ODD & EVEN PERSPECTIVES-2004 Trip- Day#1

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

ODD & EVEN PERSPECTIVES-2004 Trip- Day#1

Postby LastHamlet » Sun Jul 25, 4:39 pm

“Odd & Even Perspectives” 2004 Trip Report

Oh Wow!!! Is It Time To Go???

The day had finally come, and the hour of riding to the Airport was now upon us. The Raleigh/Durham
International Airport has somehow always reminded me of the final destination on this journey, that being
Amsterdam, Nederlands. Now embarking on my seventh voyage and Maid Marian on her very first, what a “Dual Spectrum” this trip will prove to be. Far reaching could be the difference of viewpoints from us two now heading off on this vacation/dream. Though, our hearts will be beating in unison, our eyes will see different things. With that said, Maid Marian will be writing the even days and quite naturally, I’ll be writing the odd days. "So, lets see if I can peel the layers back on this onion, put keyboard to hand, and let this story unfold." To the skeptics that be, the only way you should feel cheated is that Maid Marian is not writing the whole report. She will add a dimension to the report that I fall short on, but have so needed.

From the RDU Airport to the JFK in New York, then once the plane door is sealed, it will open to the place we have waited patiently for our turn to see. Although, it is the next day when you arrive, so you just figure you have indeed left the planet Earth. Being the limited traveler that I am it is not that far a stretch of the imagination.
As usual, the landing of the plane brings on a huge array of smiles and somewhat silent cheers as those
who came for vacation/pleasure, the time has now come. The rights and lefts and moving walkways that lead to the first booth for the usual question,,, Business or Pleasure???, “Vacation it is.” Then “Have a Nice Time” followed by the ‘clomp-clomp’ of the stamp hitting your passport. In the back of your head, you can just hear Eddie Money singing “Two Tickets To Paradise”...
Then fading to “Hold On,,, So, Baby Hold On To Me.”
Just a baggage claim and a dash through customs, as there is nothing to declare, so we’re on our way...

June 24th, 2004... Day #1... “Our Time In Eden”

Opting for the Train to AMS Central Station, we went to the ticket counter to score our 3 tickets… 3 Tickets you ask??? Well, you get one ticket each and then one ticket that has a 1 Euro fee on it. I noticed this was standard operating procedure for all the trains you bought tickets for during the trip. I never found out whether it was a tax or what.
Man, it is raining something terrible, and the wind has to be 40 miles an hour and a bit chilly. Fortunately, this proved to be the worst weather day of the trip, but it was indeed a “cold, Chicago-like day” in the City of Amsterdam. I rather like the colder temperatures that come with traveling from a hot climate to a cooler one. Maid Marian was not that amused with the cold, small tornado-like weather, but it didn’t seem to matter as I kept telling her “Slice through it”. That became one of the trips most noted moments and statements: “Slice through it”. She thought I was some kind of nut, as she wondered how you slice through a hard wind and driving rain??? You must realize that she is a buck and fifteen cents soaking wet, so a hard wind like this was more rather trying to slice through her.
We just had to make it across the tracks to the VVV and score a 3 DagKaart for the trams. (BTW, They have the word “UURSKAART” printed on them now, so I’ll be using that term to refer to the tram passes). Ahhh, Then a ‘slice’ back across the tracks to catch a Tram #4 to the Hotel.

After dropping off the luggage at the Hotel, because the room was not yet ready at the 10:00 AM hour, and they were kinda busy cleaning up from breakfast. Olga was working today and did offer some coffee or even breakfast if we wanted. They are always polite and very nice at the hotel, but sensing that they were trying to clean up from breakfast we decided to head out for a cola instead. Let me see, two doors over is the 'Onder de Ooievaar' Bar and Restaurant, and made for a nice pit stop. I had only been in here once before and a rude girl kinda put me off, so I never returned until now. My loss it turns out, the rude girl was apparently no longer here, and the place had a cool atmosphere. Even went downstairs to take my first dump in the free world, so to speak. Rather nice fellow tending the bar, and he seemed like a cheerful chap indeed. We left with a "We will be back" and headed out for the first Coffeeshop of the trip.........

