Trip #8

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Trip #8

Postby moe. » Fri Oct 15, 1:46 pm

The flights were pretty uneventful, but I did sit next to an overly chatty young guy from Istanbul (not Constantinople) on the Philly to A'dam leg. Hurry up Valium, do your job!

Arriving at Schiphol I thought I was on the fast track in to the city. Although the flight departed from Philly late, we arrived 15 minutes early, 8:30 AM and I was carry on only. Roadblocks: The Customs desks were packed, it was hard to even find the end of a line. I had exact change for the train ticket, but soon found out it didn't accept coins under €.10. Off to Burger King to beg for a coin exchange, reluctantly, they did it but only after they had no one else to wait on. Back to the ticket machine. There was a wait to use it each time. This time the machine didn't like one of my €1 coins and kept spitting it back out. Grrr. Fortunately, the guy behind me was wiling to trade coins with me and I was off to the train platforms.

Upon arrival at CS it was extremely crowded and it took a few minutes to make my way down the stairs. Finally, out in the cloudy, cool fall air! I walked to my Citymundo room in the RLD to find out it wasn't quite ready yet, but as he showed me where it was, he discovered that the occupants had already left. It is 10 AM, he tells me that the room will be ready for me by noon, so off I go. I walked to the end of the canal to check out a spot the owner said was safe to park bikes then went to Greenhouse. I explained to the budtender that I am a cannabis patient from CA who grows and smokes top notch daily, what does he have that will have an effect on me. He recommends the Super Silver Haze so I took 2 grams for €25 and he threw in a free grinder. Thanks! Next I made my way over to Grey Area, but of course they were closed. Heading back to the room I swung by Basjoe, but they were closed as well. I popped in a head shop on Damstraat and picked up a pipe and lighter and went back to the room. After 12 and the room still isn't ready, wtf?? It was another 10 minutes or so and then I was able to sit down, grind up som SSH and toke. After about 3 "one hitters" I was feeling the effects quite well and was pleased. I just chilled in the room until about 3 then went to slowly make my way over to Koningsplein to make a webcam appearance for friends and family.

First I stopped back in Greenhouse to thank the budtender for a great choice and he was very happy that I took the time to do so. Then I went towards Rembrandtplein to make a pit stop at Stix. A friend requested a gram of Gunpowder be sent to him and I want to get it out of the way. On the way I spotted an Etos, I was going to stop at the one on Leidsestraat but why bother. I forgot to pack a comb and needed a new toothbrush. 5 minutes later I'm out the door and walking through Rembrandtplein. As I went to open the door to Stix I noticed it was locked. WTF??? I tried it again, still locked imagine that. I looked inside to see 4 or 5 politie. Oh well, I guess I'll be coming back later....maybe. Next I walked past the flower market and headed to Dampkring where I once again explained my situation and the budtender recommended G13 x Amnesia Haze. I got a gram for €13. It was too crowded in there to try out my purchase (what a surprise!) so I went to Tweede Kamer, they were less crowded and cool with me smoking my Dampkring purchase there. I stayed there until 4:55 then headed to the Koningsplein webcam. I stopped back in Dampkring quickly to thank the budtender for his recommendation. It cut through the SSH buzz quite nicely.I stayed in front of the wbebcam for about 10 minutes or so waving occasionally. I've gotten 2 emails since from people who saw me.

After my webcam appearance I headed over to the Albert Heijns behind the palace to look around and pick up some munchies for the room. I wasn't really that hungry and left with some cubes of oud kaas, crackers, and a large bottle of orange Fanta. Back to the room for a much needed hot shower then munch out, watch some TV, toke and wait for Viking's arrival. He was flying in from Copenhagen on an evening flight and was supposed to be there by 10 PM. He is staying in a room 1 floor below me. About 8:50 the owner of the building knocked on my door. Viking had missed his flight and wouldn't be here until late Sunday night. I thanked the owner for passing on the info and having been up for 31 hours decided to call it a night right then.

I'll report on today later tonight...

