April 30th - Queens Day - Day 3 - The Report

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

April 30th - Queens Day - Day 3 - The Report

Postby lctricity » Tue May 18, 1:42 am

Up early, showered and breakfast; Just make it back to the room and sit down to load a bowl when my morning smoke bud Ben shows up. No problems, broke out the remainder of my Super Tbizla from Dampkring along with some heafty roaches of Nes Haze and Royale from Central. We then proceeded with our morning ritual of getting baked and chatting about all sorts of crazy things I couldn’t begin to remember. I can still smell the sweet scent of that fine hash burning with just the smallest amount of tobacco. Mmmmmm… 11:30am and ripped to the core. Where the hell did the morning go? It’s nice to be able to just sit in the room overlooking my backyard from my balcony and enjoy my first buzz of the day, albeit it a huge one.

At this point in the day I have my first experience with a classic dutch “shelf” toilet. If you’re unfamiliar I have a picture for your viewing pleasure posted with the others on Yahoo. All I can say in the sake of keeping this readable is “disgusting”. Thankfully there was a toilet bowl brush nearby. I was lucky enough to find a “normal” style toilet on the floor below mine which I used exclusively for the remainder of my stay.

Scarred but intact from my experience in the bathroom I set out for Queens Day in the city. What a beautiful day it is too. Sunny and in the seventies and it’s only 11:45am. I make my way down Overtoom on foot as the trams are all shut down in the city centre today. Passing all sorts of “garage sale” type merchandise on the street sides I find a small cigar tin that I feel will suit my stash needs perfectly. 1 euro lighter I’m on my way to Leidseplein, stopping off to enjoy some great Police covers by a local band in front of the Marriot. As I begin to wander I suddenyl remember that it’s almost Noon and The Noon is close by.

I arrive at the Noon with little trouble and find construction everywhere so it’s not the normal beautiful view but I’m here. Very busy but I manage to squeeze in next to the dealers counter and have a peek at the menu. First order of business was to see the Blueberry and upon sight my decision was made. “Do you still have the 5 gram special?” The answer is YES! I snap a pic or two of the menu, grab a bong and walk to my table in the back corner next to the big melted candle and statue. There I proceed to enjoy some of the sweetest (literally) buds of the trip. I am so pleased with my massive 5 gram bag that I am rabidly smoking bongs until I am totally zoned in my little corner environment. Wow! Blueberry is indeed some nice weed and The Noon knows how to pick some nice buds. Highly recommended, but look before buying as you would anywhere.

About an hour later I am able to move enough to start back on my Queens Day stroll. Working my way towards Dam Square from the Noon I come across an amazing little band of youngsters playing some impressive jazz. The band is Just Jammin’ and I’ve not been able to find their website or I’d have linked it here. More walking and I make it to Dam Square where I am in serious need of a t-shirt due to the heat. I find a 5 euro cheapo, What a relief! Finding an alley way I commence to changing shirts and smoking a pre-rolled Dampkring Pure Haze doob. Aaah, just what the doctor ordered. That along with a Heinekin and I’m off to the RLD. While on my way I pass Dam Square and a huge video screen of a naked chick walking around in a white room with her ass hangin’ out. Nice! Only in Amsterdam. I took a pic of that too. Leave it to an American to be so amused by this.

Finally made it to the RLD and as I stroll along I come across the Red Light CS (AKA The Bassment). Not having heard too much about this place and being ready to sit down for a bit I sauntered down the stairs and up to the counter. Very pleasant dealer greets me and asks if I’d like a menu. After a bit of indecision I decide on the Polm and take a seat at the bar. I ask for a bong and am handed a nice little chemist type bong that is a great size for some of this newly acquired hash. In the process of enjoying this nice afternoon smoke I offer some to the fellow sitting next to me who turns out to be a Portuguese guy living in Antwerp, Belgium who came up to party for the day. We laugh at the fact that I am smoking my brains out and he can’t keep up! After an hour or so he asks me if I know where Centraal Station is and I say let’s roll and I’ll walk him over there. Having not been over to Barney’s, Pink Floyd or any other shops in that part of town I figured it would be easy to show him on the way over there. At this point he says he’s got some time to kill and wants to buy me a beer for showing him the way so we hit The Doors. This is my first encounter with a back lit menu. In order to prevent pics supposedly. When I ask about pics I am told in no uncertain terms, NO. Pick up some prepackaged Super Skunk and am quite disappointed as it smells and tastes nothing like skunk, much less Super. My Portuguese buddy picks me up a bag of Crystal that is only slightly better but the thought was much appreciated. I can’t say that I found The Doors to be that happening of a place. Techno party was in full force out front and being that Techno is not my bag I offered the idea of heading down the road.

