4/20 weekend in Denver

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

User avatar
Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4336
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 4:20 pm
Location: ...Where it's at.

Postby Red Pleb » Tue Apr 23, 8:11 am

des wrote:
How do you know the women weren't promoting their own product, you patronising cunt?

Peace, Des.


I was making a broad based point with regard to women's bodies still being used to sell/advertise . It wasnt specific to the young women in the posted picture, who appear to be handing out flyer's . It is, of course, entirely necessary to do this while wearing skimpy clothing and high heels.
You ,just like me, havent a fucking clue if its their 'own product' or otherwise but having once worked for a promotion company, im more than confident in my assertion that being semi naked is often a prerequisite at events. Calling me a patronising cunt for pointing this out, simply demonstrates your inability to think beyond Benny Hill . So, no suprise there.

User avatar
Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4336
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 4:20 pm
Location: ...Where it's at.

Postby Red Pleb » Tue Apr 23, 8:15 am

Generous_J wrote:
Red Pleb wrote:
des wrote:
Red Pleb wrote:
des wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
des wrote:Any pics of the weed etc?

Peace, Des.


I got a pic of some birds just for you Dez.

<img src="http://i38.tinypic.com/1zxt6rr.jpg" border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic">


The tiny little blonde bird floats my boat!

Peace, Des.



She's about 16 ffs.


I doubt they'd employ a 16 year old bird at a cannabis promo?

Peace, Des.


Youre probably correct, Des . 18 perhaps.
2013 and semi naked woman are still being used to ' promote' or sell ? Disappointing( but not entirely surprising) that dopeheads seemingly have the same apathy and denial of the worth of women as every other misogynist body that still thinks its 'ok' to use and exploit women's bodies .


Please. These women are objectifying themselves. Consider that before you revert to exhaustingly exclaim that they are being exploited by misogynist chauvinist males. Feminism has won all the worthwhile battles in the western world.

If these girls want to dress skimpy and paint themselves its their own choice and clearly they have elected to do just that. I would baulk if my sister or other loved one did the same but thats a personal issue. Frankly, I like to look at these girls bits and their happy for the attention. Get over it and reconcile yourself to your developing prudishness.


Ill respond to this when i have more time but lets not piss on WC's excellent account .

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4191
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 1:42 am

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Apr 23, 4:23 pm

April 22nd

5am. As we prepared to leave we still had a couple of beautiful indica buds. With nothing to eat or drink, we decided to just eat the buds. Would have been better to have a fat, even yogurt to combine with - but the blueberry taste came thru really strongly.

Btw we smoked a lot of different strains and honestly the blueberry sativa and blueberry indica we received from MH were equal to if not better than anything we tasted. So a toast to MH, definitely a man who knows what he is doing! Thank you.

Met some of the folks on the 420 tour in the hotel lobby. Can you spell light weights? Clearly people who liked bud in their youth and have stayed within the confines of the laws all these years. One complained to us that the leaders treated them like they were stupid - looking over the group, I can understand how that might have happened. : >

Also the mate met DJ Short the original developer of the Blueberry strain. He is only interested in hash these days. But once connected, we seemed to bump into him a lot.

Uneventful ride to the airport, we do have a bit of worry about airline schedules since this is the first day the automatic budget cuts begin to affect the airline industry. We heard many already stressed at the airport that their flights had been cancelled. Geez canceled NOT because of weather!! People are seeing 4 hour delays in NYC on their iPhones .... Our flight has not been cancelled and so we try to stay positive. It worked. Between the gifted cookies and the ingested bud we were good. We also ended up in the economy extra seats. Still tiny narrow seats but with extra leg room. I'll take every extra inch they offer! Can not imagine how uncomfortable plane seats must be for larger people!
somehow we landed on time, but at all three NY airports they were saying 4 hour delay on take off and 3 hour delays on landings. There were long lines of planes waiting to take off when we landed. Wow were we lucky. F$&king politicians - they will use private planes and probably by pass this mess - let the sheeple suffer.

So that was our quick weekend in Denver
Many are staying longer and will get to enjoy more gatherings and the hot springs in the mountains. perhaps we will get to hear about it. Hint..... Hint...

User avatar
Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4336
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 4:20 pm
Location: ...Where it's at.

