JUJU - trip report part 1

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Jujumann
power poster
power poster

JUJU - trip report part 1

Postby Jujumann » Wed Apr 07, 4:14 am

Well...it finally came and now its gone. This trip was in the planning ever since i got back from the Dam last May. And a hell of a trip it was too i might add.

March 21st: Departure day.

Had to work in the morning and then got off on a half day so that i could get to the Miami airport in time for my 1:30 am flight on Martinair. Got a shuttle service to take me over since i live all the way over on the west coast in Fort Myers. Got picked up around 7:30 and headed to the airport under the care of an ex marine who was in World War 2 and the Korean War. I must add the fact that he must have had on glasses that were at least an inch thick and was very hard of hearing. Very interesting ride to the airport. Got to Miami internation and checked in with no problem and went outside for a couple last nicotine fixes and then headed through security and to the gate. "Finally," i thought to myself as i was sitting at the gate and heard, "We will now beging boarding for flight 646 with service to - AMSTERDAM!" Hell yeah. I was about ten minutes from being on my way to mecca. WRONG! Phone rings and its my dad informing me that my mother had just been rushed to the hospital and they werent sure what was wrong. Possibly a heart attack. I went up to the gate and informed the Martinair representitives that i would not be able to go on the flight and needed to be uploaded off the flight. Got my bag and headed to the main terminal to find a way home now. Ended up spending the night in Miami international until the morning when the next shuttle could come and pick me up and take me back to Fort Myers.

Turns out my mom just had a real bad asthma attack and that she would be ok. Phewww. Close one. Now....how do i get to Amsterdam. Immediately got on the phone with Martinair to find out if i could change the flight and explained to them my situation. They were very helpful and got me a flight that Thursday, the 25th at the same time and the same return flight with paying the difference. Alright so im going. Wait, gotta make sure i still have the hotel reservation and dont get charged for a no-show. They were cooperative as well and said that they would see me on Friday.

So the count down is back up to three days. Damn.

March 26th: Departure day #2

Lets try this again. This time i just drove myself to the airport. Same as last time, checked in no problem, went to the gate and this time actually got to get on the plane. Flight was uneventful and arrived in Amsterdam at 3:30 pm. Walking off the plane, right at the end of the gate, lo and behold, there was a sniffing dog sniffing away at everyone that came off the plane. Bombs? Drugs? Not sure what they were looking for but it didnt flinch with me so im good. Even though i didnt have either of the two. Got my baggage, euros, train ticket and headed to Central Station. Met two older business guys from Pittsburg at the train platform that were in town for the weekend for a conference and were headed to the city to see what it was all about. I told them they didnt know what they were in for.

Got to Central Station and then - BAM! Im here! I was in awe once again just like my first time i came here. The scene as you walk out of Central Station is absolutely amazing. Nothing like it. Bikes going every direction, people walking everywhere, tram bells, church bells, etc. Ahhhh, Amsterdam.

Walked over to the VVV and picked up a three day tram pass and a phone card and phoned home to let everyone know i was there safe and sounds. I chose to walk a little bit of the way to the hotel to take in the city a little bit. Walked down Damrak to Dam Square and down Rokin to catch the number 24 tram to the Wetering circuit. Got off and headed to Hotel Kap. On the way while i was crossing the Wetering Circuit, out of nowhere i heard a loud clank. I looked over to my right and realized that a tram had just pummeled right into a taxi. Definitely a first time seeing that. Kinda funny. Checked in at hotel and talked to the same guy that i talked to on the phone. Paid, got the keys and headed to the first floor to my room. Alright no room on the third floor this time. Not too many stairs. (at least for now. had to change rooms for the last two nights and ended up on the third floor. wasnt fun getting up those stairs but well get to the later.)

Room was nice, small but nice. Very comfortable bed, TV, shower, little table that i did a whole lot of rolling on, and a sink. Showered and gathered somethings and headed out for my first smoke. Headed straight down Stadhouderskade to Nieuw Spiegelgracht and made a left and walked right on into the Noon. The smell of the smoke hit like nothing ive ever experienced before. I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as i walked inside. Ahhhh. Now for my turn to make some smoke. Ordered up some Blueberry at 7 euro for a gram. Borrowed a pipe since i didnt get to go to a headshop yet to pick up my own. Smoked two pipe fulls of Blueberry and was feeling great. Good taste, nice buzz. Met a taller Jamaican looking guy there, i think he works there. Very cool guy. Told him about my fiasco of actually getting to Amsterdam. Headed out and he wished me a safe trip and was glad that my mother was ok.