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Oct 15, 1:56 pm

Glad you made it ok. Nice first day report. Why didn't you just buy a train ticket at the counter? That's what I usually end up doing as those damn machines always seem to give me trouble. Let me know when you can do a wave to the Donniecam or the Asokacam.
Have a great trip!

peace,
Bo

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Trip #8

Postby islandgurl » Fri Oct 15, 4:15 pm

moe. wrote:went to Greenhouse. I explained to the budtender that I am a cannabis patient from CA who grows and smokes top notch daily, what does he have that will have an effect on me. He recommends the Super Silver Haze so I took 2 grams for €25 and he threw in a free grinder.

Good deal! Maybe I'll try that next time, save the 5 euro for a grinder I usually spend and put it towards more weed.

Great report so far, Moe. Wish I could have come as we discussed, but I was lucky to go in September for BB's birthday. When you get to Basjoe tell James 'high and hugs' from me, please. :-)

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Oct 15, 11:07 pm

thanks moe!

omg

sure do hope everything is okay at stix. PLEASE keep us posted!!

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Sat Oct 16, 3:10 am

hey moe. sorry you may be disappointed to find out that SOLO (formerly STIX) no longer has gunpowder on the menu... i was just there a week or so ago and was sad to hear this :(
Jon was even out of crystals at the time, but hopefully Grey Area will have them now!

have a safe and fun trip,
BlueBerry

yogibear
power poster
power poster
Location: AMS 04/19 to 05/02 otherwise slightly inside reality and to the left

Postby yogibear » Sat Oct 16, 2:29 pm

Great report moe. Is this your first trip back since we met in 2007 at the Cup?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat Oct 16, 5:34 pm

Day 2

Up at 8:15. 11+ hours of sleep did the trick. After a quick freshen up and wake & bake I'm out the door to locate a bike rental place I found that rents unmarked bikes for €5 a day. They weren't open yet so I headed back to the room and verified I had the right address, I did, but I missed the A. Next I headed over to O'Reilly's for a traditional Irish brekkie. It was great. My first real meal since getting here. Next back to the bike shop - they're open now! After working out my deal I headed over to the ATM and right back. If I rent for a week I get 1 day free. Cool, sign me up. After some quick instructions on how and where (and where not) to lock it up, I'm on my way to this internet shop on Overtoom to type my first report. I get to the shop and promptly broke the lock. I cursed all the way back to the bike shop. When I got there I said "I think I broke the friggin' lock!" The guy says "No, those things almost never break, let me see it." I pull it out of my pocket and he looks at it. "Yes, it is broken. That almost never happens." "Yeah, I know, you just said." A few minutes and a new lock later I'm on my way back to Overtoom again. While writing my report I hear a familiar sound and look outside... fuck, its raining. Looks like I get to do my first ride in the rain sooner than later. After finishing my report, checking email, the latest bootlegs on qualitybootz, etc., I braced myself for a ride in the rain. I decided to head back to Stix and see what was going on there. All was going well until I got to Rembrandtplein. Where did the bike lane go? Oh well, guess I gotta ride where the trams go. As I got to Utrechtsestraat and went to negotiate my right turn, I got my front wheel caught in the wet tram tracks. Next thing I know, the left side of my face connects with the pavement. I jumped right up, I'm OK, I'm OK. Fuck, the side of my face hurts. Oh well just a couple of blocks to Stix, I'll deal with it there. A couple that saw it happen asked if I was OK and I said yes and that I would take care of it soon. "OK, but you are bleeding some." Walking in to Stix the lady budtender sees my wound and asks what happened. I explained as she got me a tissue. I cleaned up as best as I could and she applied a bandage. Nice lady. I then proceeded to order the Gunpowder and she said "Yes, you're lucky, we still have some." I then asked about the police. She said that basically they were bored and came in to make the shop's day miserable for something to do. Next I headed back to the room, locked up my bike and headed over to Greenhouse to get a gram of K2 that the dealer had told me was quite good when I was in the day before. I figured it would be good for pain relief. I got 2 gr for €19 and went back to my room. It had a nice relaxing effect and took my off of my sore head for a bit. I chilled until 5 or so then went back to the internet place to chat with my girlfriend and a few others on Yahoo IM telling them what had happened and assuring them I was alright. Heck I got back on and rode, I'm no puss. After that it was time for dinner. I've heard a lot about this Burger Bar so I went and checked them out. I got a take away order and headed for my room. On the corner there is a coffee place, a chain that I'm seeing all over the city, and they had a chocolate torte that looked really good, a slice of that was dessert. I locked myself in for the evening and started to chow. Burger Bar fucked up my order. They put all kinds of shit on it that I didn't order, everything but the ketchup that I asked and paid for that is. Who knows, maybe I got someone else's burger, but it was a bad experience for me. Oh, and their sign says that all burgers are served medium well unless otherwise requested. This one was raw in the middle. The torte on the other hand was lekker. I had planned to go to a local coffeeshop after dinner to chill for a while but I was noticing that my left wrist was feeling sprained and other bumps and bruises on my left leg and knee were taking their toll so I decided to take a Percocet and toke what I'd accumulated so far instead. I watched the craziness outside my window on O.Z. Achterburgwal and TV until about 1 AM. I'd had my fill and it was time for lights out.

