this thread like two months ago before my plans were solid, and now that they are this thread is getting lots of attention from so many people who want to meet up!!

We need to arrange something because I leave in 20 days, so I won't really have access to internet much while i'm there (with the exception of a few stops in an internet cafe from time to time)....

If you want to set up a gathering, PM me and I will try to get something going.
The way I figure it, we can all meet up on May 31(saturday) during the afternoon sometime. Rookies anyone? I've never been there but it seems a common place to meet. Of course it is waaay far south of where my hotel is (warmoestraat22)....I don't know, we'll straighten it out before i leave, then after I leave i'll probably check back on this site every week or so the keep up with things.
So, PM me if you want to get together, we'll arrange something

later!

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Mon Apr 21, 4:18 am

Getting together in the afternoon of the 31st sounds good to me. I'm pretty much open to Rookies or DeKuill or whatever works for others. I get around pretty well anyway. I'll be staying at a house between the Nieuwmarkt and Centraal Station, or at least that's where I'll be passing out at night.

SB
power poster
power poster

Sure

Postby SB » Mon Apr 21, 3:41 pm

Well I think I will be staying at the Hotel above Rookies so I think I will be able to make it :-)..... Just let me know!

SB

Progress

Postby Progress » Fri Apr 25, 3:31 pm

I'll be staying on the Warmoestraat. I'm open to any coffeeshop, but it looks like it's between rookies and de kuil.
Either way I don't mind, rookies is a bit farther away but since SB is staying closer to rookies I wouldn't mind making a trip down there.
Just need to know what time you guys want to meet, and as it gets closer we'll either be PMing or e-mailing eachother to flatten out all the details.

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Fri Apr 25, 4:32 pm

Well for planning purposes, lets just settle on 4:00pm on May 31st at Rookies then. They should have more room just in case we get some more people involved by then anyway.

Progress

Postby Progress » Fri Apr 25, 7:21 pm

Sounds great Dedbud, good time window too. I'll probably hit up the Rijks early in the afternoon and make it out of there to meet up with you guys at 4. You'll recognize me as the young looking guy with a backpack most likely getting carded at the counter...

Anyone else who wants to come you're more than welcome!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”