Tri Report - Day 12

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

thaioneon
regular
regular

Tri Report - Day 12

Postby thaioneon » Thu Sep 22, 3:53 pm

Another leisurely morning relaxing in and around the apartment. It was Friday and the tour groups were gathering down below our window. I counted no less than 6 of them in a period of 30 or so minutes. We are right on the edge of the Red Light District and Dam Square so I guess there was a lot for them to talk about!

Off to Café de Prins for lunch today we actually got a pretty early start (for us) and arrived at the stroke of noon. Could hear those lovely bells from the Westerkerk chime to mark the occasion. Lunch again was superb with their delicious soup and salad. In all of our visits to this café, we have only had lunch here and vowed to return for dinner one evening as we were sure that it would also be great.

Next stop was In de Wildeman for a beer and some nice conversation with their always friendly staff and interesting patrons. We stayed for awhile and sampled some more of the interesting and tasty British and Scottish selections on hand. They also had a pairing with food from one of the breweries but we were not hungry and the menu featured some heavy and meaty fare so we passed on that. It was getting pretty crowded so we decided it was time to bid farewell and continue on the day's journey.

Then over to Belgique where it was still early enough for us to grab seats at one of the tables. Some more Kwak for Mrs. Thai and Belgian West Coast IPA for me. Then back to the apartment for some rest before venturing out for the evening.

So we decided to fulfill our vow from earlier in the day and we returned to Café de Prins for dinner; 2 visits in one day! Glad that we did as it was terrific. The cafe was packed and there was a very large and entertaining group seated at one long table at the rear. I sensed that they were workmates and were immensely enjoying each others company. Mrs. Thai had the delicious pasta dish and I had their fish of the day which also was great. Feeling quite full and content, we were ready for a walk so we headed down to the Leidseplein to try to find some live music for the evening.

We wound up at Café Alto where there was a jazz band covering Santana music. They were pretty entertaining and the place was jammed as you would expect for a Friday night. Not much of a beer selection though so we stayed for just a little while and decided to head back towards the apartment.

Peeked into de Gollem and lo and behold there was a table available upstairs. So we indulged ourselves with some more Westmalle Duddels and tried a couple of other drafts from their board as well. It was getting pretty late and we were ready to call it a night so that we did and headed back to the apartment.

Another fine day!

thai

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Re: Tri Report - Day 12

Postby 27guldens » Thu Sep 22, 10:51 pm

Thanks for the reports. I am thirsty right now, and i think i have a bottle of 'La Trappe Quadrupel' in the fridge ;-)

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”