420 Has begun...

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Wed Apr 21, 9:09 pm

Thanks for all of the initial reports IG..good reading so far! Glad you are having fun!

jerkypete49
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby jerkypete49 » Wed Apr 21, 10:21 pm

Hey My Friend

Sounds like you are doing it up right. :-) I'm glad that you're having a great time. Keep up the reports.....if you can find the time. :-0

Weed rapist, eh??? LUCKY weed. :-0

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Thu Apr 22, 1:56 am

I'll fill in the other days later, BB told me to get this up so we didn't forget.

Wednesday, April 21:

Started out meeting at Green Place to present them with the certificate. Sunny, but chilly and we were all ready to smoke. They had been smoking some Chocolope of Treetop's before I got there. I'm not a fan of Chocolope, so I went for my usual Blueberry Cheese and a gram of Trainwreck with a Pear Looza. The guys were so thankful for the weed reporting they were seeing me do (not to mention the money I spent in their shop lol) throughout the 420 Cup, they gave me a gram of Blueberry Cheese, a gram of Trainwreck, and a Pear Looza for 10 euro and said "We'll call it even". That's what I call customer service.

Left there and all walked to Bagheera to meet highlyblessed. What a wonderful coffeeshop Bagheera is! Comfy, cushy seats with a smoking room in the back and TONS of room! You can't tell until you walk up the few steps and see the enclosed glass room for tobacco. It's one of the biggest, comfy, smoking rooms I've seen besides Dolphins which we'll get to. I bought a gram of Kaligria @ 14 euro a gram. It was a nice sativa and gave a clear, wonderful high. They also had Casey Jones and some other very nice strains. I can't believe I never went in here before, but it was next to Basjoe and I was usually heading there to meet people. highlyblessed was very nice and accommodating, also showed me some Casey Jones butter hash that was just like the Terminator of old. Gooey, green, sticky to the point of needing wax paper. Very nice, but pricey at 60 euro a gram. He gave me a nice deal on a piece that had wax paper stuck to it, so it wasn't quite a gram, for 50 euro. We met up with a friend of mine who also brought some killer weed that needed a name. We named it IG Kush (hehe) and it was amazing. Two hits and I was flying, but I think it was an indica so I was stoned at the same time. Not too overpowering as I could still walk around, but WOW what a cool walk after smoking it! TAK and Holly showed up, and we all partied to our hearts delight. Not a white eye walked out of that place, and I felt better knowing I had a place to stay if I got stranded... how I love Holly, one of the nicest women I've ever met. Thank you TAK and Holly; you're both wonderful, true friends.

Basjoe was closed so we parted ways with a plan to meet up at Dutch Flowers at 5:30. BB on her bike, hestia and DirtyUncleRon walking around and me with my friend. I saw some cool places I never knew were there, one being the Begijnhof. It used to be a convent, but was later changed. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was in there. A courtyard that used to have a stable for horses and was used for town meetings when there was no mayor. My friend was born and raised here and knows much of the history... just walking for 2 hours is quite a lesson with him.

Said goodbye to my friend and headed to meet the group at Dutch Flowers, but first a stop by Tweede Kamer. Bought a gram of Mexican Haze @ 13 euro a gram. It was a nice smoke and okay, but I wouldn't get it again at that price. The budtender was VERY nice at Tweede Kamer and tried to give me a free drink, but I had a bottle of water. He said "Well fine then, I won't try to help you anymore!" I laughed and said "Aw I was just showing you that all Americans aren't pushy and rude." He said "I knew that when you walked through the door with that big smile." I like it when people notice that you're smiling... it's refreshing here. I swear I encounter nothing but kindness 99% of the time with a big, white smile.

BB and DirtyUncleRon showed up at Dutch Flowers. He and hestia had walked to TAK and Holly's after meeting them and they offered for them to come by their houseboat. hestia went to her room so she wasn't going to dinner at De Schutter with us. It's a quaint little Dutch place where the students here go with reasonable prices and good food that my Dutch friend turned me on to a long time ago. I got the Pumpkin soup that came with 2 slices of French bread for 4 euro, DUR got the Gamba's (prawns with the beady eyes still attached - eek) @ 13.50 euro, he said it had "Excellent seasoning and love the sauces". BB got a dessert because she had eaten at one of her fave restaurants while riding earlier. It was called Brownie with Ice @ 4.75 euro - actually Brownie with Ice Cream and it looked delicious... she was "mmmmm'ing" through it all so I know it was! I wanted to grab some off of her plate but resisted the temptation. We left and went by the Koningsplein cam and waved, don't know if anyone was watching, but it was fun nonetheless.

DUR headed for the train station to get his ride home to Germany and BB and I set off on an adventure. She wanted to get some videos of coffeeshops she hadn't gotten before or at least get clearance to make some, so we went to Dolphins just to smoke with me on the back of her bike. I got a gram of White Dolphin @ 10 euro a gram, the standard strain I usually get here. Haven't tried that yet, but I'll let y'all know. BB got me so stoned I forgot I bought it - that b*tch knows how to make a weed/hash cocktail! We started off Casey Jones on the bottom, Mazar I Shariff in the middle, and Gunpowder on the top of the pipe. We were still still stoned off our asses and chilling to a major degree when I had an idea to make a Kaligria joint with KC for Casey (KC) Jones Butter hash I had gotten at Bagheera earlier. DAYUM I dont' remember walking out of that place, let alone how to get there again. Next thing I know I'm with miss speedy on her bicycle... BB can do some serious soaring on hers, even with my ass on the back!

We rode by Rookies, Rokerij, Happy Feelings (used to be Global Chillage), then headed toward the Nes. It was PACKED, so we just dropped off DC's award to him for being such a gracious host as we all appreciated him more than words expressed. BB and I did the presenting (one for him to keep and one for the Nes). He really went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and happy there.

BB wouldn't tell me where we were going next, said it was a "surprise" and it was a nice one... Hunters! Got so excited I fell off the bike again. Way to make an impression, IG. Picked myself off the dam sidewalk hoping nobody saw but knowing everyone did. Walked in laughing our asses off again - haven't laughed this much in so long... that's almost all I've done all day long. We both wanted to check out their NYCD (decided to wait as it was almost out) and the nice Australian budtender named Jonathon who promised to let her do a video this weekend when he was working. I'm sure we'll 'check it out' heh it was a unanimous decision that he also had quite a nice ass... oh and eyes too. Maybe the third cocktail of BB's concoction and a joint of Mexican Haze with Butter hash (the Mexican Haze needed it in our opinion) lead us to that decision. Hell we were taking pictures of the bulges on the naked 'man'nequins they had with t shirts on. t shirt and no pants - sexy! Laughed 'til our cheeks hurt and headed out again.

Out to Albert Hein but they were closed so we went to Amnesia to grab a milkshake. BB got Mango, I got strawberry. They didn't have much NYCD left either so I asked if I could have the shake at a lower price per gram. I don't mind all those crystally trichomes at the bottom. BB rolled a joint of that stuff and YUM just like the NYCD of old - got 2.5 grams for 19.60 euro. Awesome deal. Jon at Grey Area usually sells it to me for less if it's at the end, so I thought I'd take a shot at Amnesia... glad I did.

Back on her bike BB was flying through the streets like a bird with me on the back since it was almost midnight. We both decided to smoke a joint in honor of a dear friend of ours as his birthday started at midnight. Here's to you, LastHamlet, our wonderful departed friend who will never be forgotten. We'll smoke another one in the morning in his honor, he was just that special to all who were lucky to have known him.

Goodnight, Danny, this trip report is for you.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Thu Apr 22, 2:37 am

Very nice report.

Why don't you try a bike? You seem like you could ride?

Not that I have so...no offense. So did you have to get off and shove up the canal bridges? I would have to shove myself over the hump prolly. Anyway, heads up to you two on a bike!

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Thu Apr 22, 12:52 pm

I've been thinking if I can get a short enough bike for my little legs I wanna do it, Cheech. It was a helluva lotta fun!

Thursday, April 22nd: Last Hamlet's Birthday

Slow morning, we both slept in until 11 am since we had stayed up so late last night. Got up and have been smoking and talking ever since. Smoked a cone of NYCD from Amnesia and a cone of Casey Jones from Grey Area, now it's 'Hamlet Time'.

BB and I were reminiscing of the years we've known Danny and she was plugging her cell phone in to charge it. She had this really cool, portable charger that was much smaller than mine saying "Look at this, bitch, look at how small this is." She got a look on her face and said "You know where I got this???? LH gave it to me years ago. Happy Birthday, Danny" and she held up the charger in memory.

We're getting ready to smoke a special "LH Cone" that he would be proud of just for him as it's something he would have loved. We decided upon Trainwreck with Afghan hash and Gunpowder from Stix as it was LH who turned BB on to the Gunpowder back in 2003. BB did an excellent job of making a huge Cheech and Chonger just as Danny would have done. Happy Birthday, LH, we're thinking of you.

Planning to go and visit TAK and Holly in a little while and then hit Basjoe for a meet up, hope it's open. It was closed Sunday and yesterday. He told us about Sunday, didn't know about yesterday. It's been strange at Basjoe lately, but that won't stop us from going. ;-)

More later, it's easier to do and remember when I keep up this way.

yogibear
power poster
power poster
Location: AMS 04/19 to 05/02 otherwise slightly inside reality and to the left

Postby yogibear » Thu Apr 22, 1:04 pm

Sounds like you two are having a great time. Thanks for the heads up on the local strains. See you all soon.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Thu Apr 22, 1:21 pm

islandgurl wrote:I've been thinking if I can get a short enough bike for my little legs I wanna do it, Cheech. It was a helluva lotta fun!

Try Mikes Bikes by Dolphins, my wife has short legs, they have Beach Cruisers plus kids mountain bikes, pretty sure you'd find one there to fit.

Tall Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Tall Guy » Thu Apr 22, 2:05 pm

islandgurl wrote:
BB and I were reminiscing of the years we've known Danny and she was plugging her cell phone in to charge it. She had this really cool, portable charger that was much smaller than mine saying "Look at this, bitch, look at how small this is." She got a look on her face and said "You know where I got this???? LH gave it to me years ago. Happy Birthday, Danny" and she held up the charger in memory.

We're getting ready to smoke a special "LH Cone" that he would be proud of just for him as it's something he would have loved. We decided upon Trainwreck with Afghan hash and Gunpowder from Stix as it was LH who turned BB on to the Gunpowder back in 2003. BB did an excellent job of making a huge Cheech and Chonger just as Danny would have done. Happy Birthday, LH, we're thinking of you.

Nice tribute! Smoke one for me.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Thu Apr 22, 11:16 pm

Thanks, Boner, I'll try that. Frederik's didn't have one small enough, but I'll try there next time.

Thursday, April 22 continued:

BB headed out to get the chain on her bike fixed and I went to TAK & Holly's. hestia was there too smoking some Poison with them that she had gotten at Picasso. I broke out some NYCD since that's one of Holly's faves and proceeded to catch a toasty, enjoyable buzz. hestia went out to wander before the meet up at Basjoe and I had to grab some money, so we all parted ways with love... can't wait to see Holly again.

Going down Harlemmerstraat I decided to stop at one of my favorite bakeries on the corner a couple of doors down from Picasso. Bought 6 cream puffs and 2 apple flaps @ 5 euro for BB and I to munch on later, then on to Central Station to the Western Union Place. I didn't have the 10 numbers for the one on the Damrak, so they told me to try the one at CS. Yep worked like a charm, no problems at all.

Almost 6:00 and heading to Basjoe to meet up with everyone for cisco's toke and talk. DaveS, Lampshade, Angry Pirate & friend, hestia, BB, and Soulrider. Okay cisco called this toke and talk but didn't toke or talk because he wasn't there. We still had fun and you missed out, cisco. Smoked a cone of Heaven Haze that Lampshade had gotten from Basjoe. I've smoked it before and it was good last time as well. James told me to roll up a joint and he'd put something 'special' on it for me, so I rolled a Mexican Haze joint since it could use something like that and brought it up to him; he stuck more of the gooey, green stuff on there. Definitely what he used to sell as Terminator, I knew what he was selling as Terminator was different now. The consistency isn't anywhere near the same that he sells as Terminator, but the stuff he put on my joint was the real deal I had always known as 'Terminator'.

We smoked that and talked up a storm when I heard James call my name, hands me something 'special' and told me to roll it up. I'm good at following orders of that nature, so followed I did. Asked him what it was and he asked his friend standing next to him - "Casey Jones" was the reply. Ah I'd had it, but was eager to try this as well. Wow it was the best Casey Jones yet! James always has something 'special' or two for me when I walk in, one of the things I love about him... and Basjoe.

Everyone was going to the Nes tonight, so we went there...dam it was packed again! DC was hiding upstairs from the crowds (can't blame him), so hestia went to her hotel as it was getting late and DaveS and I headed to Albert Hein before they closed. Got a bunch of goodies to much on and drink for BB and I, then caught the tram back to the apartment as it was too 'dam' cold to walk tonight... supposed to get down into the 30's and with the wind it feels colder.

Settled in my jammies and BB just came in awhile ago. She went by AH too so we're set for food and drinks lol glad she remembered the toilet paper! We're gonna smoke and chill now... another great day in Amsterdam, my home away from home.

Meeting at Amnesia at 1:00 pm tomorrow for anyone who wants to come.

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Fri Apr 23, 1:42 am

It's pretty cool of you sitting down and posting the trip as you go, got me checking every day, sometimes twice, taking notes on the things I will check out in July, thanks a lot IG.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Fri Apr 23, 2:07 am

Yes...thanks IG, couldn't make it this year but it's nice to hear about all the fun. More please

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri Apr 23, 9:31 am

I sure wish y'all could have been here, I truly do. I would have loved meeting so many of you. This was a very unusual trip with the volcano, but one I'll remember for the rest of my life.

Friday, April 23rd:

BB and I got some decent sleep last night, it was only about 2:30 am when we went to bed this time lol it's amazing how the time goes so fast in the dam. Seems like we just landed and yet we've been here for over a week already.

We smoked a cone of NYCD I rolled up last night for this morning and she grabbed something else while enjoying the view from our terrace before she took off to meet TAK & Holly for an amusement park an hour away by train. Anne and Myrtje were joining them as well, but I live by an amusement park. My amusement is a nice coffeeshop and walking the canals with my ipod on a gorgeous, sunny day, listening to my music and taking it all in. Oh yeah... this is 'do whatever the fuck you want day'... how I love those.

Heading out to wander about and meeting up with hestia at Amnesia this afternoon at 1 pm. I have some coffeeshops I want to go back to and get some of what I liked the most. Mellow Yellow, Stix, Hunters and maybe Katsu if I make it out that far.

Mellow Yellow had killer space cakes for 3.50 euro (haven't written that part yet as we went Sunday). Not kidding, these are the best I've tried and not only the best? The cheapest! You get two for about the price of one elsewhere. I'm impressed to the gills and going to grab some for the plane. One did me well when I usually need two, so for the plane I'll eat two... like to be 'solid gone' while flying home those nine long hours.

Stix had excellent Gunpowder, a great batch that we've been smoking and want to get more. BB and I have really enjoyed that hash this trip. Hunters to see how the NYCD is, but I may buy it at Amnesia as I'm really enjoying those 2.5 grams I got for under 20 euro. The smell is just what you'd expect, sweet and pungent; makes you want to bathe in the stuff... this must be what heaven smells like.

It's sunny and going to be BEAUTIFUL today and tomorrow! The high for tomorrow is supposed to be like 64 degrees, warm for Amsterdam. Also hardly any wind, so I'm really going to enjoy walking these last couple of days I'm here... or will they be?

More later, I have a cone of Blueberry Cheese awaiting mmmmmmm

FitZerOy
power poster
power poster

Postby FitZerOy » Fri Apr 23, 11:30 am

Great stuff IG, been living vicariously through your reports all week given the dissapointment of not getting over on tuesday, though no doubt i'll quickly make up for lost time when I get in this monday...

Looking forward to more over the weekend...

Fitz

Jessica
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Jessica » Fri Apr 23, 12:39 pm

islandgurl wrote:More later, I have a cone of Blueberry Cheese awaiting mmmmmmm

Thanks for the reports - a great read.

I'm extremely envious of the great time you're having. Looking forward to reading more.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Apr 23, 5:14 pm

A day late and dollar short, I know, but I was thinking that you two should've stopped by the Prinsenhof to see Mark yesterday. LH spent quite a few of his birthdays there and I'm sure Mark would've enjoyed toking one with you in his memory.

Your trip reports have me thinking about how I can get over there for my birthday in October.

moe.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Apr 23, 9:22 pm

islandgurl wrote:
Mellow Yellow had killer space cakes for 3.50 euro (haven't written that part yet as we went Sunday). Not kidding, these are the best I've tried and not only the best? The cheapest! You get two for about the price of one elsewhere. I'm impressed to the gills and going to grab some for the plane. One did me well when I usually need two, so for the plane I'll eat two... like to be 'solid gone' while flying home those nine long hours.

ohh, that's the best news ever! I have been soo disappointed the last couple of trips, the space cakes have been such a let down... making for a very long flight home : (
thanks for sampling!

appreciate you taking us along on your trip!

......129 days and counting

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat Apr 24, 12:26 am

islandgurl wrote:Mellow Yellow had killer space cakes for 3.50 euro (haven't written that part yet as we went Sunday). Not kidding, these are the best I've tried and not only the best? The cheapest! You get two for about the price of one elsewhere. I'm impressed to the gills and going to grab some for the plane. One did me well when I usually need two, so for the plane I'll eat two... like to be 'solid gone' while flying home those nine long hours.

Ask BB about her experience with my cookies.

moe.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sat Apr 24, 2:41 am

Friday, April 23rd continued:

HOLY COW what a day! Took a leisurely walk from the apartment to Amnesia snapping pictures along the way. It was so sunny and warm, felt rejuvenating. Got to Amnesia and hestia was there so I grabbed a toastie and sat down. Before you know it familiar faces started rolling in. Lampshade, DaveS, Angry Pirate & his friend, Cisco (he showed!), and Oracle... good old A., he's my buddy. We talked for along time and he cracked me up with many of his comments.

I could hardly keep track of what all we smoked today, felt more like 420 itself! We rolled a cone of Amnesia Haze and stuck KC Jones Butter hash on it - WHOA! Even Oracle was impressed as was I. Just to name a few: LSD, Vanilla Kush (from Amnesia), Afghani Delight (from Anyday) and Sensi Star.

Decided to head to the Albert Cuyp market with a stop at Katsu to grab some Black Widow. Everyone decided to go along so we met back up there... what a motley crew we were, but fun. ;-)

I bought some things at the market for a great price and some grapes to munch on. Almost to Katsu I saw a bakery on the opposite side of the street so I checked it out YUM they had this bread with raisins and nuts... totally loved it so I bought half of a loaf telling the man I could never eat it all, he said I could, He was right, I've eaten more than half of what I bought already, Highly recommended bakery.

Katsu meet up and everyone made it - hestia, Lampshade, DaveS, Angry Pirate & friend & Cisco (he made this one too! lol). We all grabbed Black Widow and commenced to smoke and use the Verdamper... too cool. Had more Amnesia Haze, and some Super Silver Haze with Kif hash in cones. There were so many cones flying around in here I couldn't keep track of them all! Needless to say we were all baked, but happy from munching on grapes and strawberries.

We all went our separate ways and I wanted to get to Mellow Yellow for more spacecakes, so Lampshade and I got on the tram as he wanted to go there also. hestia rode with us until we said goodbye at our stop, hopped out and into Mellow Yellow. 5 spacecakes and a gram of S5 Haze later we were chilling in the back upstairs. Smoked a cone and Lampshade was hungry. He had never tried Burger Bar and wanted to so I told him I'd show him where it was.

Lo and behold we get there and who do we see? DaveS, Angry Pirate, and his friend. We each grabbed burgers (my 4th time eating there this trip), ate, and started walking toward Stix as I wanted some Gunpowder. Parted with the rest and Lampshade and I headed there. It was a total buy and fly, then onto Bagheera for another buy and fly of Kaligria (Kali Mist x Alegria) great stuff!

Next door at Basjoe James saw me coming and was ready immediately. He rolled me a cone of what he had left of Orange Bud and stuck some of the gooey Terminator on it mmmmmmm kicked our asses. Lampshade couldn't even finish it!! Told James I wanted 5 grams of something good and cheap since his Orange Bud was gone and he said "I'll fix something up for you". He sure did, gave me 5 grams of 'James Special' for 35 euro.

Planned on going to the Nes to meet up with everyone again. Lamshade and I got there first and grabbed the back table, DC joined us and the party was on. DC rolled a cone of S5 Haze with some of his Cheese Ice O Later in it - sent us all flying. Between DC, Angry Pirate, & Lampshade we had cones going constantly... Amsterdam rocks. Had 1 1/2 Leffe Blonde's and had a blast. Stayed until 2 am, then it was time to get back here. In my jammies now and need to go to bed so I can get up early... big day tomorrow, especially if it's my last.

Meet up at Amnesia at 2:00 pm for anyone who wants to come.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Apr 24, 5:13 pm

Great reports IG.

I’m blown away by how much weed a person can consume in a day.

JULIET
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby JULIET » Sun Apr 25, 1:06 am

Old Fart wrote:Great reports IG.

I’m blown away by how much weed a person can consume in a day.

I, our IGeee is a real goer and no mistake!

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sun Apr 25, 10:57 am

She told me all about the cookies, moe. Dude you need to start a cookie business! ;-)

Saturday, April 24th:

Got up, showered, and washed my hair as did BB. Two women in a small apartment trying to do their hair with no mirror is a trip, but BB and I executed it beautifully. Neither one of us even went out until 3:00 pm today as we packed our things and got ready to move out so we wouldn't have to do it last night when we would be tired. Excellent idea because I had another late night (morning).

Started out at Amnesia about 3:30 pm to meet a friend at 4:00. Sat outside and baked in the warm sun, it was gorgeous! BB came along on her bike and she sat with me for awhile. My friend showed up a little after 4 and we all smoked some IG Kush...could be IG Haze, not sure. I'm thinking it's a strong sativa at this point. Angry Pirate & friend and Lampshade ended up coming by there also and we all sat outside... too warm and sunny to be inside today. Bought some NYCD from Amnesia again - it was a very nice smoke.

On to Nes, stopped by and talked to DC for awhile (this is becoming one of my favorite hangouts). Went by Basjoe to say my goodbyes to James and as usual he had something 'special' for me. Gave me a pure joint and stuck some gooey Terminator on it. Some guy at the front saw me smoking it and bought some too, how can you resist those little bubbles on the side? Speaking of those, I dropped a spot on my brown leggings and will never get this stuff out of them. Word of warning, don't let the Terminator drip on your clothes. Thought about wearing these on the plane, but I'm sure the dog would be all over them.

Bought a whole loaf of spacecake from Basjoe @ 75 euro. Looks like a nice bread bought from Albert Cuyp. I'm going to be here for a couple more days, so it will come in handy... I'll be partying like a Kennedy. Angry Pirate & friend and lampshade were already at Basjoe when I got there... passed Soulrider on my way there too. I was going from Nes to Basjoe and he was going from Basjoe to Nes. Funny how you meet up with people here even when there's no 'meetup'. Said goodbye to James and off I went back to Nes walking with the three guys remaining (Lampshade, Angry Pirate, and his friend).

Got to Nes about 9:00 pm and DC started rolling cones... that guy can roll the prettiest cone I've seen yet. Angry Pirate and his friend were also going to town with the rolling. There were so many joints flying around that table that as soon as I would pass one, another would be hitting my hands again. In fact, we were just trading back and forth! I love those times, it's a blast. Decided absolutely no beer tonight or I'd pass out early and stuck with my Pear Loozas. Good thing, because we partied well into the night. Don't know what time I got home exactly and don't care... all I know is it was one of the most enjoyable evenings I've had in a very long time; DC is one helluva host... and man. See you again tonight, my friend, I'm still here for another day or two.
Last edited by islandgurl on Sun Apr 25, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sun Apr 25, 12:49 pm

Sunday, April 25th:

Well I'm going to stay until I hear from my friend regarding the status of my standby... gee another couple of days in the dam, what a nightmare. Wink

Slept in this morning since I was out so late and hung out with BB as she slept in a little also. Was up by 10:30, BB had already showered and was drying her hair. I've been hanging out waiting to see what I'm going to do and where I'm going to go. I have a couple of options, but don't want to trek my luggage across Amsterdam, so I'm smoking a cone in here until I decide.

It's so warm, the warmest day yet - high of about 65 degrees and you can tell. I have the door to the patio open and what a view! Fourth floor apartments can have their advantages, goodness knows it sure ain't the four flights of stairs. I can see the steeple of the Westerkerk from here and the bells will be chiming soon... how BB and I both love them. She left to go and stay with Winnie a little while ago, seems weird to be here without her, but I'm making the best of it. The weather, the view, the cone... taking it all in. If I'm going to be stranded, there's no place on earth I'd rather be...

Another big meet up at the Nes tonight - everyone who is in town will probably be there, so more later.

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Mon Apr 26, 4:15 am

Partying like a Kennedy, I like that, what a great trip.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Wed Apr 28, 1:33 am

Great reporting, thank you for this. In the days of old, a strain is named IG.

Do you get to the Dampkring at all, I have heard that there mixed product, called Salad, is very affordable and excellent.

JULIET
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby JULIET » Wed Apr 28, 2:31 pm

So IGeee, where are you now?

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Thu Apr 29, 2:15 pm

yeah..

no more reports following the LOAF OF SPACE CAKES??? lol

hope you are safe and smiling wherever you are..

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri Apr 30, 12:36 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:yeah..

no more reports following the LOAF OF SPACE CAKES??? lol

hope you are safe and smiling wherever you are..

LMFAO thank you for the kind words, everyone.

That loaf looked like a nice bread from Albert Cuyp the way James wrapped it up, wc, so I decided to wait and party with it here... went right in with the rest of my goodies from Albert Heijn in a big bag.

Who needs Queensday when you have over a foot long spacecake? *~wink~*

I'll finish this report up when my two week buzz has subsided.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Tue May 11, 7:24 am

islandgurl wrote:Got in awhile ago from Nes parting with DC, hestia, and treetop. That DC sure is a funny, gracious host. Had some beer I've never tried before and it was a blast. Didn't get the trip report written last night cuz our electricity was out... more to come on that.

I still have the Reeses Cups, Cisco and Stenman! I'm glad at least y'all are gonna make it... Blueberry and I have no CLUE as to when we'll get home since we're flying standby, could be after May 6th we've heard!!

Okay this is where I left off. Missed important days. Blame no electricity the one night and me staying out late partying the others lol

Sunday April 18th:

Shopping day at Albert Cuyp market is planned along with stops at Mellow Yellow, Katsu, and Club Media. BB started out on her bike, but I was moving slowly due to my sciatic nerve and trammed it today (used to be a gymnast and it takes a toll on your body). Anyway, I come hobbling up to Dutch Flowers to meet hestia and BB looking ridiculous and tired from dealing with the pain. Not one to back down from anything, I trudged on with excruciating pain every step and hestia along side me saying "You're doin' great, honey" (I love that woman). Walked all the way to Mellow Yellow and had a feeling if I ate a spacecake it would help... and it did immensely! Only had one @ 3.50 euro, they were chocolate and very good. These are the best spacecakes for the money, imo. Bought a gram of S5 Haze after smelling some of the other stuff. I remember there was something I had on my list to try from here but after seeing, smelling, and comparing the two, I decided on the S5 Haze all the way. After the smoke, we all gave it a 9.5 EASILY - it was that good. Strong, uplifting sativa, very fresh, and smoked exceptionally smoothly. Had one of the most unique flavors and smells, something I really appreciate in a weed. Just can't say enough good things about this strain and well worth the 50 euro for 5 grams. Great 5 gram deal as well because 1 gram is 13 euro.

On to Albert Cuyp for the very first time. LOVED IT! We grabbed some fresh Stroopwaffels just made and still hot MMMMMMMMM sticky fingers galore but we didn't care... we were in munchie ecstasy. Needed a bigger dark brown leather purse and found just the perfect one that matched my jacket and boots for 30 euro (what a find!). That was all I needed and hestia & BB were all set as well, so we headed to Katsu for Black Widow. I had forgotten the stuff here was pre-bagged and I'm not fond of that at all, however, I make an exception for this and White Dolphin from Dolphins which is pre-bagged as well. This was one coffeeshop where we all got the same weed lol it was too funny. After smoking the Black Widow we decided it definitely deserved at least a 9.5. It was excellent and strong, felt the buzz for quite a while too... great longevity. This weed has never disappointed me yet and I'll always go back for more. In fact I was disappointed last year in my purchase there because I wanted to try something different... never again. I'll try something different again, but never pass up Black Widow.

We headed to Club Media and I bought over a gram of Hindu Kush - had that potent, 'Kushy' smell whilst covered in crystals, and only 9 euro for more than a gram. If you like a good Kush strain at a decent price, pick this one.

I think we went to Basjoe and hung out for awhile in here, then on to Nes. Got to the Nes and met Treetop who was sitting with DC. Treetop can't roll so DC was doing the rolling this night (sorry Treetop but you know it's true lol) DAYUM DC can roll a nice cone! I used to think Last Hamlet's were the best, then Blueberry's... now I've seen DC's. He skinned up some NYCD that Treetop had gotten from DeKuil (420) and stuck some of his own Cheese Ice O Lator. Dear God, thought my head was gonna blow off - VERY strong, in fact I believe my word was "WHOA!!!" That one cone kicked our asses, especially Treetop's lol

I don't usually drink, but on occasion it's relaxing. Decided to have a beer but didn't know which to pick. DC suggested Leffe Blonde(sp), which was a light beer but contained 8% alcohol - two of those later, I was having a good old time! Giggling away and couldn't stop, especially when DC rolled a cone of LA Confidential I had gotten from Basjoe, where he added some Silver Shiva Ice O Lator and I added what we named "Sticky Gooey Shit" that James had given me that had to be applied with a toothpick. Unbelievably strong and we got a double ass kickin'. Harsh as all get out though... thought I was gonna cough up my uterus! We sure loved our Sticky Gooey Shit and coupled with the other stuff... well, I'm sure you can guess I don't remember much except lots of laughter.

It was getting late, after closing time, and I had missed the last trams so Treetop walked me to my apartment to make sure I got there safe - thank you, Treetop, that was very kind of you. BB was asleep and I didn't want to wake her so poor Treetop couldn't skin one up - sorry about that, dude, hope you found a place at that hour.

BB woke up for a while after all because the apartment was about as big as my dining room. We smoked and had some great conversation before drifting off into Amsterdam dreams.

In the apartment leading out to the terrace:

The view from there:

One of my fave houses on the Herengracht, sometimes I'll just stand and look at it for a while.

Along the Prinsengracht:

The Carnival lit up at night in Dam Square:

TAK, Holly and BB in Bagheera:

Striking a pose in a red light window for pics - who knew they had those? Don't take me seriously here, even I couldn't as you will see:

Me and my buddy - love James:

Last edited by islandgurl on Wed May 12, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jessica
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Jessica » Tue May 11, 1:50 pm

Great reports & Pics. Thanks for sharing!

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue May 11, 2:08 pm

thanks for finishing up the story.

wish we were there!!

did you get out without too much hassle?

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”