Hummmmmm, so many choices, so many buds, so many everything’s!!! Well, a tram ride to Central Station, a look for the 'Homeless Lady' (A ghost in my past), and we were on our way to the first of many Coffeeshops. If you guessed Siberie Coffeeshop,,,, you would be correct.

Watching the face of Maid Marian was simply wonderful. We entered the shop that I had told her the most about, and all the magic began. We were here, this was real, and our time had come. How wonderful it was to be back, although I didn't recognize the lady Budtender, she was really nice to us. Before I could order she noticed the disc I had in my pocket. Most likely because it had their logo on it,,, Siberie Coffeeshop. She said "You brought us a music disc, how sweet?" I replied with a "Well yes indeed, I spend so much of my vacation time here I figured I would bring a disc made just for Siberie". Their normal music theme is usually a kind of Techno. I really don’t mind any kind of music, but sometimes it is like riding a horse that is headed nowhere. Some of it is okay though, I mean I have listened to KraftWerk, and I like the ‘Cars’. Okay, the ‘Cars’ in not really Techno, but close. I have heard all kinds of jam through the years in Siberie Coffeeshop. No matter what they have playing. It is never too loud or over bearing.
Nonetheless, this was more of a classic rock/recent rock, disc. She was so thrilled that a customer had brought them a disc, that she popped it in immediately,,, first song 10,000 Maniacs—‘These Are Days’, then it just rolled on from there.

I could only sit and gaze at Maid Marian's face and wonder what she must be interpreting this whole smoke and mirror trick to be. Whether it is a dream, a fuzzy yet not complete illusion, a far stretch of the imagination, or just a prop stage that I had somehow setup for her to view. I had joked with her for months before the trip as to the possibility that I had never been. I often called myself a poser, and told her I could have made up all of what I had said about Holland, or just been a very good Channels Forum reader. Have I been here before? Have I actually walked these streets, met some of these people? Time will tell, as you can only fake it so much, either way. (Something cool DOC wrote to a flamer a while back, makes me want to be that poser... The little boy in me had to keep her guessing.)
One of the first things I learned about Maid Marian when I first met her is that she had always wanted to go to Holland. She told me of a story back in her childhood that had led her to be curious and first wanting to go. Therefore, adding a twist of mystery was just naturally in my nature.
Ah, just to be inside her head and see all the things for the first time again. To be so new to ones mind that it is all too much to take in at once. I could tell she was mostly glad to be out of the wind and driving rain. We were checking out the interesting THC Crystal Artwork hanging all over the walls of Siberie Coffeeshop. 40X zooms of the various plant matter, framed and hung for art, how wonderful. For some reason, they looked a little unusual, out of focus or something. In days to come, we are to discover why they look like they do.
The two hot chocolates we ordered were as usual,,, to die for. A thick pile of whipped cream with chocolate sprinkles and cinnamon on top. These were the ‘hot chocolates’ that always haunt me in my sleep when I am back at home pining for a trip here. Not to mention the 2.5-gram bud of Siberian Tiger I had selected from the bowl, all totaled Euro 18.55; I slide her 21 and called it good. They were celebrating their 20-Year Anniversary, and they were in fine form. Their lighters were specially made with a ’20-Jaar’ logo printed on it. I asked to buy two of them and they gave them to me.
They had copies of a new coffee table book. A pocket size, nicely illustrated, book of events, news and other goodies. The little book had the words “HET ROOKSIGNAAL” written on it. Also “Bio-logies, dynamies & plant aardig coffeetabelblad” and “Jaargang 1 Nummer 1” written on the cover. But of course, the Siberie logo on it too. The cover was printed as to resemble woven hemp fibers, and is quite the collector’s item. (I thumb through one while writing this report. I asked for one) It is written entirely in Dutch and I can only get through some of it.
I was checking out their unusual lamps that hung at each table. They were originally round shades that were bent in the middle and cut to fashion a Venus FlyTrap. The tables are always inviting, although be careful of the short stools that may be gathered around for additional seating. Funny thing though, they have removed a lot of those short stool seats. Careful I say, because they will reach out and try to grab your foot when you are carrying two hot chocolates. I have been Siberie affluent for some time and seem protected from the stool 'trippage' thing. Just ‘dumb luck’ keeps me safe a lot of the time.

