Week surrounding Denver 420

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Week surrounding Denver 420

Postby alpha » Wed May 08, 9:24 am

OK I hear you, only WC’s magnificent report and a member’s bar thread that’s degenerated into something about humans screwing up the animal kingdom. Thought I’d throw my two cents in, for what it’s worth and a lengthy two cents at that. This might take several cups of coffee, if you finish it. Even FBN’s usual should’ve been award, winning, trip reports wasn’t finished the last time I took a peek. So here is my two cents worth, if you please, or even if you don't.

It began on a sunny day of seventy degrees, on the 17th of April and here I was lugging around my winter leather jacket, which had previously been put away til next winter. I hadn’t foreseen a small detour back to winter via Denver in April. T’was only gonna be a high of 26 degrees F. and snowing like a banshee which the airlines used to say that our plane would be late taking off, perhaps by as much as three or more hours. I wasn’t used to this, as I’ve always had impeccable luck with airports. Never lose my luggage and flights are always on time, if not early. Well, as luck would have it they said five minutes later that we would be boarding momentarily. Our good fortune held, because the person sitting between us missed their flight, so we had extra elbowroom all the way to Denver. And it was snowing and freezing in Denver! FBN got a free upgrade and chose a Jeep wrangler that looked more like a mini Hummer and did about as well, in the snow. We took off for Froghollow coffeeshop west and settled the particulars with people holding the keys to our (theirs) bungalow. A nice small home, with a full half finished basement and a couple of bedrooms, kitchen and large living room and about four inches of snow everywhere outside. The first significant snow I’d seen this winter, at my house we only experience three trace snows, that didn’t even cover the grass. Anyway, we decided to go from there and investigate Cannaval, which we’d paid fifty bucks apiece for the week and see what it was about. However, we first stopped at a glass shop,that had recently changed hands from the Mad Hatter and was only a few blocks away from our venue. They had the perfect piece, by a Colorado co. called Treetop and for a price that was twenty five percent off cause of the 420 holiday weekend, quite nice. A very nice bubbler with a thirty-six hole showercap, for excellent fusion of the water and a very smooth hit. Cannaval, on the other hand was a bunch of tents set up in front of and behind a garage on Larimer St. There was a couple of vendors inside and some seating and a pretty expensive watering hole inside, but some very friendly people to chat with, including a fellow named Ty who hailed from Grand Junction, on the western side of the state. He had a glass dabbing pipe and was offering strangers hits off his oil, while I tried out my newly purchased bubbler. We also traipsed across a couple blocks to where the expo was being held and couldn’t see much except for many canopies going up, for the outside portion of the cannabis Cup. We followed that up with a trip to see milehigh and the green goddess and score some gear for our stay in ‘sunny’ Colorado. They claim to be the sunniest place in America, but it’s apparent no one from there has ever visited southern California. We not only scored four different kinds of weed; Blueberry, Blue Dream {which was quite nice and definitely one of the winners in the morning wake and bakes), Whitefire (which has an awesome taste and high) and Chocolate chunk crossed with og kush and nycd, if my memory is correct and the last one had a great taste and a buzz that lasted a long time. We also experienced some fine hospitality, with a new form of toking called dabbing, where the concentrate is dabbed onto a preheated metal projection that allows smoke into the watered chamber and into ones lungs, which then is released almost immediately by the smoker. Then, within moments a stone a washes the smoker like they’d just finished a joint by themselves. For me it’s too strong and I don’t relish the oily flavor, which I was told couldn’t be changed since the matter is oil, but found out later, this wasn’t true and it can be flavored. We left milehigh’s place and visited a small shop called Phattglass, which was nearby. They had some nice pieces and very reasonable prices and we both bought credit card pipes that are held together by magnets and maybe three times the thickness of a credit card, but can be cleaned semi easily, if one remembers how they pulled the various pieces apart. From there we went for some gluten free food for me, from Whole Foods and once FBN’s eyes stopped bugging out from their prices we went to Wallmart to pick up more stuff for him and a collapsible chair for me. One I could tote around, since my back doesn’t care for too much walking or standing anymore. However, as it was to be the only place I had room to use it was the Cannaval, when nothing else was available and the two and half hour wait in line to get into the cup the first day. After finishing our shopping and my dreadful remembrances of how to get around Denver, FBN used his portable Tom Tom to get us home.

