April Trip

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

April Trip

Postby des » Sat Apr 08, 4:46 am

Just got back from 5 wonderful days in Amsterdam, and I'm fucked! ... I need a holiday to get over the holiday!
We flew out of John Lennon Airport as usual, There was 8 of us going out to get monged to celebrate my youngest daughter's 30th birthday!

They've moved the departure lounge at JLA. You no longer go up the escalator and past the statue of you know who anymore! It's now on the other side of the building, and they've upgraded security, with those full body x-ray machines that can see your dick and everything!
It's still a Mickey Mouse Airport though. You still have to walk across the tarmac to get on the fuckin' plane! (and they still arse rape you in the cafe! ... £8.50 for a bacon butty and a brew!)

I had a feeling of slight trepidation, not helped by the fact I'd not been able to touch John's foot for luck on the way into the departure lounge!
I'd booked us into a private accomodation I'd found on one of those 'Home Away' type websites you see on TV!
I'd read some bad shit since making the reservation about such sites being riddled with scam artists and scummy owners!

I was forced into it by Amsterdam City Council's new by-law which prevents landlords from renting out private dwellings to more than 4 persons at a time! The houseboat that we'd stayed on on our previous 2 visits had cut his maximum occupancy from 8 to 4 and doubled his fuckin' prices!

This guy was still advertising an eight person accomodation on the website but when I contacted him he told me it was an old advert and he was bound by the same rules that cost us a stay on the houseboat! He had however offered us a solution. We could rent the entire house (4 flooors) under the pretence of it being 2 separate bookings of 4 persons in each party!

I'd agreed and stumped up 600 Euros in advance as a deposit but now I was kacking myself that we were going to get there and the place either didn't exist or it was going to be a disgusting fucking hovel!

Easyjet had delivered its usual excellent service and deposited at Schiphol bang on time! The gadger who we'd rented the house off told us the bus to catch that dropped us off right outside his gaff for 4 Euros per parson one way! We were all gasping for a fag, so before we went to find the bus stop we were all stood outside the arrivals lounge caning tufflers!

We started getting dogged by a taxi driver! '90 Euros for all 8 of you' was his opening gambit! I told him to fuck off! '80' ... 'No' ... '70' ...'Suck my cock' ... '60' ... 'Get to fuck'

By now he could see we'd nearly finished our ciggies so he came in with a final offer! '50 Euros?'

We wilted and decided it was worth the extra 18 Euros for the luxury of travelling in a Joe Baxi, although I reckon if we'd been smoking Superkings we'd have got it for 40!

So the taxi driver drops us off at the address and I realise where we are immediately! It was a place I'd walked past loads of times on previous visits! There was a 'fuck off' mural of a naked bird painted on the corner house opposite the gaff we were renting! We'd phoned the number the guy had told us to contact when we landed at Schiphol, and as promised there was a woman there to meet us!

I'll carry on with my rambling bollocks later, if I get chance!

Peace, Des.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: April Trip

Postby boneymaroni » Sat Apr 08, 4:53 am

Desmond,
I love your style of writing and think this is a most delightful trip report...please keep it going....love it!

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Sat Apr 08, 8:42 am

jooe baxi. I've been saying that instead of taxi all my life, the fuck does it come from.
good report, des. keep it up. did you get the weather at all.

this omputer is absolutely arse buggered I haven't got the letter between b and d or a question mark unless I opy and paste the unts from somewhere. and it's making a funny fuking noise and I and I an see wire.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sat Apr 08, 11:40 am

Great start, looking forward to the rest of it!

Where was the place? Did you take photos?

€50 sounds about right to me for the taxi.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sat Apr 08, 8:21 pm

sounds great.....lol I know that horrible feeling of wondering if there really will be accommodations waiting for you...
Good start!

Can't wait to hear about your trip.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Sun Apr 09, 12:29 am

chigusa wrote:jooe baxi. I've been saying that instead of taxi all my life, the fuck does it come from.

I've always assumed it's from the guy who founded the Baxi heating engineering firm in Bamber Bridge, but I could be wrong!

I'm well known for talking out of my arse!

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Sun Apr 09, 4:10 am

So the woman leads us up a long and almost vertical flight of stairs and shows us into the first apartment! It's fuckin' huge!

