May 03rd – Day 6 – The Report

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

May 03rd – Day 6 – The Report

Postby lctricity » Fri May 21, 4:41 am

9:00am – Well, yesterday rocked for making the rounds, hopefully today will be another! Could go for some more sun as it’s on the cloudy and cool side today. I must be getting spoiled from all the nice weather lately. We’ll see what happens.

Whoop; There he is! Ben. 9:05am – Broke out the combo doob this morning with some Silver Pearl, Amnesia Haze, Grey Haze and some Grey Mist Crystals for good measure of course. If the crystals are there they’re getting’ used! Too bad I didn’t try a few on my cereal each morning. On a side note I did melt a gram of moroc into a tablespoon of butter over a candle and spread it on my toast the last morning before hitting the scene… Effects were zilch! Is it possible to have a tolerance so high that you’re able to consume a gram of hash and feel no effects??? Nice chill day and Monday to boot. Thank God, so perhaps there will be more than just Coffeeshops open today.

Ben shows up sometime before 9:30am and we commence to performing our morning ritual of cannabis consumption. This time in the form of a few smooth tokin’ pure wiet and hash joints. Getting more adept by the day with my Dutch filtered rolling techniques I am on a roll, literally. By my insistence, with a slight protest from the dark, sunken eyed Tunisian that sits in my not so comfortable folding chair, we make our way through no less than 2 doobs of the previously described combos. Aaaaahhh, not to bad a way to start the day; Screw Foldgers!

Ben offers the suggestion of taking a stroll, and having blown him off for 3 or 4 days previous I decide to appease the man and we head to Vondelpark. I need to snap a few pics anyhow. As we make our way back to the familiar surroundings of the park I am extremely grateful not to be under the influence of my little Hawaiian Fungi Friends from the previous Saturday. What a beautiful park this is, even straight (well buzzed). It is on this particular morning that I am able to experience my first true taste of freedom by rolling and smoking several doobs at various benches throughout the park in broad daylight. Being apprehensive at first I realize where I am and am going with the flow in no time, giving myself over to what has been beaten into my head as “wrong” by American morality/legality. What an incredible, freeing feeling.

I must elaborate at this point on the feelings of absolute acceptance and ease from the people I have come to associate myself with here. It’s an understandable yet very surreal feeling to have the strains of conformity lifted for even a short period of time while abroad. Talk about being able to be yourself for a change, rather than being “low key” for fear of reprisal.

2:20pm – Well it’s been real this morning with Ben but it is now afternoon and there are things that need to be done, mainly hitting more Coffeeshops and finding more new strains of cannabis to consume. What a life! Make it back to the hotel for a final smoke with Ben before parting ways. My notes tell me we smoked up some Grey Haze and Blueberry from the Noon, surely a sweet joint although not from memory. What’s memory?

5:18pm – Just finished checking out Abaraxas for the first time. Chill vibe in this place, with 3 spacious levels to partake in whatever buzzables you have in your posssesion. Sittin’ good on stash and not yet having experienced Space Products I order up a Hash Brownie before ascending the levels to the very top “Grow Room” portion of the shop. There I find 4 skater types sprawled out in the corner area adjacent to the entry stairs with happy grins propping each other up in a state of delirium. I sit and snarf down half of my brownie (which supposedly contains half a gram of moroc hash), saving the rest for later in order to discern any effects that might be making their way to my THC infused brain. After rollin up the rest of my stash from The Doors, which included Crystal and Super Skunk – both mediocre at best, time to get the hell rid of it then right? Anyway, after smoking half my joint and taking a bunch of pics of the beautiful near mature buds in the glass encased grow room I offer a hit to the table of amiable stoners that I feel akin to having not spoken a word.

Turns out these guys are from Switzerland. One had been to the US and two spoke good English. Seems most “foreigners” speak great English, in large part I learned due to Western Media and TV shows. This drives many of the younger citizens especially to become fluent in English in order to discern popular forms of entertainment, whether that be music, film or TV. Shared a few fat doobs with these guys before they carefuly made their collective exit after several hours of chillin’ om the top floor of this fine shop. Interesting visit and strong affirmation of the fact that cannabis does indeed unite no matter where we’re all from individually. It’s surprising how welcoming and hospitable most of the people I met overseas were, compared to your average American venue that is. Even when they find out where I’m from they’re decent, which says a lot considering. Nice to know we don’t get the blame on a personal level even though our Gov’t continues to make life hell for many Europeans. Enuff Politics!

Onto to AnyDay for the coveted “original” Vaporizers and Stella Blue! Arrived to find a very gracious dealer and plenty of available window seats next to the Vapos. I must be honest in the fact that I thought Amnesia had a much better looking Stella Blue on hand than here, but the stone was actually on par if not a step above on the AnyDay version. Go figure huh? It just goes to show that “you can’t judge a stone by it’s cover”. Picked up a couple of oddball purchases for the road in the form of 5 euros each of Orange Bud and Ugly (a really nice Sativa that looked worse than it’s namesake). Gotta love the shops that aim to please with 5 euro sample purchases. Highly recommended method of sampling the many wares on offer in this fine town, and elsewhere in the country. Managed to snap a menu pic before making my way onward.

After meandering my way out of the vicinity of AnyDay I come across a totally unexpected shop, being Utopia! Recognizing the name from all of the controversy surrounding the mystery wooden box menu pic from this Forum, I had to stop in for a doob. Sure enough up to the counter and the illustrious wooden box makes it’s much anticipated appearance. Very much similar to the menu offered at Central CS along with the same nice deals. You’d be tough pressed to tell a difference between the two bozes, that’s for sure. Great selection on hand and very chill vibe so I settle on a nice Santa Maria which is recommended as some of the “Stoniest” on hand. Chilled at the bar with a long haired local and the dealer. Both of which where extremely friendly and chatty. We discussed the fact that an average citizens’ finances in The Netherlands sucked just as bad as the US. They also engaged me with tales of crazy semi-pro soccer matches and Tour De France parties that take place in the Swiss Alps each year. Explaining how incredible it was to witness all of the craziness from the edge of a sheer mountain cliff as the bikes slide around the ice and come perilously close to the edge. Wow! Sounds like fun to me.

Betty Boop CS was next and I have to say that I was not impressed. Ordered up a pre-roll hash joint and began smoking it like it was a pure joint. Mistake! I realized about half way through that this was mostly tobacco and I began sweating profusely being very woozy from the Nicotine. Thankfully I downed a couple of packs of sugar and what seemed like hours later was able to order a Coke after the bartender was able to pull herself away from the male guest she was flirting with. Pretty sad feeling to get your first whitee from a glorified cigarette!! Needless to say I got my bearings and got the hell outta this place. The chick was snippity about taking a menu pic too. Boo-freakin’-hoo; You guys ain’t missin’ a thing by passing on this place. Been there done it and wouldn’ again if you paid me. Perhaps a harsh critique but I’d recommend against it.

Made my way up the street to Old Style and couldn’t resist at least a beer in this place having read Last Hamlet’s reports and seeing his pic behind the dealers counter. The place seems to be a remnant of it’s former self but I was lucky enough to meet a cool local regular (Olaf) and had a beer on the terrace (where it is incidentally not accepted to smoke). Chalked it up to charming but unfortunately lacking for what I was seeking at the time; Mostly being some fuzzy budlets to incinerate!

8:20pm – Here at Rastababy smoking a “pure” (NOT) Skunk pre-roll. The newly transplanted British dealer/bartender was a really charming fellow who had only been working and living in Amsterdam for about a month and was lovin’ every minute of the fact he was a dealer in an Amsterdam CS. What a life!! Asked about the Space products but wasn’t real impressed with the lack of knowledge on their content so passed on any purchases, Got to meet the female owner who was more than gracious to let me snap several pics of the menu until I got one that worked. Cool cats hang out here too. No really; Cats. Chilled on the terrace at Dusk before headin’ to Greenhouse Effect.

My notes tell me I smoked some nice Indica by the name of “Slide” here but I have no memory of this at this point. Colored dealer chick got into it with some guy who was bitchin about his bag being all shake and no buds. Given the option of givin’ the weed back and taking his business elsewhere he opted to keep the stash and split. Having seen the guys bags I was sympathetic and surprised he didn’t take his money back. “Slide” is absolutely recommended, but not based on this visit. More details in an upcoming report.

Getting late but must hit Hunters Bar seeings how it is less than a half a block away. Can’t help but think of budulike2 when I hit this place, being his “regular” hangout. Hopefully the poor little Brit made it home safely by this point. Too bad his buds let him down like they did earlier in the week. Finally made an actual purchase here in the form of King White Willem ( an oh so common White Widwo knock off) that looked real niceand smoked just the same. There was a Moroccan kid waiting to purchase a bag but was short on cash. I sold him half of my stash for the 2.50 he had and obviously made his night. Yet another International Interaction!

1:10am - Grabbed some cash and off to Hotel The Crown to see if jjk4h is around. No such luck so I call it a night and head up to Centraal Station to catch a night bus. What is the deal with the night buses?!! Whoever said they run every half hour is full of it!! I’ve been waiting almost an hour and no bus! Live and learn but not real thrilled with this scenario as it’s cold and I’m beat.

3:40am – Made it home. Safe, sound and dead! Finally got off the bus after riding around for what seemed to be an hour. I don’t get the route, schedule or meaning behind these freakin’ night buses at this point. Just real grateful to be kickin back and fixin’ to crash. What a day?!!!

Here are a few pics I figured I'd go ahead and post to Yahoo! even though they kill the resolution. It's easy and free. Check 'em out! Wiet pics to come soon on a real server. Look in the folder "Amsterdam 2004"

http://photos.yahoo.com/riversideproductions

More reports coming soon....

Mike
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Mike » Fri May 21, 3:07 pm

Great story...I enjoyed it alot.....3 more days and I'll be in Amsterdam

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Simply Wonderful

Postby LastHamlet » Tue May 25, 7:06 pm

I was in awe.
You know the quality of trip reports is going up indeed. With all the new and very talented trip report writer's arriving on the scene, it is like reading one, and spending the day with you guys.
Fantastic Report lctricity, very similar to a world class crawl.
Best Regards,
LH

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: May 03rd – Day 6 – The Report

Postby LastHamlet » Tue May 25, 7:20 pm

lctricity wrote:Made my way up the street to Old Style and couldn’t resist at least a beer in this place having read Last Hamlet’s reports and seeing his pic behind the dealers counter. The place seems to be a remnant of it’s former self but I was lucky enough to meet a cool local regular (Olaf) and had a beer on the terrace (where it is incidentally not accepted to smoke). Chalked it up to charming but unfortunately lacking for what I was seeking at the time; Mostly being some fuzzy budlets to incinerate!

As we may all be in years to pass, remnants of our former self.
Prolific Words lctricity, I found myself holding head low for my friends at the Old Style. What a strange World it really is..
Grand Report lctricity.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Wed May 26, 12:23 am

...................................ICKY-ICKY PaaaaaTANG!........................

You are getting real good at these trippers. Wonderful stuff!

Thanks!

WOOT!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”