PRAGUE 2012.....Part One

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

PRAGUE 2012.....Part One

Postby uk*bag*lady » Tue Sep 24, 3:17 pm

This is where I went one year ago today, exactly :

PRAGUE DIARY 2012

Monday September 24
After a bad night – I went to bed at 7pm but it didn’t work, I had about an hour! – I got up at 1.30am and pottered about until it was time to get ready. We left for the airport at exactly 4am as planned and arrived there at 4.45am. Tony stayed just long enough to make sure I was checked in and then left – hopefully to get back and have a little sleep himself!
I found security was very different since the last time I’d been through the airport but it was also very efficient and I was soon into the departure lounge. I had a coffee but couldn’t do much else until the flight boarded. Mindful of the advice to drink plenty on the flight I bought a sandwich and a large bottle of water to take on board with me.
The flight left pretty much on time and we made good time but couldn’t land at Frankfurt as another incoming flight had a problem and clearly took priority. So we were very late arriving. And what a huge place it is – no wonder they had allowed two hours for the transfer! It was a long way to the gate and I only just made it in time – in fact I don’t think I would have but for the moving walkways.
This time it was a Lufthansa flight (not BMI as the first had been, ironically) so of course we took off on time and landed at Ruyzne on time too. Prague airport is small and compact so it took just twenty minutes to go through all the airport procedures. I arrived in the arrivals hall and soon found the driver from the Prague Airport Transfer service that I’d booked. We had to wait for a couple more passengers but were soon on our way to the city centre. We dropped a couple off at the Ambassador Hotel on Wenceslas Square and another man at a city centre hotel and then went to Nusle and within half an hour we had arrived at the Otakar Hotel. The driver gave me the voucher for the return trip to the airport and took my case into the Hotel for me – I was very impressed by the courtesy and the service of the transfer company.
I checked in at the front desk and was given the key to room 27 which is on the second floor. The pleasant young receptionist explained about the trams and told me what time breakfast was served etc and then I went up to my room.
My first impression was of a rather dismal and grotty room and certainly it isn’t a cheerful bright room. Twin beds and a little side table plus a wardrobe and writing desk and chair made up the furniture. There is a TV set but it looked pretty ancient. The bathroom is tiled and looks ok though I don’t believe that I have one of the newly refurbished rooms I’d seen mentioned in many of the reviews I’d read on Trip Adviser!
It’s quite nice to hear trams from my window but my room is at the back of the hotel so I don’t expect them to cause me any sleepless nights.
Anyway the legs that I’d been so worried about appear to be none the worse for the long journey. I had taken the aspirin as advised and tried to drink plenty and do a few foot exercises on the flight. And of course I’ve been wearing my compression stockings so those will have helped I’m sure.
I unpacked and had a quick wash and change before eating the sandwich I’d bought at Birmingham Airport and by now it was 3.15pm so it was time to go and explore Prague!
First I found the little Tabak place on the small square just a few minutes’ walk away from the hotel and I bought a three day transport pass for 310 CZK which is about £10. I went back down to the tram stop at Otakarova and got the number 24 tram to Wenceslas Square counting the stops so that I’d know for the return journey which would likely be in the dark!
I walked for quite a while then stopped at a McDonalds a coffee and a sit down. I rested for a while then carried on until I found myself on Betlemske and outside the Klub Arkitectura which was one of the suggested eating places on my list. So I went downstairs to the very atmospheric basement restaurant and had a pleasant meal of deep fried cheese with some French fries and my first Czech beer of the week ~ the entire meal came to less than £6 so I was very happy with that.
But by now my feet were very painful and this was made much worse by the longer than usual wait for a tram. But I got back to the Hotel by 9pm. It may not be the best hotel I’ve stayed at but the staff had done the few things I’d asked of them such as the extra pillow and the loan of a hairdryer. A plug for the bathroom sink might have been useful too but I hadn’t mentioned that! By now it was 9.40pm and I was shattered. I went to bed wondering if maybe I’d made a big mistake.
Tuesday September 25
