Amsterdam-the rest of the story

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Mike
mega power poster
mega power poster

Amsterdam-the rest of the story

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 21, 5:35 am

It has been almost 3 weeks since I have been back so I will try to remember the rest of my visit to Amsterdam.

Best Western Hotel-The hotel itself lacked character but breakfast was included and it did save me some money. The breakfast was ok but I did get tired of it after 3 or 4 days. The rooms were made every day. They were small but the bed was comfrotable and had a TV and a desk in it. Now that I think back there was one morning (or afternoon I should say) that I slept in and the maid knocked on my door then entered. I was still in bed in my undrewear. On top of the covers of course. She said sorry and I said thats ok and she said she would come back later. Didn't seem to bother her at all. I was thinking Europian women are probably use to this. I got dressed said hi to her in the hallway as I made my way downstairs for breakfast, which I missed because it was like 2:00 in the afternoon. But anyway I would recommend this hotel but just don't expect alot from the rooms. Location of this hotel is super. Right by the Rembrantplien. And on the Amstel River even though I couldn't see the river from my window. The windows open in this hotel and I smelled plenty of pot being smoked while walking down the hallways.

Now for the gay scene in Amsterdam. People there are very tolerant(sp). My two favorite bars were The Hot Spot Cafe and the Amstel Tavern. They were both very friendly places and the staff made me feel right at home. Pierre from the Hot Spot Cafe was the owner and a great guy to talk to. I spent alot of time in that tavern and I only had to stagger 100 yards each night to get back to the hotel (again great location) The Amstel Tavern was about 100 more yards away from the Hot Spot Cafe. Fiendly staff and patrons make you feel very welcome. The one thing that sticks out in my mind about the Amstel Tavern is on the weekend I was in there and everyone was signing and dancing(the Dutch are the most signing dancing people I have ever seen) Anyway the Bar tender put on an old song by Doris Day called "Kay Serra Serra"(sp) everyone in the bar pours out into the street singing along with the song and dancing. I'm sitting there thinking "We're all gonna get killed" as the people along the street stopped to watch. After they had finished the song all the people that had stopped along the steer to watch started applauding for them. I was quite shocked by this. I told them you would never get away with that in America. They were very proud of themselfs. I fell in love with Amsterdam right then and there.

Then there was the B-1 movie theater just off the Rembrantplien. A darkend movie theater that shows str8 flicks and the 1st floor and gay flicks on the second floor and to be honest I never did make it to the 3rd floor to see what was up there. The place has dark rooms (but I could barely see where they were showing the films) Maybe 10 seats to sit and watch the movies with 2 couches in the back. Use your imagination what the couches were for. This is a place you go if you want to just have sex with no strings attached. Of course I would never do such a thing! But it did take me a couple hours to get out of there.

The Blue Boy/Why Not club is a bar, brothel, strip club, and live sex shows. This place is all about money. The strip show was good and alot of fun but that was all I went to there. Nice boys but they play the $$$ game.But I knew that before I went.

OK enough gay stuff... Puccine chocolates are to die for.Rightacross the Amstel river from the Rembrantplien. The pastries that the bakerys make are total heaven. I ate at a FEBO twice. I have had worse but I thought it tasted very good while drunk(alot like White Castles). Rikjsmuseum a must see and so is Vongle Park.

Coffeeshops- Bushdoctor has great gear but not a real good place to sit and smoke your weed. Stix has good gear and is a great place to sit and smoke. Friendly staff but the place is small. Dampkring- very good pot calledvery cool place to smoke it in too, friendly staff. The Abraxus-What can I say the White Widow pot there is killer and the space shakes are divine. Great place to sit and smoke gear BUT staff was almost to the point of being rude. Pretty girl working there but had an attude for some reason.

I walked the RDL at night. It was very interesting. Some girls were very pretty and some were not so pretty. They were all tapping on the windows and posing sexy. Needless to say I didn't try out their wares. LOL

I met 2 young guys from Philly that had been in Smokeys coffeeshop that day and were very disappointed in the gear so I directed them to the Bushdoctor. I saw them the next night in the Hot Spot Cafe and they were very happy with what they bought at the Bushdoctor. Thanks tothis forumI knew alot more that the average first timer to Amsterdam. I had the answer to many peoples questions and it came in handy alot.

I had no problem at all with the tram system there. Other than about getting ran over by one. Remember to get on the back of the newer trams. Get on the front of the older ones.

Well......if I think of anything else I will write another story but that is about it for now except to say thanks to all the Channelites for their help. I am starting to save money for my next trip to Amsterdam. I really loved the place and can honestly say for the first time that I went on vacation I was not ready to come home. I almost cried when I had to tell everyone bye. But I will go back......

Gidget
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Gidget » Mon Jun 21, 6:09 am

Great trip reports Mike! I've been looking forward to reading a trip report from a first timer. Glad you had such a memorable vacation.

bigbird
super poster
super poster

Postby bigbird » Mon Jun 21, 6:21 am

Great report.I love the visual of a crowd of people singing an old Doris Day song out in the streets and having people get into the moment.I look forward to more of your prose.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Mon Jun 21, 11:15 am

Loved the trip report Mike glad you had fun :)

...Boner...

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Mon Jun 21, 1:51 pm

Nice report, Mike.

As you have discovered, visiting Amsterdam can be habit forming.

:-) Dogbreath

nellie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby nellie » Mon Jun 21, 2:58 pm

The stories I could tell you of fun nights in the Amstel Tavern......

Are you aware that the road that evryone blocks when singing is one of the main routes from the motorway into central amsterdam, now thats what I call tolerance By the way its que sera sera (italian) what will be will be Oh god I feel a doris coming on!!!!

brandx

Postby brandx » Mon Jun 21, 3:36 pm

X
Last edited by brandx on Wed Oct 03, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chiqui
power poster
power poster

Postby Chiqui » Wed Jun 23, 7:14 am

It's good to finally read a trip report from you. Been reading your posts leading up to your vacation. Looks like your vacation exceeded your expectations!

stiffoak571
power poster
power poster

Postby stiffoak571 » Wed Jun 23, 7:57 am

sound like a good trip - think I will try out B1 cinema as well when Im there - there was a series of messages about Glory Holes on the RLD forum which made it sound sleazy but interesting!

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Wed Jun 23, 9:29 pm

Nice report, Mike. Thanks for posting it.

If you're already saving for your next trip to
Amsterdam, you know you're already "hooked"!

Aren't we all:)

ps Why not try and make it to the big 10 year
anniversary bash next April?

Mike
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 24, 4:13 am

I'm going to try to be there. :>)

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby dannymac » Sat Jul 03, 4:09 am

That's great Mike, hope to see you there.

BTW, great trip report. It appears you had a great time, as I suspected you would.

BaronBudz
regular
regular

Postby BaronBudz » Sun Jul 04, 11:02 am

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY BASH! Whaaaaaaaaaaa? 10 years of the channels? Mmmmmm...April. 4:20. Meeeeemooooorieeeeesssss.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”