29 October 2012

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

29 October 2012

Postby Dogbreath » Tue Oct 30, 11:09 am

A day of sloth.

We wake up at a very late 9:30 am. A fantastic view of AMS and all the maritime traffic from 18 stories high. The weather is awful today…. Rain, drizzle, no rain, torrential downpours, etc. etc.

We feel so lazy, and still tired from the traveling. So we simply loaf in the room, often looking at the boat traffic.

Finally at 3 pm we take the tram to central station. Red forgets to have her 72 hour tram pass scanned upon entry, but scans when we get off. We are not sure of her pass will still work.

This AMS trip has a “businessâ€￾ aspect to it. I have a very long list of cannabis seeds to purchase. For friends, and especially for some good friends… a married couple who both have medical weed licenses in the state of Vermont. Will get many indica strains for them. My long time quest for the Holy Grail continues: Fresh Thai weed. Does it really exist in NL? Does anyone sell that product?

We walk down Haarlemerstraat, and stop at a bakery. An appleflap for me. Red buys cheese, bread, kookies and other goodies. Pigeons flock to my feet snatching up appleflap crumbs.

We continue on to a planned stop: Barney’s coffee shop to checkout their seed selection. But the old Barney’s breakfast bar is no more; there are now two Barney’s: a seed shop and coffee shop. I pick up a brochure at seed shop.

We wander a couple doors over to Barney’s coffee shop, what once had been the Breakfast coffee shop. The old hippy-dippy motif is gone; now a new clean modern Euro décor. A bouncer at the door elects not to ask for our proof of age. Only one open seating at the window, we order coffees.

Then I go to the weed counter to buy some high end Sativa: Dr. Grinspoon. The clerk starts to weigh and I notice ALL of the buds are scrawny…. Literally 50% stems with very small buds. Very small. I tell the clerk I change my mind and will come back another day when they have new stock and not the dregs. The clerk tells me, “Dees ees da vay it alvays ees.â€￾ I don’t believe him, and order a g of Laughing Budda (13 euro), a strain I have not tried.

We sit by the window smoking, watching the world go by. The Budda has a unique pleasant taste, and a nice “uppityâ€￾ high. Red, who has never been too interested in what she smokes, comments she really likes the weed. The rain becomes worse, and even with umbrellas, we are loath to leave. So we simply hang out, order some more drinks, smoke some more, and spend a couple hours in a state of total contentment watching the Dutchies go by. Such a pleasant city, such a pleasant afternoon. No work, no phone calls, no meetings, no unhappy clients to deal with. Life is goeden.

I scan the seed catalog and note the photo of Dr. Grinspoon buds. Almost all stem and few buds. Huh. The clerk was right. The specifications state the yield: less than half that of traditional varieties. I decide this is a very special custom product. I will buy some next visit and take it for a test ride. If I like it, I will buy the seeds.

The rain slacks I want to search for a seed store in the Jordan I did business with last trip… they offer a seed mail service for 5 euro…. But they actually mail the seeds from England. We amble all through the Jordan, pleasantly stoned and wonder at how nice this area is. Quiet, low key residential. Aimless wandering. We see dogs finally, and admire them, reluctant to stop and pet them. Amazingly, we have yet to see or step in doggy poo.

We pass through the Singel RLD, Red commenting on the women… more ethic, and one woman older than Red. She is amazed and in some way, that makes her feel good.

We hop a tram to Leidseplein. Red’s tram pass still works. Hurray!

Off across from Bulldog coffee shop. Red is mesmerized by all the lights and festive vibe. We saunter down the streets, find ourselves hungry, and start checking out places to eat. Some places have hawkers out front trying to get customers. But being an experienced AMS traveler, I tell her a hawker immediately disqualifies a place, and we must look for a place without hawkers somewhat crowded on this slow night. We settle on a small Italian place and have a small pizza and salad. Across from me at another table is a drop dead beautiful young Dutch blond girl. Sooo beautiful. Lust. But she looks barely 25 years old.... eye candy for me, and nothing more. The food not bad, not great.

We walk up Leidsestraat, Red checking out the retail stores, a wet but pleasant night. We wait for a tram to get to de Dam. And wait, and wait and wait some more. Eventually one comes. I tell Red the first tram will be packed and we must wait for the second tram. The first tram is packed, and we hop the nearly vacant second tram a few seconds behind the first. Then off at de Dam.

A visit to Flying Dutchman seed shop. The clerk looks pleased he finally has a couple of customers. I scan the seed list, and the clerk helps me with recommendations. I tell the clerk I’ll be purchasing hundreds of Euros of seeds during our ten day trip, and this is our initial recon shopping. The clerk tells me a > 500. Euro purchase gets a 10% discount.

Time for a buzz, and off we go to Siberie coffee shop on Bouwersgraght. A slow, quiet evening. I see Thai weed on menu, they note it is imported, which means old stale weed. I buy a gram for 3 euros. Ahhh, not too potent but a glint of that very special Thai high. Lots of locals here… few tourists, which is how I remember this shop, one of my favorite places. Locals hanging out, playing chess, smoking those huge Dutch joints mixed with tobacco. Our attitudes now pleasantly adjusted, we go out into the late evening, heading for central station. Red is attracted by the Sex Museum. We wander up to the entrance area. Red likes it, but it is late, so we will come back another day.

Off the tram at our hotel. We turn on CNN and see what is now called the storm of the century, with a trajectory heading right for northern Vermont. Oh shit… will we be blasted yet again this year? Will my dog be ok? We are slightly frightened at the news. But there is nothing we can do. So we finish off the Hawaiian Snow and Laughing Budda. All is well. We enjoy the night view of the city.

What a life we have here, so content, so easily satisfied in this unique city.

Life is Goeden.

Dogbreath

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Tue Oct 30, 12:46 pm

appleflaps. ha.

good man, keep it up.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Tue Oct 30, 2:47 pm

Have a great trip DB. Awesome to see you post again on Channels.

Ps......hope you don't have to cross the Canadian border again on your way home.....lol

Groetjes!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 30, 6:02 pm

What a pleasant surprise! Great to see you back (both here and in the Dam). Looking forward to the rest of your posts. How long are you there?

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Tue Oct 30, 6:48 pm

Our trip is ten days.

Dogbreath

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Nov 02, 8:29 pm

DNA seeds
They are the seeds that produce the Grey areas product.
You might want to sample

Names are a little different, but the folks at dna and the grey area are very helpful when connecting the dots

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”