Wow: I slept so well! This is unusual for me in a strange bed for the first time. The room may be shabby but the bed is very comfortable and I slept from 10pm to 2.30 and then from 3.30 until 6.30 so I feel much rested. I just hope the feet haven’t suffered too much.
I got up and showered – not brilliant but it will do – and then went down to the basement room for breakfast. This too was ok: coffee or chocolate from a vending machine and fruit juice too. There was plenty of bread in both white and brown but all the bread was very dry and dense. But I did enjoy the salami and smoked cheeses. Then some toasted bread with honey and more coffee. There are cereals too and different jams etc so I certainly won’t starve. Probably I ate more than I should but I did enjoy it.
I left the hotel about 9.30 and went by tram to Wenceslas Square then to Mustek Metro station. The escalators on the Metro system are so steep and foolishly I tried to take a photo but I swayed a little and dropped my camera. No harm done but I was well aware that I could have fallen and had a dreadful accident. Anyway after that little adventure I went back up to ground level and found myself at the bottom of the steep street called Korunni and walked up there until I found what I was looking for: the Prague Thrift shop that I had read about on the Internet. I had a good look around and a chat with the assistant manager but didn’t buy anything. The young lady was explaining that a lot of their donations come from people who have been living in the city but who are returning home, maybe to the States, and who don’t wish to take stuff home with them. A great scheme and I wish them success.
I returned to the city centre on the tram – aren’t they just great! – and stopped off for coffee a cream cake and a short rest before walking down Stepanska to the Sue Ryder shop there – quite expensive I found but there was nothing I wanted to buy anyway.
I carried on down to Vaclavske Namesti (or Wenceslas Square as they say in English) and went into Debenhams to use the loo. The machine on the door swallowed up my coins so it was an expensive way to spend a penny! I had a look in C & A for old times’ sake but I didn’t buy anything. I went down to the large Academia bookshop and got postcards, stamps and a bookmark for Joe then got a tram over the river to Malostranska where I sat in a quiet courtyard garden and had a beer whilst writing my postcards. I was amused to see a large birdcage in the garden with three budgies in - Rosie would have loved that!
After my much needed rest I walked along Karmelitska – notice how easy the street names come to me now? – to the Church of the Infant of Prague. Mass was being said so I stayed for that but I do find the constant stream of tourists very distracting.
I got a tram then to what I thought would be in the Otakarova direction but soon realised I was going in the wrong direction so I got off at the end of the line and made my way back to where I could get a 24 tram. But I waited almost 40 minutes before one arrived: just like last night. I wonder why the 24 seems to be affected so much?
Anyway I eventually got back to the Nusle area of the city about 5pm and had a walk around to see if there was a nice restaurant that I might try later. I went back to the hotel then and had a much needed lie down for an hour or so.
After my rest I changed and went out about 7.30 to a restaurant I’d found earlier. I had a simple meal which consisted of a sausage with mustard and horseradish and ordered some potato wedges too as well as a beer. I think the whole lot came to only £4 so not an expensive dinner at all. There appeared to be a party going on in an adjoining room and the beer was flowing and people were enjoying a good sing song. It seemed rather strange though to hear the old Lonnie Donegan song My Old Mans a Dustman being sung in the Czech language!
I was back at the Otakar by 8.45 and rang Tony before going to bed early. I do have a TV in the bedroom but the only watchable channel is Sky News and I can only watch news on a loop for so long! And I was very tired so an early night was no hardship.
Wednesday September 26
I had another great night’s sleep waking only once for the loo at about 2am. I feel rested this morning and glad to know that as long as I take things easy I will be fine. I showered and dressed then went down for breakfast. I enjoy the cheese and meats very much but find the different varieties of bread all very dry apart from the soft pistolet rolls. But the coffee is ok and also the hot chocolate from the machine.
I left the hotel about 9.15 after leaving my key at Reception and asking for the room to be cleaned. I don’t think this is needed every day but will do so every other day. I got a tram directly to Namesti Republiky and found a nice street market on so had a wander around. I tried hard to find the pig on a diving board sculpture that was on my list of things to do but either it’s now been removed or I was in the wrong location.