Down the road we go and around the block, we come out right in front of Pink Floyd and decide to take a peek inside. Cool place with three levels and internet access. Open and airy although the dealer is some stuffy English bloke who seems like he would rather not be bothered. Having heard so much about the Umma Gumma hash I opt for a gram and my friend buys me a Skunk Pre-Roll that comes in a nice little prepackaged cardboard and plastic container. What a cool thing to behold, even though I know the joint inside is 75% tobacco. Again no skunk smell. We wander up to the top floor and grab a seat by the window to watch the streets thriving below. Had the whole place to ourselves and enjoyed a final smoke of some of the Umma Gumma through my glass bowl with my little Portuguese buddy. I had higher hopes for this hash and would not buy it again. I found it to be very dry and not stoney at all. What a drag and I had heard so many positive things. Either that or the dealer screwed me. C’Est La Vie.

As we stroll back towards Centraal Station and say our goodbyes I can’t help but realize what a great day it has been and how happy I was to be a part of it all. I stop by the KPN public phones on Prins Heindrik and make a 10 minute call home for a whopping 5 euro. What a deal! It’s great to talk to the wife for the first time in a few days. I do miss her and regret not bringing her along but there’s always next time.

After hangin’ up with the wife I make my way back to the RLD and into Funny People CS at the suggestion of jjk4h. I go in, look at the menu and ask about a pic. No go and I’m not overly impressed by the menu so I am just about to walk out when out of the corner of my eye I spot jjk4h and dapanther99!! It is a small world after all… They are huddled up in a smoke fest with Ian, a Brit from Birmingham who looks like one of Black Sabbaths’ roadies and is staying at jjk4h’s hotel. We hit it off fine and proceed to toking up more purchases before off for yet another RLD stroll, this time led by Ian at a much more leisurely pace. Good enough, my feet were way tired from hoofin’ it all day and I decided to head to Centraal for a tram before it got too late. On the way stopping for my first FEBO experience which consisted of a KassSouffle (aka Fried Cheese Pocket). I survived the experience but would not do it again unless I had some severe munchitis. Made it back to the hotel and Ben knocks on my door wanting to go out. No freakin’ way I say, too much walkin today. Hit the hay after a couple of bowls of Blueberry. An end to another incredible day!

Here are a few pics I figured I'd go ahead and post to Yahoo! even though they kill the resolution. It's easy and free. Check 'em out! Weit pics to come soon on a real server. Look in the folder "Amsterdam 2004"

http://photos.yahoo.com/riversideproductions

More reports coming soon....
Last edited by lctricity on Tue May 18, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Tue May 18, 1:54 am

Fantastic report, Icky!

Nice meeting new friends. Keep 'em coming, dude.

I like your paragraph spacing, too. Keeps me involved.

p.s. The pic link is doofy. I got to the site ok, but the A'Dam link is not responding....

WOOP!

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Postby FlyByNite » Tue May 18, 4:07 am

Any chance of having that Noon menu pic emailed to FrogHollow@hotmail.com ?

Enjoy
FlyByNite

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

Postby lctricity » Tue May 18, 3:51 pm

FlyByNite wrote:Any chance of having that Noon menu pic emailed to FrogHollow@hotmail.com ?

Enjoy
FlyByNite

There is a "Major", I mean that too, Weit Site in the works from my recent trip including bud shots, Coffeshop shots and the much sought after Menu Pics. With any luck I'll have it together by week's end!

I'll be putting up another section for the non-weit shots that are now being highly compressed and reduced on Yahoo! Photos.

The reason that Yahoo! isn't letting you access those pics is that the site is being hit so much that the available bandwidth is likely exceeded. The beauty of "free" service. Keep checking back and you'll eventually be let in.

Hang tight as a real site covering pics from the recent trip will be well worth the wait! Glad you guys are diggin' the reports, more to come soon!

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue May 18, 4:16 pm

Another good 'un. Hay (nod to SODA) what coffeeshop is that in photo#67 and where is that?
Pax

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Wed May 19, 4:57 am

Glad to hear you found some sweet blueberry at the Noon,, ahh I can't wait to taste some nice friuty bud again!!!

Off to try and sratch sniff on the rest of the report :))

BlueBerry

Mike
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Mike » Wed May 19, 11:13 pm

Man what a good report and very good and interesting pics.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Very Wonderful Read, lctricity...

Postby LastHamlet » Thu May 20, 5:31 pm

I just finished reading the first three days of your Trip Reports, and might I say "I like your style."
Very interesting read and a lot like the trips I take. You have a very neat way of writing that most people have to find enjoyable. AND, BTW, the pictures take me back. I have a photo of me in a big pair of them yellow wooden shoes... of course, it was taken in 1995, and that was quite a while back.
Really enjoyed the reports lctricity,,,,, now off to read the 4th installment...
Thanks for the View!
Best Regards,
LH

dapoopa
power poster
power poster

Postby dapoopa » Wed May 26, 12:53 pm

lctricity,

Between your experiences with the "shelf" toilet and the men's room at Route 66, you deserve a Channelite award for "crappiest" post. LOL

Just kidding of course -- continuing to enjoy your great posts.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”