I'll answer questions/replies as I get the time...
Last edited by moe. on Thu Oct 28, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sat Oct 16, 6:11 pm

those tracks... dangerous little buggers

hope you applied plenty of ice on those bruises!

Also don't be afraid to massage them firmly and deeply - even if it hurts it will aid in your healing quickly

(after a couple of days alternating wet heat and cold helps)

Even in pain, it's good to be in Amsterdam!

thanks for sharing your experience : >

WonderBev
new
new

Postby WonderBev » Sat Oct 16, 6:30 pm

Nice report, babe. Wish I were there. Miss you!

yogibear
power poster
power poster
Location: AMS 04/19 to 05/02 otherwise slightly inside reality and to the left

Postby yogibear » Sat Oct 16, 7:03 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:those tracks... dangerous little buggers

Also don't be afraid to massage them firmly and deeply - even if it hurts it will aid in your healing quickly

I've cracked ribs, caught pneumonia on one trip. Blown my knee on another trip. Still had a great time.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sat Oct 16, 7:31 pm

yogibear wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote:those tracks... dangerous little buggers

I've cracked ribs, caught pneumonia on one trip. Blown my knee on another trip. Still had a great time.

lol

a number of years ago - i had a back accident (herniated disc with a piece of disc lodged between my vertebrae.) I could not sit or stand and was supposed to leave in 36 hours, remaining in motion and walking was strangely the best) Figured wtf could be physically miserable in NY or miserable in Amsterdam. Much better to be in Amsterdam : > literally walked the entire plane ride in both directions. the flight attendants even let me lie flat on the floor in the aisle to ease the pain. Needless to say, we had a great time. Although i certainly must have appeared a crazy person- sitting in the fancy restaurant at the Europa Hotel, all of a sudden i slip down and lie on my back under the table. then standing to et my food. (what a sight!) I was under the table at every coffeeshop and restaurant in the city.) did the pneumonia thing too on another trip.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Sat Oct 16, 8:24 pm

Thanks moe., enjoying this report.

Peace,
Balou

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Sat Oct 16, 8:38 pm

WonderBev wrote:Nice report, babe. Wish I were there. Miss you!

WonderBev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkiBumming
super poster
super poster

Postby SkiBumming » Sat Oct 16, 9:33 pm

BlueBerry wrote:hey moe. sorry you may be disappointed to find out that SOLO (formerly STIX) no longer has gunpowder on the menu... i was just there a week or so ago and was sad to hear this :(
Jon was even out of crystals at the time, but hopefully Grey Area will have them now!

BlueBerry

BB!!!!!! Miss ya babe!

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sat Oct 16, 9:48 pm

moe-

if it's your style -

could you talk to budtenders and owners and find out their thoughts on the new government's agenda.

inquiring minds want to know : >

ENJOY!!!