With all the pleasures of the first coffeeshop now inhaled into the imagination, and not just the ghanja we smoked but the environment in which Siberie has with it. Each coffeeshop has it's own 'little swing' I call it. Swing being the ambiance of the shop, and the way you feel while inside, or on the terrace at some shops. Siberie Coffeeshop has a beautiful view of the Brouwersgracht, yet no real room for a terrace. Room enough outside to lock a few bikes, but very little extra. Would be a most excellent place to have a joint and take in the view though.

We found ourselves heading through the Nieuwendijk and by the Old Style and the Pirate standing out front. Then heading across the street, and continued on. I was showing her a few of the coffeeshops we would be hitting on the crawl. Taking that customary left at Oudebrugsteeg and passing De Kuil Coffeeshop, then right on Damrak. It was time to get a shower and officially check into the Prinsenhof Hotel, and a number four was ringing its bell.
It was so wonderful to finally be able to get the luggage up to the room and have an unpacking session while MM had a shower. Then my turn came for the shower and she got a few things in order herself. Room #9 is all the way at the top of the hotel and what a climb it is. I rather enjoy it, and always love the way it makes you feel on top of the world. They had placed a vase on the cabinet that runs along the wall. In the vase were some beautiful light blue flowers, with a note taped to it saying “Welcome”... How sweet was that? Talking about being made to feel welcome, I really love these people. I still haven’t seen Mark yet, as he will be working later in the week.
MM just loved the place and found it to be quite the cozy retreat from the world. Not to mention a view of the Prinsengracht, and the back courtyard from the other window, that takes ones breath. There had been some changes to Room #9 and the very peak of the rafters had been covered with sheet rock. Moreover, the ceiling did not come to a full point. This was unusual to me, and I really didn’t know what to make of it at first. It seemed after a bit of discussion between us two; we considered it closure to the old and a sign of the new. I guess some things can be a shock at first, then later reasoned into ‘A Reason Why’, if that makes any sense at all.

Okay, enough of the room for now it was time to head back out and drink in more essence of the city. Magically transported to Damrak, heading in the direction of Dam Square we take a right at the end of the block and heading along side the courtyard. Of course, then beside the Royal Palace, across the road, and well, you guessed it,,,, Grey Area Coffeeshop, would be the second stop of the trip, as far as coffeeshops were concerned.
John as usual, was his same cheerful self. Always with a polite greeting, and no matter how long it has been since he has seen you, he seems to remember you on sight. He was asking how everything was going, and I said fantastic now. I had better get the initial stock of Grey Mist Crystals and some Grey Mist Bud, to start the trip off in fine fashion. He is always a pleasure to see, with his little cubbyhole full of treats and a big smile to make you feel at home. We got a few moments to talk with him before the place got too busy. I introduced him to Maid Marian and she seemed to instantly like him. Seeing him only on 'Insomniac', the real life version of John was a bit like a dream to MM. We talked with him about that show and he said that Dave was more of a drinker, and the one hit he did take, nailed him like a wall stud. He did say they had an enjoyable time during the shoot, and the crew was very nice as well.
He asked how BlueBerry was doing, and said she was always a fun person to have in the shop. He sent his best regards for BlueBerry, and said he hopes she comes back soon. John spoke highly of BB and remembers seeing her a lot last year. (One of his best customers he said.) He usually speaks with such passion when talking of things and this was no exception. He always talks of the good things and I have never heard him speak in a negative tone about anything.
We had a nice time smoking one up, but could only get a couple of the wall bar seats, that almost block the way when you come in. So, I left him with a music disc I had made for his shop as well, and he seemed all too happy to get it. What a friendly fellow he is. Now, with a few grams of some favored smoke, I am happy as a termite in a woodpile. Man, it has been a whole year since I have seen John, and it just hit me, what a year it has been. I am sure it has been an interesting year for him as well.

Finding ourselves wondering around and just looking over the Herengracht canal, just people and boat watching. Everything was moving rather slowly this Thursday evening. For one of the few moments in this day the wind and rain has slowed a bit as well. Thanks goodness, it was good to she MM, not shivering. After a short bit of looking around, I figured we could stand to visit another coffeeshop, but mostly to get a drink of any kind.
What better shop to hit for the Third Coffeeshop than the Amnesia Coffeeshop on the Herengracht. This is a really nice Coffeeshop, and tomorrow we will be having Channelites meeting here. I had yet another disc to give, and the Budtender was all too happy to have it. It was another classic rock disc, and I hope they enjoy it for some time to come. I got one of those famous Milkshakes and MM got a coffee to warm up. I asked about their 'Stella Blue' weed, as it was not on the menu at this time. I was told that it would be a while before they had anymore in stock. The Budtender did offer a close selection that he said was the mother plant of the Stella Blue. 'Amazon Queen' was the selection and I told him I would have a couple of grams of that.
Finding a nice piece of table right near the weed counter, and the Milkshake arrive shortly after. Man, this thing was truly off the charts. It was a condensed, compact chocolate milkshake. This was most definitely my choice for the best milkshake of my life. Not just that it was thick, it had a creamy and yet flavorful tasting bouquet. The weed was almost as good as the shake, and did have that 'Stella Blue' taste of last year’s memories. Now, the best part: When I thought I was finished with my shake, they came over and topped it off with the remaining part in the blender... Goodness, a milkshake with a free second helping,,, WOW!!! The ambiance of this shop is world class, with its friendly people and interesting customers. Not a lot of people were in the shop now, but at least 3 different generations were gathering in peaceful communion of the ghanja. It just doesn’t get any better than this!!! After spending nearly an hour in this nice little shop, we had developed a serious case of the need to eats.

Again, slicing through the weather, which was still a little better than the earlier part of the day, but only a little better? Headed upward to the North part of the city, we were unsure of what we wanted to eat. After making it almost to Central Station, we decided upon an 'Argentijns Restaurant' on the Nieuwendijk 40, called 'Madre Maria Steakhouse'. It is important that you remember the name, as the review will render the reasons why.
First thing, I would like to say is that I rarely give a bad review of a place in AMS. Everything is so magical, even a bad place is decent there. However, some times things are so terrible that you just have to write about them. The first question I asked stumped the fellow right off. I only asked what kind of tea they had. Well, ushered off to the next guy, we placed an order without further questions, feeling as though this would only confuse them further. I am positive we ordered a 250-gram Ribeye, and a Filet. What we got I am still not sure. It did resemble meat, and I am sure it was beef, so I didn't want to cause any problems, I went ahead and ate it, so did MM.
However, they were not really cooked to our liking, nonetheless we toughed it out. Even the nice couple beside us was saying how horrible their food was. After finishing half of it, we decided to have a cigarette and have a nice talk. A good bit had passed and I asked for the bill. Twice more asking for the bill, I just proceeded to the back to pay the bill. I was in such a crossed up state of mind I didn't even realize that the 51 Euro bill was not even what I had ordered or even been served. It was about 20 Euros more than what it should have been. To make things worse, I left our two Uurskaarts on the bench and didn't realize it until we were up the street a bit. Upon returning, the first guy told us that yes he had them. However, then the second guy said he didn't know what we were talking about. Well, enough is enough and we just left and laughed it off.
Years ago, I ate here and it was simply wonderful, this time I wished I had never came. Best thing I can think to say is, if you feel like you are having trouble asking a few simple questions to begin with,,,,,,, that should have been clue enough... Oh well, live and learn.

It was not raining too bad, well MM might disagree here, but we managed to walk around the Dam some and let her take her first evening views of Amsterdam. I still silently wonder how she must be drinking all this in. With vague memories of my first venture still filed away, I try to feel what she must be feeling. That is a tall order, would actually mean I would have to forget the vision of the past AMS sights,,,, provided I had actually been here... (Still continuing to keep MM wondering???) Many people coming and going in all directions, though not really that crowded as days of past. With a full day already in our footprints we decided to head home (Hotel) and play around. Seeing how I have already lost the Tram Uurskaarts, I just bought a strippenkaart for the trip to the Prinsengracht stop on Tram #4. Of course, not before grabbing a few colas for the room, as I am sure a few evening sample smokes will be causing significant cottonmouth.

When it is a cold and windy night in the end of June, a tram is a welcome sight.

I find myself at a loss for words as to the late part of the evening. I know 'playing around' is a widely used term in the world today, and maybe as well, it should be. There are all kinds of playing around and even levels of doing so. I can say that Amsterdam is indeed a most romantic city, and can bring the best/beast out in one. I have been to AMS before, but never under such passionate terms. Smoking would simply be an understatement of a grand proportion, as the evening was rather lengthy and very passionate... I have even heightened my level of "WOW". However, as each day gets better and better, I will elaborate on a later day in the report.

With lingerie tossed all over the room, it is now befitting to say "Goodnight".
See you on the next odd day...

Best of Regards,
LastHamlet
Last edited by LastHamlet on Sun Jul 25, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sun Jul 25, 4:54 pm

No more, "the Melancholy One".

It sounds as if ya'll are hittin it.

Amnesia was my first shoppe, my first vapo, my first couch.

Wonderful memories you dredged up there.

Thanks, LH... and keep 'em coming.
As I know you will.

It was a long time between trip reports from the King.

p.s. BB is doin fine. Just the usual pain-in-the-ass stuff. You know... like smokin' all the shite and me under the table.

WOOT!

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Oh Yes!!!

Postby LastHamlet » Sun Jul 25, 5:08 pm

Good to see you Bollocks, I really missed your "WOOT".
Glad to see all is well, and things are normal. It has been a whole year since I have had the pleasure of a trip report, that does seem a bit long.
Best Regards,
LastHamlet

Na, no more "the Melancholy One" Indeed.
Thanks a load Bollocks.
Last edited by LastHamlet on Tue Jul 27, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Sun Jul 25, 5:13 pm

Out of all the trip reports yours and Maid Marion's are most eagerly (SP?) awaited and a certain A Bollocks beats me to the 1st reply - never mind, Last Hamlet thankyou for an excellent report.. Looking forward the to the rest already...

...Boner...

editguy
power poster
power poster

Postby editguy » Sun Jul 25, 5:56 pm

Wow...Outstanding report! You have an outstanding way with words. Can't wait for more!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun Jul 25, 10:54 pm

Great 1st day, can't wait to read more. Looking forward to Maid Marian's style of writing as you've said it is very good. The weather you got first day sounds more like the April weather we experienced last trip over...brrrrr. I can just taste those Grey Mist buds and Crystals mmm mmm.

moe.

naughtynurse
regular
regular

Postby naughtynurse » Sun Jul 25, 10:58 pm

LH...you probably don't remember but I think we met you in April 2003 at De Kuil. My husband and I were on our 2nd trip..we are from Raleigh..you are towards the mountains if I recall correctly. We are going back the first week of October. Glad you and MM are having a great time. I look forward to future reports.

Enjoy

NN

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Mon Jul 26, 2:17 am

LH what a great report! Have read and reread your old reports over. Been a long time coming, looking forward to the next, thanks again.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Many Many Thanks.

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Jul 26, 3:11 am

Thanks a lot Boner, Editguy, Moe, Naughtynurse and Hank. You are all too kind. MM's report is gonna be off the chart, I got a peep at it. A small peep, but enough to know it is awesome...
Yes, I do remember meeting you and your husband in April 2003, Naughtynurse. Man, I was at that meeting for 4 hours, what a smokeout that was. I believe Roland showed you two a Church down the street from De Kuil. I believe that you used a different handle back then,,, CarolinaGirl or something??? I hope all is going well with you.
Many Best Regards All,
LastHamlet

Maid Marian
power poster
power poster

Nice Lead!!!

Postby Maid Marian » Mon Jul 26, 3:55 am

What a first day Baby!!! I'm so glad there are no great expectations of my 'Day Two'........HeHe

I must be insane to ever have conspired with you to do this report......All of y'all, cut me some slack, OK? It's hell to have to follow LH AND be writing of the same trip........

It was a fabulous read Baby, and Bollocks, you are absolutely right!!!!!! No more 'melancholy' Last Hamlet. Since our trip to A'dam, he may have to change his name. He certainly is a changed man....... WOW!!!

My report will be along in a few days.........Aargh.........THE PRESSURE

It was an extraordinary first day and you captured the whole feel extremely well............

Rock On Baby...........
Love........MM

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Mon Jul 26, 4:04 am

What can I say but,,, AWESOME!!!

<and this is just the first day...WOW, I can't wait for the rest>

It's great to hear Jon asked of me, he's a real sweet guy and I definitley AM one of his Best Customers ;)
Planning to see him again in NOV.
Whooohoo,, Amsterdam here I come...

Is It November Yet!?!

BlueBerry

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Mon Jul 26, 6:00 am

Freakin' great! Nice report. Can't wait for MM's.

Glad you 2 had a safe journey through paradise and wasn't bitten by any snakes.

Oooh! That first night takes me back to when my wife and I first spent the night in the Dam together. I couldn't find my wife's lingerie at first. It was all wrapped up in the blanket somewhere!

We'll just have to change your first name from "Last" to "Love" The "Love Hamlet" from now on!

ps. my wife liked your report! :-)

Peace-
seouleast

sweek
power poster
power poster

Postby sweek » Mon Jul 26, 1:22 pm

You pay 50 cents extra per ticket if you buy it at a counter instead of a machine, that's why you got those extra tickets. :).

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Well, Well

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Jul 27, 12:53 am

Thanks BlueBerry, John said "Hurry Back." However, he said send him a warning so he will be sure to stock up on his wares...:)
Glad your wife like it as well Seouleast, and Thanks to the both of you.
Thanks to you Sweek, now I know. If it is the price of not having to use the machines, so be it. I consider it well worth it. :)
Many Best Regards,
LastHamlet

Chiqui
power poster
power poster

Postby Chiqui » Tue Jul 27, 8:12 am

You have a great writing style! That's great you and Maid Marian had a magical time in Amsterdam. Just reading your report makes me long to go back there again....and I don't even smoke!
Looking forward to more reports from the dynamic duo.

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Well, Well

Postby BlueBerry » Tue Jul 27, 6:01 pm

LastHamlet wrote:Thanks BlueBerry, John said "Hurry Back." However, he said send him a warning so he will be sure to stock up on his wares...:)

November 14 can't be Hurried enough ;) It would be most considerate of me to give him a Fair Warning,, guess I will have to send my Wares List via fellow Channelites visiting in early NOV... HeHeHe

>>>Gotta have some of that YUMMY Greyberry!

BlueBerry

Max Flower
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Max Flower » Wed Jul 28, 3:04 am

Wow, It's like you were possessed by Rembrandt or Vermeer, Bravo LH, simply outstanding. Sorry to hear about your time at Madre Maria Steakhouse. Please paint more of these luscious images for us.

thank you.
MaxF

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Wed Jul 28, 3:21 am

I enjoyed reading your report very much. You really do know how to paint a picture with words LH. MM, I will like whatever you write. Thank you both for sharing.

milehigh

Max Flower
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Nice Lead!!!