After some of the broom cupboards we've been dicked with in Amsterdam I'm amazed at how much space there is! It's immaculately clean, but spartan, with washed walls and bare floorboards rather than carpets and wallpaper!

It does seem to have all mod cons though, most importantly of all a 'fuck off' telly and a comfy corner unit and chairs!

She explains the bedroom/bathroom situation then asks me if I'd like to view the second apartment! I comply, and we head up another long and near vertical staircase, followed by another!

I'm glad when we get there! ... I'm starting to pant!

This apartment is swisher than the first! Better decor and family photos adorn the walls! She asks if I'd like to go upstairs to have a look at the bedrooms and I think to myself 'Do I fuck as like!' but I decline politely telling her I'm sure they'll be fine!

Happy with the accomodation I stump up the balance and she goes back downstairs and talks to the kids briefly before she leaves!

I flop on the sofa and soak up the ambience before checking out the bedrooms and going down to the others!

''Me and the girls have bagsied this apartment, Dad' my Daughter informs me!

The cheeky fuckers were already unpacking their shit in the various bedrooms like it was a done deal!

I let it ride! ... On inspecting the bedrooms upstairs I'd discovered a balcony and a 4 person jacuzzi in one of the bathrooms!

It was 10am and the kids were hot to trot! ... Straight round to the nearest coffeeshop to score, that is!

We logged onto the apartment's wi-fi and checked out the nearest place to buy! ... It was a toss up between the 1e Hulp and Coffeeshop Crush!

The former won out 'cos it was in the general direction of a supermarket the greeter had recommended to the kids!

5 minutes later and we're all queuing up to score! The kids were going mental, copping several grams each despite my advice to pace themselves!

I got a gram of an old favourite of mine, some Zero Zero hash and a 'Moonrock' as a bonus birthday present for my Daughter!

We had the place to ourselves, so we kicked back and got nicely toasted!

I offered to pass on my spliff of Zero Zero, but I might as well have been offering the young ones a turd to toot on, such was the look of distaste on their faces!

Only my Missus partook of my offer!

Now their ganja appetite had been sated, the hunger pangs kicked in! We had a whip round and all chipped in 20 Euros each for a food budget!

We called in at the supermarket and spunked the money mainly on stoner scran, but we did manage to purchase the ingredients we needed to make some ham salad baguettes which we ate with crisps and fruit cake washed down with a nice cup of proper English tea!

We even managed to buy genuine milk instead of yoghurt drinks or fuckin' milkshake like we'd done in the past!

The gang started to skin up post-munch doobies! 'You'll have to go outside on our balcony to smoke those' I told them!

'Don't be such a fuckin' pussy, Dad' my Daughter replied 'That woman said we were OK to smoke weed in the apartments so long as we didn't smoke in the bedrooms!'

I was dubious! My daughter is certainly brazen enough to have asked if smoking ganj was permissable, but I also knew she'd quite happily bullshit me just to get me off her back!

The others (including Mrs Des) backed her story, so I chilled the fuck out and got ripped to the tits with the rest of them!

The kids decided to go on a 'mish' down to Barney's Lounge to have a sesh on the vapo-bags!

Me and the missus passed on that! We'd not had a wink of sleep for almost 48 hours! Despite telling everyone not to turn up till just before the taxi pick up at 3am they'd all come round to our gaff mid-afternoon and partied like motherfuckers all night long!

The missus very kindly gave me a nosh while I watched the 'Frankie Vaughan' channel on TV, then we went to bed for a catnap while we waited for the reprobates to return!

Peace, Des.

winnie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby winnie » Sun Apr 09, 5:01 pm

more

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sun Apr 09, 8:15 pm

winnie wrote:more

I'm still trying to quantify:
des wrote: The missus very kindly gave me a nosh while I watched the 'Frankie Vaughan' channel on TV

I am frantically leaning toward a 'sandwich'.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Sun Apr 09, 9:09 pm

Grande family trip! I am enjoying the read. Cheers!

bigbird
super poster
super poster

Postby bigbird » Mon Apr 10, 1:02 am

Thanks for the report. I am learning some new language along with knowledge of your trip. I may have to ask for translation of some parts. Peace!

