WC 2014 #6

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

WC 2014 #6

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Thu Aug 14, 9:05 am

It's Sunday

It was a long night
There is blood
Lots of blood
Tablespoons of blood.
These floors have never been washed this much!

I am feeling desperate and remember I have some Chinese herbs with me that are used to stop bleeding. I dig them out and we pour it on his throbbing member. Can't hurt ...also can't believe I did not think of them yesterday.

Yippee. I have brought my life with me to Amsterdam.

So much for escape.

In my lament of yesterday
I omitted one of our biggest disappointments

We had been planning all week to visit Oracle and his wife in Haarlem today
Last night we had to cancel out because of the dog
Certainly we could not take him to someone's home
Nor could we leave him

Trying to make the best of a stressed day
Even if you know that more or less everything will be okay
All that blood every time the dog moves just gets under your skin in a manner that makes it difficult to relax

Ate Breakfast on the porch
Spending time on the computer
Ignoring tour boats

Suddenly I get a message from oracle's mate
Since we can not come to them they will come to us!!

How sweet is that! We tidy up - and do our best to prepare for company in our house of blood.

Oracle's mate has started her own food business and is selling her goodies at the market in Haarlem and she has brought a bag full of treats! Is this another dream?
OMG
She brought these heavenly coffee eclairs that were out of this world. Later she prepared strawberry cream tarts that were beautiful to look it and even better to eat! Boy, once people find her stand, they will be forever hooked!

We had plenty to share and laugh about all afternoon. The rains came and went while we enjoyed the company.

While they were with us it was the FIRST stretch of time that the dog did not bleed. Hours went by...no blood. Maybe those herbs were the right choice.
We actually felt confident enough to step out for a walk.

First we went over to the Grey area
Where Gapie was stone walled mellow sitting outside
Then a quick stroll over to Amnesia where we sat and relaxed and continued to chat up a storm.
We All agree that we liked the original amnesia design much better with the low backed banquette so that you could still see out of the windows.
Does anyone remember when there was a pinball machine in the front right corner and then it was moved to the left?

From there we trekked over to El Guapo for some hash

Walked a few more blocks together and then said our goodbyes and parted ways

The mate and I decided we could not deal with food
So, as Moe suggested we are off to La Perla for pizza
Though the 4 cheese is too much for me, a margharetti pizza and a salad with some wine just sounds fine.

We are seated outside at the corner table. It is a cool evening with a wind that whips up quickly especially at the corner. As we wait for our food a table next to us empties and we grab our stuff and jump tables. They even put on the overhead heat lamps for us. Over the course of our meal two other couples are placed in our original seats. The first couple last about 15 minutes and decide that they would rather eat standing inside the pizza parlor. The second couple sit for about 10 minutes and just get up and leave...that corner table was a rough spot.

Returned to the boat with blood everywhere. So not perfect. But maybe improvement

It is the night of the super moon

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Thu Aug 14, 1:49 pm

oh what a nightmare. Boney would be in tears if that was Carlos. Get better little buddy!

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Aug 14, 4:20 pm

Damn WC... so sorry you are dealing with this. Do you think you could find a vet or a doggie daycare to watch the K9 so you relax a little and have some fun? I can't imagine myself being able to relax for a minute away from the houseboat if I were in your position.

Stay strong.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Aug 14, 5:00 pm

Sorry to hear the pooch's pecker is still bleeding. It would drive me nuts too. Surely there is something the vet or animal hospital can do to stop the bleeding. Stitches?

The 4 cheese pizza at La Perla isn't as you might imagine. The cheeses are not mingled together, each quarter has a different kind of cheese and one of them is blue cheese. I'm drooling just thinking of it......

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Thu Aug 14, 5:03 pm

moe. wrote:Sorry to hear the pooch's pecker is still bleeding. It would drive me nuts too. Surely there is something the vet or animal hospital can do to stop the bleeding. Stitches?

The 4 cheese pizza at La Perla isn't as you might imagine. The cheeses are not mingled together, each quarter has a different kind of cheese and one of them is blue cheese. I'm drooling just thinking of it......

oh Moe - now I HAVE to go back and try it!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Aug 14, 5:45 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
moe. wrote:Sorry to hear the pooch's pecker is still bleeding. It would drive me nuts too. Surely there is something the vet or animal hospital can do to stop the bleeding. Stitches?

oh Moe - now I HAVE to go back and try it!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I save the blue cheese slice for last...

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Fri Aug 15, 1:07 am

well I can't wait to hear about the little guy.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: WC 2014 #6

Postby Generous_J » Fri Aug 15, 2:51 am

worldcitizen1723 wrote:We tidy up - and do our best to prepare for company in our house of blood.

Fair play, genuine lol at that.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”