Thursday was a pretty morning with melting snow and I arose wanting to try the Blue Dream, which imo, lived up to it’s name. It has a very nice uppity buzz that was very pleasant for a morning wake and bake. We awoke late and by the time lunch rolled around we’d done squat for plans. However, I have a brother with a daughter and his wife who live not too far away. So they volunteer to meet us at a restaurant recommended to me, by the people renting their home called City O City on 13th Avenue about two blocks from the capitol building, whose dome is under scaffolding to patch the not so gold spots and other work. The restaurant was quite good and is mostly gluten free, which I’ve been on a diet clear of it, for nearly a year. My brother had a carrot, topped waffle that I vowed to give a try before we left. That and a gluten free chocolate mousse cake that’s the best gluten free chocolate I’ve tasted anywhere and a sour raspberry sauce to cover it with. After lunch and watching my brother tactfully corner a fellow named Larry, passing by on the street, to commit to having my brother’s entire office up for a tour of the capitol dome, politics in Denver, we parted ways and headed for Denver’s airport to pick up Birdman and Bohannon who were flying in from different directions, about the same time. We had no trouble connecting with Bo, but had stoner’s confusion trying to reach the airport a second time to pick up Bird. But it came to pass and we all head back to the house to drop luggage and chill and gander at all of the weed Bo showed up with from home to pay for he and Bird’s expenses, for the daze they stayed with us. There was Gobsmack, Purple voodoo, Lavendar Trainwreck, which made a very nice wake and bake one morning and another Blueberry, I think plus all kinds of derivatives like Blueberry Kush and perhaps a blueberry diesel, or cheese. It gets kind of blurry after so many names, however when it was all said and done we had something like fourteen strains! Way too many , for the few wake n bakes we had left… important decisions would need to be made. We figured on checking out the Cannaval again. Once there we met some folks and partied and then there was Slybear and Bear who’d I’d never met and a real party began with Islandgurl, Hestia and Blueberry were there too. After a bit I turned around to get a hug from World citizen and her mate and the party was growing faster than weed! We left after a bit and wandered over to the expo, which was taking shape. The only two story canopy we’d seen the day before belonged to Big Buddha Seeds, but not much else could be seen, behind the now shrouded fencing. We returned home to try some of the many weeds Bo showed up with from home. They ordered a pizza and a gluten free salad for me filled with croutons=) Had a nice after party that night and went to bed late to wake for 420.

