Cold crawl on a tuesday, was it? What day is this?

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Otis
super power poster
super power poster
Location: Recovering from years of racing sailboats on SF Bay

Cold crawl on a tuesday, was it? What day is this?

Postby Otis » Wed Mar 10, 11:18 am

I ask that because a pretty young lady in coffeeshop Nes asked us that yesterday, and I know I had trouble remembering exactly what day it really was. I wanted to babble out a response, but in a stoned stupor just looked stupid probably. So many beautiful women here, it's Tantalus torture, it really is. I know that feeling now. With all that dope and all those women I've even learned a little literature and mythology.

I'm still hurting from last Sunday's crawl, which lasted nearly 8 hours. I rested all Monday and was still groggy but made it for the call on Tuesday to smoke some more at coffeeshop at Nes. Met up with Theguest when Nes opened. It was nice and quiet, peaceful, with background music playing. I smoked a nice one of "Mother's Finest" and remain impressed and will test it some more. It really smelled and was very sticky, lovely weed. Theguest smoked Matanuska Myst, I think. He rolled me a joint which had good shape and function and passed the inspection test. Thanks, theguest. Nice to have volunteer rollers around.

Went from there to Greenhouse Centrum. Place was packed and I could not fit in, so we walked just around the corner and visited coffeeshop Exstacy and that might be mispelled. Nice vibes, lots of plants and windows, good coffee. Quite a few locals or Dutch at least coming in getting weed to go. There was a customer sitting at the bar that I swear was John Travolta. I didn't ask. Theguest smoked another full joint and I did a few bowls. He's a party man for sure.

Left from there to head to Old Church. I wanted to smile at Sabrina but she wasn't there. It was very cold out and I hurried to get warm. Brisk, eye-watering cold and windy too. Brrrrrr..... We went upstairs at Old Church and had the pleasure of about 7 "Fair Spanish Ladies" sitting upstairs also. I swore they were in their 20's but Theguest differs, thinks they are younger. Sure were wonderful ladies in any case, chatting away, smoking, making lots of cheerful noises which I could not understand. Theguest rolled me another joint of something, he had a joint of something, memory fades because the Spanish ladies had distracted me. We enjoyed the window view for a long time and could not decide if the downstairs bartender was gay or it was just some sort of fashion. Life is troubling at times and I yearn for answers.

Well gotta go, need to be back at Tweede Kamer in a few hours and have a journey to make to get there. Wish I didn't have to fight such cold weather. Wish I had the 7 fair Spanish Ladies with me. Wish I was 20 again too.

Otis, I'm dead sober, but I expect I'll be over it soon.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Mar 10, 3:08 pm

was your giant joint with me and brandx and stems and seoul the only one that broke perfectly into two pieces? makes you wonder doesn't it?

Chooby
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Chooby » Wed Mar 10, 4:25 pm

Well done Otis, damn that pic of mothers finest was NICE.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Fabulous

Postby LastHamlet » Fri Mar 12, 12:05 am

I just love it when there is talk of giant ghanja joints being rolled. Dam, I sure would have loved to seen that one Patrick is talking about... How much ghanja did you fellows have in that joint Patrick? Must have been a mighty smoker indeed.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Cold crawl on a tuesday, was it? What day is this?

Postby Boner » Fri Mar 12, 12:25 am

Otis wrote:. There was a customer sitting at the bar that I swear was John Travolta. I didn't ask

Maybe Quentin Tarantino was filming a prelude to Pulp Fiction to when Vincent Vega was spending so much time in Amsterdam..

Quote otis ... We went upstairs at Old Church and had the pleasure of about 7 "Fair Spanish Ladies"

Anything to do with "Jaws" "to those fair spanish ladies"...Boner...

Otis
super power poster
super power poster
Location: Recovering from years of racing sailboats on SF Bay

Postby Otis » Fri Mar 12, 7:55 am

Boner wrote:

Quote otis ... We went upstairs at Old Church and had the pleasure of about 7 "Fair Spanish Ladies"

Ah, so you remember the song? "Farewell and adieu, to the fair Spanish ladies..." and I was thinking of that as they began packing their stuff up and kept looking over at us. We could have made that upstairs shake, rock, rattle and roll for sure! And all we did was smoke up the place. :-(

Otis, with spanish ladies on his mind again.

Old Hippie Dave
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Old Hippie Dave » Mon Mar 12, 2:59 pm

Otis wrote:
Boner wrote:

Ah, so you remember the song? "Farewell and adieu, to the fair Spanish ladies..." and I was thinking of that as they began packing their stuff up and kept looking over at us. We could have made that upstairs shake, rock, rattle and roll for sure! And all we did was smoke up the place. :-(

Otis, with spanish ladies on his mind again.

too bad clam wasn/t there to help ya

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Mon Mar 12, 3:07 pm

That would be someting OHD and Otis on the prowl! lol.
Quint (Robert Shaw) sings that ditty drukenly in Jaws

Peace

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Mon Mar 12, 6:04 pm

Wow, this is the classic Otis report w'eve been awaiting on! good stuff to say the least!!!

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Mar 12, 6:36 pm

Philter wrote:Wow, this is the classic Otis report w'eve been awaiting on! good stuff to say the least!!!

It's at least a year old dude.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Mar 13, 2:05 pm

Nearly three years actually.
Time has really flown by, and I too ramble through pages, in my mind. The days gone by, and the laughs that were shared. Still hard to believe how fast time has went by.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Mar 13, 3:25 pm

LastHamlet wrote:Nearly three years actually.
Time has really flown by, and I too ramble through pages, in my mind. The days gone by, and the laughs that were shared. Still hard to believe how fast time has went by.

Future pastpluperfect indicative tense? Sorry man, just teasing.

Peace

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Mar 13, 7:25 pm

Darn, you got me there, what can I say??? :-)
Last edited by LastHamlet on Tue Mar 13, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

'new bedford light' is one version

Postby sidhe333 » Tue Mar 13, 7:34 pm

Otis wrote:...Ah, so you remember the song? "Farewell and adieu, to the fair Spanish ladies..."...

indeed
nothing like a good sea chanty
to make me shiver me timbres

s:.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”