putting my trousers on

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: putting my trousers on

Postby Generous_J » Fri Jun 26, 6:45 pm

He will be very excited when he sees all our new stuff.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Sat Jul 04, 4:48 pm

Amsterdam was fucking great. i'm never paying to stay in the city itself ever again, camping bastard zeeburg captured my fucking heart. we stayed there for the first three nights and then shifted to a wanker of a hotel 'round the corner from the leidsplein. the campsite had everything and we stayed in chalets so none of that bollocks with tents. big fat ducks and all manner of wildfowl to mess with on the water I can't say enough good things and fucking cheap as you like.

obviously you can just smoke dope anywhere on the site and there are some good and cheapish coffeeshops ten minutes away. there's one called best friends, it has a hugely racist logo and some cheap morrocan that I got a massive lump of for I think thirty euros, some widow type stuff called snow white that came in five gram bags for not much money and proper paki black.
next to the campsite there's a lovely big park, flevopark I suppose, it's got a pool and all sorts of picturesque paths and funny corners. the big road into town runs along arches down one side of the park, the arches are covered with graffiti. really good graffiti, done I always assumed by young hip-hoppy, bling sort of chaps with expensive trainers. well not so fucking much. we went past on the way to buy weed and saw a class of fucking school children and their teachers off their faces on spray paint, running around like lunatics knocking up a really spot on piece of art. it was beautiful to see but you know...fucking hell fire.

we just smoked and smoked and smoked, ate in the campsite restaurant and sat in the sun. bloke I shared a room with was victim to a gastric incident during the second evening of our stay and proper shat the walls of a stall in the main ablutions block, you could have eaten your breakfast off the seat in the very same stall just half an hour later. every bog and shower on the site is steam and pressure cleaned twice a day and the cleaners can be called on to deal with emergency situations at any time night or day. I was deeply impressed, as was everyone in our party.
i'll tell you what though, he was fucking rough the lad. I went in our room at tenish and it smelled like a fucking match factory.

the site restaurant gets a fair bit of local trade as well as campers which is just as well because there were some scruffy looking cunts in those tents and it's nice to see the odd evil annouk bossing a mullet sporting jeron about the place.
I don't understand young cloggies, you see them on that streets of Amsterdam programme. who the fuck knows what they're thinking.
apart from the restaurant there's a shop that has a little bakers oven running all day putting out fresh bread and croissants. they sell meat and all sorts of shit for putting on your bread plus there is a row of fridges full of cheap beer. honestly I could have stayed there for a week and spent practically nothing.

so camping zeeburg, stay there. it's fucking marvellous. although i've been told it's a cunt to park. having said that, it's a cunt to park wherever you go in Amsterdam.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Jul 04, 5:45 pm

Thanks, a fine report indeed, but you might've touched on the tastes and highs you got from the various hashes and weeds? However, at the very least you've given OF some relief and it tis good to see your safe return.

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Sat Jul 04, 5:57 pm

Nice return , Chig .
Ive toyed with having a bash at Zeeburg for years but never done it , principally 'cos non of us can be arsed with camping these days . Its a bit sweaty and dirty in the summer heat and im reliably informed that its often full of greasy bikers and noisy, troublesome euro chavs . However , the chalets sound like a better option . Sounds a little wet admittedly but is it possible to get a decent nights sleep without any row ? Fucks the next day up for a bloke my age if I have to operate on 3 hours kip .
Assuming your mate was just unfortunate on the gastric front, as opposed to a bad food experience on site ?

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sun Jul 05, 12:07 am

sounds perfect...almost...
at least it was't YOUR gastric distress!

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Jul 09, 4:49 pm

Interesting take on Camping at Zeeburg.

Out of curiousity I googled it to get some reviews.

Many positive reviews, but negative as well. It may be a good place to stay in the off season and you really like
to stay up late and party your ass off, but for the average channelite, sounded more like a college frat party or a rave with tents and sleeping bags.

I think I would prefer a proper hotel.

Just saying.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Jul 09, 10:20 pm

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Thu Jul 16, 12:06 am

NewYork, New York wrote:I think I would prefer a proper hotel.

Just saying.

I don't know about Amsterdam campings, but during our last trip to the NL, we stayed for a week in a campsite in Delft, and it was a very good experience. Our chalet had its own shower/toilet, kitchen, washer/dryer... all you may need; even a big flat screen tv.

