420 Has begun...

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Wed May 12, 12:46 pm

Monday, April 19th:

Scheduled meet up at the Green Place @ 1:00 pm and everyone was there: hestia, BB, SoulRider, Spidergawd, & Treetop who had bought a gram of Chocolope for 12 euro a gram which they were smoking when I arrived. It was tasty and we gave it a 7.5 but I'm not a Chocolope fan, so I bought a gram of Blueberry Cheese (gee what a surprise lol) and rolled up a combo of that and the Dr Grinspoon from Barney's I had gotten on the first day here. Couldn't believe the high this gave me... it was one you'd have to experience more than describe. It was uplifting from the 100% sativa (Dr Grinspoon), yet stoning from the BBC. One of my favorite combinations, but I doubt I'll buy the Dr Grinspoon again. Tried it and thought it was good, but too expensive @ 17 euro a gram for what you got. I'll substitute a different sativa next time, but mixing the strains for a different effect is fun to me on occasion... and can be quite potent. I have a friend in Cali who regularly mixes all his strains together because he's been smoking for many years every day and it's the only way he gets a buzz anymore.

We were supposed to be at HGF by 2:30 so off we went. I wasn't impressed with anything I saw or smelled in this shop but the Citral (a sativa) and Treetop beat me to buying some @ 10 euro a gram, so I figured I would try his since he planned to smoke it and make the decision afterward. Glad I waited - it was good but more of a daytime smoke... not overpowering or too strong, very light buzz actually. It had a nice, pungent smell but didn't live up to expectations. Nothing in here did, to be honest. Someone bought Amazing Haze that I had looked at but decided against because the smell wasn't there, once again glad I did - one of the worst smokes of the trip.

By this time we were all hungry so BB took off on her bike with plans to meet us later because she had grabbed something, while hestia, Spidergawd, Treetop and I started on our way to Paradox because we had to be there at 5:00 pm for the meet up, but making a stop to eat along the way. Found a nice little place called Next Door Restaurant and made a democratic decision to stay after reading the menu. I got the Ertwen Soup (pea soup with sausage and veggies), hestia got soup also, can't remember what Spidergawd got, Treetop got not one, but two big ass apple bacon pancakes. I was like "Dayum boy!!!!" In his defense, he's like 7 ft tall so he needs the fuel and the pancakes were like crepes, but they were almost bigger than the huge plate each came on. I almost asked for a bite because it looked so good, but figured it would be all I could do to finish what I had and he needed it more than me.

On to Paradox but had a little trouble finding it. You'd think since it was near the apartment BB and I shared, I would have known immediately. Nope, we were coming from the opposite direction and it took me a few minutes to get my bearings, but we eventually found it. Once again, nothing grabbed me by the boo boo. It seems Treetop and I have similar tastes in weed, only thing that looked and smelled interesting was the Amnesia Haze and the LA Confidential which he purchased lol got .04 grams of LA Confidential, .04 grams Of Amnesia Haze both @ 5 euro a piece and some Super Pollen Hash I hadn't looked at. They were decent smokes, but I can't honestly say the most memorable of the trip. I have to give credit to the people here... in customer service they get a 10! VERY friendly, unbelievably accommodating and kind. Treetop had borrowed my grinder whilst there and forgot it on the table, we had made it half a block when the man came running out to give it to us. That's what I call going out of your way for your customers, local or not. I will go back and give this shop business for that reason alone.

Headed to Basjoe for the meet up at 6:00, but knew I wasn't up to par after pushing it for almost a week here. Got to Basjoe and bought a gram each of LA Confidential and Bas Special. About that time I thought I had lost my scarf and was like "Oh NO can't be without that tonight!" James told me to go to the shop on the corner so off I went. Couldn't believe my luck, found the last cream colored Pashmina the store had and felt once again this was the most fortuitous trip ever. Back at Basjoe we're all smoking and having an enjoyable time (except for me being so freakin' tired). Went to the bathroom before deciding to call it an early evening and lo and behold what do I see lying on the floor where I must have dropped it when I came in? Yep, my cream colored scarf EEK on the bathroom floor! Oh well, I'll wash it but no way is it going near my face until said time. Glad I bought the new one and that I was going home to get some much needed rest. BB had her early night, hestia had her early night, and I still hadn't given in; gotta hit the wall for me to do that, unfortunately. Can't help pushing myself to the limit until I drop from exhaustion... it's just my personality and hey, it's Amsterdam! ;-)

420 report a comin' with lots of pics. Oh and I fixed the other pictures so you can see them again, still experimenting with this hosting site.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Sun May 16, 9:58 pm

On another site, I heard alot about a strain called Headband. Did you happen to catch this one?
So the Grinspoon is good? I had thought so given the credentials of the person it is named after. I will def get the cakes at MEllow yellow next time and the Basjoe is a must, I want to get that secret stash you mentioned.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Tue May 18, 12:42 pm

The Headband wasn't worth it imo, Phil. I liked the Blueberry Cheese, Trainwreck and Purple Kush much better at Green Place.

When you go to Mellow Yellow, be sure to get the S5 Haze, phenomenal! One of those strains with a completely unique flavor and smell, not to mention the strength. Just can't say enough good things about S5 Haze, definitely one of my favorite smokes of the trip. The absolute best smoke was "Dread King James Special", but don't know if that will be available. ;-)

SkipMDMan
power poster
power poster

Postby SkipMDMan » Mon May 31, 2:23 am

After reading this over all I can say is wow. You smoked more stuff in this one trip than I've done in the past 20 years or more.

I admit I'm not much of a smoker, I haven't done any in the USA since the 1980's and I don't smoke cigarettes either.

I would be laid out on the floor after 20 minutes with you, the prerolled tobacco/weed joints are strong to me. Not that I'm averse to trying new things mind you, just that I'd prefer to be able to speak and breathe without conscious effort. lol

Maybe someday, when I have hired someone to carry me back to my hotel, I'll try to smoke with you people.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Mon May 31, 2:51 am

All you need is a dolly. Pay me I will cart your arse home. Lay you out on a rolling object over the cobble stones and little canal humps. Would you mind if I gaged it right and let you fly on the down side of the canals? Seriously, you should give it a go and meetup.

SkipMDMan
power poster
power poster

Postby SkipMDMan » Mon May 31, 6:28 pm

Well, back in my drinking days I can remember having a hotel bellhop put me on a luggage cart and take me back to my room from the hotel bar.

Somehow I don't really fancy the idea of going off into a canal, would take forever to get the smell off me and I would imagine the ride over those cobblestones wouldn't be comfy either.

I'll try to get over again. I did meet a couple of people from here back quite a few years ago and it was fun.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”