Woke to a warmer day and no snow, which was a great start. Temps were sposed to beat the previous days mid forties and top off in the fifties. We awoke late and got our shit together, late and were ready to travel to the cup by 1100am. We quickly found the line, which wasn’t yet moving, because it wasn’t yet noon, when they let the VIP ticket buyers in. People who’d wisely ponied up the $420 dollars one cost vs. thirty five a day for being a peon who’d wait in line a much longer period of time, for us two and a half hours. From the front of the line we walked a block down to the corner and upon turning the corner could see it extended to the end of the block, upon rounding that corner we saw it continued for another half a block and there we waited. Scantily dressed women didn’t disappoint, but made me wonder what an extra fifteen degrees could have done. Some of the ladies had only paint for their dressings and they looked marvelous, imo. Luckily I also had my collapsible chair, which made it infinitely more comfortable. After a while Blueberry caught up with us, including Bear and Slybear and Bec and Bill who’d I’d never met before. Whilst waiting some disappeared and reappeared, or didn’t til we reached the gate. But upon entering it was immediately noticeable that too many people were already there and no matter where one retreated too, there wasn’t any way to comfortably see the exhibits, or the vendors, or even friends who were trying to keep up with each other. Simple way, way too many people, whose onus should be on High Times for doing their usual gouging whilst producing any event. They sold ten thousand tickets for an area that could only comfortably hold half that, making a mockery of what should have been a much more awesome affair. Four of us managed to escape the madness early and hail a cab who charged us twenty bucks to get us to civic park and with luck 420 was still a half hour away. We fortunately were let out on the side of Civic park that contains the Columbus memorial which we could see but had to go around a high wall, to reach some steps to enter the park and double back to the memorial. It was at this point Birdman walked the opposite direction from the park towards Broadway and the way back to a brewery he’d spotted some blocks previously. Once Bo and FBN had caught up with me we continued into an even more crowded park then seemingly the expo. Shoulder to shoulder shuffling to move around. We reached the memorial but saw no channel’s sign. What was funny was some guy was playing drums nearby and many people had their attention on him, including me, Bo, FBN, Dannymac and his wife Love and Old Fart and his wife, but most of us didn’t know what the others looked like and I managed to miss Dannymac’s channels tshirt, but that dang drummer was pretty darn good! The three of us wandered several yards away, near a norml encampment and got ready for the moment, which was pretty incredible, when the 420 cloud began rising above the crowd. Pretty thick for an outdoor cloud, which was blocks and blocks big and enormously thick, was quite a site to behold. We struggled out of the park afterwards making our way back towards Broadway where we laughingly thought we could hail a cab. They were all already filled with people, with the same idea and we wound up across the street near to where we’d been let off earlier, when most of the people, in the park were scurrying away from something. I thought it was the multiple police vehicles that were arriving for unknown reasons. They seemed to be there before the incident (shots fired into the ground, but an idiot gang member) occurred. However, something for the media to focus on besides the extremely peaceful event that it was. We continued, for blocks, looking for a cab. We even stopped by a Sheraton that had one cab in the driveway and was mugged by lots of wannabe customers. Continue the search only to find a cab FBN managed to hail and we had our cab back to Larimer Street where we’d parked the Jeep. This ride with three people cost $9.50 apparently better to use the meter than bargain with the driver. Upon our return we quickly scanned the expo which was still too crowded for words and retreated back to the Jeep, but not before catching up with Birdman again and we all headed back downtown, for a particular bar that had only expensive parking, because the Rockies baseball park is in the neighborhood making parking a premium. I then mentioned City O City and we gave it a try and found parking right out front. I got the carrot topped waffle and ate only some of it, while getting another for dinner later. The meal was great and I got even more of the chocolate mousse cake to go, figuring on taking home any leftovers. We went from there home, where I was the official door unlocker, since I had the keys. (we only had one set, unlike the two sets we had for the jeep, but the two sets for the jeep were permanently connected to each other effectively making them only one set, so FBN was responsible for the car keys and me the house keys). I handed Birdman my take out to unlock the door, only to hear him scream whoops and my carrot topped waffles hit the rather muddy porch floor. “Doesn’t count if it’s only on the floor a couple of secondsâ€￾ yeah, right. At least it wasn’t the cake! Went to bed