Postby Red Pleb » Wed Apr 24, 6:48 pm

Oh dear. This is all particularly disappointing from one who ive always thought posted from a progressive and enlightened perspective. Seems there's a huge fucking floor in your ability to graduate from rudimentary bedroom fapping to the real world.
Yes, im sure that the youngsters handing out flyer's are objectifying themselves. Id take a guess that any notion of objectification is completely lost on them. They weren't entirely the subject of my comment with regards exploitation. I cant be arsed to go through that again , so see my comment to Des.
I dont, as a rule, share my online Channels habit with others. However, as a couple of my women friends were hovering over my shoulder while i was having a gander , i felt drawn to let them read this thread. Im afraid that Des got dissed out of hand , and im quoting here, as an , ' embarrassing stoneage dribbler ' . As far as it's possible to deduce through online communication and despite the fact that he misguidedly called me a patronizing cunt , i like Des and I was moved to say that i thought such summary was a little unfair. It was, nevertheless, amusing.
Generous_J wrote: Feminism has won all the worthwhile battles in the western world..

This aint going to cut it , is it really ? A 20 something MALE making such a crass, uninformed and naive procrastination. I look forward to hearing what ' all ' these battles won are.
Generous_J wrote: I would baulk if my sister or other loved one did the same but thats a personal issue. .

Ah. A Double standard that reduces your argument to one of a confused dogs arse. You need to think this one through.
Generous_J wrote:I like to look at these girls bits .

I can feel a fap coming on.
Generous_J wrote: their happy for the attention

Are you sure? I feel a kick in the bollocks coming on.
Generous_J wrote:your developing prudishness

This bit got the heartiest of guffaws. Tell me, how do you equate prudishness to someone making a gender based political point ? Its quite an achievement ! Matey, i could recount to you endless tales of hedonistic scenes with the hottest of women that would make your hair curl and keep you in wanks for the rest of your days.
Maybe ask your mum, big sis or auntie if they would happily use their bodies to sell or promote a product ?

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6024
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Postby Generous_J » Wed Apr 24, 9:54 pm

This is definitely the most riled post I have ever seen from you. Its not very sincere. Also, if you're going to disect my response at least deal with all of it.

As to feminism having won all the worthwhile battles.. What's left? Gender quotas in the workplace?

Further, beautiful people will always be used to sell products, be they male or female. Its naive to think otherwise.

User avatar
chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4584
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 10:34 am
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Wed Apr 24, 11:45 pm

i am a man of heart stopping beauty. it is a constant and nagging worry.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11271
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Postby des » Thu Apr 25, 12:31 am

Red Pleb wrote:Oh dear. This is all particularly disappointing from one who ive always thought posted from a progressive and enlightened perspective. Seems there's a huge fucking floor in your ability to graduate from rudimentary bedroom fapping to the real world.
Yes, im sure that the youngsters handing out flyer's are objectifying themselves. Id take a guess that any notion of objectification is completely lost on them. They weren't entirely the subject of my comment with regards exploitation. I cant be arsed to go through that again , so see my comment to Des.
I dont, as a rule, share my online Channels habit with others. However, as a couple of my women friends were hovering over my shoulder while i was having a gander , i felt drawn to let them read this thread. Im afraid that Des got dissed out of hand , and im quoting here, as an , ' embarrassing stoneage dribbler ' . As far as it's possible to deduce through online communication and despite the fact that he misguidedly called me a patronizing cunt , i like Des and I was moved to say that i thought such summary was a little unfair. It was, nevertheless, amusing.
Generous_J wrote: Feminism has won all the worthwhile battles in the western world..

This aint going to cut it , is it really ? A 20 something MALE making such a crass, uninformed and naive procrastination. I look forward to hearing what ' all ' these battles won are.
Generous_J wrote: I would baulk if my sister or other loved one did the same but thats a personal issue. .

Ah. A Double standard that reduces your argument to one of a confused dogs arse. You need to think this one through.
Generous_J wrote:I like to look at these girls bits .

I can feel a fap coming on.
Generous_J wrote: their happy for the attention

Are you sure? I feel a kick in the bollocks coming on.
Generous_J wrote:your developing prudishness

This bit got the heartiest of guffaws. Tell me, how do you equate prudishness to someone making a gender based political point ? Its quite an achievement ! Matey, i could recount to you endless tales of hedonistic scenes with the hottest of women that would make your hair curl and keep you in wanks for the rest of your days.
Maybe ask your mum, big sis or auntie if they would happily use their bodies to sell or promote a product ?


I showed this thread to my mate, 'Jimmy the Cunt'
He said "Fuck me ... talk about a thankless task!"
I said "What is?"
And he replied "White Knighting for hairy nipped old harridans!"

Peace, Des.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16031
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Hiding my leg from the humpers"

Postby Bohannon » Thu Apr 25, 2:48 am

On another note altogether; nice report WC, a real pleasure meeting you and "the mate".

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15330
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Postby Dazzler » Thu Apr 25, 5:40 am

I showed this thread to my mate, 'Jimmy the Cunt'
He said "Fuck me ... talk about a thankless task!"
I said "What is?"
And he replied "White Knighting for hairy nipped old harridans!"

Peace, Des.


