2013 April trip

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

2013 April trip

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Mon Mar 25, 4:28 am

After three years of no Amsterdam I am finally on track to Arrive Tuesday morning. Already spent 5 hours in airports and travelling and have a 8 hr and a 14 hour trip ahead of me to arrive in Amsterdam at 6:45am
I heard its freezing over there at the moment which will sort me out after the last few months of 35 degrees everyday. Can't wait to see what has changed in the last few years and meet up with some old friends.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Mon Mar 25, 5:52 am

all the best, 27hrs lol

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Mar 25, 2:35 pm

Note the proliferation of tourist bicycle's. Way more then ever. Enjoy your visit.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Sat Mar 30, 8:26 am

Yes I did get the bicycle bell sounded at me while walking across my first road but it was an old familiar sound and made me smile. I think of it more of a Dutch hello

I am in total shock at the price of some of the hash. Think last time around 50 e for terminator was the highest and a few at 40 And 45. Basjoe seemed soul less with the new owners sad to say

Voyagers CS has g one from the worst CS to top of the list the place has been packed every time I've been with nice weed selection

Now I see 75 and 80 euro often for hash and it seems plenty of people come and buy at that price.

The 75 euro stuff from hunters did seem very nice but it wasn't like the old terminator was bas joe at all and no I didn't buy it at that price .

Steroid abuser dude from hunters had his last day at hunters which should make a lot of people happy. The so called clean up of the r l d continues to make the place loose its hard edge.

Great to see so many old faces still around the traps and still enjoying what they do.

It is lightly snowing which makes it hard for me to get around too much but having a great time.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Apr 02, 4:24 pm

Well?

This is not keeping up with worldcitizen's high standards. Are you too high?=)

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Fri Apr 05, 3:11 pm

Haha certainly not upto wc standards

Yep combo of getting sick and too much smoke !

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri Apr 05, 3:25 pm

Wow I'm looking forward to spending only $150. per oz in Denver. Some a little more, some a little less but either way a helluva lot more bang for your buck, especially since we already take a hit in the exchange rate.

Thanks for the report, kiwi.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri Apr 05, 4:04 pm

50 Euros a gram for hasj works out to be 1,400 Euros per ounce.

Based upon an exchange rate of US $1.30 that works out to be about
US $ 1,820 per ounce. An ounce of gold is currently worth somewhere around $1,600.

There is no way in hell that hasj is worth the price.

As much of a pothead as I am, no weed nor hasj is worth more than gold in my book. Never will be.

With that being said. Enjoy your trip. I am jealous.

Please report back about the more reasonable strains and hasj prices when you get a chance.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Apr 05, 4:19 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:50 Euros a gram for hasj works out to be 1,400 Euros per ounce.

US $ 1,820 per ounce. An ounce of gold is currently worth somewhere around $1,600.

As much of a pothead as I am, no weed nor hasj is worth more than gold in my book. Never will be.

Please report back about the more reasonable strains and hasj prices when you get a chance.

It has a far (in fact, infinitely) greater intrinsic value than gold. Why wouldn't it cost more?

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri Apr 05, 5:11 pm

Dazzler wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:50 Euros a gram for hasj works out to be 1,400 Euros per ounce.

It has a far (in fact, infinitely) greater intrinsic value than gold. Why wouldn't it cost more?

No it doesn't. Gold lasts. Weed and hasj disappears into a plume of smoke when used.

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Fri Apr 05, 5:40 pm

Thats the price for 'ice hash' ( a price scam if ever there was one ) . With that in mind ,your calculation is a little inflated .

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Apr 05, 6:29 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
Dazzler wrote:

No it doesn't. Gold lasts. Weed and hasj disappears into a plume of smoke when used.

What is gold's use? What gives it intrinsic value?

You're confusing perishability and consumability with value. They are different, but related properties.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri Apr 05, 7:28 pm

Dazzler wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:
Dazzler wrote:

You're confusing perishability and consumability with value. They are different, but related properties.

I understand the difference. However, intrinsic value is in the joy of smoking the hasj or the weed. I am simply saying that at the ridiculously high prices of some of this hasj, the intrinsic value to me of the expensive stuff have little value to me.

The intrinsic "experience" of smoking hasj is more valuable to me at prices much lower than 50 Euros (or more) per gram.

I prefer to spend my money on other intrinsic values, in addition to smoke.
Visiting a favorite restaurant, or museum, etc.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Apr 05, 7:36 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:
Dazzler wrote:

I understand the difference.

So why did you say

No it doesn't.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri Apr 05, 7:45 pm

Dazzler wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:
Dazzler wrote:

I understand the difference.

So why did you say

No it doesn't.

Because in todays crazy, unsustainable financial world, where governments all over are printing money, owning gold does have an intrinsic value to me.

It makes me a bit less apprehensive about my future.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Apr 05, 9:08 pm

hey kiwi - hope your trip is going great and that you are feeling better! write a line or two - we all love hearing any little bit about your impressions and experience - it's really kind of sad with the rld loosing it"s edge.. i always had the fantasy that all the working women actually wanted to be there - it is disheartening to understand that that was not true.

jerkypete49
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby jerkypete49 » Sun Apr 21, 9:21 pm

Damn, Dazzler.

You'll argue about practically anything, eh? :-0

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sun Apr 21, 9:32 pm

lol.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”