Private Messages

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

User avatar
confuzn
power poster
power poster
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 1:25 am
Location: Florida, US

Private Messages

Postby confuzn » Sat Jan 25, 1:07 am

I was able to use private messaging on the board eariler today but now it is not working. Bas, did you take this feature off or is something broken?

confuzn

User avatar
Hans
regular
regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 1:50 am
Location: Soest, NL
Contact:

Question

Postby Hans » Sat Jan 25, 2:10 am

I do not seem to find where or how to reach your inbox from anywhere on the forum. It seems you only get access to that when you wrote an actual private message

User avatar
confuzn
power poster
power poster
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 1:25 am
Location: Florida, US

private messages

Postby confuzn » Sat Jan 25, 2:16 am

yes, that is exactly what is happening. there used to be a tab at the top of the page eariler today, don't know where its ran off too tho.

confuzn

User avatar
Hans
regular
regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 1:50 am
Location: Soest, NL
Contact:

Manneken Pis

Postby Hans » Sat Jan 25, 2:26 am

Hey confuzn, I just ran into the first page of your website where you wonder about that guy pissing... Notice the sign saying "Vlaamse Frites"? Vlaamse means Flemish and it used to be a popular version of fries, the real "Flemish Fries". Now one of the landmarks of Brussels is the little statue of the pissing boy, called Manneken Pis. It is close to Grand Market square, just some streets off. It is well-known all over the world and it has its own wardrobe. It is a custom to present Manneken Pis a typical folk costume when some international dignitary is visiting Brussels. So the Dutch have a weed smoking cheese girl as a mascotte, and the Belgians have a little pissing boy...

User avatar
SB
power poster
power poster
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:03 am
Location: Southern California

Me Too

Postby SB » Sat Jan 25, 3:53 am

I have been able to send and recieve but the only way I can check the inbox is from the emails that are being sent to me.

SB

User avatar
confuzn
power poster
power poster
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 1:25 am
Location: Florida, US

Thanks Hans!

Postby confuzn » Sat Jan 25, 6:11 am

Thanks Hans! You rule! I appreciate the heads up on the pis subject. I notice that I have alot of pictures of "pissing" in amsterdam. I have the urinors, the Manneken Pis, the new plastic urinors, Shelf toilets... You get the idea. Hans, Ill update my page soon, thanks for the info!

User avatar
Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1155
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 3:00 pm
Location: Vermont

Re: Manneken Pis

Postby Dogbreath » Sat Jan 25, 10:01 am

Thanks for shedding light on what has been a mystery to me for a long time. Why a company would use a pissing boy as a marketing logo has always baffled me. Now I understand the historical perspective.

I must say, however, that the logo does not induce a tourist (such as me, ignorant of euro history and culture) to try the product.........

:-) Dogbreath


Hans wrote:Hey confuzn, I just ran into the first page of your website where you wonder about that guy pissing... Notice the sign saying "Vlaamse Frites"? Vlaamse means Flemish and it used to be a popular version of fries, the real "Flemish Fries". Now one of the landmarks of Brussels is the little statue of the pissing boy, called Manneken Pis. It is close to Grand Market square, just some streets off. It is well-known all over the world and it has its own wardrobe. It is a custom to present Manneken Pis a typical folk costume when some international dignitary is visiting Brussels. So the Dutch have a weed smoking cheese girl as a mascotte, and the Belgians have a little pissing boy...

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16119
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

another dumb question...

Postby Bohannon » Mon Jan 27, 6:27 pm

Hey Doghbreath, how do you "quote" the message that you are responding to? This is one of the things that I liked about the old forum. I just haven't figured out how to respond to a particular message in a thread.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16119
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

DOH!!!

Postby Bohannon » Mon Jan 27, 6:29 pm

Could it possibly be the little "quote" (that seems like it is from the department of redundancy department) tab at the top left, LOL What a dummy!

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: another dumb question...

Postby slither » Tue Apr 12, 2:51 am

Bohannon wrote:Hey Doghbreath, how do you "quote" the message that you are responding to? This is one of the things that I liked about the old forum. I just haven't figured out how to respond to a particular message in a thread.



LOL...Channels has come far.




This was round about 2001?



Cheers,




Slith

User avatar
Jessica
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2711
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 9:02 pm

Postby Jessica » Tue Apr 12, 6:42 am

2003...I don't get the joke though...

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16119
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Postby Bohannon » Tue Apr 12, 3:27 pm

Brandy is bored, Salma must've wised up.

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Apr 12, 4:13 pm

i thought it was a good example of how it used to be.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Postby slither » Wed Apr 13, 2:34 am

patrick wrote:i thought it was a good example of how it used to be.


Exactly.




(Quoting Patrick, as Bo is even slower on the uptake after all these years.)

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Postby slither » Wed Apr 13, 2:37 am

Jessica wrote:2003...I don't get the joke though...


The joke, dear girl, is Bo continues to believe I am the brandx of yore.

User avatar
Jessica
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2711
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 9:02 pm

Postby Jessica » Wed Apr 13, 7:38 am

slither wrote:
Jessica wrote:2003...I don't get the joke though...


The joke, dear girl, is Bo continues to believe I am the brandx of yore.

I get the impression he's not losing any sleep over it.
Glad you enjoyed your joke.

Bluelaru

Re: another dumb question...

Postby Bluelaru » Wed Apr 13, 1:40 pm

slither wrote:
Bohannon wrote:Hey Doghbreath, how do you "quote" the message that you are responding to? This is one of the things that I liked about the old forum. I just haven't figured out how to respond to a particular message in a thread.



LOL...Channels has come far.




This was round about 2001?



Cheers,




Slith




And yet ....not that far at all


Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests