ODD & EVEN PERSPECTIVES-2004 Trip- Day#1

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Chooby
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Chooby » Sun Aug 01, 2:01 pm

I didn't have time to read the whole deal till now.

Yes the weather was bad that day you arrived, Planes were circling directly over the centrum - crazy weather that day.

Its was a pleasure meeting you and MM as well as Everyone at Amnesia the next day.

I hope our paths cross in Amsterdam again.

Looking forward to the rest.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Wow Again!!

Postby LastHamlet » Sun Aug 01, 2:19 pm

Yes, can't wait to meet up again Chooby, we all had a grand time at the meeting.
Thanks to all for the kind words.

It is minutes away from MM's first installment. I have not read it myself yet, as I have been waiting in eager anticipation...

Many Best Regards To All,
LastHamlet

Chiqui
power poster
power poster

Postby Chiqui » Sun Aug 01, 5:35 pm

Chooby wrote:I didn't have time to read the whole deal till now.

Yes the weather was bad that day you arrived, Planes were circling directly over the centrum - crazy weather that day.

Its was a pleasure meeting you and MM as well as Everyone at Amnesia the next day.

I hope our paths cross in Amsterdam again.

Looking forward to the rest.

Hey Chooby! Where's your trip report?

Otis
super power poster
super power poster
Location: Recovering from years of racing sailboats on SF Bay

Postby Otis » Mon Aug 02, 3:19 am

Nice to read about your trip LH, and I heard the milkshakes were really good at Amnesia. Glad you liked it there, it's on the top of my list to purchase and hang out. I really enjoyed the read and thanks for it.

Otis

Johannes
super poster
super poster

Postby Johannes » Mon Aug 02, 11:31 pm

T_Tec wrote:
Anyway if the rest of it is as good you should send it to the amsterdam tourist board and they can use it as one of their promotional brouchures ( hey LH got the pics to go with it lol ), or to a publisher as a short story (or small novel if the first post is anything to go by !)
anyway keep up the good work and thanks for a great read

T_Tec

Sentiment seconded. A complete, unedited (even for spelling or grammar because there is a certain charm and immediacy in reading it exactly as written), and unexpurgated collection of the entire LH, and now MM, trip reports would make a book well worth publishing.

J

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

It would be wonderful

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Aug 03, 1:20 pm

Thanks T-Tec, very nice words indeed. (You too Johannes) I would love to write about AMS for a living. However, it may fall under the category of 'Starvin Artist', to write that is. It has been my learnings in life that when people talk of such loves, they(Or me) get looked at funny. That being in the general population. Amsterdam is a passion for people all over the world, but for those who do not care or know of it, it seems an oddity.
In 1995 I was telling a few people of my then two adventures, showing photos, offering any kind of proof that this was the way it was, and they called me a liar. Here were two young bucks who never been out of the States, didn't have a passport, but somehow believed in their hearts that I was not telling the truth.
I was telling them the truth, but from their viewpoint it did not exist.
On the other hand, if it were possible to be a famous writer, would they let MM and Myself live in Amsterdam, forever??? Goodness, if that were the case, I may never stop writing. :)
On a serious note, lots of people summon up the words to write a wonderful report of their Nederland adventures, MM and I are just a couple of the many.

It is easy to write about something you love so much. It would be wonderful.
Best Regards,
LH

Chooby
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Chooby » Tue Aug 03, 3:12 pm

Chiqui wrote:Hey Chooby! Where's your trip report?

Well, I was there for three weeks, and it wasn't a "standard" trip.

I have quite a few relatives scattered about the country and a lot of the trip wouldn't be of much interest to most.

However, I am thinking about a report of sorts.

We were in Amsterdam for about 2 weeks, there are some tales.. Max Flower's bike riding skills on Geldersekade..

I'm thinking "tales of Amsterdam" as opposed to a trip report might be in order.

Stay tuned.

Maid Marian
power poster
power poster

Spelling....ETC..

Postby Maid Marian » Tue Aug 03, 3:15 pm

You are absolutely right Johannes. LH sometimes wants me to proof his trip reports. If something is terribly wrong, as to change the intent of his meaning, I will have him change it. I, like you, firmly believe that is part of the wonder of his reports. It has a charm that only LH can bring.

It would be so wonderful if we could move there and just write. What a life that would be.......Who knows? Maybe someday we can. We have to dream, cause where would we be without them......

Dream on Baby, it is good for you!!!!

Peace.........MM

Maid Marian
power poster
power poster

Great Title Chooby!!

Postby Maid Marian » Tue Aug 03, 3:21 pm

Chooby: We were posting at almost the same time. That would be an awesome read.....'Tales of Amsterdam"

Go for it. It doesn't have to be as long and drawn out as our's is. Now you've really piqued my interest. Please do it!!!!!

Peace.........MM

Island Dreamer
participating
participating

Postby Island Dreamer » Wed Aug 04, 3:22 am

Long and drawn out.....I think somebody's been smoking way to much if they say that. I have found LH and MM's reports to be insightful at times, funny at times and overall a good read. Anybody who says otherwise needs to go back to school.

Keep em coming.............

naughtynurse
regular
regular

Postby naughtynurse » Thu Aug 05, 3:51 am

Anxiously awaiting the next installment...keep you the good word MM..you are giving LH a run for his money.

NN

TheDude
power poster
power poster

good times

Postby TheDude » Thu Aug 05, 8:14 pm

Excellent man I really enjoyed reading it

Johannes
super poster
super poster

Re: It would be wonderful

Postby Johannes » Fri Aug 06, 11:16 pm

LastHamlet wrote:Thanks T-Tec, very nice words indeed. (You too Johannes) I would love to write about AMS for a living. However, it may fall under the category of 'Starvin Artist', to write that is. ...

LH & MM,

Have you read On The Road by Jack Kerouac by chance? To me you already have the makings of a book. If you compiled all of your previous trip reports, going all the way back to LH's first one, plus the remaining trip reports you are currently preparing, and didn't change a single word, sentence or punctuation mark (not even spelling or grammar), and put them together in a book with each report posting a separate chapter you would have a book that would make "dam" good reading. You already have the title too, "Odd Perspectives". You could maybe add a subtitle just to give it an Amsterdam reference. You would then have a book that to me would be a little bit like a modern version of 'On the Road', but wholly your own unique vision, not an imitation. It could possibly become an underground classic, or even more.

Johannes

d3kings
super poster
super poster

Postby d3kings » Sun Sep 26, 10:03 am

As always LH, great report - I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll have to schedule in some reading time for the next few days ;)

One of these days we'll have to meet up for a smoke in mokum.

d3kings

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Tue Mar 09, 3:59 pm

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: ODD & EVEN PERSPECTIVES-2004 Trip- Day#1

Postby chichi123 » Tue Oct 27, 12:09 am

Oh my gosh the names. Blast from the past. I love you all.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”