Sounds like quite the thinker, that Jimmy the Cunt fellow. What is he? Head of Fanny Studies at Woolyback University? Senior Lecturer in 'Birds, Eh? What ARE They Like?'

You've clearly deployed a weighty intellectual talent in your ongoing battle against the conspiracy of people who think about stuff. Bravo!

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11271
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Postby des » Thu Apr 25, 6:04 am

Dazzler wrote:
I showed this thread to my mate, 'Jimmy the Cunt'
He said "Fuck me ... talk about a thankless task!"
I said "What is?"
And he replied "White Knighting for hairy nipped old harridans!"

Peace, Des.


Sounds like quite the thinker, that Jimmy the Cunt fellow. What is he? Head of Fanny Studies at Woolyback University? Senior Lecturer in 'Birds, Eh? What ARE They Like?'

You've clearly deployed a weighty intellectual talent in your ongoing battle against the conspiracy of people who think about stuff. Bravo!


I'm all for freedom of choice! You and RP claim to be liberals yet sound more like a pair of Muslim clerics on the subject of what women can or cannot choose to wear!

Peace, Des.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15330
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Postby Dazzler » Thu Apr 25, 7:59 am

des wrote:
I'm all for freedom of choice! You and RP claim to be liberals yet sound more like a pair of Muslim clerics on the subject of what women can or cannot choose to wear!

Peace, Des.


Yeah. Of course, you wouldn't say that unless you were able to produce an example of my saying anything of the sort, would you?

Let's see it then.

User avatar
chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4584
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 10:34 am
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Thu Apr 25, 9:19 am

these hairy nipped old harridans, who are they then?

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6024
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Postby Generous_J » Thu Apr 25, 9:29 am

chigusa wrote:these hairy nipped old harridans, who are they then?


Red Pleb had a few in his lair just the other night.

User avatar
Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4336
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 4:20 pm
Location: ...Where it's at.

Postby Red Pleb » Thu Apr 25, 11:36 am

Generous_J wrote:
chigusa wrote:these hairy nipped old harridans, who are they then?


Red Pleb had a few in his lair just the other night.





<img src="http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfpD5XqVpNFThoplqUJek87-c7diIhh1pcP-UeUqJ8sv72VNIw">

User avatar
Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4336
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 4:20 pm
Location: ...Where it's at.

Postby Red Pleb » Thu Apr 25, 11:40 am

des wrote:
I'm all for freedom of choice! You and RP claim to be liberals yet sound more like a pair of Muslim clerics on the subject of what women can or cannot choose to wear!

Peace, Des.



You are Melanie Phillips and i claim my Argos discount vouchers, which ill happily split with Daz .

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15630
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Apr 25, 4:49 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:April 22nd

5am. As we prepared to leave we still had a couple of beautiful indica buds. With nothing to eat or drink, we decided to just eat the buds. Would have been better to have a fat, even yogurt to combine with - but the blueberry taste came thru really strongly.

Btw we smoked a lot of different strains and honestly the blueberry sativa and blueberry indica we received from MH were equal to if not better than anything we tasted. So a toast to MH, definitely a man who knows what he is doing! Thank you.

Met some of the folks on the 420 tour in the hotel lobby. Can you spell light weights? Clearly people who liked bud in their youth and have stayed within the confines of the laws all these years. One complained to us that the leaders treated them like they were stupid - looking over the group, I can understand how that might have happened. : >

Also the mate met DJ Short the original developer of the Blueberry strain. He is only interested in hash these days. But once connected, we seemed to bump into him a lot.

Uneventful ride to the airport, we do have a bit of worry about airline schedules since this is the first day the automatic budget cuts begin to affect the airline industry. We heard many already stressed at the airport that their flights had been cancelled. Geez canceled NOT because of weather!! People are seeing 4 hour delays in NYC on their iPhones .... Our flight has not been cancelled and so we try to stay positive. It worked. Between the gifted cookies and the ingested bud we were good. We also ended up in the economy extra seats. Still tiny narrow seats but with extra leg room. I'll take every extra inch they offer! Can not imagine how uncomfortable plane seats must be for larger people!
somehow we landed on time, but at all three NY airports they were saying 4 hour delay on take off and 3 hour delays on landings. There were long lines of planes waiting to take off when we landed. Wow were we lucky. F$&king politicians - they will use private planes and probably by pass this mess - let the sheeple suffer.

So that was our quick weekend in Denver
Many are staying longer and will get to enjoy more gatherings and the hot springs in the mountains. perhaps we will get to hear about it. Hint..... Hint...


WC.

Thanks for taking the time to write about your Denver 4/20 experiences.

Sounds like you and everyone else had a great time. Sorry I missed it.

Maybe next year? After my trip to Utah I have decided I must live out west.