fairly early and got up for a wake and bake with some of the whitefire, which I found to have a pleasant high, but an extraordinary taste, with each toke thru my bubbler. We again got going to the expo on the late side and arrived around 1130 looking at lines that were similar to the day before. However, we luckily came in contact with Slybear and her husband who’d arrived at 930am and were sixth from the front of the line. We settled there and watched as the VIP’s were let in at noon and they scattered everywhere, but mostly seemed headed to the recreational expo, where Buddha seeds was located and where one could sample the goods, unlike inside the expo building proper, where it was strictly prohibited. Once all the VIP’s were in the other two lines were allowed entry, slowly, because they had to remove and replace colored wristbands, on each and every wrist. So we got in early and could move around and enjoy the place for about an hour to an hour and a half, when the crowd again was becoming way too many. But there some interesting sites, one where they turned your weed into oil for a nominal fee and another that had a dial a toke pipe, with twenty-four chambers. Salesman for them told us he’d had his first hit of oil that morning and was scared shitless for the next two hours afraid he wouldn’t be able to talk to anyone=) Lots of glass pieces from various artists and one guy who was giving his (ok) weed away, because he legally could! He was quite refreshing. Me and FBN even ran into Ty again, in an area reserved for chilling and grabbing a toke or two. He congratulated us on making the effort for the expo and trotted off, with his glass bubbler for dabbing, in tow. We also met a young fellow from St. Thomas who was quite fond of our (milehigh’s) chocolate chunk, og kush nycd, or something like that. He was also having the time of his life, at the cannabis cup. As the crowds grew I returned to a predetermined tree outside the expo, an hour early cause I could take no more and everybody was already there, ready to leave, which we promptly did, with no regrets. Earlier Sunday morning we’d gone to a grocery store that turned out to be a Chinese market, where duck and pork were wisely bought, in case a certain party, to be held that nite at our bungalow contained cooks who were too tired from the days events to feel like cooking any longer, but we did ask for food, in the way of deserts, if possible. The trips to the various stores was a hoot too, because of the Tom Tom and Bo’s phone and Birdman’s phone all giving directions every which way to reach a given destination=) We had a great party that night, well short of our RSVP list but still attended by Bigbird, me, FBN, Bo, Birdman, Blueberry, Islandgurl and a friend of hers named Stu, Worldcitizen and her mate, Old Fart and his wife, Hestia, who brought what was constantly called an awesome tasting cake, but not knowing it’s origins couldn’t touch it. Dannymac and his wife and their friend whose name I think was Mary were also there. A great gathering that seemed to be enjoyed by all! The following day we did some scurrying about to various places that included a visit to a glass shop called Illuzions, which contains extremely artful glass bongs and pipes, that don’t even have prices, only identifying numbers. I did see one black and white piece that stood about two feet high and had what looked like multiple bowls, but had a price tag of $5700, too rich for my blood. All glass encased and not to be touched, but an amazing place, nonetheless. We wound up at Coors Brewery for a tour, but an arriving bus letting people off said she’d be ‘right back’. Twenty minutes later, no bus, but a growing crowd, so I suggested lunch and we hit a place in Golden, with gluten free pizza, which was quite good. Their custom of putting honey on the crust, to make it taste better didn’t make me want to try it again though. After lunch was got an impromptu page from milehigh inviting us over to his place for some dabs. We went and we dabbed and I watched as Bo skillfully avoided a dreaded whitey. Couldn’t even tell, til he started nodding out=) Afterwards we left to go back to the bungalow and get ready for that night’s reservations at The Fort. A fairly expensive restaurant, in the hills outside Denver that severs up buffalo, wild boar, quail and to my great disappointment rattlesnake, which didn’t make that night’s menu. However, they had a table ready for fourteen, but because of snow and cold weather, had been reduced to five. My brother tried to make a last minute sixth, but was thwarted by an accident he got tangled in the backup and couldn’t make it either. The trip back was more exciting than the meal, as the snow had gotten deeper and the roads were covered. FBN did an excellent job of driving a jeep whose windshield wipers continuously froze up making the windshield difficult to see thru and I don’t think he ever did find four wheel drive. Blueberry, on the other hand, with AWD was cruising so fast that an off duty ambulance had trouble passing her. We all arrived home safely, with Blueberry trying a last ditch effort at a donut, in front of the bungalow, only to be pushed into the curb. None of that anymore, with all the anti this and that on automobiles. We had some more tokes and talking and called it a night.

