420 Has begun...

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

420 Has begun...

Postby islandgurl » Fri Apr 16, 12:48 am

We were supposed to leave Thursday, but found out Monday evening that we had to be out the door by Wednesday at about 4 am, both of us. The flight that had looked so good a few days before crazily filled up and it was looking like we may not get out until possibly after the weekend - we decided to grab the flight a day early than miss out on getting there. A major rush ensued, but we made it. Got to the airport thinking I would get first class, nope. It was 6:30 am WTF? Found out a flight had gotten canceled and had to be rolled into days of standbys. Didn't really matter to me as I don't drink, am tiny so I don't really need the extra room, and got on the flight. Bad thing was I got a real bitch who made me check my small suitcase saying it wouldn't fit in their designated size thing when other people with bigger carry ons than mine were being allowed. "Whatever I'm going to Amsterdam", I thought.

Got to Detroit and BB was waiting at the gate. Went straight to a sports bar where we could smoke and munch a little. Sat there for many hours, but it was nice because we had seven before our next flight. Browsed the duty free shops and on to the gate. Wow this plane that had over 100 seats the very day before now only had about 50-60. We got on, but just barely. I almost had the back row to myself and BB was in the 2 seats next to me, but a man came back to let two friends sit together and I had 2 seats. Enough for a little sleep. We made it on the flight AND the flight left on time... we're on our way!

Landed, grabbed the suitcase and woohoo it was one of the first one's to come out... then took off so fast we left vapor trails. YAY! WE'RE HERE! That's all we could think about. Headed to the shuttle buses and got one to take us to the corner of the Singel and Haarlemerstraat for 15 euro each as we needed to make arrangements for the night.

It was only 7:25 am by the time we hit that point so the only place open was Barney's and it was also close to TAK's, we needed to go by there anyway and also wanted to take care of the apartment business, hoping it was available.

This is where it gets freaky... I had picked that apartment out randomly from a website with many, many places and when we went to TAK & Holly's to see them and burn some, we told him of our plight and he let us call the guy who rented the apt. (more on the 'freaky' part of that to follow). THEN we heard from T & H about the volcano - even FREAKIER! We had JUST flown over it! Man we were glad to already be here even more, good thing we came a day early for sure!

After calling two people and having them return our calls, we found out it was TAK's neighbor... small world!! He was so kind and offered to pick us up and take us to the apt. He asked "Where are you?" I gave him the address and he said "No way, I'm RIGHT NEXT DOOR! I'm his neighbor!" (his business is). No joke, not even one minute later, there's a knock at the door and I ended the call. He did indeed know TAK and it was amazing how this trip was just getting more and more fortuitous.

He proceeded to give us a ride with our luggage and let us in the apt. Lots of stairs but worth the view! You can see the steeple of Westerkirk (I think it is) from our little patio, and when the bells chime it's beautiful. I can't believe we're getting 3 nights free on top of all of it to boot! I paid in advance, so maybe that helped, but it sure was nice. 973 euro for three people for 10 nights is incredible. I'm truly starting to believe there's something to karma at this point... we felt like it was heaven. The sun was shining, it was about 60 degrees Far. and we were all smiles smoking our purchases from Barney's. BB got the Red Cherry Berry at 12 e a gram (could have been 13) and I got the Dr Grinspoon. It was quite pricey at 17 e a gram and didn't have big buds, but smelled and tasted wonderful. We gave it an 8/10, could have been a 9 because I had a very nice buzz going. The Red Cherry Berry We gave a 7/10.

Freshened up a bit and hit the coffeeshops. Hit Green House so BB could get some of her 'coffeeshop coaster collection' & some Super Lemon Haze - had a nice lemony flavor with a good punch, we gave it 7.5/10. Headed to Basjoe and who do we see there? hestia and dirtyuncleron - cool. Immediately gave James a big hug and as usual said I wanted the strongest of what he had, which happened to be LA Conf. NO WAY! That's one of my faves and they got it in! He gave me almost 2 grams for free and I hadn't bought a thing, what a sweetheart. I continued to browse the menu and bought 5 grams of the LA Conf. and a gram of Terminator. Rolled one up with the combo of the two and whammo! Me, BB, hestia, dur and James all smoked it and got quite high.