So I went into the Kotva shopping centre and sat for a long time near the children’s play area. A great idea if you have young children: a large play area with all sorts of toys and rides. There was a Dad and his little girl and also a Granddad who was looking after his grandson whilst Mom worked on her laptop at a nearby table.
I bought a ruler for Joe in the toy shop then got a tram back to Vaclavske Namesti. I was approached at the tram stop by a lady who was trying to sell – well that’s what I presumed as no words were actually spoken – bottles of Chanel perfume. Yes of course it was! Not.
I found myself in the outdoor market near Stare Mesto and enjoyed looking at all the touristy things on sale. I got a fridge magnet with the Dancing House on and a wooden jigsaw for Joe.
Then I found a table at a restaurant right opposite the famous Astronomical clock on the old town square. People gather every hour on the hour to watch the figures come out of the little doors at the top and go around. And then they clap! That always amuses me. It’s all done mechanically so who are they clapping?
There was a wedding taking place too and I watched as the bride and groom had their photos taken beneath the clock tower. I always seem to find a wedding. I noticed that the bride kissed the wall of the clock tower and was not surprised by this so I must have read about it somewhere – I’ll check it out once I’m home.
I ordered a beer whilst I was sitting there in the sun enjoying the rest and didn’t hurry to drink it. But I had to move eventually and called for the bill. I had paid about 24 Czech crowns for a beer the day before but I was in a prime tourist spot so expected it to be a little more. And it was. 99 CZK to be exact. And the man kept the change!
I left the square and wandered around Josefov the Jewish quarter of the city. It is Yom Kippur today though you wouldn’t know that from anything you saw or heard. I looked in vain for the sculpture of the keys which spell out the word Revolution. I knew I was in the right area but again I didn’t find what I was looking for and can only assume that it has now been removed. But I saw the Kafka statue and a nice couple took a couple of photos of me with my camera. Of course being a lone traveller you don’t get to be in many of your pictures. I walked around some more then found a quiet little square with benches all around and sat there for maybe half an hour just enjoying the sun and the peace.
I walked (painfully by now) to the next bench and sat for a while longer then went back to Stare Mesto and tried to find the Basilica of St. Jakobus and the houses of Ungelt. No luck again. I walked for what seemed like hours yet found myself almost in the same spot! I’m not crossing off many things from my ‘to do’ list this year!
It took me a long time to get back to where there were trams and I stopped off at Vaclavske to get a bottle of pop at the Marks and Spencer store there then went back to the hotel. It was 6pm by now and my feet were really feeling the pain from all the walking I’d done. I decided to just eat some fruit from the stall opposite the Otakar and not go out again.
Thursday 27 September
I didn’t have such a good night last night, surprisingly after all the walking and fresh air I’d had. I had difficulty getting to sleep and woke in the early hours unable to get back to sleep.
So I didn’t rush to get up and went down for breakfast at 9am. I enjoyed a leisurely though quiet and lonely meal – no-one spoke to me at all, not even to say good morning. It had been raining lightly when I got up but by now had almost stopped. I have been very good up until now wearing the compression stockings but I decided to give my legs and feet a day off and see if it helps or not.
I’ve seen on the news broadcasts that there is dreadful flooding in the UK so I feel I’ve been really fortunate with the balmy late September weather. By the time I’d finished my meal the rain had stopped and I went on the 24 tram down to Vaclavske then decided to get on the Metro at Mustek station and go and find Dejvicka. To get there was a doddle: just a few stops on the fast clean and bright Metro train.
But it took me a long time to find the correct bus stop for the bus to Lidice which is where I wanted to go. With the help of two bus drivers I got there in the end and was lucky that a bus came almost immediately.
By 11.40 I was on the way and it took just 25 minutes to get there. I went through suburbs of Prague that I had not seen before though I think we were quite close to the airport at one stage. The driver dropped me off at the stop at Lidice right out in the Czech countryside and also pointed out the stop for the return journey. I was quite surprised to see a young man in a ditch collecting something and when he showed me his basket I could see that it was walnuts. I saw several people doing this later too so it must be what the locals do at this time of year.