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Sat Oct 16, 10:24 pm

Pretty darn good report, looking forward to more I hope. Don't see reports on here too often anymore, really appreciate your time.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun Oct 17, 4:51 pm

Day 3

I'm feeling much better, thanks. Up before 9. A hot shower and wake 'n bake are at the top of the to do list, lasting to 11ish. Its a mixed bag of weather outside. Huge clouds moving through very quickly, very windy, a quick spritz then back to blustery. By 11 I'm on the bike and headed to La Grotte for breakfast. Traditional English today. While eating I remember my chat with Hamsterhannon yesterday and him telling me that Tak would be working at a market on Prinsengracht today, so I figured what the hell, I have no other plans. I rode past his houseboat and the market was just a couple minutes away. Within 15 minutes or so of walking around looking at and sampling all the lekker foods in the farmers market portion, I found him and his wife working in their stall. We chatted for a bit and made plans to see each other again in the next couple of days. I found he and his wife to be very nice people. From there it was off to ride through Vondelpark but as I got to the Dam it started spritzing again. Maybe I'll go back to the room and freshen up the buzz since I'm so close. As I was locking up my bike a few buildings down from my room it started pissing down and I got my second shower of the day. I preferred the first one tyvm. It was all over in 15 minutes and that would be the last of the rain. I decided to go over to Basjoe and meet James, the budtender that I've heard is so cool. He is very much a cool person and made me feel welcome from the moment we first spoke. He suggested the AK-47 as he was out of both hazes until Monday. I got 1 gr for €9. It is OK, a good first smoke of the day over morning tea, but I prefer stronger. I smoked a few bowls there and drank an orange Fanta then headed back towards the room. The weather was definitely much better so its time to head off on that aborted bike ride. I headed south on the canal to the college then hung a right over to Rokin, up Rokin to Muntplein then down Vijzelstraat past the Heineken Brewery. I took a right and found myself on the other side of the canal from the back end of the Rijksmuseum. As I rode past the Iamsterdam sign in the Museumplein a guy walking past was reading it to his friends with the emphasis on "I". I turned and said, "No you're not, I am!" laughing as I rode away. I headed down Van Baerlestraat towards Vondelpark. What the heck, I'm here. I walked my bike down the steps and headed off towards the south end of the park on the Overtoom side. When I got to the end I came out and rode north on Overtoom. The Overtoom webcams are still in place, but I wasn't able to view them last time I checked. I stopped at a shop on Overtoom that sells nothing but maps and got a cycling map for this area of Holland. If the weather cooperates I plan to do a ride to Zandvoort stopping for lunch in Haarlem. From there it was a couple blocks to the internet shop to do my daily post and Yahoo IM chat session with my girlfriend and others. 2 hours later it is off to try La Perla pizzeria. This place is a keeper. When I got there it was packed, not hard to do as they are tiny, but all seating was constantly occupied. The pizza is not at all greasy like what I get at home. I had the 4 cheese pizza and when it was served to me I saw what I thought were two lumps of broccoli. When I tasted it, it was some sort of blue cheese - awesome! I had no trouble dusting that tasty pie. Two thumbs up worldcitizen1723, you know how to pick 'em! I will be back again with Viking. On my way back to the room I sadly got my first kill. Riding past the monument in the Dam, by that cheesy yellow clog, headed towards the RLD, 3 tourists started off the curb. The first two saw me, and the second one put his hand on the third one's shoulder, but she wasn't looking and kept on walking. She went down like a sack of potatoes. The first thing I did was ask if she was OK, but she wouldn't look at me. I figured, if thats the way you're going to be and said " You gotta watch where you're going. Pay attention!" and rode off down the street to my room. A while later I walked over to Grey Area on the off chance that they were still open. Of course they weren't, but Jon was still in there with a lady chatting. On the way back, as I got about to Madame Tussaud's, all these cop cars started appearing out of nowhere from every direction, marked and unmarked, all headed down Damstraat. As I got to OZ Voorburgwal they were just wrapping what ever was going on up and there was still quite a crowd half way down the block. I never did find out for sure wtf was going on. From there it was back to the room to toke, watch TV (I saw Robin Williams last stand up gig, parts were funny) and watch the craziness outside my window. I somehow set the smoke alarm off, I don't know how, I'd definitely smoked more in there on other occasions, but I ended up taking it down, taking the battery out and opening the window for a while. No more issues since then. I finally called it a night around 12:30 or so.
Last edited by moe. on Thu Oct 28, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sun Oct 17, 5:16 pm