Tuesday was my predestined day to spend with my brother, niece and sister in law. We tried another mostly gluten free place called Watercourse, which had similar food to City O City, but I found it nicer than my brother considers it and the food was quite good. We went to Denver’s modern art museum afterwards and probably the best thing there was in the old building’s lobby bathrooms. When someone put their hands under one of the six faucets lining the wall they automatically come on and a voice begins to sing the song row, row, row your boat, gently down a stream…. And when hands are put beneath a different faucet you get another voice, in a different pitch singing the same song. Entertaining and memorable=) We went by a mechanic he likes who works on Harley motorcycles, for the most part and has the same passion of flying model airplanes, as my brother. We went from there to my brother’s home to get a hug from my sister in law and find out she wasn’t going to dinner with us either. We had dinner at yet another mostly gluten free restaurant that required reservations and were amazingly busy for a Tuesday night. The food was only ok, but the service friendly. Afterwards I was dropped off and came back to find Bo and Birdman had been successfully unloaded at the airport.

Wednesday, our last full day there was to be spent, during the afternoon, with Old Fart, who incidentally reminds me more of a young fart than an old one. Looks to be no older than thirty nine! And his wife Missy, who have a charming little house that’s set against the hills that surround Pikes Peak a fourteen thousand foot plus hill. Very beautiful indeed. Before setting out for Garden of the gods OF was talked into going to his wellness centers and scoring us some edibles, which he quite willingly did and got us an array of goodies that were divvied up back at OF.s hacienda. After that and enjoying their edibles at the party we set out for Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, where all the shops were already closed, including an interesting looking Hemp store. We continued into Colorado springs where we found the funky monkey also already closed, so hit a local burger joint and went to a 710 club they were thinking of joining. I asked OF if they called it 710 cause they’re open ten hours a day seven days a week and he agreed it was a good possibility, when in fact they called it 710, because when you turn it upside down, vs flipping it over, it spells OIL=) Which was in abundant use inside. However, for a proclaimed reggae night the only song I heard was playing when we entered. I toked with a bartender named Frank I believe, who introduced me to a friend of his named James, who had some very tasty oil, that tasted like blueberries, but was told of others that tasted like a good bud, so it apparently can occur. We partied hardy til OF wanted to leave and we all headed back to his place for a final toke n talk. Me and FBN left our untoked weed with OF who said he was gonna save it for future travelers. Then we drove back to the bungalow for some cleaning up and getting ready for the next day’s flight. The following day we finished the cleanup toked more weed and took a quick trip up Clear Creek Canyon rd. which connects Golden, Co. with a shortcut thru a canyon to reach a bit furher west on I70 where we turned east and headed back to the airport. Dropped off the jeep and caught the plane home, which was still missing our errant traveler, so we had the additional elbow room home too and as usual my checked bag popped out nearly first and we were out of there!

A lengthy diatribe I know and pretty shitty English, but this was it, without notes and strictly from memory. One great trip and a very memorable time, with some really great people. What more could be asked for?

Frosted
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Frosted » Wed May 08, 1:58 pm

1 glass of tea
2 fatties
2 loaded bong hits

thanks for the report

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed May 08, 2:51 pm

My report= What Alpha said. Good job mate. It was fun and a pleasure to spend time with you guys (and all of the others). Please feel free to visit Napa anytime.

Bo

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed May 08, 4:29 pm

Nice report Alpha.

A bit more than your "2 cents worth". Nonetheless, a nice report.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed May 08, 5:22 pm

Frosted wrote:1 glass of tea
2 fatties
2 loaded bong hits

thanks for the report

one bourbon
one scotch
one beer

and a bartender named Frank ... lol

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Week surrounding Denver 420

Postby Old Fart » Thu May 09, 12:34 am

alpha wrote:Wednesday, our last full day there was to be spent, during the afternoon, with Old Fart, who incidentally reminds me more of a young fart than an old one. Looks to be no older than thirty nine!

Jesus to be 39 again...

alpha wrote: I asked OF if they called it 710 cause they’re open ten hours a day seven days a week and he agreed it was a good possibility, when in fact they called it 710, because when you turn it upside down, vs flipping it over, it spells OIL=) Which was in abundant use inside.

That's not quite how it happened..I was on to the OIL thing months ago but hey I was dabbed.

alpha wrote:Me and FBN left our untoked weed with OF who said he was gonna save it for future travelers. ?

Did I say that...? Shit...

It was loads of fun we should plan something in warmer weather.

If anybody wants to trade a room in Amsterdam (or some other cool place not in America) for a Rocky Mountain High holiday PM me.

Oh...but no ACD trash ok?

(-:

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Thu May 09, 2:26 am

just Channels trash?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu May 09, 2:57 am

chichi123 wrote:just Channels trash?

Thanks for your input Gladys, I never saw it coming.

And lets rule out Hull. Middlesbrough,
Bradford, and Croydon from the start too shall we?

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Thu May 09, 3:47 am

Thanks for taking the time!

Loved your report...you guys really got to get around quite a bit! Also really liked that you described what cannaval was like..

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu May 09, 5:14 am

Old Fart wrote:
chichi123 wrote:just Channels trash?

Thanks for your input Gladys, I never saw it coming.

And lets rule out Hull. Middlesbrough,
Bradford, and Croydon from the start too shall we?