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hammer » Mon Apr 10, 7:30 am

I'm really enjoying this trip report, Des. Best trip report for a while. I like your style of writing, and descriptive language. I laugh all the way thru each segment, wanting more. I admit to looking at the dictionary more than once to compare meanings of words used in your country and mine. Please carry on.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Mon Apr 10, 10:37 am

We walked down to Leidseplein for our evening meal! I was gutted to see the place in turmoil due to the ongoing building work to replace/repair the tram track!

I don't usually score weed at the Bulldog, but I do like sitting outside on the heated terrace, sipping a latte and chonging on a big fat spliff!

I suggest we go down to Rookies instead! I quite like this place! The weed is stellar, the bogs are clean (more important to the Missus than me) it can accomodate a large group easily, and I like the lighters they sell for 2 Euros a pop! They make ideal gifts for stoner friends on your return home!

I scored a gram of the 'Holy Grail' and some Superpolm and joined the others in the smoking room! I was disappointed once again to discover they'd banned the use of tobacco, even in the area where until recently it had been allowed!

I rolled a neat spliff with the weed while we debated where to go for something to eat!

I wanted to try out a Nepalese restaurant we'd passed on the way! ... I got shot down in flames!

Every suggestion received the same treatment! Then my Nephew suggested scoring a take out from 'Wok to Walk'

I was up for it! Me and him had virtually survived on nothing but frites and noodles for 5 days when we'd stopped at the 'Old Quarter' on a previous visit!

I got an old favourite! ... Udon noodles with chicken and pineapple in a coconut curry sauce!

On the way back, a couple of the kids legged it on ahead to stock up with a buy and fly from Coffeeshop Crush!

The noodles went down a storm! Even my Missus (fussy as fuck) loved her rice noodles and beef in a Teryaki sauce!

We watched multiple episodes of uncensored 'Family Guy' on Netflix! I was quite shocked at the language! I had no idea the British version had been so savagely edited!

Do they say 'Fuck' a lot in the 'Simpsons?'

The owner had left wine and chocolates as a greeting gift in each apartment and I'd opened a bottle to drink with the food! No fucker would help me drink it, but it didn't bother me, it was delicious! I necked it all and started on the second!

One of the kids had brought their 'Firestick' whatever the fuck that is, and they started watching a film about monsters attacking the Great Wall of China!

I got sent to bed shortly after for talking bollocks!

The next day I was woken by a delicious smell wafting up the stairs from 'Mingeville' (we'd christened it that 'cos that apartment was at eye level with the minge of the bird in the mural! Me, my Son, Nephew and Missus were in 'Titsville' for obvious reasons)

There had been 30 odd Euros left in the kitty of the shopping budget and one of the kids had been round to the supermarket and got all the ingredients needed for a full English Breakfast!

My Daughter and her friends were now prepping it! We went downstairs and assembled at the big table for eight (a leftover from the days of it being an 8 berth accomodation)

They served bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes and lashings of toast washed down with OJ and/or coffee!

What a nice surprise to have such a delicious start to the day!

We built a few spliffs and discussed the day ahead!

It was fuckin' gorgeous outside! Not scorching, but what I call T-Shirt weather!

We'd planned to go bike riding on our previous visit, but it had pissed it down every day!

Today seemed the perfect time to tick one off my bucket list!

A show of hands revealed everyone was up for it except my Missus!

No amount of arm twisting could get her to change her mind, but my Son saved the day by volunteering to accompany his Mum on a walk round Vondel Park while we cycled!

we rented bikes from a place about 100 yards from the gates of the bottle neck end of the park and arranged to meet my Missus at the
Blauwe Theehuis for a mid session drinks break!

I was a bit apprehensive at first! I'd not ridden a bike in donkey's years so I'd made sure with the guy at the rental shop that I didn't get dicked with one of them motherfuckers with fixed pedals and no brakes!

I needn't have worried! The 'City Bikes' they rented us were a piece of piss to ride! It's so flat on Vondel Park it's much less effort to cycle than it is to walk!

About half way round on our second circuit, I stopped to pull the underpants from up my arse crack! I'd been a Silly Billy and worn briefs rather than boxers, and I noticed a parrot in the tree in front of me! I thought it must have been an escaped one, but then another came and perched alongside it!

I examined the tree more thoroughly and was shocked to spot 12 or 15 of the motherfuckers perched in its branches! Are parrots native to Amsterdam or are they an escaped pair that have multiplied by mating with their family members, like they do in Burnley?