must have been pretty smokey!!! : >

glad you agree about La Perla

thanks so much for your TR!

have another great day!

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Sun Oct 17, 7:45 pm

Great reports...hope your face is ok :)

Please keep them coming...you've even managed to bring out WonderBev!

When is the Magnum bar moment coming???

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Sun Oct 17, 8:28 pm

Nice reporting moe., keep 'em coming!

Hi to Bev...last saw you & moe in Desert Hot Springs...

WonderBev
new
new

Postby WonderBev » Mon Oct 18, 10:39 pm

Hey you guys. Nice to see you all. :-)

I guess he was too busy having fun to write tonight. Lucky moe!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 19, 9:30 am

Day 4

I woke up around 8.30 (the computer I'm using now is cheaper, but has a different keyboard and I'm having trouble finding some characters) and looked out the window, clear and sunny, I sure hope it stays that way. I have no real plans for today so so I went back to bed and laid there until around 10. I made a cup of tea and ground up some AK-47 to see how it is on a clear head. It is a very quiet Sunday morning in the RLD, very few people out and about. A nice hot shower and its back to my window seat for another cup of tea and more one hitters. When it got to be noon I decided to head over to Grey Area and see what Jon has to offer. When I went in he treated me like an old friend. He set me up with a gram of Casey Jones and a pear Looza for €12.50. I sat at the counter along the wall and ground some up. Very tasty stuff, potent too. I got talking with a couple of American guys, one of which posts on ACD, I didn't ask his screen name since I rarely go there. He mentioned a meet 'n toke at Basjoe tomorrow evening which sounded great, but I can tell you now that Basjoe was closed Monday night. After a good 45 minutes or so I headed back in the direction of my room and then on to Waterlooplein to find that it is closed on Sundays. Oh well, I'll be back, I haven't been there since 2005. Off to the Alert Heijns by the Waag to get some things to take home, then back to my room. As I went in, I noticed the door to Viking's room open for cleaning so I went in for a peek. The first thing I noticed was how much smaller it was. Next I looked at the ceiling as mine is low and he is tall. The ceiling was very high, no problems there. He also has a TV, microwave, mini fridge [no freezer] and tiny sink. His TV is flat screen, I'm jealous, mine is a 13"CRT job. He should be here by 10 or so tonight, cool, I can't wait. Another toke/chill session that lasts until close to 4, then off to the internet shop to post and chat with Bev. When I wrapped up there I told her to pull up the Donniecam and I'd be waving to her in 5 minutes. It was getting to be dusk so I rode quickly. I do know that she saw me and got screen grabs. When I had breakfast at O'Reilly's the other morning I noticed an ad for a ribs and chip dinner for €11, that was to be dinner tonight. It was very tasty. After dinner it was getting close to Viking's arrival time so I headed back to watch some TV and wait. Hmm, Dam Square has changed since this afternoon, the carnival ride trucks have arrived and are beginning to set up. Woo hoo! At 11 I still hadn't heard from him so I went to his room, the son of a bitch is sitting there making tea. How long you been here? About half an hour or so. You knew I'd be here waiting, why didn't you let me know when you got here? Some sort of lame reply. Sigh. He brought his tea up to my room and we sparked up some of the Casey Jones then headed over to Greenhouse so he could get some gear. He got a couple kinds of hash (what a surprise!) and I got another gram of Super Silver Haze. Its tough for me to toke with Viking because he puts tobacco in his joints and I avoid it like the plague. From there we took a cruise around the RLD taking in the circus that it is on a weekend night, then back to the place to toke and chat until 2 AM.
Last edited by moe. on Thu Oct 28, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 19, 10:26 am