Don't forget to put Burnley on that list, too!

Peace, Des.

slybear
power poster
power poster

Postby slybear » Fri May 10, 6:40 pm

Nicely done! We really enjoyed meeting you all too. Hope you dont mind if I add my short report here too. (Its on one of those other forums). And if you make it to Nola look us up!

420 Denver 2013 Trip

Thursday, April 18th we flew out of Nola on Southwest Airlines at 6am & arrived in Denver at 8am. Quickly rented car as we were freezing & drove to our friends Ron & Paula‘s house in Aurora. Bears former guitar player, JD met us at R&P’s house & we went off to lunch at El Parralito. After lunch we drove over to our friend Terry’s house and looked at the “menuâ€￾ from his favorite dispensary: River Rock. We decided we would split an oz of Blueberry for $180 oz. Got to love the prices. We drove to River Rock, obtained the goods & then went back to Terry’s to spark up. Very yummy Bluberry similar to the Noon.

We made our way back to R&P’s and had a great home cooked meal. Another friend came over & we smoked some of his home grown Diesel. We easily fell asleep by 9pm & slept like logs.

Friday the 19th up early & out to get breakfast at our old fav spot: Le Peep. Alas it is no longer there. Disappointed, we hit some chain restaurant. Then off to get JD and start the days toking. We made our way over to the Cannaval at Hoodlab for our 1st T&T of the weekend at 1:20 with our forum friends. We purchased our $10 tix in advance online so no issues. Soon we met up with Mile High, Emerald Goddess, Islandgurl, and Hestia & Stewart. Many hugs & kisses and sharing of great herbs. We hung out for a bit, spun the wheel for dabs, ate some cannabis ice cream, drank some cannabis coffee and really got the munchies. The plastic wrapped sliders just didn’t do it for me so we were off to the Blue Bonnett for a late lunch. The mex food was as good as we remembered. You just can’t get fresh green chilies in Nola. After lunch we headed back to the Hoodlab for the 420 T&T. We met up with a bunch of forum folks including the before-mentioned & Blueberry, World Traveler & hubby, Birdy, Birdman, Bo, Al & FBN. If I forgot anyone sorry I was really stoned! Hope you all enjoyed the 420 beads! Once again really stoned so we made our way back to R&P’s. Another early evening and sleeping really well.

Sat 420- Had breakfast at Rosies Diner with Denver friends & then off to the High Times Cannabis Cup by 11. Found parking easily & then got in the line way back. Soon got a call from Blueberry & moved up to join her in line. Then got a call from Islandgurl & decided to join her further up in the line. Hours are going by and we are not moving much. Apparently there were 2 entrances only some of the time. And when we went by the 2nd entrance it was closed, so we had to snake around another block. If we had stayed with Blueberry we may have gotten in, but by that time we heard it was so crowded inside you could not move. So after at least 2 ½ hours of cueing we abandoned the line, the Cup & $35 bucks each. At least the sun was shining & the weed was burning or I would have gone insane. All I wanted to do was sit & smoke with my friends.

So we headed across the street to the Hoodlab with IG, Hes & Stu. Bear & I had only pre-purchased tix for Friday and the “door guyâ€￾ wanted $30 bucks just to go in and sit for an hour so I told him to F off! Dam gangster had no respect. I told him we would not be staying for the concert but he would not hear it. We were willing to pay a cover charge of 5 or 10 bucks but not 30-no way! So off we went to get some lunch at El Tepehuan (3457 S Broadway). It was great, cheap & as good as I remembered. We did make it back to R&P’s in time for 420. Stayed in & had a nice quiet stoned evening with friends.