Utah, Wyoming, possibly Colorado is on the horizon for me. Retirement can't come soon enough.

Thanks again for sharing.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11271
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Postby des » Thu Apr 25, 7:31 pm

Dazzler wrote:
des wrote:
I'm all for freedom of choice! You and RP claim to be liberals yet sound more like a pair of Muslim clerics on the subject of what women can or cannot choose to wear!

Peace, Des.


Yeah. Of course, you wouldn't say that unless you were able to produce an example of my saying anything of the sort, would you?

Let's see it then.


Nothing specific ... but the way you jumped to RP's defence led me to believe you shared his views?

Peace, Des.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11271
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Postby des » Thu Apr 25, 7:33 pm

chigusa wrote:these hairy nipped old harridans, who are they then?


Red Pleb's (probably) imaginary women friends!

Peace, Des.

User avatar
Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4336
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 4:20 pm
Location: ...Where it's at.

Postby Red Pleb » Thu Apr 25, 8:45 pm

des wrote:
chigusa wrote:these hairy nipped old harridans, who are they then?


Red Pleb's (probably) imaginary women friends!

Peace, Des.



I know. The very notion that a bloke could possibly have women friends . Utterly preposterous .

User avatar
islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4365
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2:46 am
Location: Got my toes in the water, ass in the sand.

Postby islandgurl » Wed May 01, 2:04 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:Sunday April 21

(The girls: Hestia, Bluebird, Islandgirl spent more time in the kitchen and on the porch together - I stayed more with the boys and the larger crowd)


That would be Blueberry not Bluebird, wc lol you did get bird correctly regarding bigbird; none of us met BigDanHaze as far as I know, however, he definitely was not at the party. You're also correct about it being a large crowd, thus us being in the kitchen -- the living room was full when we all got there.

worldcitizen1723 wrote:Island girl and stu - IG spent most of her time with the girls and was laid back this evening. Stu has made himself very comfortable with the group of channelites.


I'm always laid back... unless in a stampede of 70-80,000 trying to herd cats. As for spending most of my time with the girls, that's what I do; don't need to be in a group of men to feel validated. Stew is a nice friend who wanted to go to 420 and tagged along with hestia and I. Had he been my bf there would have been PDA as I'm quite affectionate. Well, that and I wouldn't have slept with hestia while he stayed -- dayum another missed notch on my bedpost. *~smile~*

worldcitizen1723 wrote:It was a real treat and pleasure to spend time with all of you!


Backatcha, wc! You and your mate are nice people, sorry about the confusion while trying to bring OF and his wife to see y'all. If you think that's dumped, you'd be in trouble in the dam with a group lol

winnie
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1381
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 11:43 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Postby winnie » Wed May 01, 5:41 pm

what's PDA?

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6113
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Postby Rudy » Wed May 01, 5:45 pm

winnie wrote:what's PDA?


Public Display of Affectation.

User avatar
a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5774
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:32 am
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Wed May 01, 5:45 pm

winnie wrote:what's PDA?


pubic display of Ass.

and.. ffs leave this thread alone, beots.

User avatar
jerkypete49
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6942
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 10:34 pm
Location: Near Newark, NJ

Postby jerkypete49 » Sun May 26, 5:13 pm

Just got around to reading this. Great report. Thanks wc. :-)

Would have liked to have been there. There are some Channelites I would have liked to meet and others I would have liked to have seen again.

Maybe next year.

User avatar
Philter
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1882
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 11:36 pm

Postby Philter » Tue Jun 11, 3:47 am

It has to be seen to be believed I would expect. The same country still have the old ways about Cannabis yet here is a state which is eager to have a model for regulating the economy of cannabis and the reducing of the crime association which is how it has always been.

Everytime I hear about this is a great moment of optimism. I really need to explore making a visit there.

User avatar
bogart
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 7:02 am
Location: St Germain

Postby bogart » Tue Jun 11, 6:27 am

Philter wrote:It has to be seen to be believed I would expect. The same country still have the old ways about Cannabis yet here is a state which is eager to have a model for regulating the economy of cannabis and the reducing of the crime association which is how it has always been.

Everytime I hear about this is a great moment of optimism. I really need to explore making a visit there.


Colorado was a blast and thanks to Bret for being a fantastic host. I'm sure that Colorado will set the trend for the rest of the country.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Postby nemesystem » Wed Jul 17, 2:39 am

Philter wrote:It has to be seen to be believed I would expect. The same country still have the old ways about Cannabis yet here is a state which is eager to have a model for regulating the economy of cannabis and the reducing of the crime association which is how it has always been.

Everytime I hear about this is a great moment of optimism. I really need to explore making a visit there.


This.


however after experiencing the 710cup this last weekend I can honestly say Colorado is 100% legit

Good times :)

thank you MHD


Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest