May 01st - Shroomin' Day - Day 4 - The Report

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

May 01st - Shroomin' Day - Day 4 - The Report

Postby lctricity » Tue May 18, 9:25 pm

Got up at 8:45am instead of 7:00am which gave me a good 6 hours of sleep. Man, I needed that! Even made it to breakfast before 9:30am. Another beautiful sunny day! By this time I have a healthy stash and plenty to pick from so I decide to start the day off with some Stella Blue and Grey Mist Crystals through my fine glass bowl. Ben shows up after my session is in session and proceeds to cough his brains out, unaccustomed to drawing slowly and shortly for a smoother more enjoyable hit. I wish I could have snapped a picture of his contorted face every time he took a hit off that thing. No matter how many times I’d tell him to take is easy. LOL

Unfortunately my buddy Ben hadn’t been contributing to our morning smokes and I’m quickly growing weary as I’m supposed to be on vacation and free of obligation. This morning he begins talking about losing his money and waiting for more to come in the mail from home. All together now… “Red Flag!” I quickly tell him I’m having trouble accessing my funds as well, etc., etc. so he’ll leave me alone about it. Throw him a few papers and some nice Blueberry buds from my big 5-gram bag and tell him I’ve gotta run to meet some fine folks I met online. Situation dealt with and much the wiser as of this morning. BTW, I tipped the maid with a few BB buds as well, after confirming he smoked. He was much appreciative and even commented how nice they were the following morning.

It’s about 10:30am as I hit the ATM conveniently located across the street and hop the tram to wander the Centrum and snap a few pics before the Noon Channelite Meet at Greenhouse Centrum. The vibe in the old part of town around De Waag / Nieuwmarkt is great in the morning hours with the sun becoming more intense along with the shadows. The cleanup from Queens Day is still in full swing but they’ve made substantial progress over the morning hours. It was incredible to watch old shops opening for the day and horse drawn carriages making their way through the old streets and bridges. What a great morning!

Made it to Greenhouse Centrum right at noon to find LUNACHICK, hubby and jjk4h sitting at a choice spot on the terrace right along the canal. Just as I had hoped. It was quite mellow there with a small crowd but nothing massive by any means. LUNACHICK and hubby appeared much more rested than I had last saw them upon their arrival at Dampkring two days previous. I said my hello’s and went to view the menu as this was my first Greenhouse chain experience. Too bad the dealer was on the disinterested and “eye-rolling” side; Like it was actually uncomfortable for him to have to make eye contact, speak and open up stash boxes for inspection. I was NOT in the mood after having had such a great morning and did a 180 to the bar, grabbed a cappuccino and made my way back to the terrace with stash in tow (he,he,he).

We proceeded to have a fine morning smoke amongst overselves as no one else ended up showing. Ah well, Queens Day was a riot and things do happen. God knows I missed my share of meets over the 2 weeks I was there. Did miss the extra company that would’ve made for a bigger smoke out! We made the best of it and I broke out some Buddah’s Sister Haze I had left along with some NYC Diesel that LUNACHICKS’ hubby was passing around in dapanther99’s little glass oval pipe contraption that he had passed onto them. I believe dapanther99 was due to fly out at 10:30am that morning. (This part is fuzzy but this is how I remember it – if someone else remembers it different please add your comments). Nice hang at Greenhouse and we ended up parting ways after an hour or so due to people wanting to get to museums and what not before it got too late.

Myself and jjk4h decided to go ahead and follow through with our plan to do some shrooms and made our way to Conscious Dreams 'Kokopelli' on Warmoesstraat. Having stopped in for a minute or two a few days earlier I knew I wanted to try the Hawaiians for something totally different than what is usually available around me. With my most intense trips behind me I was not wanting to go over board so got the go ahead from the nice chick behind the counter for a half dose, which she kindly made an exception to the rule of selling only full doses. Jjk4h opted for a full dose, which I would later be very grateful not to have consumed. Bonus of the Day – The Shrooms were “dry”!! I highly recommend this shop for all your “smart” needs. Very chill atmosphere and informative, friendly staff. The plan was to make it down to Vondelpark and just so happened my hotel was a block away. Not wanting to walk I talked jjk4h into getting a 24hour tram pass and we were on our way.

