A 3 day trip

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

nogbin
power poster
power poster

A 3 day trip

Postby nogbin » Fri Feb 28, 9:15 pm

A 3 day trip is frustrating. Long enough so it isn't a kamakaze full-out attempt to squeeze as many coffeeshops into a few hours, and it isn't a long enough time to get into the rhythms of the city.

Overall impressions: lots more police presence than before. Actually, in the last year the police are a lot more visible. When I first started coming (in 1998) I hardly ever saw any police. Now they are everywhere.

Crackdowns on coffeeshops: heard a lot of talk about this, and ended up going to one that had just been busted the day before. I made a trip over to the Albert Cuypmarket, and visited the shops recommended by the Amsterdam Cannabis Directory. I went to the Yo Yo, which is a great shop, a large sunny space with views out the corner spot. Unfortunately, they had been visited for the first time in eons by the cannabis inspectors. They found more than the (I think) 500 grams, and shut them down-- they are allowed to sell everything except weed. It didn't make any difference to me, because I had all I could smoke in my pocket, but it was to contemplate a nice shop like this being shut down.

Much has been made of the so-called "mystery weed". After an evening and night of non-stop smoking with Confuzn and Anty, the next day I kept running across a bag of weed I couldn't account for. I have taken to labeling what I buy, because in such a short trip, where I am buying all sorts of stuff, I cant keep track of it unless I label it. We had gone to the Bushdoctor, and Confuzn bought weed. As far as I could remember, I had only bought the Daisycutter (hash), now renamed to something else less memorable. So I was pretty sure it was the weed Confuzn purchased at Bushdoctor. At any rate, Anty ground it up, and laced it with hash also bought at the Bushdoctor (some kind of "jelly" hash) and rolled up a couple of panatela sized jays, which we passed around. That's the way Confuzn and Anty do it. You get lazy, because the joints just keep on going.

Later, Hebe said it was the strongest joint he had ever smoked, and that's saying a lot, if you know Hebe.

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Sat Mar 01, 1:10 am

Those panatelas sound so darn good I wish I was there.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Re: A 3 day trip

Postby a bollocks » Sat Mar 01, 2:26 am

nogbin wrote:
Much has been made of the so-called "mystery weed".
That's the way Confuzn and Anty do it. You get lazy, because the joints just keep on going.

Later, Hebe said it was the strongest joint he had ever smoked, and that's saying a lot, if you know Hebe.

Eggnog. we need to squeeze the name of that infamous mystery-weed from Cornfuzzin. OR... mebbe he will leave some behind in a secret location for a forthcoming scavenger hunt. Hell, Anty prolly slipped some sumpin-sumpin in it besides hash. OR... She just rolls some damn fine cones. Better hits come from a joint rolled to smoke evenly and deep.

WOOP!

hebe
power poster
power poster

mystery weed.

Postby hebe » Sat Mar 01, 7:59 pm

i think that what it was. they didn,t remember which one or where it came from but the bushdoctor seemed to have it. i belive it was the jelly something or other but i heard the guy behind the counter telling his old friend that was the best stuff they ahd of anything.but it's name is jelly hash or something with the word jelly in it. i believe that is the best rush i ever got and was left standing at the end. every hit was like your first. the back of your head feels like nothing else and it didn't wane.it kept coming at you and course anty rolling away.good times,eh..

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Wed Mar 05, 1:08 pm

Nogbin,

It is a shame that you had to leave Friday morning. I tried to meet up with you at De Kuil on Thursday, but I was a work late and by the time I arrived there you had already departed. I was looking forward to having another game of chess and a smoke.

What did you do with your stash this time? I am thinking that you probably passed it on to someone else. But if you ever need a place to drop any leftover smokes, my place is awfully close to Centraal Station. It makes for convenient place to jettison any surplus, plus it I make sure that it gets taken care of properly....

See you again next time!

buckofive

patrick

chess

Postby patrick » Wed Mar 05, 3:39 pm

next time i am there we must play buckofive.....i played at the noon and i saw a tourney at siberie......nothing better then hydro and chess.......patrick

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Chess

Postby Bohannon » Wed Mar 05, 5:36 pm

You guys need to smoke a phatty and then go to Max Eweplein (Hard Rock) and play on the giant outdoor chessboard! http://www.europebyphoto.com/4amsterdam-tour.html
Pax.

nogbin
power poster
power poster

Postby nogbin » Wed Mar 05, 6:17 pm

Bucko-

Sorry we were gone. For once I was on time, and we decided to get a move on and go to Haarlem. Went to the famed Willy Wortels and Wilma and Alberts. Unfortunately, my nice little pipe with the swinging top ended up in the trash at the hotel. Not my usual disposal technique but I was out of time. Will definitely take you on in chess next time.

nogbin

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”