I crossed the road – just a couple of steps – to reach the entrance to Lidice. There is a pathway which is dedicated to and named after a man called Barnett Stross who had an enormous amount to do with the rebuilding of the new Lidice village at the end of the war.
In 1942 a group of Czech airmen who had been trained in Britain had plotted to kill the SS man who had taken over the running of the then Czechoslovakia. The plot succeeded and Reinhardt Heydrich was assassinated in June and died a few days later. The men suspected of this act took refuge in a Church in central Prague and were there for several days before the SS finally cornered them in the crypt and shot them.
Rumours abounded that some people in the small village of Lidice just outside Prague knew something about the plot and a dreadful act of revenge took place there on June 10th. The men of the village were all rounded up and taken to a farm owned by a family called Horak.
The women and children were taken to the school and were then taken to the nearby town of Kladno and were subsequently taken to various concentration camps in Poland. The men at Horaks farm were all shot and buried in a mass grave. The village was then razed to the ground. Every home, every shop. The Church and School: even the cemetery were all destroyed that dreadful night.
So at the end of the little tree lined avenue there is a curved semi circular sandstone wall which has fine carvings of the women and the men of Lidice. And an urn with an eternal flame burning. Below this down the curved steps there is a large courtyard with a pond in the centre and a small fountain. I walked past this and down the steps at the other end and into the open park proper.
It stretches for as far as the eye can see. Beautifully kept grass in valleys and slopes. Yet at the same time it is almost bare with very little to see. I walked down the path and the first thing I saw was a stone marking the spot where the very first house had stood. And on a little further to the foundations of the Horak farm where the men had been herded that June evening in 1942.
To the left there was the mass grave where the men were hurriedly buried and to the right another pathway which led to the most moving memorial of all – the bronze sculpture of the 82 children of Lidice carved by Marie Uchytilova.
It is such a heart wrenching group. Each child looks so sad and almost mystified as though they didn’t understand what was happening. Why would they? This isn’t how life had been for them nor how it should ever have been. The little tributes left in front by visitors too were a moving sight: flowers, soft toys and candles with little notes. On the way to this spot I picked up a tiny triangular piece of sandstone from the path and popped it in my pocket as a permanent reminder of what I saw at the end of that path.
Next I went to say a little prayer at the Mass grave of the men and walked on to see the foundation stones of the village Church and school. A sculpture stands there of a woman and child. And a few plaques giving information about the buildings that once stood there.
I carried on up the hill then to the cemetery of the old Lidice which had been desecrated that night. The graves have been replanted and it is a very peaceful place now.
I walked around for over three hours looking at the exhibits in the Education Centre and the Museum. I walked up the hill to the Rose Garden where roses donated from around the world fill huge beds. I stopped for a short rest and a coffee before buying a couple of books and postcards at the shop then looked back over the valley and left this place that I had so wanted to visit.
I made my way back to the bus stop and was soon on the way back to Prague. From Dejvicka I went by Metro to the station at Wenceslas Square and when I got over ground I found myself at the monument where some sort of service was taking place. One of the Czech Cardinals was there and several Priests and Monks too. There was a choir and a small orchestra and lots of press people. It seemed to me that this was a service to mark the end of Communism in the Czech Republic but I’m not sure. The Cardinal laid a wreath at the foot of the monument and prayers were said then with great emotion the Czech national anthem was played and sung.
I walked down the full length of the square – it’s actually a huge rectangle but is still referred to as a square amusingly – and stopped at a McDonalds for a coffee and a welcome sit down. I got a tram back up to Otakarova and had a look around for a different restaurant but, not finding one, I planned to return to the one I’d been to once before.
