"Fat Stoned and Stupid" or "3 days in Amsterd

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Island Dreamer
participating
participating

"Fat Stoned and Stupid" or "3 days in Amsterd

Postby Island Dreamer » Fri Jun 18, 3:00 am

This is my first trip report for Channels but my 3rd trip to Amsterdam. After concluding a business trip to Northern Europe, I was able to spend 3 wonderful days, June 10th to 13th in our favorite city.

Firstly, I'm a new smoker. Never even tried it until my first trip to Amsterdam at age 49 in March 2003. On that trip, I did the musuem thing. I hit all the major ones in 4 days, sore feet resulted. Lesson Learned: Don't wear new shoes to Amsterdam. Although a cigarette smoker for 30 plus years I had never smoked weed until that trip and then didn't try it till the last day. I stopped in Rokerij, bought some Northern Lights and a pipe, went back to my hotel and gave it a try. Didn't really feel much but then I'm wasn't really sure what the effect was.

My next trip was in December for 3 days and I had a wonderful stay in a Club Room at the Crowne Plaza. I had vowed to myself I was going to get high no matter what. I stopped in De Kuil and based upon the advice here, picked up a gram of blueberry. Went back to the hotel, got out on my balcony and proceeded to have my first high. Needless to say it was enjoyable. I was thrilled with the visual effects,the feeling in my head and just the whole experience. On that trip, I only smoked in my room and only in the evenings but it was enough to wet my appetite for more. Which brings me to my most recent trip.

After my December trip and after reading all of the wonderful reports here on Channels, I decided at my next opportunity, the whole goal of the trip would be to do my best imitation of the "stoned" American tourist. I am happy to report that I succeeded.

My flight to Amsterdam arrived about 6PM and already knowing the city, I proceeded to take the Connexion Shuttle to the Avenue Hotel just down the street from the Crowne Plaza where I stayed in December. I selected the Avenue because I knew the area from my previous trips and the price (booked thru Channels) was good, 85 Euro's with breakfast per night. The single room was small, don't have a big suitcase with you like I did. If you leave it open, it takes about half the available floorspace. But then thats not important, you need a bed, a shower with hot water and pressure and if you want to smoke in your room, a window that opens. Needless to say, the Avenue had all those things. I smoked there throughout my stay, open window and towel at the door. I wasn't alone with smoking as while not overpowering, a familiar odor was detected over the next days. No signs at the desk or in the hotel info brochures. Be courteous and I think no problems with smoking at the Avenue.

Over the course of the next 3 days, I did the following:

Smoked about 4 grams of weed (Ratings to follow)
Visited 4 coffee shops (smoked in 3 of them, Ratings to follow)
Spent about 2 hours in Cannabis College listening to this very pretty English girl teach about how to grow cannabis.
Took the train to Haarlem, walked around for a few hours and saw the sights.
Spent most all of saturday high bouncing from shop to shop, or as you Channelite regulars would call it, a "lightweight's crawl".
Flew home sunday, wishing I had booked about another week.

Weed Ratings:

Blueberry (De Kuil) My trip favorite and the one I wish I had bought more of. Although not that experienced, I found this to be the weed that gave me the best high. Still got all the visual trippy effects from my December trip and this strain remains high on the list for the next trip.

Extasy (Homegrown Fantasy) The weed man at the shop said if I liked Blueberry I would like this. Not quite the same kind of high but still a very good smoke.

Powerplant (Willie Wortel's Sativa in Haarlem) I found this to be an excellent walking around daytime smoke. I smoked this before I returned back to Amsterdam and it didn't make me want to sit down and just space out like the Blueberry. I particularly enjoyed the train ride back after smoking a bowl of this.

Orange Bud (Homegrown Fantasy) I was not particularly impressed with this strain. It gets you up but.....I really don't remember it being all that special.