We continued to Amnesia and got milkshakes mmmmmmmm BB and I got strawberry and hestia had the chocolate. Excellent milkshake and it made me feel like John Travolta when he played Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction "I wanna know what a fuckin $5.00 milkshake tastes like!" Well... I do now. hestia went to her hotel and we went on to the bike rental place, I busted my (_]_) immediately. Now I know why I hated it as a kid. BB said "Once you learn how to ride a bike, my ass!" That shit ain't true and I'm living proof. My bicycle riding days are over before they ever began. We're still laughing our asses off about it... always will, and I'm sticking to feet and convertibles.

Went to Popeye's... hestia was already there and we proceeded to smoke some Pink Kush, it was pretty good- about 8/10. Next because we had been traveling so long, hadn't eaten much, and had the major munchies, we left there and went to the Burger Bar - OMGOSH!!!! I had the small black angus loaded with cheddar, mushrooms, grilled onions and it had this special sauce that was a mixture of mayo with mustard and other things... one word - YUM! All 3 of us devoured it like savages and now BB wants one because we're talking about it lol

Highly recommended and had homemade fries to boot, we watched the guy slicing 'em. Collective 10/10.

After eating we went to DeKuil, I got some NYCD but haven't tried it yet. We told the budtender we would be there again this year and he put his face over his eyes like "Oh shit it's gonna be crowded" and then proceeded to laugh when I said "If I were you, I'd take the day off." He said he remembered us and was nice about the toke and talk.

Hunter's was AWESOME! I bought a gram of Amnesia Haze and hestia bought a gram of Dark Star. It was very good because I rolled a joint of the AH and we didn't need it... guess you can tell who wins the fastest rolling contests (psst it's not me or hestia).

The guy at Hunter's was very welcoming also and gave us all drinks when we told him of the up and coming toke and talks. We of course bought some weed there and will buy more because of his wonderful attitude. Hunter's grandmother (I think it was) died and he had to go away for a bit so he wasn't there, but the Australian dude behind the counter was as nice as could be.

All three of us parted ways; Ann and I walking, BB on her bike as usual. I went to AH, bought some munchies and trammed it home. BB went to AH, bought some munchies and biked it home. We were exhausted from a long day and she's falling asleep as I type this. Now that I think about it, so am I. See y'all tomorrow here when possible and sure hope everyone can make it who had planned to come. I'll be praying, while eating these chocolate covered cookies from AH mmmmm I love 'em. They're called "Zaans Huisje".

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Apr 16, 2:56 am

What? No Magnum Bars yet? BB is slipping. I discovered those tasty treats back in '93 on my first trip over. Yummers!

moe.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Fri Apr 16, 5:20 am

Amen to that, Moe.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Re: 420 Has begun...

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Fri Apr 16, 5:53 am

sounds like a great start to your trip.

well done on missing all the plane dramas too. sounds like amsterdam is as wonderful as ever.

How is the hash at the moment?

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Apr 16, 7:34 am

moe. wrote:What? No Magnum Bars yet? BB is slipping. I discovered those tasty treats back in '93 on my first trip over. Yummers!

moe.

OHHH, indeed i did see the them.. and there is a new one called GOLD<that is carmel covered hard chocolate and swirled inside, thats the one i will be having today ;) spied them in a store just around the corner from the apt last nite but needed real food at the time i passed up the urge, ill let you know how much i enjoy it in a later report!