I pondered that thought while I cycled to the meet up with the Missus!

They weren't there! They supped their iced teas and moved on!

We finally tracked them down smoking a spliff on a bench near the Picasso sculpture!

One of my Daughter's friends kindly offered to keep my Missus company so my Son could have a razz on a bike and we arranged to meet them at the park gates at 5pm!

5pm came and went! We took the bikes back and returned to the meeting point, but they still hadn't shown up!

We sat on the boulders and skinned up!

A big fat black American guy in a Disney Dragster blagged me to change a 2 pound coin for a 2 Euro coin! I obliged!

An Irish smackhead tapped me for a donation for a non-existant animal charity! I fucked him off!

Finally, they turned up 20 minutes late!

Peace, Des.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Apr 10, 1:34 pm

Rookies is probably my favourite coffeeshop. It has what 99% of the others don't - space! Nice place to read the paper or what not.

Did you cycle around town at all or just the park? The most fun is baiting around town!

Mingeville. Hahaha.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Mon Apr 10, 7:15 pm

Generous_J wrote:Rookies is probably my favourite coffeeshop. It has what 99% of the others don't - space! Nice place to read the paper or what not.

Did you cycle around town at all or just the park? The most fun is baiting around town!

Mingeville. Hahaha.

Yeah, Rookies has always been a favourite of mine since our second or third visit!

A young American girl was having the whitey of death in there! She was sprawled across one of the tables moaning like death warmed up!

She suddenly sprang bolt upright and projectile vomited over everything within a 10 foot arc in front of her!

It was a right fuckin' mess!

I thought the staff would give her the bum's rush for sure, but I couldn't have been more wrong!

They cleaned her up, gave her a sugary drink and plenty of TLC and assurance!

They were still making a fuss of her when we left 30 minutes later!

It's strange that they've stopped you smoking tobacco in the smoking room though! It was a definite draw to a dedicated hash smoker like me!

We only cruised round the park! We picked the hire shop deliberately because it didn't involve any white knuckle riding!

Still absolutely loved it though! It was probably the most fun I've had with my clothes on in over twenty years!

10 Euros for an afternoon of pure joy! You can't beat that for value for money anywhere else in Amsterdam!

Peace, Des

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Apr 10, 7:21 pm

I still use tobacco in all my joints and do so in Amsterdam too. Fuck those regulations! Just be discreet and you're grand.

Funny with the girl. I got like an Exorcist mental image of her! Staff must be super sound to have looked after her.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Mon Apr 10, 7:41 pm

Generous_J wrote:I still use tobacco in all my joints and do so in Amsterdam too. Fuck those regulations! Just be discreet and you're grand.

Funny with the girl. I got like an Exorcist mental image of her! Staff must be super sound to have looked after her.

We asked in every coffeeshop whether you could smoke tobacco, and in every one, with the exception of Rookies, we were told not officially, but so long as we were discreet and kept our fag packets off the table it was cool!

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Tue Apr 11, 12:40 am

'Sorry, we got lost!' was the excuse my wife gave for leaving us sat there like spare dicks at an orgy!

How the hell you can get lost in a rectangular park, fenced in on all sides and signposted to fuck is beyond my comprehension, but that's my Missus for you!

I looked up the parrot situation, by the way! It turns out some silly old biddy deliberately released a pair she owned in the mid-Seventies and now, at the last count, there were over 2,000 of the fuckers living in the Park!

To avoid the bickering of the previous night, we thrashed out where we were going to eat before we left the apartments!

Me, my Son and Nephew love the all you can eat ribs at the Argentinian Steakhouses dotted all over the city! 3 of the others fancied steaks and the other 2 said they'd be happy with a burger!

We hopped a tram to Centraal Station and went on a mini-crawl of the coffeeshops on Haarlemmerstraat before we went for our evening meal!

Breakfast on Day 3 didn't attain the same culinary heights as Day 2, but it still wasn't bad!

Toasted fruit loaf lathered in best butter, washed down with copious cups of tea followed by a big fat spliff or three!

The kids wanted to go playing 'Glow Golf' whatever the fuck that is, but me and the Missus didn't fancy that one little bit!

We agreed to walk up as far as Dam Square with them, calling in at a few select coffeeshops along the way!