Headed to Leidseplein to grab some more euros since i spent all the ones i had on the hotel. Great not even here two hours and i already get a bum on my ass. This guy came right up to the ATM and asked me for 2 euro as i was taking out 200. Just took my money and didnt even pay him any mind and walked away and he just moved on to another person. Headed up Leidsestraat and on the way in the middle of Leidseplein there was a street peformer that had a soccer ball. He climbed up to the top of one of the light posts and was juggling the ball with one foot and the other foot wrapped around the post and then somehow he got the ball on the top of his head and held on still for about 2 minutes with the ball on top of his and it didnt move. Very talented.

Headed up Leidsestraat to the headshop a little ways up on the right hand side on a corner. Picked up a small pipe for hash, papers, filters, and a grinder. Now im really ready. It was getting close to 6:30 which was when i was gonna meet Viking at De Kuil. Trammed on up to Dam Square and headed to De Kuil. Place was packed, it was a friday so that explains that. Couldnt find Viking so i ordered up some 420 Haze at 10 euro a gram and 1 gram of Parvati Cream for 12 euro a gram and headed on out since there was no seating. Walked down a little ways and went into Kadinsky Cafe for a couple beers and wanted to smoke my purchases. Very cool bar, good music, young crowd with the exception of the 70 year old guy next to me at the bar, who, yes, i smoked a joint with. Very very laid back older man. 420 haze had a nice clear headed buzz and uplifting.

After three beers and two joints of 420 Haze i headed out and decided to go for a little walk around town to do some people watching and see some of the amazing architecture at night. Walked to Dam Square and up Nieuwzijds Voorburgwal and ended up at Betty Boop. Bought 2 grams of Bubblegum for 10 euro. Smoked really nice. Very smooth tasting and nice buzz. My notes at this point read, "Wasted right now, really wasted." You know thats always a good thing!

Headed over to Spuistraat and went to Softland. Got a space shake, dont remember what flavor. Cost 5 euro and was absolutely amazing. Best milkshake ive ever had, and that was even before it kicked in. Tried the parvatti from De Kuil. Awesome taste.

Headed back down to Leidseplein and into Rookies. This shop was my first stop on my last trip and my first trip i might add so i had to pop in here for a couple beers and a smoke. After three heinies, a joint of bubblegum and some parvatti i headed on over to the hotel to rest the legs for a bit and preroll some joints for the rest of the evening.

Headed back out and up to the RLD and into the Other Place. I love this bar. Hells Angels, bikes, babes, beer, and smoke. What more can you ask for. Bought 1.5 grams of Katama for 12 euro. Not great hash but not bad either. Met a couple english guys in here who were in town for a conference the next day about 9/11 and other political subjects concerning the world right now. Had a bunch of drinks with them and a whole bunch of smoke. All i know is that i went home with not nearly as much weed as i went there with. Headed on out of there and decided to head back down to Leidseplein. This area seemed to be my base area for the rest of the trip. I think its cuz i know it the best. Grabbed a quick bit to eat and headed into Cafe Alto and was dissapointed that the band playing that night had just finished. Had one Duvel and headed back to the hotel to call it a night.

Smoked a night cap of Blueberry and Parvatti and melted away in my oh so comfortable bed.

Another amazing first day. No rain, clear skies. And best of all, i was in Amsterdam. Til Day 2.

Mike
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 07, 6:10 am

Great report ...I really enjoyed it!!!!

Gidget
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Gidget » Wed Apr 07, 6:35 am

Nice One....Interestingly, my gradmother entered the hospital on doctors orders about 36 hours before I was to leave. Thought it was major heart trauma but turned out to be only minor. I didn't really find out for sure until about 2 hours before my flight left. Shewwwww!!!!!!!!

Jujumann
power poster
power poster

Postby Jujumann » Wed Apr 07, 7:39 am

Gidget wrote:Nice One....Interestingly, my gradmother entered the hospital on doctors orders about 36 hours before I was to leave. Thought it was major heart trauma but turned out to be only minor. I didn't really find out for sure until about 2 hours before my flight left. Shewwwww!!!!!!!!

Its amazing how almost every time i go on a trip something always seems to go wrong right before i leave but i always still end up going on my planned trip. Im sure as hell glad the Amsterdam gods were on my side this time.

Looks like they were for you too Gidget.

Slainte,
JUJU

stuartsdog
super power poster
super power poster

Postby stuartsdog » Wed Apr 07, 11:03 am

Great report sounds like you had a great time thanks for the report...
ps....... glad to hear your mum was all ok

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

nice read!

Postby des » Wed Apr 07, 2:06 pm

A nice read, and well written! I look forward to Part 2. On our recent trip to Haarlem, my Mum was in hospital dieing of kidney failiure. I spent the entire time expecting a phone call off my Sister saying she'd snuffed it! It took the edge off the holiday no matter how hard I tried to put it to the back of my mind. Can't wait till our trip in December to put matters right!