Postby Max Flower » Wed Jul 28, 3:53 am

Maid Marian wrote:What a first day Baby!!!

You can say that again.

Hello Maid Marian,

Glad to hear you're not far from posting your reports MM... ahh more to look forward to. wow some great summer reading coming up here.

All the best MM.
MaxF

brandx

Postby brandx » Wed Jul 28, 6:19 am

X
Last edited by brandx on Thu Oct 04, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cerveza Inglesa
just in
just in

Postby Cerveza Inglesa » Wed Jul 28, 7:49 am

Thanks for the great report! Wasn't it great to be there with someone who had never been? Not to mention your lady? I am also a fan of the grey mist crystals. Closest thing I've found that gives a vapo effect.

Thanks again to you both and I'm looking forward to more.

CI

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Wed Jul 28, 1:10 pm

Great read, LH.

Looking forward to another series of excellent field reports. Now I'll checkout this section first to see the upcoming reports.

Alaways nice to share the Amsterdam experience with a friend, especially a newbie to mecca.

Dogbreath :-)

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Wow. Thanks

Postby LastHamlet » Wed Jul 28, 1:24 pm

Thanks to everybody, you people are the greatest...

I do believe Maid Marian's report is coming out by the end of the week, and I can't wait to read it myself.
I wished we were still back there, as usual I miss it.
Thanks All,
LastHamlet

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Wed Jul 28, 2:52 pm

Its the 'Summer Blockbuster' event... good to see you've made it back safely, and are in fine form... keep 'em coming!

T_Tec
participating
participating
Location: in Scotland, halfway to somewhere, but nowhere near anywhere

Postby T_Tec » Thu Jul 29, 5:26 pm

Hi LH

Been visiting this site for a couple of weeks but only regestered this week, got to say I loved your report, seemed to capture the magic of amsterdam to a tee, especially liked your attempts to see inside MM,s head and second guess what she must be feeling .
Look forward to reading the next instalments , and i'm sure that MM will continue the tale with all the enthusiasm of LH (well it was HER First trip !!).
Anyway if the rest of it is as good you should send it to the amsterdam tourist board and they can use it as one of their promotional brouchures ( hey LH got the pics to go with it lol ), or to a publisher as a short story (or small novel if the first post is anything to go by !)
anyway keep up the good work and thanks for a great read

T_Tec

GT
power poster
power poster

at last

Postby GT » Fri Jul 30, 1:54 pm

i can't add to the above comments other than to say thank you for the walkabout, and congratulations to the both of you on your bliss, may it ever last.

best regards
gt

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Re: at last

Postby a bollocks » Fri Jul 30, 6:08 pm

GT wrote:i can't add to the above comments other than to say thank you for the walkabout, and congratulations to the both of you on your bliss, may it ever last.

best regards
gt

Jesus H.

Where have you been? Out of your brain on the 5:15?

out of your brain on the train.

CornShucker.

WOOT!

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Fri Jul 30, 9:22 pm

Got a late start reading up on your trip, LH.
Glad to have you posting your excellent reports once again!

LastHamlet wrote:He asked how BlueBerry was doing, and said she was always a fun person to have in the shop. He sent his best regards for BlueBerry, and said he hopes she comes back soon. John spoke highly of BB and remembers seeing her a lot last year.

Yes, John and BB do get along quite well as I observed when BB and I
stopped in at the Grey Area last September. The place was empty and
I just parked it and smoked while those two chatted away and BB
picked out some nice buds. She is definitely a good customer there:)

sweek
power poster
power poster

Postby sweek » Fri Jul 30, 9:57 pm

Really a great review, i don't know why i didn't mention that in the previouw post. :).

Johannes
super poster
super poster

Postby Johannes » Sun Aug 01, 5:43 am

LastHamlet, so great to see the bard is back! Thanks for regaling us once again. Looking forward to every next word in the odd and even perspectives.

Best Regards,
Johannes

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”