We consulted Google maps and pencilled in 1e Hulp as a definite and Funky Munkey as a probable, with Paradox as a fall back in case Funky Munkey was shit/closed!

I didn't score in 1e Hulp, just skinned up with the shit I'd accumulated over the first 2 days! Funky Munkey was a different story!

There's a big black guy manning the dealer's booth at the entrance, and you have to score some weed before he'll allow you access to the shop!

I would have fucked him off but my Missus was bursting for a Gypsy's Kiss! Luckily my nephew wanted some weed anyway and my purchase of a gram of White Munkey seemed to sate his greed and he waved us in!

To be fair, it is a classy place! Professionally decorated walls, nice clean toilets, a 'fuck off' pool table with plenty of space to play, and best of all a huge table surrounded by comfy as fuck wall seating round 3 sides and padded chairs down the other! 8 of us spread out at the fucker with plenty of room to spare!

We were the only ones in the place and the waitress brought over the lemon iced teas and cokes while me and the Nephew racked up the balls to shoot some pool!

We walked up Rozengracht and took piccies outside Anne Frank's House, more for the benefit of the noobie in the party than anything else!

The queue to get in was 4 or 5 deep and snaked all the way round to the front of the church! ... It's a right little earner for someone!

We cut the kids loose at the top of Nieuwendijk and strolled down slowly, arm in arm,window shopping and stopping for the occasional fag!

We took a coffee break at a cafe in a small shopping mall then cut through to Damrak and bought 4 of the grandkids cones of sweeties from Jamin!

They're 'Jamin' alright! Their huge unlubricated cocks right up your arsehole! 30 Euros for 4 bags of sweets the fuckin' robdogs!

We picked up a cute little football shirt for the newest member of 'Team Des' ... My beautiful 6 month old Grandson, Baby C!

I was feeling generous, so on the way back we stopped at the supermarket and I purchased 40 Eurosworth of munch to replenish our ever dwindling stocks!

The kids were still out when we got back to the apartment, so we jumped in the 4 person jacuzzi and fucked like stoats!

Peace, Des.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Tue Apr 11, 6:50 pm

Ah jesus christ. What a lovely note to end on! Soiled the Jacuzzi. Fair play though, no letting up in what I imagine is your senior years? How old are you?!

Re: the jersey... Do they have Preston North End jerseys in Amsty?

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Apr 11, 11:06 pm

My misses has been feeding those parakeets for years. She goes through a bag of apples and several bags of peanuts weekly. They bring their young in and teach them how to beg. I've counted over a hundred many times. I've a few that will take peanuts from my hand. Here in Jamaica they are everywhere and a joy to see.

Great and colorful reporting. My Amsterdam sweetheart and I are enjoying your report from a pretty cool place. The English influences here are everywhere. I've mastered driving on the wrong side of the road.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Apr 11, 11:54 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:I've mastered driving on the wrong side of the road.

I've been wanting to do that for ages. How long did it take to be comfortable with it? It took me a week to learn to drive manual transmission back in the '80s.... in L.A. I went out early in the mornings before the streets were jammed.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Apr 12, 3:25 am

Generous_J wrote:Ah jesus christ. What a lovely note to end on! Soiled the Jacuzzi. Fair play though, no letting up in what I imagine is your senior years? How old are you?!

Re: the jersey... Do they have Preston North End jerseys in Amsty?

I'm 57 years young!

I doubt they've even heard of T'Nob in Amsterdam, although I did get in a dolmus once in Turkey and rather bizarrely the driver had a 'Nob End shirt on!

It was a mini Netherlands shirt I got for Baby C!

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Apr 12, 3:29 am

MileHighDenver wrote:My misses has been feeding those parakeets for years. She goes through a bag of apples and several bags of peanuts weekly. They bring their young in and teach them how to beg. I've counted over a hundred many times. I've a few that will take peanuts from my hand. Here in Jamaica they are everywhere and a joy to see.

Great and colorful reporting. My Amsterdam sweetheart and I are enjoying your report from a pretty cool place. The English influences here are everywhere. I've mastered driving on the wrong side of the road.

They're hardy little buggers to tough out a Netherlands Winter!

They must make a strange sight when there's snow on the ground!

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Apr 12, 5:05 am

What a cunt! I just spent a hour writing Day 4's report without logging on! When I did log on, it fuckin' wiped it!

Peace, Des.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Wed Apr 12, 3:05 pm

des wrote:What a cunt! I just spent a hour writing Day 4's report without logging on! When I did log on, it fuckin' wiped it!

Peace, Des.

Lol!

Carry on, Des, great report and funny stories...

BTW, do you have a link for the advert of the apartment?
I am still deciding on where to stay for my next trip. Thanks.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Wed Apr 12, 7:26 pm

des wrote:What a cunt! I just spent a hour writing Day 4's report without logging on! When I did log on, it fuckin' wiped it!

Aw shit, burnt. Hate that. Keep calm and carry on.

Surprised you're only 57 actually. I thought you were closer to 67. You've made two generations already!

I am also interested in seeing Mingeville.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Apr 13, 3:29 am

27guldens wrote:

Peace, Des.

Lol!

It depends when you're thinking of going? We're planning to go back later this year for my Nephew's 30th! I'd be gutted to find the apartments already booked because you beat me to it!

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Apr 13, 4:58 am

The kids came back late, smashed as usual! We decided to eat in at the apartment! We had meat feast pizzas I'd bought earlier from the supermarket and 'fuck off' cream cakes me and the Missus had picked up on our shopping expedition down Nieuwendijk! Expensive, but so fuckin' delicious! 'Naughty, but nice' as Salman Rushdie once put it!

They'd acquired a bong on their travels and were keen to try some of their newly crowned 'Champion Weed of 2017' in it, so we shlepped round to Coffeeshop Crush for a quick doobie and scored a couple of grams of 'Lemon Larry' (or was it 'Larry Lemon?')

I nearly coughed up a lung off my very first bong hit of that motherfucker, so I definitely passed when they brought out the 'Diablo' and the 'Intensive Care'

We watched a belting film called 'Split' starring James McAvoy on the Firestick, then Jim Jefferies stand up comedy routines on Netflix!

Day 4! ... I was woken by the sound of breaking glass! There is a recycling point on the corner of the street and I stood at the open window and nosily watched the binmen at work! The bins are like icebergs, the bit you load your rubbish into only being the tip! A big lorry with a crane grab on the back grips it and lifts it and the huge subterranean chamber it is attached to right out of the ground and swings it over the lorry where a trip mechanism is activated releasing all the crap into the back of the lorry! The empty chamber is then slotted back into the ground! Pure genius!

We had planned a side trip to Haarlem, but some of the young uns balked at the price! They elected instead to give the noobie a tour of the RLD!

Me and the Missus took a stroll down to Leidseplein and had lunch at the Bar-B Burgerbar!

I had the 250 gram Waygu beefburger topped with blue cheese and crispy onions, fries and a side salad, washed down with a couple of bottles of ice cold Birra Moretti!

It was the best thing I've ever eaten in Amsterdam by a country mile! Highly recommended!

I'd noticed on Google maps that the much vaunted 'Noon' coffeeshop was only a short walk away, so we set off to locate it!

It was disappointing! A scruffy little coffeshop with little to commend it! Even the famous 4 gram deal of 'Blueberry' for 20 Euros is now 3 for 25!

I did the deal anyway, just to say I'd done it, but as there was nowhere to sit we walked back up to Rookies instead!

I scored a gram of Superpolm and we sat at the tables outside chonging and sipping lattes as we people watched!

We'd been blessed with glorious weather the first 3 days, but it had turned a bit nippy now! We warmed ourselves up by going for a long walk round unfamiliar areas trying our best to get lost!

When we got back to the apartments, for the first time, the kids were waiting to greet us!

Peace, Des.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Thu Apr 13, 5:00 pm

des wrote:
27guldens wrote:

Peace, Des.

Lol!

It depends when you're thinking of going? We're planning to go back later this year for my Nephew's 30th! I'd be gutted to find the apartments already booked because you beat me to it!

Peace, Des.

Don't worry. There is room for all of us in that jacuzzi.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Apr 13, 6:19 pm

27guldens wrote:
des wrote:
27guldens wrote:

Peace, Des.

Lol!

Peace, Des.

Don't worry. There is room for all of us in that jacuzzi.

LOL! OK, I'll PM you the website!

But be warned the stairs are killers and it ain't cheap! It was 960 Euros per apartment for 4 nights!

Peace, Des.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”