Day 5

Up at 8:30 head to the shower and make tea. A few tokes and down to see if Viking is up yet. Not only is he up, but dressed and ready for the day as well. Off to the ATM to get some much needed cash and get a rental bike for Viking. No one there again, damn. Oh well, what now? Off to try to find a phone store thats open before 1PM on a Monday so Viking can put time on his SIM cards or buy new ones or something. We ended up at Leidseplein and by this time I learned that Viking was not happy with his room and wanted out so we headed over to his favorite hotel, Museumzicht. Luck is with him and they have a room for him. A phone call to the current place and he is free to switch rooms. Afterwards we found an open phone store on Van Baerlestraat and that chore was taken care of. Back to the bike shop, still not open, but a guy answers the door this time and tells us to come back in an hour when the manager is there. What now? We haven't eaten yet so we head over to O'Reilly's for Full Irish brekkie. As soon as we ordered Viking hauled ass back to his first room to clean out his remaining stuff. He got back just a couple minutes after we were served. Great timing! It seems the manager had time to think about the situation and get pissed off about it, he charged Viking for an extra night. Oh well. Back to the bike shop. This time the manager is there but asks if we can come back in half an hour. I point out that this is our third trip there already and 5 minutes later Viking has a bike. We part ways here for a while with a plan of meeting up at Katsu between 3 and 3:30. I went to Centraal Station to find out just what time I have to get my bones moving on Sunday to get to Schiphol by 6 AM. The lady at the counter put in my date and time and informed me that the train tracks would be closed then for maintenance. Ordinarily a train would run once an hour all night long. I now have to take a coach bus from in front of the Barbizon, but still buy a train ticket. I know I can buy the ticket in advance, but I still have to be out of my room by 4:15 to catch the 4:52 bus. I am not looking forward to this part of the trip even more now. Next stop, Katsu. I got there at 3:05, Viking got there at 3:55. I got some OG Kush #18 for €12 I think and Viking got some hash. We toked there for a while then went down A.Cuypstraat as things were closing up for the day. We ended up at Carmona coffeeshop next, which is where I will be posting the rest of my reports from. They open an hour earlier and close an hour later than the place on Overtoom and I can get 6 hours for €10. This time all I did was chat with Bev, no post. That is why I am posting 2 days now. The weather had taken another turn for the worse and a light rain was falling now. Oh boy, another shower. We headed back towards my room. When it stopped raining we rode over to La Perla. Viking said it is the best pizza he has had outside of Italy. Next stop, Bluebird. I got a gram of Blue Cheese and Viking got.....some hash. While we were there Viking got a text from TheGuest. He was at Hunter's Bar. On the way out I asked the manager what he thought about the situation with the new government and he got all animated. He said that nobody is sure what is going to happen and everyone is concerned and taking it very seriously. He said everyone at Bluebird was worried about losing their jobs. Membership will not work because 95% of their business is tourists and locals will not buy memberships. We walked over to Hunter's and stayed until closing time, 1 AM. We walked back to my area where Viking hopped on his bike and I headed up to my room.
Last edited by moe. on Thu Oct 28, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Tue Oct 19, 10:51 am

Hey quick and nice reports moe :) I did a double-take, wow so quickly uploaded!

See you later today. I will try not to blow the tobacco near you but that pipe of yours can't be good for you either ;)

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Oct 19, 2:40 pm

Great reporting Moe! Is Viking's favorite hotel the "Museumnacht"? at the corner of Van Baerlstraat and Jan Lukenstraat (I think)? The top two stories of an old huis? If so I have been there many times prior to it being a hotel. A nice dutchie named Hans Shulyer (sic?) owns the huis and sold the top two floors to the hotel 6 or 7 years ago. I wonder how old Hans and his cats are doing. He was/is a character. I met him thru a former channelite who went by "JimL".
Keep on having a good time and reporting please.

