Before I sputter out.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Before I sputter out.

Postby MileHighDenver » Thu Nov 22, 9:50 am

First full day in Amsterdam and we had a Ganja Tour to do. It turned out to be a great day. That song was playing on the sound system when we walked in to Popeyes about 9:30 yesterday morning. I have walked or ridden by Popeyes thousands of time and can't remember ever stopping in. The Dampkring with all it's hype is right across the street, we have known the owners of that store for years and it was always our Haarlemerstraat stop in the past. Our ganja tour guests suggested Pop Eyes because of the Cannabis Cup Crowds in town. For 6 Euro each we got a complete tasty English breakfast with drink. On Haarlemerstraat. How have I missed this place? Great breakfast with great seating with great views. I could watch the activity on Haarlemerstraat and see the bud tender across the street at Dampkring and the budtender at work in Popeyes. A feast for the eyes and the belly. Our Ganja tour guests from Salt Lake City arrived as the table was cleared so timing was perfect. They brought a large glass bong along had it filled with water, we filled it with White Fire OG and got high. Emptied the bong water in the street and headed out on a grand tour. Ended up at the Cannabis Cup just in time to hear the Freedom Fighter of the year speech. Mason Travert was the main author of Amendment 64 in Colorado and he was there to accept his award and explain how it got done. Later in the evening we stopped by MangiAmor Pizza and had a perfect wood fired pizza with every topping and some red wine with the same name. Missed the rain the entire day. Only the cup entry shops were crowded this day. The rest were busy but always a nice seat and a nice coffee. Ran into my friends from Big Buddha Seed Company and they were excited about the legalization in my state and had a business opportunity to present. I hosted them a couple of years ago in Colorado as they wanted to see for themselves what was going on. Now they are free to do business there so I think they will. It is always nice to run into friends around town and get that welcome back reception every time.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Nov 26, 7:56 am

It's been a good week for me here in Amsterdam. I have been riding the Spartamet. It's a bicycle with a gas motor. That thing sits in the basement for months on end and always starts right up. It goes just a little faster then most people riding bikes. There are not many of them still in service so it always gets attention from those in the know. We strap a pillow in a plastic bag on back for an extra seat and just ride that thing everywhere. Today will be the Monday markets for gift shopping and then on to Elkaar for dinner.
Last edited by MileHighDenver on Mon Nov 26, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Postby FlyByNite » Mon Nov 26, 8:05 am

Spartamet, 33 ccs of raw power.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

sdshadow
super power poster
super power poster

Postby sdshadow » Mon Nov 26, 9:49 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:Today will be the Monday markets for gift shopping and then on to Elkaar for dinner.

Enjoy your time bij elkaar :)

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Nov 26, 10:36 pm

sdshadow wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:Today will be the Monday markets for gift shopping and then on to Elkaar for dinner.

Enjoy your time bij elkaar :)

Yeah, 225euro and 3 hours later , but I'm drunk and very well fed.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”