So after a rest this is what I did. But there was some confusion about which meal I had ordered which was rather embarrassing: I really couldn’t eat the one the waiter brought as it seemed to be full of peppers and chicken so I pretended I was a vegetarian and asked for the cheese equivalent of the first dish. I wasn’t over keen on that either but felt obliged to eat it after making a fuss.
I finished my meal and walked back round to the hotel at about 9pm and was really exhausted by now. I was in bed by 10pm but was woken soon after by a group of very noisy women on the same floor of the hotel. I tried phoning down to Reception with no response but short of getting dressed and confronting the noise makers I didn’t see what could be done. But this went on until the early hours so I had another bad night.
Friday 28 September
After my disturbed night I was up at 7.30 and went down to breakfast around 8.30. And to my horror I had just bitten into the salami on my plate when I remembered it was Friday. I was mortified but it truly wasn’t intentional and there wasn’t much I could do once the deed was done.
I did have a word with the girl on Reception about the disturbance and she told me it had been students causing the disturbance but that they had left the Hotel that morning – with many empty wine bottles!
I couldn’t quite decide what to do today: the weather looked ok so I thought I might stop off at Karlova Namesti and look at the large Church there which has the statue of Our Lady on the top. But the Church was closed and I failed to find the art gallery that I thought was there so I went on down to Narodni Divadlo and got on the 22 tram up to the Castle.
The tram was so full I don’t think it can have been safe and this is one of the rare occasions I’ve not been offered a seat on a tram by a younger person but nevertheless we all arrived and I left the tram to cross over to the Castle grounds. I really wanted to see the man and skull sculpture in the Castle grounds but trey as I might it wasn’t to be found. I sat for a while in a courtyard cafe then walked on down to where there are tremendous views over the city rooftops, all the way out to Zizkov and beyond. The red tiled roofs of the city cascaded down before me and made for some very nice photos.
I walked back down to Malostranska but via the little road that overlooks the tram route up the hill: I knew from experience that to go via the steps would be even more difficult for me. I continued down and eventually found myself on Kampa having a nice cool beer in the early afternoon sun. September 28 is a public holiday here – St Wenceslas Day and also the day on which the Czech Statehood is celebrated. I hadn’t noticed that it affected tourists much: some smaller shops were closed but not many. But it seems that the Czech people just like an excuse to come out onto the streets and have a party and /or barbeque. Even the trams all had two Czech flags on the front of each one!
After enjoying my beer I walked on through the Kampa district and found something that was on my list: the David Cerny black babies sculptures. Apparently the ones crawling up the Zizkov TV tower proved so popular that the people of the city wanted some more so there are three just outside the Museum of Modern Art in Kampa Park.
I went into the Museum courtyard too to look at the exhibits – some were very ordinary but some were really odd. I don’t think modern art is for me! I made my way (via several trams) back to Karlova Namesti and called at the Albert supermarket to buy Korona wafer biscuits for Pete and Suzie and a box for Tony too.
Then I went back to the hotel at 4.30pm and had a nice long rest. I spent a couple of hours reading the books I had bought at the Lidice museum and watching the news on TV. I got ready later and went out to get the number 6 tram which would have taken me straight to Narodni Divadlo but I waited for over half an hour in vain until a nice man explained that the 6 tram doesn’t run on Saturdays – or public holidays! But no problem, he pointed out which tram I could get and we travelled together into town: he knew the UK a little and it was rather nice to actually have a chat with someone. That’s one of the downsides of travelling alone, there’s little conversation. I was making my way to the Stoleti restaurant that I’d been to before and enjoyed. It took a little longer than planned but I arrived at 7.30 and ordered a nice meal of a cheese and spinach omelette as a starter and a trio of poached eggs in cheese sauce with some potatoes as a main course. The restaurant was quite busy and they even had to turn some people away. I guess that says a lot about the place. I had a dessert too which is unusual for me but I couldn’t resist the baked apple slices with prune juice and lemon sorbet.
The service at the Stoleti was rather slow so it was dark and a little cold by the time I got back to the hotel at 10pm. I think this is the latest night I’ve had!

