Trip Report Day 4 Part 1

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

thaioneon
regular
regular

Trip Report Day 4 Part 1

Postby thaioneon » Thu Sep 01, 7:08 am

Today started pretty much the same as yesterday. A nice cup of coffee, caught up on the news on tv, then over to the GH for a couple of bags, this time I tried their white widow which was very good. Back to the apartment to wait for Mrs. Thai to rise, and I put on some tunes on the stereo that came with the apartment. Nothing too fancy but a cd player that played through the tv speakers which were actually pretty good. Couldn't rock out too much since the Mrs. was still asleep and wasn't in the mood for headphones so this seemed to work nicely to go along with the nice WW buzz.

The lady finally woke up and after her morning coffee announced that she was hungry and ready to explore. So off we went to yet another favorite café of ours, Café de Prins, just across the Prinsengracht from the Anne Frank House. We always get their soep van de dag which today was mushroom and the salad with warm goat cheese. And always a good beer or two on tap which today was an old standby La Choufe. We like the vibe in here as its a nice mix of tourists, students, and locals. Funny, we had never been here for dinner, only for lunch. We decided to put that on our agenda and plan to have dinner here one night.

I was now ready for another bag or 2 so off we went to Paradox, which I remembered had couple of volcanos at hand. Sure enough, the one at the back table was available so we took a seat and I vaped the rest of the white widow from earlier in the day and bought a gram of their Amnesia Haze and had a bag of that too. Very nice I must say and extremely tasty.

As it was almost 4 pm, we decided it was time to visit another favorite bar, the original Gollem on Raamsteeg. But we were a bit early so we stopped in the Cafe' Schuim on Spuistraat and just around the corner from Gollem. Pretty cool place with some of the most comfortable chairs in the city. They also always seem to have a nice local on tap and this time was no exception as they had Ij IPA. This trip I noticed that the Dutch and Belgians were really experimenting with that style of beer. Definitely not as hoppy as a California IPA, these seemed to pop with a citrus flavor, some too sweet but some very good ones as well. Funny how now it seems as though the American brewers are now adding those citrus flavors to their IPA's.

Sorry but getting too tired to finish so I'll call this Part 1 and finish it later along with day 5. Still got some pretty good notes that haven't looked at in over the almost year we've been back so its kind of fun for me to write this and relive the experience. But let me know if this is boring as we were there for 15 days and I can end it here and just write it out for myself. We just booked for this coming December so it helps to stoke the flames of anticipation if you know what I mean!

thai

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Trip Report Day 4 Part 1

Postby Banks » Thu Sep 01, 11:27 am

Keep them coming! Brings me back to a time when there were a lot of trip reports and the feeling of being there all over again... :)

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Sep 01, 12:54 pm

Your report is great, keep it up.

Otis
super power poster
super power poster
Location: Recovering from years of racing sailboats on SF Bay

Postby Otis » Thu Sep 01, 4:05 pm

That was nice and I enjoyed reading it, thousands of miles and over a decade away. Amnesia coffeeshop was one of my favs and not too far from the Anne Frank house. Also Grey Area coffeeshop close by was a favorite place. Always got such a kick out of their downstairs men's room, about the size of a large dollhouse. Miniature for sure. A couple Americans owned it. Wondering if they are still there. One was nice and one was grouchy. In fact, one of the partners for Amnesia was an American.

Wish we have more good trip reports like yours.

Oits

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”