Arrived at the hotel and were downing the shrooms with some OJ at 2:45pm. No less than 15 or 20 minutes later reality starts twisting and it becomes more difficult to focus and feels strange to move and walk. No laughing or speedy feelings at all. More like being a little drunk to be honest. Being on the 2nd floor of the hotel I gather my stuff and call for a hasty exit before we get too messed up to make it down the stairs. Off to Vondelpark we go and by the time we make it things are coming on strong. We wander around and make our way to a row of benches on the other side of a small pond directly across from the Film Museum. What an incredible place to come on to these incredible fungi. After a good hour or two I decide to retreat back to my room and deal with a phone call or two. The overwhelming feeling of lying down was overtaking quick and I needed my space. Said goodbye to jjk4h after making sure he was cool with the area and how to get around. I knew that he was reeling having taken twice as much as myself. Saw a wicked rollerblade/bicycle accident on the way back to the hotel. Ouch! Thankfully they were both all right but shaken nonetheless.

The rest of my shroom trip is sketchy at best to recall. I’ve copied the notes from my journal verbatim to give you a sense of the alternate universe I was experiencing. Whoa!

5pm – Should be another 4 hours of this but I’m adjusting better now that I’m in a controlled environment. Things were just getting a little weird at the park because of the feelings of wanting to lie down and have some personal space. Emotional thinking about home, had to stop writing for a minute, Very intense yet controlled – pick the path and stay for the journey or turn around and find your way back and choose another… Sleep now…This is where I want to be right now, alone and no plans, nice weather, birds singing oh so beautifully Aaaaaahhh? MUSIC! Dreamstate Immaculate – Mind Roller Coaster – Day Dream Trip – I haven’t been “FREE” since I arrived!! If I don’t make the meet tonight then “No Prolems.” “OK.”

The birds are making beautiful music bringing tears to my eyes, there is no need for the MP3 player at all. What a soundtrack nature is providing! Incredible – True Paradise! So much so it overwhelms my entire being. What an incredible gift to be blessed with the realization of realizing that… This is being in love with the world and the doorway to view a miniscule amount of what it may be like in what’s to come beyond this earth. Racing of the mind and like an engine about to blow a rod. Rounding the corner to the park earlier was just like The Wizard of Oz synced to the Dark Side of The Moon when Dorothy opens the door and everything turns from black and white to color as “Money” kicks in. To the “T”! It’s like fighting to stay awake to try and write down all of my thoughts right now. This is the perfect warm fuzzy feeling of comfort.

6:44pm – Thinking about smoking a bit to see what happens but can’t get my shit together enough to make it happen. Tooo lazeeeee. HeaV Got to get up and move and eat. This is too f’n much! Went to the grocery store and started getting paranoid and sad on the way back to the hotel. Very lonely feeling realizing I am indeed all alone right now. Enough already, I want off the ride. Well I guess you can officially say you did it now. Was it FUN? No Problems?!!! F’n Dumbass. Wonder how jjk4h is feeling about now; OUCH! Poor f*cker indeed. Feels a little better to eat but I’m still toast. Time to lie down and try and sleep the rest off.

12:12am – Well I am officially “OFF” the ride. THANK GOD!!! That was an experience all right. So grateful to have been in a safe environment for all the BS emotional pain and sadness trip. High’s and low’s all the way. Beautiful to the point of sadness, too many emotions and issues bubbling to the surface in such an intense way via the shrooms. Unlike ANY other trip I’ve ever taken. Not again on this vacation though, Thanks again for the half dose too! Time to load some Shiva from Amnesia and chill the “f” out! Lookin’ forward to the new day.

Here are a few pics I figured I'd go ahead and post to Yahoo! even though they kill the resolution. It's easy and free. Check 'em out! Weit pics to come soon on a real server. Look in the folder "Amsterdam 2004"

http://photos.yahoo.com/riversideproductions

More reports coming soon....

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Tue May 18, 10:36 pm

Nice report, Ictricity.

The last shrooms I tried in Amsterdam were the Hawaiians, too.
I ate a triple dose and it warped my world big time, as you can
imagine. I really enjoyed it, but I know that dosage would have
really freaked some people out. And, no, I don't think I'd do that
many at one time again:)

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Wed May 19, 1:03 am

Yes you will! With me! We will wander the ways of Vondelpark and have a blast! Hehehehehehe............ I need to toke, or I need to shroom!

Nice report lctricity. Damn, your name is hard to type in the morning. Glad you had fun!

Peace-
seouleast

Max Flower
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Max Flower » Wed May 19, 6:40 am

Outstanding lctricity, Bravo.

Nice touch, adding your verbatem shroomin notes from vondel.
Your pictures made my day on Sun.
Looking forward to part 5.

Thank you for sharing.

MaxF

Mike
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Mike » Wed May 19, 10:55 pm

Made me have second thoughts about doing a bunch of shrooms.......

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

ADAM AWESOME.

Postby LastHamlet » Thu May 20, 5:52 pm

This was one amazing report lctricity... I am not sure what to say. Poetry, madness, sorrow, happiness, all the feelings that came at once, and the fantastic job you did relaying them. I cried as you described the birds singing, really touching.
From the "Red Flag" of Ben first thing in the morning (BTW, I loved the way you handled that, I must use that technique in the future.), to the meeting at Greenhouse, to the 'Magic Carpet Ride', it was one very awesome report, and I need a bong hit to continue to the 5th part,,,,,,, but so be it...
'A-Dam Awesome Report', and without a doubt a must read.
Best Of Regards,
LH

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Sat May 22, 3:58 am

Terrific installment to what is an awesome report thus far,, thanks so much for taking the time to make such wonderful reading.

Great Job!

BlueBerry

LUNACHICK
power poster
power poster

Postby LUNACHICK » Sat May 22, 3:14 pm

Great trip report so far, I am anxious to read the rest.
Jeff and I wondered what happened to you guys, we got the the
Amnesia coffee shop at 8:30, a half hour later than what we agreed on so we figured we missed you guys, we took a nap and woke up at 8, and walked VERY fast to get to the coffee shop, it was a super cool place and we hung there for a while and then swung by the Grey area to see if you guys were there. No problem, when you are on vacation its really hard to stick to a schedule, and why should you, you are on vacation and away from the scheduled life of back home.
It was great to meet you and I hope to see you again. Anytime you are in the area call us and we will meet you or you can come to our house, you are always welcome. I have not been on my computer since we got back, so I am excited to read all the trip reports and I need to work on mine before I forget everything. We had a great time, it was very nice to meet the people I have been in contact with, all of you were very cool and it made our trip even better.
Lunachick

johnyjoe
super power poster
super power poster

Postby johnyjoe » Sun May 23, 6:50 am

I think I was on this TRIIIIIPPPPPP!!!
Was I ???

jjk4h

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Wed Mar 01, 7:17 am

Nice one lectricman

brightcarver
power poster
power poster

Postby brightcarver » Wed Mar 01, 3:40 pm

Nice photos! I was hoping you would have a photo of that weird Jackalope "thinker" sculpture in Utrecht...
Are you gonna have that git-fiddle with you in April?? I'll have mine, and perhaps my banjo as well!!

Max Flower
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Max Flower » Wed Mar 01, 11:18 pm

brightcarver wrote: I was hoping you would have a photo of that weird Jackalope "thinker" sculpture in Utrecht...

Ask and yee shall receivith

May I present.... 'The statue Thinker on Rock on the Neude, made by Barry Flanagan.'

~ Now ~ with more stolen photo goodness.

Jackalope

Pic 2

look

MF

brightcarver
power poster
power poster

Postby brightcarver » Thu Mar 02, 12:56 am

Yowza!
Thanks Max!--I've told many of my friends about this statue, and now I can show it to them!!!

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

Postby lctricity » Thu Mar 02, 7:24 am

brightcarver wrote:Nice photos! I was hoping you would have a photo of that weird Jackalope "thinker" sculpture in Utrecht...
Are you gonna have that git-fiddle with you in April?? I'll have mine, and perhaps my banjo as well!!

Thanks for the kind words on the pics.

I was hopin' to save somthin' for "next time" but Max beat me to it. Eloquently as always I might add.

I doubt I'll stress it bringin' the axe with the carry-on scenario the way it is. Ya never know though. Sure would be up for a jam if we could find an available guitar.

Channelite Jam 2006!

brightcarver
power poster
power poster

Postby brightcarver » Thu Mar 02, 4:10 pm

I'll have access to plenty of instruments! A jam is definitely in the works!

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

Postby lctricity » Thu Mar 02, 10:22 pm

"THE" best news that come this way today.

Let me know when and where and we'll make it happen like yesterday.

Perhaps we can coax a few other Channelites into the mix and start picking out our "setlist".

With all the fun to have, to live the dreams we always had
Oh, the songs to sing, when we at last return again

brightcarver
power poster
power poster

Postby brightcarver » Fri Mar 03, 3:46 pm

Yez!
I hope to sort my tickets out over the next couple of days!
keep rockin!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”