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Sep 24, 3:53 pm

Nice read BL. What was wrong with the salami? Also...I know for a fact that there are much better places for coffee than McDonalds, lol.

Did you walk thru the Jewish Cemetery behind the Pinkus synagogue?

You should have taken the funicular that goes up to the park and had a meal at the restaurant at the half way point...Restaurant Nebozízek. Great views and good food.

ST. Vitas?

Was this your second trip?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Sep 24, 3:56 pm

You can meet characters at the at the funicular stop at the top of Strahov Hill who will introduce you to some very pleasant experiences too, it being a big student area.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Tue Sep 24, 4:25 pm

Bohannon wrote:Nice read BL. What was wrong with the salami? Also...I know for a fact that there are much better places for coffee than McDonalds, lol.

Did you walk thru the Jewish Cemetery behind the Pinkus synagogue?

You should have taken the funicular that goes up to the park and had a meal at the restaurant at the half way point...Restaurant Nebozízek. Great views and good food.

ST. Vitas?

Was this your second trip?

There was nothing at all wrong with it. But I don't eat meat on Fridays (it's a Catholic thing) and I was horrified when I realised what I'd just done!

Yes, I have been all around the Jewish quarter at Josevov on a previous trip so I hardly went there last year at all. But I had always wanted to go to Lidice and this time I made it. I think it's probably the most moving place I've ever visited.

This was the third trip so, yes, I have done all the things you mention.

:-)
Last edited by uk*bag*lady on Tue Sep 24, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Tue Sep 24, 4:27 pm

Dazzler wrote:You can meet characters at the at the funicular stop at the top of Strahov Hill who will introduce you to some very pleasant experiences too, it being a big student area.

Do you know, I never went up Petrin at all last year.

Maybe I should have.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Sep 24, 10:17 pm

Hmmm, I was a catholic for my early years...I remember when some pope gave the OK to eat meat on Fridays (i did miss the halibut though). I think that they also OKed cremation once they had all their plots sold as well...ch ch ch changes.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Tue Jan 14, 12:38 am

Wow. I went to Reno last week. Can I post about that?

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Tue Jan 14, 1:44 am

Please do!

Maybe you could bore the fuck out of us with your quality of sleep, whether your feet hurt...and every food morsel you consumed.

I'll start...did you go to the Peppermill Grill?

yogibear
power poster
power poster
Location: AMS 04/19 to 05/02 otherwise slightly inside reality and to the left

Postby yogibear » Thu Jan 23, 1:06 pm

I ate at that McDonalds a few years ago they have chicken wings. I was also harassed by three Muslims there. I found the restaurants in Prague to be crappy and the beer great.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Jan 23, 5:29 pm

I had Le Royal Cheese in Paris once. It fucking sucked.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Jan 23, 5:34 pm

yogibear wrote:I ate at that McDonalds a few years ago they have chicken wings. I was also harassed by three Muslims there. I found the restaurants in Prague to be crappy and the beer great.

Shame on you...eating at McDonalds...There are so many amazing restaurants in Praha. Hell, it's been decades since I've been in one of those places.

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Thu Jan 23, 7:22 pm

Bohannon wrote:

Shame on you...eating at McDonalds...There are so many amazing restaurants in Praha. Hell, it's been decades since I've been in one of those places.

No, you prefer the 'all you can eat' establishments...

yogibear
power poster
power poster

Postby yogibear » Thu Jan 23, 7:34 pm

Bohannon wrote:
yogibear wrote:I ate at that McDonalds a few years ago they have chicken wings. I was also harassed by three Muslims there. I found the restaurants in Prague to be crappy and the beer great.