Coffee Shop Ratings--(Only the ones I actually smoked in)

Homegrown Fantasy I made 3 visits there and enjoyed the atmosphere. Not real crowded, music wasn't overpowering and excellent coffee.

Betty Boop I stopped in here after my trip to Haarlem. Very small, louder music tending toward rap. Small barstools and seemed a bit claustrophobic to me. Not nearly as pleasant as Homegrown.

Willie Wortels Sativa I was there around 11 on satuday morning. Not real busy except for a lot of in and out traffic. It had the most comfortable seats of any of the shops and excellent coffee. I could have stayed longer but there wasn't anybody to talk to. Slow day I guess. Deserves another visit in the evening.

On the whole I'm ready to go back tomorrow and explore my favorite city more. I have a few more shops to visit (Abraxis, Amnesia, Grey Area, Siberie and on and on).

What I've learned:

There's a whole lot of propaganda out there that's just plain wrong.
The Dutch are wonderful people.
And....

Life ain't bad if you're a fifty year old stoner wandering around Amsterdam.

ISLAND DREAMER

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Fri Jun 18, 4:27 am

Excellent report dude. I am a 45 year old stoner that loves wandering around Amsterdam. Age there makes no difference at all. One of it's great attributes I think.

The way you descibe your buzz is great. We don't talk about what the weed really does much. Thanks again.

milehigh

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Fri Jun 18, 3:31 pm

Enjoyed the report - thanks..

...Boner...

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Fri Jun 18, 4:46 pm

Island Dreamer wrote:Firstly, I'm a new smoker. Never even tried it until my first trip to Amsterdam at age 49 in March 2003.

Better late than never:)

Great report, ID. Look forward to reading more.

BTW, did that shake from Abraxas have any noticeable effect?
I've tried numerous space shakes, cakes, and bon bons with
no success.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Fri Jun 18, 8:44 pm

viking wrote:BTW, did that shake from Abraxas have any noticeable effect?
I've tried numerous space shakes, cakes, and bon bons with
no success.

From what I've read about you Viking I'm not F'N suprised you feel no effect :)

...Boner...

DutchBarbie2000
regular
regular

Postby DutchBarbie2000 » Fri Jun 18, 11:20 pm

Glad you are in the club... you sound like you had an awesome time

stiffoak571
power poster
power poster

Postby stiffoak571 » Sat Jun 19, 6:44 am

good one!

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Interesting

Postby LastHamlet » Sat Jun 19, 2:22 pm

That is a very interesting story.
And what a powerful ending statement!!! I could not have said it any better myself. Wonderful adventures, so glad you posted them.
Island dreamer wrote: What I've learned:

There's a whole lot of propaganda out there that's just plain wrong.
The Dutch are wonderful people.
And....

Life ain't bad if you're a fifty year old stoner wandering around Amsterdam.

ISLAND DREAMER

BTW, did you notice how they marked the toilets at WW Sativa Coffeeshop? The ladies room in particular?
Best Regards,
LH

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sat Jun 19, 3:28 pm

Welcome to the club! Nice report!

Johannes
super poster
super poster

Postby Johannes » Sat Jun 19, 6:49 pm

Very nice report Island Dreamer. I second MileHigh's thought about it being cool the way you described the buzz.

Island Dreamer
participating
participating

Postby Island Dreamer » Sat Jun 19, 9:43 pm

Thanks to everyone for your kind responses to my humble report.

Last Hamlet,

Afraid I didn't notice the bathrooms in WW Sativa in Haarlem. Something to check next time I guess.

Island Dreamer

RickyRicardo
new
new

Postby RickyRicardo » Sun Jun 20, 6:35 am

great report Isle

I knew you had it in you.

Lucy? I'm home!

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Tue Jun 29, 5:23 am

Thanks for the cool report, I liked your insight of the first significant smoke for you, brings back memories. I always thought life was pretty good for a 60 yr old to wander around the Dam, whew, how the time flies......

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sat Apr 18, 2:56 am

bump .

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”