Peace, Des.

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Wed Apr 07, 11:41 pm

I see what happened to you....... we were all waiting for you! Where is JuJu? where is JuJu? We thought you flaked out, but I see. no "Elvis" on your part, eh?
Mom ok now? Hope so.

Glad you had some smokeables.....at least!

Peace-
seouleast

Bullitt
just in
just in

Postby Bullitt » Thu Apr 08, 12:24 am

Great details Jujumann,I bet you took notes.I know it was the only way I remembered(almost )everything.Funny thing is,between 6 and 7 o'clock that night I wandered by DeKuil's and looked in for a minute.It seemed fairly crowded and I moved on.I wish we had met.We must have almost crossed paths......BTW.. I could never gracefully exit that front door.I always seemed to get half stuck leaving!

Jujumann
power poster
power poster

Postby Jujumann » Thu Apr 08, 3:31 am

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Seouleast, sorry i missed you guys. I was definitley dissapointed in not being able to smoke with you guys. Oh well i guess, im sure well cross paths again in the Dam at some time.

Bullit, thats interesting that you were there around teh same time i was. I was only there for about ten minutes though. Still ironic.

As for the mom, shes home, she actually got home before i headed over the giant pond. Shes a lot better and you cant even tell anything was wrong.

Til Part 2.

Slainte,
JUJU

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Thu Apr 08, 3:59 am

Bullitt wrote: BTW.. I could never gracefully exit that front door.I always seemed to get half stuck leaving!

Hahahaha.....that freakin door was put there on purpose just for their entertainment. I can sometimes see the dealer laughting at the people coming in and going out of that door!
Man, that door.........

Peace and thanks for the memory.

JuJu.....we will see each other sometime. We are young enough to meet at least once in this lifetime. I think that goes for almost everyone here.

In 5 years, before booking a seat, I will come here to find out when everyone is going, then book it. That way, I can meet some of the people from here at least once. I think I will try and meet everyone that I have gotten to know here.
Wife ain't gonna like it, but shit......after 5 years. Theguest was right. Once a year after this dry spell.

Peace-
seouleast

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Thu Apr 08, 10:15 am

seouleast wrote:Wife ain't gonna like it, but shit......after 5 years. Theguest was right. Once a year after this dry spell.

"AFTER" ? I meant starting from the April '05 celebration of the decade!

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Dam how nice

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Apr 08, 6:44 pm

Dam wonderful Report JuJumann. It sounded like some of the days I have in the Nederlands. I am so glad everything worked out at home before you left. That would have been a terrible thing, and we are so glad you Mom is okay.
What a lot of smoking you did too. Goodness the flavors of Ghanja are so abundant in AMS.
Fantastic Report JuJumann, can't wait for part 2.

diyhaircut
regular
regular

Postby diyhaircut » Thu Apr 08, 6:51 pm

awesome report man, i totally agree with the other place too, the only time i was there i had a great time, and we bumped into two bikers from back home in connecticut who hang out at a bar we know back here. now whenever we see them they always yell AMSTERDAM DUDES!!! at us, good guys.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Thu Apr 08, 10:13 pm

Loved the report - can't wait to read day 2..

...Boner...

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Thu Apr 15, 4:44 pm

Juju, we missed you, man.

"Where's Juju?" was the phrase for seouleast,
PurpleHaze, and I at de Kuil's on the 26th.
Sorry we missed each other, but I've found
that it's a common occurrence in Amsterdam:)
(Speaking of which, SE and I missed even
showing up at Kashmir on the 22nd to meet
Mr. C. It wasn't until late that night that it dawned
on me that we had forgotten to even go there.
Sorry, Mr. C.!)

Nice report, Juju.

Jujumann
power poster
power poster

Postby Jujumann » Fri Oct 15, 5:35 am

Thanks for all the replies guys. Its been a while since i posted on here. Ive been extremely busy. Some news - got engaged to a long time friend of my brothers. She has two kids. Took them in as my own. So in the matter of six months Ive become a father and a soon to be husband to a wonderful girl. Ive known her for about 4 years just never thought of her in "that" way. But finally came to realize that there was something about her.

Well anyways, im back and im gonna post the rest of my 6 day trip. Hope everyone enjoys.

Slainte,
JUJU

Puffbob
regular
regular

Postby Puffbob » Wed Oct 27, 2:41 am

Thanks for sharing your good memories. I always enjoy reading about the good times you all have in the Dam! One day, I shall repay you with my own report!
PB

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”