Sunday 421 We arose early again, stopped at McD for eggamuffins and arrived at the HT Can Cup at 9:30am. Got parking right across from the entrance & there were only 4 people ahead of us in line. It was a definite Wake & Bake moment as we knew we would actually get into the Cup today! A big thank you to IG from our friend Ron for the ticket. As it got closer to opening time we were joined by our forum friends. No one seemed to mind them cutting in the line as we had more joints then anyone else & were sharing them with everyone. Finally at noon, the gates opened & we entered. First stop at HT booth to get our T-shirts & bags. Then off with Blueberry to the recreational smoking area where we caught blunts and other goodies. Some dispensaries were giving away free joints, weed & dabs. Saw some new products and shopped around before meeting back up with Bear & the guys. Browsed & shopped some more before meeting up under the oak tree. I was talking to a security guard who said that HT really oversold the event because there were not the usual numbers of “No showsâ€￾. Come on it was the FIRST HTCC in America-everyone who bought tickets was going to show up! Had there been any food vendors we would have stayed a while longer but I had the munchies again. Tried a new restaurant, Five Star Burgers (555 Broadway) which was pretty good.

Then we headed back to Aurora. Our Nola friends who moved to Golden last year came over for a visit. They are still wondering why we left Denver 11 years ago. And truthfully, so am I! No I really hate cold weather, snow, driving and suburban sprawl. I was really disappointed that we did not make it up to Frog Hollow West for the big T&T. There was just too much to do & too little time. I really wanted to spend more time with all of you forum folks. Was hoping to chat more with WT & mate & meet Danny Mac & wife. Maybe next year or if any of you are ever headed to Nola, please let us know. We would love to show you around our city & will be sure to smoke you up!

Monday 4/22 was our last day in town so we had breakfast at The Breakfast King (on Santa Fe) which has the best green chili omelets in the world according to Bear. It started snowing which freaked me out. Fortunately the roads never got too bad and our flight was only a half hour late due to de-icing.

RANDOM THOUGHTS
All in all it was a great trip. Would I do it again next year? Unsure as I’d really like to get back to Amsterdam for 420. But we might consider semi-retirement in Denver. We could renovate a distressed property into a 420 B&B. Sounds good to me---might be the start of a plan. Thank all of you we met for making this a truly memorable vacation. Bear really enjoyed meeting you all too! I have been reading the Westword 4/18-24 issue & it has some good info. It will be interesting to see how the recreational distribution & private club issues progress. I still can’t quite believe this is happening in our lifetimes!!!! Many new possibilities…..very hopeful……WOOO HOOO!!!!

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Fri May 10, 11:33 pm

omg a 420 B&B! I really dislike B&Bs because of that. Haven't stayed at many but I think the Amish one years ago creeped me out. Not even a tv. I got drunk and read Amish books.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat May 11, 6:23 am

Old Fart wrote:
alpha wrote:Wednesday, our last full day there was to be spent, during the afternoon, with Old Fart, who incidentally reminds me more of a young fart than an old one. Looks to be no older than thirty nine!

Jesus to be 39 again...

Okay, okay, but not a day over 45.

alpha wrote: I asked OF if they called it 710 cause they’re open ten hours a day seven days a week and he agreed it was a good possibility, when in fact they called it 710, because when you turn it upside down, vs flipping it over, it spells OIL=) Which was in abundant use inside.

Old Fart wrote:That's not quite how it happened..I was on to the OIL thing months ago but hey I was dabbed.

Me too and i knew it at the beginning of our trip, but somehow had slipped my mind and FBN had to remind me.

alpha wrote:Me and FBN left our untoked weed with OF who said he was gonna save it for future travelers. ?

Old Fart wrote:Did I say that...? Shit...

Seemed crazy at the time, since you'd already graciously picked up those edibles, which imo are very good and perhaps the best thing i've 'dabbed' in, with regard to Colorado's medicine. I've tried the sativas a couple of times and have the dose down. But, alas only have a couple doses left. They produce a very pleasant uppity high, that keeps me motivated for many hours, perhaps nine or ten and toking my hybrids has a pronounced body effect, which is very nice. I believe i prefer the Green Hornets over the Cheeba chews, but mostly because of the flavor. The Cheeba chews have much more of an oily taste to them. I guess the gummi candy better masks that flavor.

Old Fart wrote:It was loads of fun we should plan something in warmer weather.

When is that window exactly, somewhere between the ides of July and August?

Old Fart wrote:If anybody wants to trade a room in Amsterdam (or some other cool place not in America) for a Rocky Mountain High holiday PM me.

I got a pen pal, in Siberia that's wanting to relocate, even if just for a little while and he claims to have similar weather to yours!

