Having a wonderful time, wish you could all be here...

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Weez
power poster
power poster

Having a wonderful time, wish you could all be here...

Postby Weez » Wed Aug 25, 12:19 pm

The first thing to strike me when we arrived on Monday morning, was the startling difference in service between Stansted airport and Schipol. Some of you may know that I have long-standing back problems which affect my mobility. I get a lot of pain, so at best I am slow-moving and tend to be grumpy. At worst, can't walk at all, so naturally I try to get myself cosseted when travelling. I did all the right things, rang ahead when booking and described my needs. Got to Stansted, they'd never heard of me and it was all "oh, can you manage?". Which I did. Arrived at Schipol, there was a wheelchair waiting by the aircraft steps! Never had to stir a foot until we were almost on the bus. No wonder everyone wants to move here.

This time we are staying at the Quentin Hotel just off Leidseplein. The 370 Interliner got us there in 15 minutes for about 3 euro each. No problem with luggage, the driver let us put it in the big baggage compartment and there was only one stop before ours. Absolute doddle. The Quentin is superbly located, relaxed and pleasant. Not posh, mind, but nice. Ours is a budget room so it's pretty tiny but the bathroom is a decent size and we have a fair-sized telly with remote for watching kid's cartoons dubbed into Nederlands during our siesta!

Pretty much our first stop was Rookies coffeeshop. It was only about ten in the morning, and I think was were about the first in. Anyway we got a very nice welcome, and decided to start gently with the old familiar Northern Lights.

My time is running out and the BFG is getting restless. More to come...

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Wed Aug 25, 5:32 pm

Good to see you there, relaxing and having a good time. Try to stick with the indicas as they offer more pain relief. Give the Rock Bud a go, I think you'll find it at Dampkring or Tweede Kamer as it is a Soma strain. Looking forward to more reports. Enjoy!

moe.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Glad all is well.

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Aug 26, 12:31 am

It does seem different the second you touch down in AMS, Weez. Glad to hear all is working out well so far.
I wished we could all be there too.
Have a wonderful time and can't wait for more.
Best Of Regards,
LastHamlet

Weez
power poster
power poster

Trying out the buds.

Postby Weez » Thu Aug 26, 11:32 am

Northern lights worked fine for smoking and gently exploring as did Red Bud, which was stronger but still a perfectly good social smoke. Quite right about the Indicas though. On our second visit to the Noon, which was yesterday, we got stuck into the Blueberry. After being no more than pleasantly buzzy up to that point, I was suddenly completely unstrung. Pain and tension vanished as did all muscular strength! I melted into the cushions and after half an hour's recovery we slowly meandered back to the Quentin for another smoke and a lengthy siesta. I normally have my TENS machine (pain control) going all day on these trips, I have to report that the Blueberry allows me turn it off, pretty impressive stuff. Of course I am now hopelessly stoned and wobbly but hey, I can live with that for a few days, hehe.

So what else did we do on Monday? General reconnaissance, lunch at Het Molenpad which was very pleasant. We both need a rest in the afternoon, so we watched some kids' TV. I just love cartoons dubbed into Dutch. Don't understand a word most of the time, I just like the sound.

We had dinner at Stoop en Stoop, trad Dutch. highly recommended. Got there about a quarter to seven and got seated with no bother. Twenty minutes later the place was packed solid. Out timing is working well on this trip, we seem to have got the hang of Dutch hours.

On Tuesday we hopped a tram to the Van Gogh Museum, dodging the heavy showers. The paintings are all they should be. Do go if you haven't already. Had a quick lunch near the museum, nothing special. Came out into the most ferocious downpour, I swear there was more water in the air than in the gracht! Rain was coming down, sideways and up from the sidewalk. Even with our umbrellas, we were soaked all down one side in 3 seconds flat. Ah well, all part of the adventure. Went back to our room to change.

Further bulletins to follow...

stuartsdog
super power poster
super power poster

Postby stuartsdog » Thu Aug 26, 12:01 pm

weez when you are at the noon give the bb ice a go... man that stuff rocks
love reading the report keep them coming have fun

Chooby
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Chooby » Thu Aug 26, 12:29 pm

Enjoy every minute of every hour.

Have fun, you are where most of us would really rather be!

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Thu Aug 26, 12:43 pm

Glad to hear the pain reliefs working, have fun Weez, nice on the spot reporting - Thanks...

...Boner...

jerkypete49
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby jerkypete49 » Thu Aug 26, 1:29 pm

Glad to hear you're enjoying trip AND pain relief. Too bad they don't bottle that Blueberry:

I agree about the Van Gogh museum. You have to see them up close to appreciate his genius. I went twice and will go again this November

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Aug 26, 7:39 pm

It made me so happy to read that you were able to turn your machine off (I'm a medical marijuana advocate) and enjoy life without it for a while. Enjoy your time there and post more as you get a chance, thanks.

moe.

Puffbob
regular
regular

Postby Puffbob » Fri Sep 03, 12:10 am

How wonderful it is to hear of your experience..........Someday I shall return the favor............Have yourself a ball!
PB

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”