Halloween III

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Nov 21, 7:24 pm

I've been away for the last few weeks, this is the most pleasant thing I've come across in catching up. Thanks much for posting it Des. I thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed my fucking ass off many times during the read. I'd love to catch up with you and yours in the Dam someday. I'm pretty sure we're about the same age.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Nov 21, 7:29 pm

27guldens wrote:
des wrote:Is it ever nice and warm in Amsterdam?
Peace, Des.

Yes, it is.
This pic is from my -yet to finish the report- september trip:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/guldens/15565643057/

I started thumbing through your photos beyond the Dam shots and things started looking familiar. The Edgewater Inn (Mud sh sh shark.....) Multnomah Falls, I was just there in August... One of Portland's many food trucks...

When were you up in the PNW? And where all did you visit?

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Sat Nov 22, 12:46 am

It was in 2011. We visited Vancouver and some other places in Canada, then we took a bus and crossed the USA border to Bellingham. We rented a car there and drove around the Olympic Península, and then south along the Oregon coast, with some detours.
Our flight back to Spain was from Seattle, and i was curious about the Edgewater hotel (Sidhe333 -a channelite that i miss a lot- told me about the place).
It was a fantastic roadtrip. I think you are very fortunate if you live in that part of the US.

Before our baby was born, we used to spend some of our holydays time roadtripping in the US. Now i'm writing this from a family resort in the island of Lanzarote (spain), and tonight it was my first time in a hotel babymini-disco. As that coronel from the movie 'apocalypse now' would have said: the horror, the horror... :-))

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sat Nov 22, 1:35 am

27guldens wrote:...from Seattle, and i was curious about the Edgewater Inn (Sidhe333 -a channelite that i miss a lot- told me about the place).
.. :-))

MUDSHARK!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat Nov 22, 7:18 pm

27guldens wrote:I think you are very fortunate if you live in that part of the US.

I agree 100%. It took me some time to adjust to the slower pace of small town life, but I'm glad I did. And now weed is fully legal, so that is just icing on the cake.

I've driven the 101 from Tillamook all the way to L.A., the Oregon coast and extreme Northern California are really beautiful.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Sat Nov 22, 9:27 pm

moe. wrote:I've been away for the last few weeks, this is the most pleasant thing I've come across in catching up. Thanks much for posting it Des. I thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed my fucking ass off many times during the read. I'd love to catch up with you and yours in the Dam someday. I'm pretty sure we're about the same age.

I'm 55 years young!

Peace, Des.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat Nov 22, 11:58 pm

des wrote:
moe. wrote:I've been away for the last few weeks, this is the most pleasant thing I've come across in catching up. Thanks much for posting it Des. I thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed my fucking ass off many times during the read. I'd love to catch up with you and yours in the Dam someday. I'm pretty sure we're about the same age.

I'm 55 years young!

Peace, Des.

Not far off, I just turned 58.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”