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat May 11, 6:32 am

chichi123 wrote:omg a 420 B&B! I really dislike B&Bs because of that.

Why?

chichi123 wrote:Haven't stayed at many but I think the Amish one years ago creeped me out. Not even a tv.

Our bungalow had no tv, but free wi fi, with good speeds, very nice!

chichi123 wrote:I got drunk and read Amish books.

Should've gotten stoned and read a mishmash of them instead.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Sat May 11, 3:03 pm

A B&B is so intimate. You can't get away with anything naughty.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sat May 11, 3:14 pm

chichi123 wrote:A B&B is so intimate. You can't get away with anything naughty.

i stay away from them - never liked them - feels like visiting a relative that i really never bonded with... but a 420 b&b might me think twice : >

how about a 420 retirement village?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat May 11, 4:54 pm

Anybody that opens a weed friendly b&b anywhere in Colorado with a view or near attractions or ski resorts will be wildly successful. As long as you don't mind hard work and long hours.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri May 24, 5:32 pm

alpha wrote:We figured on checking out the Cannaval again. Once there we met some folks and partied and then there was Slybear and Bear who’d I’d never met and a real party began with Islandgurl, Hestia and Blueberry were there too.

Honestly this day was by far better than the cluster fuck they called 420! it was so good to see everyone again; the party you and FBN hosted was much better and more my speed. Thank you both for everything and stellar weed, Bo.

I swear the best day was going down to OF and Missy's house (two of my favorite people in the world) wow that was really my element; you're right about the magnificent view, how absolutely peaceful! I have pics to put up of the view from his backyard to Garden of the Gods and Manitou Springs. One word comes to mind... Majestic.

Going to the dispensary with you and OF was one of the funniest times considering the discussion lol OMG laughing now just thinking about it. Good times with good peeps and awesome nature - just doesn't get any better than that. Your trip report took me right back; lengthy diatribe? No, it was great and you're a nice person, alpha.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri May 24, 6:15 pm

slybear wrote:Soon we met up with Mile High, Emerald Goddess, Islandgurl, and Hestia & Stewart. Many hugs & kisses

Yep have pics of that too but not putting 'em up in here! You and me on the bean bag chair hehe :-)

slybear wrote:but by that time we heard it was so crowded inside you could not move. So after at least 2 ½ hours of cueing we abandoned the line, the Cup & $35 bucks each. At least the sun was shining & the weed was burning or I would have gone insane. All I wanted to do was sit & smoke with my friends.

Join the club, gf! Hell. On. Earth. The only saving grace was us and the cool, fun people we were standing in line with. You and Bear were smart to cut out when you did; as soon as I saw the line I had a feeling we should abort mission, head to the mountains and come back Sunday. Should have listened to my feelings.

slybear wrote:So we headed across the street to the Hoodlab with IG, Hes & Stu. Bear & I had only pre-purchased tix for Friday and the “door guyâ€￾ wanted $30 bucks just to go in and sit for an hour so I told him to F off! Dam gangster had no respect. I told him we would not be staying for the concert but he would not hear it. We were willing to pay a cover charge of 5 or 10 bucks but not 30-no way! So off we went to get some lunch at El Tepehuan (3457 S Broadway). It was great, cheap & as good as I remembered.

We should have gone with y'all! Hindsight and all that, I just know we didn't get to spend enough time together. Hestia and I have already spoken of taking you up on that invite to come up there.

slybear wrote:Sunday 421 A big thank you to IG from our friend Ron for the ticket.

A big he's welcome back, anything for you, babycakes. Two more of my favorite people in the world. ;-)

Wonderful trip report, will call soon. I miss yo azz.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Fri May 24, 11:38 pm

Double post
Last edited by Old Fart on Fri May 24, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Fri May 24, 11:44 pm

islandgurl wrote: 
Going to the dispensary with you and OF was one of the funniest times considering the discussion

I thought we were just stopping for gum.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sat May 25, 8:26 am

Old Fart wrote:
islandgurl wrote: 
Going to the dispensary with you and OF was one of the funniest times considering the discussion

I thought we were just stopping for gum.

LMAO

I thought we were going to see a man about a dog.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”