Peace;
Bo

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Tue Oct 19, 2:54 pm

How's your face???

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue Oct 19, 8:10 pm

Nice job Moe... appreciate the efforts... I hope you brought Bev's camera if you are taking pictures...
Enjoy the trip! Best to Viking and theGuest!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Wed Oct 20, 10:05 am

Day 6

Up at 8:10 today. Straight to the shower then back to the room to dress and its out the door to Carmona coffeeshop to post 2 days worth of reports and get my wake 'n bake in. Everything is a bit crazier since Viking got here and its harder to find time to write down notes and get some uninterrupted time to put them into a report and post it. I got to Carmona by 9:15 and got right to work. Viking rolled in about 10:45 just as I was wrapping up day 5. We hung out for a bit while he had his wake 'n bake and I freshened mine up. Next stop was an ATM to get money for some souvenirs a friend back home wants me to bring back. I ended up using one at the Waterlooplein post office. I got a couple of things on my friend's list and then we rode to Grey Area for some gear. I got a gram of Casey Jones and Viking got a gram of the same and some hash. I saw the ACD guy there again. Next stop is the bike shop to see if they will put bells on our bikes, not only did they do that, they raised Viking's seat to a better level and gave him the front and rear lights they forgot to give him the day before. As we rode off Viking commented on how much better the bike felt with the seat raised. Next on the agenda was something to eat at La Grotte. We both got a bacon and cheese Uitsmijter and it was very good. We've been dodging the rain all day, traveling in between spurts, this trend would continue until we part ways for the night. Viking had mentioned this morning that it pissed down hard right after he got back to his hotel last night, I never heard a thing. I finally have a plastic bag to put on my bike seat, so hopefully no more wet butts. Where to go now? I'm running out of ideas. Basjoe it is. Viking got some hash and made some cones while I smoked the gear I've accumulated. James was busy chatting with 2 guys at the counter pretty much the whole time we were there, but when he came out to clean the ashtrays I asked him for his input on the new government's plans for coffeeshops. He pretty much laughed it off. He said it will come down to a matter of tolerance and lack of money coming into the businesses. It will have a domino effect on the hotels, restaurants, etc. and everyone will be hurting financially. He used the tobacco ban as an example. After a while, it hit so many people's pocketbooks that they had to abandon it. I do still see it enforced in some places but most are pretty open about it. Hunter's bar will even tolerate plain cigarettes even though they have signs posted that state the opposite. Around 5:30 it was off to Carmona again so I could chat with Bev. We stayed there until 7:45 or so and headed off to a party at Sidhee's apartment in the Leidseplein area. While Viking and I were at Leidseplein TheGuest spotted us, he and Viking shared a cone and chatted a bit then we continued on to the party. Everyone I met there was very nice and they had a nice spread of food and drinks to help yourself to. People that were there that I can recall besides the host include Tak and his wife, Anne and her boyfriend and Marco. There were a few others, but I can't recall their names, sorry about that! Around 10:30 or so TheGuest texted Viking and said he was at Rookies if we were interested in stopping by. He and Viking are close friends and Viking is only here another couple days so away we went. We stayed at Rookies until around 12 and all went our separate ways. It was raining when we left, but by the time I got my bike unlocked and got to the corner it had stopped, Yay.
Last edited by moe. on Thu Oct 28, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Trip #8

Postby moe. » Wed Oct 20, 10:45 am

islandgurl wrote:When you get to Basjoe tell James 'high and hugs' from me, please. :-)

Done
Last edited by moe. on Wed Oct 20, 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Wed Oct 20, 10:47 am

BlueBerry wrote:hey moe. sorry you may be disappointed to find out that SOLO (formerly STIX) no longer has gunpowder on the menu... i was just there a week or so ago and was sad to hear this :(

BlueBerry

Only one of the Stix shops is Solo, the one on Utrechtsestraat is still Stix.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”