reserving a space

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

patrick

reserving a space

Postby patrick » Fri Nov 12, 1:32 pm

i check everyday in hopes Dogbreath has pinned a trip report. It was his reports from 3 or 4 years ago that got my interest and i have been lucky to have read so many and hope to read a few more.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Me Too.

Postby LastHamlet » Sun Nov 14, 1:11 pm

I second that Patrick.
Those reports were my original inspiration to write trip reports myself. I miss Dogbreath, and his wonderful writings of his trips to AMS. Between Dogbreath and Dedbud, when I read their reports, I felt as though I was right there with them. Not to mention GT's wondeful reports. (While I am at it I miss Banks and Foxy's reports as well)
We miss you fine people, please come back...
All The Best Regards,
LastHamlet

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Fri Nov 19, 6:39 am

Hey....I remember them...miss 'em too :(

Banks and Sherry...pure Channelite legend, lol

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Sun Nov 28, 1:20 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Patrick and LH.

Alas, you have seen the last of the trip reports.

Dogbreath :-)

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Say it ain't so???

Postby LastHamlet » Sun Nov 28, 5:21 pm

Then this marks a sad day indeed. You, to me Dogbreath, are an icon of the Trip Reports Forum. The Forum in general, as far as that goes. So, I have a Trip Report in your honor. Though not nearly the standard of your fine Reports, it is inspired by truthful events, and warrants telling.

Here’s my story, and I am sticking to it.
Truth be said, in comparison to you and many of the other long standing members of the Channels Forum, I am a newby, by many, many years. I remember the first day I clicked on the Forum button, and the old board was the only forum. The very first post I clicked on, was yours Dogbreath. It caught my attention in an odd sort of way. For in the post you were mentioning reading a review where De Kuil had a vaporizer, and asking others if it were true. Others had not yet tried the Volcano it seemed.
The odd part is that review was from an accidental tourist, a stumbling amateur in the city of AMS. Someone who at the time of writing it, had no other friends that went to Amsterdam. That review was from me.
I had no idea that I had been one of the first to try and review the Vaporizer in De Kuil, but if you read the reviews section, truth is in the pages. It was only a day or two after that first review I wrote on De Kuil, that I clicked on the forum, thereby seeing your post on the very subject. Feeling suddenly linked with a people of the same feather, after having few other known feathers, was a comforting feeling. I felt for the first time, at home, without being home that is.
So, I remember the times of old, and now miss the days where icons like yourself inspired others who you at such time never met. When there didn’t seem such a strange vibe in the air. A time where 20 or 30 trip icons like yourself and Nogbin and many others, gave much in the way of good info to the passionate view of AMS. That view that I go to see, time and time again. I have borrowed your eyes on many occasions, and used them as best I could.
Now, that in the retro, is a Trip Report indeed.

I can remember reading reports from yourself, and Dedbud, then thinking what wonderful people you must be to share you times in the Dam for all to read. In short you and a few others were the very reason I wrote anything at all. Though I have never really written anything as good as yours or several of the others, whatever good I did do, came from the inspiration of you 'old school' members. Members that were there long before me.
Now, the board will not know anymore of the Dogbreath Chronicles, and again I repeat, it is a sad day indeed.
Is there anything that can be done to change your mind???
Hopefully so...!!!

Many Best Regards Dogbreath,
LastHamlet

Otis
super power poster
super power poster
Location: Recovering from years of racing sailboats on SF Bay

Postby Otis » Mon Nov 29, 5:53 pm

I really enjoyed meeting up with you DB, and years back you were the one that turned me onto Kali Mist from Tweede Kamer, on one of my first trips. Thanks for that and all the trip reports, and making me cry when you lost your dog after she waited for you to come home from your trip. I've always enjoyed reading your postings, and not sure why you post no more. Just like Weezil, I feel like we've all lost something, but that is the way life is I guess.

Otis

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Mon Nov 29, 6:05 pm

Well...glad to say I've met the man, the legend...it was a blast :)

Hope to see you back here soon

foxiehaha
power poster
power poster

Postby foxiehaha » Mon Nov 29, 7:40 pm

Not usually being one to piss on anybodys strawberry's but I, too, won't be writing my Trip Report. These days I pop in about once a week to cyber-stalk my old friend Bollocks and check the musings of Patrick.
This place used to be fun now its just meglomaniacs spouting self important clap trap.
Was really flattering to hear LH mention me though I must admit.
Kindest Regards to All,
Foxie.x

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Nov 29, 8:18 pm

.............the fox is back in The Dam.
Anyone about?
Look out for my famous, funny & freaky Trip Reports, they will posted sson after. Lets hope some good things happen. :-)
Love Foxie.x

I saw this post from October 17th. You will allow a few trolls to dictate if you write a trip report? Come on Foxie, Ignore them and write one. Please. This is still a great place, and Bas is trying to fix the problems. As more people discover channels, there will be more trolls. But more good people too.

milehigh

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Mon Nov 29, 8:26 pm

Personally I think its a real shame that there will be less trip reports :(

...Boner...

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Mon Nov 29, 8:45 pm

FOXIE...please...I love your trip reports!!!

Keep them coming

I don't know what is happening around here but I am starting to get ticked off that so many great people are leaving

Chiqui
power poster
power poster

Postby Chiqui » Tue Nov 30, 4:38 am

Dogbreath...Such a pity you will no longer be writing any trip reports. I've only read your most recent one and have truly enjoyed the detail put into it. You have a gift that should be shared.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Tue Nov 30, 9:48 pm

as Leigh would say in chat.

WIENERS! NEENKIMPOOPS!

lordy. get a pair. Fight for your right!

WOOT!

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Jan 14, 5:50 pm

xtill checking

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”