Trip #8

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Mon Oct 25, 11:54 pm

Day 10

Up at 8:24. I headed to the library just before 10 to do my online check in, print boarding passes and post Day 9. I think I will use the library as my primary source of internet access in future trips. Its a good thing I brought a plastic bag with me because it was raining by the time I left. A trend that would continue most of the day and made me glad I decided to return the bike on Friday. Once I had my passes back in the safety of my room I headed over to the AH by the Waag to stock up on chocolate to bring home. Not too much, just €15 worth. I pretty much stuck with the AH brand too, it tastes great to me. Bev wanted a Toblerone (they taste better from there) but I didn't find any in that store. Oh well. I took the chocolate bars back to the room and packed them, then headed over to De Kuil for another gram of Super Silver Haze and Grey Area for a last gram of Casey Jones. Blueberry, Jon says Hi and sends hugs. From there I ran across the street to Puccini and got 4 of my favorites to munch on during my quest to pull an all nighter tonight. When I went to leave Puccini it was pissing down hard so I popped in to the cheese shop on the corner across the street. They were giving a talk about their cheeses to a group of people so I tried to blend in and sample all their cheeses while waiting for a break in the rain. Back to the room to toke for a while. I hung out until about 4 and slowly started making my way to the Donniecam. I popped in Magna Plaza to kill a bit of time then stopped under some scaffolding near Rozengracht on Prinsengracht to wait out a downpour. Next I walked up Lauriersgracht a few houses to #9 in memory of our stay there in 2005. Good times. I still got to the webcam about 5 minutes early and just hung out, waiting out of sight of the camera. Next thing I see TheGuest coming over the bridge. Cool. I was impressed that he braved the weather to ride in to town for this appearance. He lives out near the airport so it was an effort. He had stopped at Tweede Kamer and gotten a prerolled of Haze so we toked it up there for everyone who tuned in to watch. Once the joint was toast I had been there longer than the predetermined 5 minutes so it was time to take off. TheGuest suggested Softland as a place to hang for a while longer. It sounded great to me. We toked and chatted until 7 or so then said our goodbyes and I headed to O'Reilly's for a spare rib dinner. To my surprise, when I got there it was packed with a Saturday football crowd, oh well, no spare ribs for me. This reminds me, at Sidhee's party someone asked where to watch NFL games in A'dam and the standard answer was the sports bar in Leidseplein. Well on Saturday I noticed a bar at Kloveniersburgwal and either Barnde St or Koe St with a note on their chalkboard that they show NFL games every Sunday. I hope someone is able to benefit from that information. Anyway, I just said fuck O'Reilly's and went back to the room to figure out a plan B. I'm embarrassed to say that plan B ended up being a hot dog from a cart. A far cry from my original plans. On the way to the cart I had to stand under an awning for 10 minutes waiting for a cloudburst to pass by. The rest of the night I pretty much stayed in my room. It was rainy more often than not. I was too keyed up to try to take a nap. At 1:30 I decided to do a test run and walk over to the Barbizon and see where the bus I was supposed to catch 3 hours later was going to stop. No problem staying awake, the drunks were singing, laughing and talking loudly well after the bars closed. I finished off my weed shortly after 4 AM and got ready to go. I was going to leave at 4:30 but said screw it at 4:25 and headed out with a joint of Kali Mist hanging from my mouth. Good thing too, I got on the crowded bus at 4:38 and it pulled away completely full at 4:42, 10 minutes early. Whew, I woulda been pissed off. I don't know if there was another bus coming or if anyone else that showed up had to wait another hour for the next bus. I was at Schiphol by 5:05. I ran in and checked the board, my flight was on time, sweet. I went back outside in the wind and rain and found a wind free place to spark up my final joint of Super Silver Haze. 5 minutes later I had just scratched another thing off my to do list. That was the first time I'd smoked a joint in front of Schiphol before leaving. I looked at my watch and if the bus had left on time I would've just gotten there.

I didn't get to do everything I had planned and wanted to do, but I still had a great time. The biggest reasons I never got out of town on the bike are less than perfect weather and a single speed bike. I had just come from 70 degree weather and to face wind, rain and a wind chill factor just took my ambition right away. I wish I had gotten to other towns too, but had no real need or desire to go to Haarlem this time and I have no real good reason why I didn't get to Alkmaar, so I guess I'll blame it on Viking. The thing that I'm most happy about is that I made it home safely with some Super Silver Haze, Kali Mist and LA Confidential seeds.
Last edited by moe. on Thu Oct 28, 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Tue Oct 26, 2:40 am

Sounds like you had fun...sounds like you needed an umbrella. I'm glad you made it home safe to WonderBev. Enjoy the chocolate!

Thanks for the reports...it was nice to come along for the ride :)

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Tue Oct 26, 2:44 am

moe, was your return flight direct to LAX? How was Customs?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 26, 2:55 am

boneymaroni wrote:moe, was your return flight direct to LAX? How was Customs?

Not even. I went from Schiphol to Frankfurt to Philly, then home. All my layovers were very short though, almost to the point of having to rush. I breezed through Customs in Philly.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Oct 26, 2:57 am

Thanks pal!

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Oct 26, 4:39 am

thanks moe.. enjoyed your report

certainly understand about making plans and then being confronted by the reality of weather

yogibear
power poster
power poster
Location: AMS 04/19 to 05/02 otherwise slightly inside reality and to the left

Postby yogibear » Tue Oct 26, 1:33 pm

Great reports moe it was almost like being there.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 26, 3:06 pm

TrekknHil wrote:Sounds like you had fun...sounds like you needed an umbrella. I'm glad you made it home safe to WonderBev. Enjoy the chocolate!

An umbrella would've been nice and I almost packed one, but I kept getting visions in my head of blown out umbrellas on the streets of the Dam and indeed I did see my share while there.

Tall Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Tall Guy » Tue Oct 26, 5:40 pm

moe. wrote:
TrekknHil wrote:Sounds like you had fun...sounds like you needed an umbrella. I'm glad you made it home safe to WonderBev. Enjoy the chocolate!

An umbrella would've been nice and I almost packed one, but I kept getting visions in my head of blown out umbrellas on the streets of the Dam and indeed I did see my share while there.

I recommend these, really impressed with mine:

http://www.fultonumbrellas.com/index.html

All Fulton umbrellas are highly engineered to minimise the risk of damage in winds. We achieve this by designing our umbrella frames with additional flexibility which reduces the stress on the ribs. Most of our umbrellas are designed to even withstand inversion (when the umbrella flips inside out) which can act as a safety valve and prevent the ribs from breaking. The umbrella should easily return to its normal shape simply by closing it in the normal way.

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Tue Oct 26, 7:24 pm

Tall Guy wrote:I recommend these, really impressed with mine:

This is what I used throughout, including on the bike. Mine has lasted me over 10 years and is still going good:

http://www.fultonumbrellas.com/shop/men ... black.html

It was nice to meet moe and hang out. I had to come in on his last day, did not want a Channelite on their own before leaving AMS and after several days toking it was sad that he was suddenly leaving.

btw did anyone see us on the DonnieCam?

PS I will wave to that DonnieCam each time I ride out of centrum from now on so look out for me :D

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 26, 9:34 pm

Tall Guy wrote:
I recommend these, really impressed with mine:

All Fulton umbrellas are highly engineered to minimise the risk of damage in winds. We achieve this by designing our umbrella frames with additional flexibility which reduces the stress on the ribs. Most of our umbrellas are designed to even withstand inversion (when the umbrella flips inside out) which can act as a safety valve and prevent the ribs from breaking. The umbrella should easily return to its normal shape simply by closing it in the normal way.

Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 26, 9:39 pm

theguest wrote:
Tall Guy wrote:I recommend these, really impressed with mine:

This is what I used throughout, including on the bike. Mine has lasted me over 10 years and is still going good:

http://www.fultonumbrellas.com/shop/men ... black.html

It was nice to meet moe and hang out. I had to come in on his last day, did not want a Channelite on their own before leaving AMS and after several days toking it was sad that he was suddenly leaving.

btw did anyone see us on the DonnieCam?

PS I will wave to that DonnieCam each time I ride out of centrum from now on so look out for me :D

Thanks again for coming in on Saturday man. I really do appreciate it.

I was wondering the same thing about the Donniecam. I know that Bev slept through it and my mom saw me exhale a huge toke off the haze joint. Other than that I've had no feedback.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Oct 26, 9:42 pm

i missed the donniecam toke and wave : <

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Tue Oct 26, 11:20 pm

moe. wrote:Thanks again for coming in on Saturday man. I really do appreciate it.

I was wondering the same thing about the Donniecam. I know that Bev slept through it and my mom saw me exhale a huge toke off the haze joint. Other than that I've had no feedback.

Hey it was a great pleasure to see you for a last few smokes before you went away. It is great to hang with people who visit Amsterdam. It's like I get 10 vacations a year anyway :D

Glad that someone saw us, and of all people your mom. Fantastic! :D

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Wed Oct 27, 12:09 am

Moe has a cool Ma.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Wed Oct 27, 10:49 pm

moe. wrote:I went back outside in the wind and rain and found a wind free place to spark up my final joint of Super Silver Haze. 5 minutes later I had just scratched another thing off my to do list. That was the first time I's smoked a joint in front of Schiphol before leaving.

Feels so good to smoke one there before you leave saying "Goodbye until we meet again", doesn't it?

Thank you for reporting, moe and glad you made it home safely with your mission accomplished. Since I'm a woman, even happier for Bev that she got some chocolate. Albeit not Toblerone, I'm sure you didn't get smacked... unless maybe on the lips. You know where your biscuit is buttered, boy. ;-)

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Oct 28, 7:42 pm

I just went through all 10 days and corrected (hopefully) all typos and made some grammatical changes as well. I hope it makes for a better read.

I just got notice that my friend's gunpowder made it here safely. There is some celebrating going on in New Jersey.

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Mon Nov 01, 2:44 pm

Had a nice time hanging with you, my friend.
Thanks for reporting!

Glad you had time to finally light one up outside of Schiphol.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”