channelite meeting, heavy smoking, hash hot chocolate

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Otis
super power poster
super power poster
Location: Recovering from years of racing sailboats on SF Bay

channelite meeting, heavy smoking, hash hot chocolate

Postby Otis » Sat Jan 17, 12:34 pm

Just a short synopsis of a mini-evening in Amsterdam last night.

Left "work" early around 2:45, rode a city bus to Utrecht Centraal Station. For some reason trains to Amsterdam were running late, seems like every time I try to take a train there, they are late or otherwise affected by "engineering works" and it talks a little extra time to make the trip and a little extra analytical work to figure out which platform, which train, and when. But, I finally figured it out. Heck, I wasn't stoned yet, so it's easier. It was an InterCity train but took longer than normal. Perhaps the rain affected them, I dunno. But finally arrived and I walked out of Amsterdam Centraal into a misty cold rain and wind. Well, it's Amsterdam after all. Grin, smoke often and a lot, and bear it. I saw a pretty woman with the longest nicest legs and tightest jeans and longest beautiful hair walking my way, so the sights were nice and kept my mind off of the cold rain. I love long, shiny, silky, golden hair. It can bring a smile even in that awful nasty cold rain.

I love making that right hand turn off Damrak onto OudeBrusteeg (sp?), which DeKuil is located on. It's a pretty good little street, with Manhaattan pizza on the corner, pastries and snacks in the middle, and strong whiffs of very pungent pot smoke emminating out of DeKuil's door. I could smell it in the alley. I don't like those skinny little double doors to the place though, still, I wandered inside. Not stoned yet but that was going to change quickly.

I recognized StemsnSeeds and met BrandX and Patrick and his wife. I can't even now remember what we first smoked, I think they were smoking when I got there, I was late. We used the microscope to look at the fine hairs on our best gear, BrandX was really into that and figured out how to focus it. D*mn, nice buds.

I started drinking a large Amstel (3.60 Euro) and had a couple before switching out to coca cola, my favorite drink when too stoned to function.

Well we smoked, and smoked and smoked, and then smoked some more. StemsnSeeds had a bunch of joints he had rolled and kept pulling them out, one after another and rarely stopping, BrandX had a bunch of hashes he kept pullinng out, looking at, inspecting, comparing, smoking, hitting, passing, inspecting, smoking. Kind of a hash-head I thought, I hope you don't mind me thinking of you like that, and it isn't an insult, it's a descriptive term. I loved hitting the hashes too on your insistence that we do so. The Parvotti was the smoothest, beyond that I was too stoned to tell much difference.

Seouleast and his wife arrived early and a little unexpected and he soon had a flurry of different kinds of weeds, joints, and smoke all around him. We passed numerous joints, <B>many of them</B>, some with hash, some with tobacco in them and some without, and Patrick relentlessy pursued more and more vaporizer bags, bringing over till he was killing me. Still, I try to manage to hit them when I can. Extra-heavy smoking in progress.

I accidently broke the big blunt of Budsie in half taking it out of the holder, so BrandX and Patrick and I consulted for a bit, and a repair plan was developed. For a moment I felt like some sort of Nasa engineer trying to fix a broken rocket with limited materials. BrandX was the 'manual dexterity' guy and repairman of the broken blunt. He carefully wrapped a new repair 'skin' on it, precisely tore off some of the extra paper, and it was very smokable! I can't even recall smoking it all, there were so many joints going around and those relentless Patrick-vapo-bags that the night flew by. Someone had a giant bud of NYC Diesel too that smoked so nice and smelled so good. Many samples were inspected, tested, inhaled, exhaled, and appreciated. I can't recall who had what but I know the NYC Diesel and Parvotti hash stand out but there were so many joints...so many joints...a gang of joint-killers we were!

When I couldn't smoke any more (no, no more, can't take it!) we staggered down to Betsy Boop's and had hash hot chocolates (thanks, Patrick for that drink) and sat upstairs and smoked and watched exercise-people ride stationary bikes across the street. We smoke, they pedal. Life does have it's choices. I hope I made the right one. I kind of felt like I got a little exercise watching that guy pedal while I smoked, and was hoping he got a little of my buzz watching me smoke while he peddled.

Rambled to back to DeKuil, re-met StemsnSeeds and Seouleast, smoked another double-bunch of high strength pot and hash, watched a drunk nearly not make it up the 2 or 3 steps at DeKuil coming from the toilet, watched the staff clean up vomit?? on the floor of the toilet (ugh what a thing to watch stoned) tried to hold up under Patrick's dishing out of more vaporizer bags again (dang, he never stops), appreciated more hash with BrandX, smoked more of StemsnSeeds joints, smoked more of Seouleasts fine procurements, and tried to keep smoking but at that point it was difficult.

Tried to explain where Amnesia was from the Grey Area to BrandX, used the phrase "diagonally opposite" corner of the rectangle that contains the block where Grey Area is located (kinda like caty-cornered within the same block, an older word), and had a generally stoner time with a bunch of nice stoner folks.

That's all I can remember. My brain hurts a little today, it's 12:30 and raining, I need to ride my fiets to the grocery, do laundry, and study. Still, I emptied a couple mighty fine roaches from last night and am hitting them and drinking very strong coffee. Getting too old to have such stoner-nights as last night. It was a really fun night though and I'm glad I was able to meet some hard-smoking never-quitting Channelites.

Bunch of pretty hard-core smokers, dedicated, appreciating the freedoms on Amsterdam, makes me glad to be here.

Otis

dapoopa
power poster
power poster

Great trip report

Postby dapoopa » Sat Jan 17, 3:51 pm

WOW...that is some kind of smoking maelstrom! I can totally picture that scene, as I hung out with Patrick and his wife at De Kuil last year. No vaporizer bags, however. Guess Patrick was making up for that this year! You guys must have been making some kind of scene there, I am proud of you all. Souleast wrote elsewhere on the board that he bought 7.5 grams that night. I imagine three times that much was present between Patrick, BrandX and StemsnSeeds. No wonder you could smell the smoke all the way from the alley!
Too bad about the guy yakking in the toilet. That is why I DO NOT drink alcohol while in the Dam. If the fine herb and hash is not good enough for you, then I don't know what to tell you. I try to get AWAY FROM the all the alcohol here in Moscow.
Thanks Otis, such reports get me really fired up for my trip, which starts in three days. Hope I can smoke half the stuff you guys did!

dapoopa

DrTak
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DrTak » Sat Jan 17, 4:21 pm

After such an outing, part of my brain feels like it's missing for a few days.

Hmmm. Maybe it is.

GT
power poster
power poster

Postby GT » Sat Jan 17, 5:02 pm

man, you guys would smoke me under the table!

i'm really looking forward to the hash, tho, being a "hash head" ;-)

will be there feb 6-15, would love to meet up, a'dam or utrecht. 3 weeks to go, woo-hoo!

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Sat Jan 17, 5:25 pm

All I can think to add to the various replys is "we are not worthy..." (LOL)...

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sat Jan 17, 7:57 pm

GT wrote:man, you guys would smoke me under the table!

will be there feb 6-15, would love to meet up, a'dam or utrecht. 3 weeks to go, woo-hoo!

GT, you old Bah-stud. I will be there Feb 13-17. Let's hook.

Otis..... figure those trains out again. WOO-HOO!

oh............and............WOOP!

Otis
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Otis » Sat Jan 17, 8:24 pm

GT wrote:man, you guys would smoke me under the table!

We could try another Amsterdam smoke-a-thon the evening of the February 6th, or daytime the 7th or 8th. I think the heavy-smoking-aspect got carried away last night at DeKuil, so I'm willing to try it again. I realize that makes no sense.

Otis

Rokerijdude11
participating
participating

Postby Rokerijdude11 » Sat Jan 17, 8:31 pm

put it to the 13th friday nite and you are on!! A smoke fest sounds excellent! me and a bud will more than be up for the challenge!
Utrecht or Dekuil or the local place of your choosing

cant get enough Ice-Hasj
he he he

RD

Otis
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Otis » Sun Jan 18, 12:34 pm

Unfortunately the 13th and 14th I'll be heavily entertaining a light smoker so can't smoke like a crazy man as we did last Friday at DeKuil, but maybe something completely different on the 15th (sunday) might be okay. Are you really up for a trip to Utrecht? Purchase your gear at coffeeshop Wietstock in Utrecht on the way to the Smoke Boat were we could mini-smoke-a-thon? Just an idea. Saransi opens at 7:00pm so we could hit that after the smoke boat, and it's somewhat close to Centraal Station for your trip out then. The train to Utrecht takes about 30 minutes and is around 10 Euro round trip 2nd class. For a getaway from Amsterdam still with all the comforts, I recommend it.

I'll keep thinking and let's be sure we smoke that weekend somewhere, Sunday or Monday. I'll work the plan and see if I can get friday the 13th free meanwhile. Friday nights at DeKuil are a great way to kick off weekends.

Otis

Mr. Charlie
super poster
super poster

Postby Mr. Charlie » Mon Jan 19, 4:06 pm

Otis, save some of your brain for Saturday, March 20th - on the meeting point board we have a group gettin' together. We'd love to have you!

Otis
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Otis » Mon Jan 19, 4:14 pm

Mr. Charlie wrote:Otis, save some of your brain for Saturday, March 20th - on the meeting point board we have a group gettin' together. We'd love to have you!

Okay, I've put March 20th on my calendar to PARTY!

Otis

GT
power poster
power poster

Postby GT » Mon Jan 19, 8:24 pm

sorry, missed a couple of days partying & then wrenching my back (no connection).

Otis wrote:We could try another Amsterdam smoke-a-thon the evening of the February 6th...Otis

otis, my man, you're on, i've pm'd you.

mr bollocks, sir, my (as yet not met) friend, you're probably jet lagged on the 13th, i'm flying out 11 AM the 15th, so the 14th looks likely. we can firm up plans a little closer to d-day.

*doing the happy dance* (very carefully in my chair, damn this getting old thing sucks)

oh, yeah, a bollocks, another thread mentioned something about a hash high being like bees buzzing around their head...i couldn't help myself -
"yes, living in today's complex world of the future is like having bees live in your head. but, there they are."

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Mon Jan 19, 9:49 pm

GT wrote:mr bollocks, sir, my (as yet not met) friend, you're probably jet lagged on the 13th, i'm flying out 11 AM the 15th, so the 14th looks likely. we can firm up plans a little closer to d-day.

*doing the happy dance* (very carefully in my chair, damn this getting old thing sucks)

oh, yeah, a bollocks, another thread mentioned something about a hash high being like bees buzzing around their head...i couldn't help myself -
"yes, living in today's complex world of the future is like having bees live in your head. but, there they are."

No jet lag for me! 8 hour flight from Detroit to Mokum. Gonna sleep, sleep, sleep. Land @ 8:55am, and hit the ground running. Friday would be cool. Saturday cool.

Still trying to get a hold of my hotel.

WOOP!

patrick

Postby patrick » Thu Jan 22, 4:17 pm

great reports Otis, i doubt i can add anything to it in my report. i very much enjoyed your giant blunt and the hash hot coco. hope to see you next trip, good luck and keep a eye out for brandx, if you need me to come help search let me know.

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Nov 18, 7:40 am

Good times

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Tue Nov 18, 10:37 am

all channels members understand paddywank's fuckstain nature.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”