I tried the food and could not eat it, so McDonalds. Mokem you must not know Bo very well if he weighted any less he would blow away. Stop living in the past.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Fri Jan 24, 4:29 am

boneymaroni wrote:Please do!

Maybe you could bore the fuck out of us with your quality of sleep, whether your feet hurt...and every food morsel you consumed.

really?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Jan 24, 6:46 am

yogibear wrote:
Bohannon wrote:

I tried the food and could not eat it, so McDonalds. Mokem you must not know Bo very well if he weighted any less he would blow away. Stop living in the past.

Czech food is among the best in Europe. What did you try?

Ps: Shezz\Mokum Dream doesn't eat food with any flavour in it. It offends the principles of his club of men with big flags and shrunken genitalia, membership of which is vital to his self-esteem.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Jan 24, 6:48 am

Although admittedly the restaurants in central Prague tend to be very poor value.

The knedliky are incredible though.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Fri Jan 24, 8:57 am

chichi123 wrote:

really?

Did you find it uncalled for too?

:-(

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Jan 24, 9:46 am

uk*bag*lady wrote:
chichi123 wrote:

really?

Did you find it uncalled for too?

:-(

Best ignored. Don't feed the trolls.

yogibear
power poster
power poster

Postby yogibear » Fri Jan 24, 10:39 am

Dazzler wrote:Although admittedly the restaurants in central Prague tend to be very poor value.

Thats where I ate it was some kinda goulash. It was horrible but the picture on the menu looked great. I had really bad luck with food on that trip. I was also poisoned in Paris as well as robbed, I was never so happy to get back to Amsterdam.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Jan 24, 10:50 am

yogibear wrote:
Dazzler wrote:Although admittedly the restaurants in central Prague tend to be very poor value.

Thats where I ate it was some kinda goulash. It was horrible but the picture on the menu looked great. I had really bad luck with food on that trip. I was also poisoned in Paris as well as robbed, I was never so happy to get back to Amsterdam.

Rule 1: Never eat in a restaurant that has pictures of the food on the menus.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Fri Jan 24, 3:21 pm

of course I don't Ms. Baggy. I think Boney is rude.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Fri Jan 24, 3:23 pm

chichi123 wrote:of course I don't Ms. Baggy. I think Boney is rude.

I can think of a better word for it.

Why does he have such a problem with me, do you know?

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Fri Jan 24, 3:25 pm

Don't take it personally. I try not to.

As Daz said ignore the trolls.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Fri Jan 24, 3:36 pm

chichi123 wrote:Don't take it personally. I try not to.

You mean he treats/talks to you in a similar way?

Wow!

And I am ignoring him by the way.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Jan 24, 3:56 pm

Some of the very best meals I have ever had were in Praha, one at a restaurant called "Eri Buni" The other an unpronounceable place with awesome views half way up the funicular.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Fri Jan 24, 4:50 pm

uk*bag*lady wrote:
chichi123 wrote:Don't take it personally. I try not to.

You mean he treats/talks to you in a similar way?

Wow!

And I am ignoring him by the way.

You don't honestly think he saves all his "joy" for you?

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Fri Jan 24, 4:54 pm

Bag Lady....Please accept my apology for remarks I posted re: your Prague trip report and ignore any negativity that I sent your way via the internet.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Fri Jan 24, 5:15 pm

oh suck it Trebec.

winnie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby winnie » Sat Jan 25, 5:36 pm

Boney for mayor?

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Sat Feb 01, 9:47 pm

uk*bag*lady wrote:
Why does he have such a problem with me, do you know?

Baggy, you are in denial. You are also a fine projectionist and pseudo-martyr.

Boney sees this, and finds it difficult to suffer such foolishness from a demonstrated hypocrite.

Slith

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”