Day 4 - 3/2

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

thaioneon
regular
regular

Day 4 - 3/2

Postby thaioneon » Tue Mar 24, 3:08 am

We all were up and out by 11 and feeling great. Nice brisk sunny day today. Checked the news and the tally was now at 18, almost all in Noord Brabant and all could be traced to Italy where the count was nearly 1700 with 35 dead. So armed with our hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes off we go.

Down the Voorburgwaal and through Rembrandtplein to Onder Ooievaar on Utrechtsestraat for Uiltje Bird of Prey IPA's all around. We love this neighborhood, this street, this corner and most of all this café! Just timeless. Truly a great spot to watch the city go by.

Next stop just down the street to the next corner to another timeless wonder, the Oosterling. We all shared an old jenever, and washed it down with Brand IPA's and a Brand Urtyp for me. Great bathroom here disguised as a wall closet. Wise use of space in this small brown bar. The barkeep today was a nice young guy who I believe was 3rd or 4th generation Oosterling.

Now time for some shopping for the ladies so through the little park and down a few blocks to Albert Cuypstraat. Now as I knew we were planning for lunch at one of the many vegan restaurants in this neighborhood, and my butt was crying for mercy from yesterday's vegan lunch, I knew I needed to graze on some of the great offerings at the market. So some mixed nuts from the nut stand, an order of shrimp dumplings at the dumpling stand which was new for me as I'd never seen it before, and a hot cup of tea, I was more than satisfied. The girls found some great buys as usual at the clothes racks and we were ready for lunch. But first a quick buy and fly at the Katsu, a couple of hash muffins.

Lunch today for the rest of my group was Deer Mama Vegan Mylk and Burger Bar on Ceintuurbaan. Really nice walk past the cool and lovely Sapphatipark and the Scandanavian Embassy along the way. They all loved their lunch as did I my latte with one of the Katsu muffins.

Now for the long walk back to the apartment. Decided to walk up Vijzelstraat and stopped at Café P.King along the way. This was a new place for us and we stopped more because I really needed the bathroom more than from thirst. But they had IJ IPA and La Chouffe on tap so that was a bonus. Really great vibe here and nice staff so we will return.

Back at the apartment for a much needed rest as we had already clocked maybe 5 miles for the day. I was buzzing pretty good from that muffin and Godfather was on the tube, perfect! Nobody seemed too hungry so we just ate the leftovers from Thaise Bird and drank some of the beers in the fridge and hung out in the apartment and watched movies. Pretty cold and rainy so we were content with staying in.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Day 4 - 3/2

Postby slither » Tue Mar 24, 8:48 pm

thaioneon wrote: Down the Voorburgwaal and through Rembrandtplein to Onder Ooievaar on Utrechtsestraat for Uiltje Bird of Prey IPA's all around. We love this neighborhood, this street, this corner and most of all this café! Just timeless. Truly a great spot to watch the city go by.

Ditto.
One of my favorite bookstores in Amsterdam is on Utrechtsestraat.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Fri Mar 27, 8:01 pm

That is a nice spot. And an old jenever too... :)

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sat Mar 28, 3:19 am

thaioneon wrote:We all were up and out by 11 and feeling great. Nice brisk sunny day today. Checked the news and the tally was now at 18, almost all in Noord Brabant and all could be traced to Italy where the count was nearly 1700 with 35 dead. So armed with our hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes off we go.

Down the Voorburgwaal and through Rembrandtplein to Onder Ooievaar on Utrechtsestraat for Uiltje Bird of Prey IPA's all around. We love this neighborhood, this street, this corner and most of all this café! Just timeless. Truly a great spot to watch the city go by.

Next stop just down the street to the next corner to another timeless wonder, the Oosterling. We all shared an old jenever, and washed it down with Brand IPA's and a Brand Urtyp for me. Great bathroom here disguised as a wall closet. Wise use of space in this small brown bar. The barkeep today was a nice young guy who I believe was 3rd or 4th generation Oosterling.

Now time for some shopping for the ladies so through the little park and down a few blocks to Albert Cuypstraat. Now as I knew we were planning for lunch at one of the many vegan restaurants in this neighborhood, and my butt was crying for mercy from yesterday's vegan lunch, I knew I needed to graze on some of the great offerings at the market. So some mixed nuts from the nut stand, an order of shrimp dumplings at the dumpling stand which was new for me as I'd never seen it before, and a hot cup of tea, I was more than satisfied. The girls found some great buys as usual at the clothes racks and we were ready for lunch. But first a quick buy and fly at the Katsu, a couple of hash muffins.

Lunch today for the rest of my group was Deer Mama Vegan Mylk and Burger Bar on Ceintuurbaan. Really nice walk past the cool and lovely Sapphatipark and the Scandanavian Embassy along the way. They all loved their lunch as did I my latte with one of the Katsu muffins.

Now for the long walk back to the apartment. Decided to walk up Vijzelstraat and stopped at Café P.King along the way. This was a new place for us and we stopped more because I really needed the bathroom more than from thirst. But they had IJ IPA and La Chouffe on tap so that was a bonus. Really great vibe here and nice staff so we will return.

Back at the apartment for a much needed rest as we had already clocked maybe 5 miles for the day. I was buzzing pretty good from that muffin and Godfather was on the tube, perfect! Nobody seemed too hungry so we just ate the leftovers from Thaise Bird and drank some of the beers in the fridge and hung out in the apartment and watched movies. Pretty cold and rainy so we were content with staying in.

your rather knowledgeable about this city . salute
nook and cranny, beer gardens stuff .'like reading BDA of long ago .
thanks for taking the time to share

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”