It was the most expensive accomodation option in the campsite, but still affordable compared with average hotel prices. Besides, it was walking distance, or a short bus ride to Delft centrum, and its train station with easy connections to Den Haag, Leiden, Rotterdam...

It was a very nice place to stay.

Or, as someone with more class would say:

chigusa wrote:camping bastard captured my fucking heart.

Nice report, Chigusa, thank you.
Where there many toddlers and infants around ;)

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Thu Jul 16, 11:19 am

i suppose zeeburg is not the sort of place you'd stay at after paying loads and spending ages getting to Amsterdam from america or somesuch but if travel has cost less than a ton, zeeburg makes for a dirt cheap long weekend.
there were quite a few kids around the place especially where the camper vans park up, and I think a row of the chalets are reserved for families. the chalets are far more basic than the ones 27 describes.
I didn't see any anti social fuckers or fuckery during my stay but I have fairly high tolerance for high jinks and a lot of times i'm the one people are complaining about anyway so I can't really say.
I love all weed and hash, I don't really notice that many subtle differences.

anyway, our little group left zeeburg on a beautiful morning with mist over the water and sunlight you could taste. we crossed the bridge to the tram stop and I smoked a joint of Moroccan while waiting for I think the number seven.
these new tram cards are the dogs, I fucking love them. beep, don't forget to check out. I want to be a cloggie tram conductor, it's the little office they sit in on the tram that does it for me. you should see the tram crews hanging around the zeeburg terminus, they've got a little café vibe going on with table and chairs under a big umbrella where they drink coffee and smoke cigarettes. I have a feeling that it's good to be a municipal anything in Amsterdam.
a bonus at the zeeburg tram terminus is the turning circle. it's huge and describes a figure of eight under the big road bridge. being fenced off and overgrown gives it a wonderful forbidden, secret look. I was unexpectedly desperate to ride the tram around the turning circle but when I asked the driver she just looked at me like I was a twat.

after a lovely ride through the city we detrammed(?) at leidseplein. everything was exactly as i'd left it last time, so we made our way past the american hotel and down the cut past some theatre or other and up the steps to the dirty bastard, poorly described, gobshite employing quentin Amsterdam hotel. fucking cunts!
we had to have a row with the bastards just to leave our luggage in the room marked luggage storage, every fucking interaction with the cunts ended in threats and shouting. honestly, what a poor fucking choice and dear as fuck. don't even think about staying there.
so bags dumped we fucked off for breakfast at what the fucking hell is that place called near what used to be the pink Floyd? across the fucking way from it, lasthamlet liked it for breakfast. fucking le grotte. can't think where I bought weed from, barney's maybe, but in no time at all we were sitting upstairs smoking weed, eating wheatshitters and supping coffee. the sun had got brighter as the morning wore on and what with that and the food and the weed it was all I could do not to laugh out loud and draw far too much attention, I had to restrain my joy. breakfast was that good.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Jul 16, 1:37 pm

You made my morning chig, your reports are top notch.

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Thu Jul 16, 6:34 pm

I quite enjoy Grotte for breakfast and a toke on arrival . Id like it a bit more if they offered up any sort of brown bread for toast . And that ceiling .....its like a dirty, baked alaska !

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Wed Jul 22, 11:57 pm

Nice report.

I stayed at the Quentin once. I remember it a little more fondly though, lol.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Jul 23, 12:56 am

Red Pleb wrote:I quite enjoy Grotte for breakfast and a toke on arrival . Id like it a bit more if they offered up any sort of brown bread for toast . And that ceiling .....its like a dirty, baked alaska !

I go to La Grotte at least twice every trip for a good, filling breakfast/brunch. I had totally forgotten about the ceiling until you mentioned it, then I could picture it vividly. The best part about sitting upstairs is being able to toke while waiting for your order to be served.

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Sat Jul 25, 4:29 pm

moe. wrote:
Red Pleb wrote:I quite enjoy Grotte for breakfast and a toke on arrival . Id like it a bit more if they offered up any sort of brown bread for toast . And that ceiling .....its like a dirty, baked alaska !

I go to La Grotte at least twice every trip for a good, filling breakfast/brunch. I had totally forgotten about the ceiling until you mentioned it, then I could picture it vividly. The best part about sitting upstairs is being able to toke while waiting for your order to be served.

Heavy artex , man .

In fact , the only place where I'll have a small Heineken at ten in the morning .
I know how to live . Oh yes !

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”