BlueBerry

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Apr 16, 7:38 am

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:sounds like a great start to your trip.

well done on missing all the plane dramas too. sounds like amsterdam is as wonderful as ever.

yeah what a close call, there are canceled flights in and out of Amsterdam and quite a few ppl coming into town for the 420 parties have been delayed!!!

havent gotten any hash yet, will be making some purchases today and update later;)

ohm sweet ohm
regular
regular

Postby ohm sweet ohm » Fri Apr 16, 8:03 am

Nice report :)

Hoping to make it to one of the 420 meets over the next few days..

yogibear
power poster
power poster
Location: AMS 04/19 to 05/02 otherwise slightly inside reality and to the left

Postby yogibear » Fri Apr 16, 1:46 pm

You lucky dogs. I'll be there in 9 days looking forward to the Purple Kush and some LA Confidential if the volcano doesn't screw things up.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Fri Apr 16, 3:37 pm

IG - I agree with you...bikes are not for me either....great way to bust my ass! Stick to your feet :)

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri Apr 16, 5:13 pm

I know BB is biking!

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Fri Apr 16, 9:07 pm

BlueBerry wrote:
kiwi_in_Oz wrote:sounds like a great start to your trip.

yeah what a close call, there are canceled flights in and out of Amsterdam and quite a few ppl coming into town for the 420 parties have been delayed!!!

havent gotten any hash yet, will be making some purchases today and update later;)

Are you making video reports?

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Fri Apr 16, 9:24 pm

YEAH...video reports...like the one you took when we all got on the wrong train in Haarlem! Nothing like having all your stoner moments caught on video and posted on MySpace :)

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Fri Apr 16, 10:24 pm

Trek I loved that video.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Fri Apr 16, 10:36 pm

Yeah Cheech...It's awesome that BB got it on video, because I don't know if I'd have believed it. There were some hard core Amsterdam veterans on that train, lol. Damn Nol and his dragon!!

bavlondon
regular
regular

Postby bavlondon » Fri Apr 16, 10:38 pm

I wish I was there. Right now I should be in Mellow Yellow, instead im at home because of a Volcano.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sat Apr 17, 12:33 am

4/16/10

Nice, slow day today. Talked with BB all morning, had a stunningly peaceful, partly sunny walk through the Jordaan listening to my ipod, just taking it all in, and met hestia and a good friend of mine at Popeye's at 2:00. Didn't stay long and the 4 of us headed out to DeKuil. I bought a gram of Super Silver Haze and it gave us a very nice buzz. Well worth it at 12 e a gram with a good aroma & flavor, very sweet! We gave it a 9/10.

The young budtender girl (her name is Jane) came up and asked BB if she was the actual "YouTube" Blueberry who does the Amsterdam videos, and specifically named the one with the view from the DeKuil window seat. BB confirmed she was indeed the one and the same, you'd have thought a celebrity was in the house... it was cool! So BB asked if she could make a video and Jane happily obliged. She was actually dying to be in it, really... it was so cute. BB got a video of the menu this time instead of just the window view. Bill (one of the guys who works there) was so appreciative and also recognized BB, gave her a free gram of Blueberry - we were having one helluva time relishing Blueberry's 'stardom'. Always nice to be recognized for your efforts.

My friend had to go and hestia and I were hungry. BB had eaten so she went bike riding and hestia and I went to an Argentinian Steakhouse for dinner and it was actually great. It was on a street not too far from the Green Place right on our way from DeKuil so we grabbed a bite. Good prices but the sodas were 4.50 euro a piece WTF that was half the price of the meal itself. The meal was well worth 10.50 euro - a steak cooked to perfection, a small salad and french fried. One downside they wanted to charge for ketchup - oh hell no I won't pay 2 euro for ketchup. I'd go back, but I'd skip the soda for water. Spend my 4.50 euro on a drink AND a dessert somewhere else. Just my two tits worth.

On to the Green Place and spent 129 euro in there - yikes! Didn't really mean to but the buds were so pretty I grabbed the one's I wanted. Started out with 2.5 grams of Trainwreck @ 10 e a gram. Excellent as per usual, this is definitely one of my favorite all time strains. The guy started smoking some not long after I bought some. We felt it deserved a 9/10. This just gets better... grabbed the Blueberry Cheese @ 13 e a gram, which is always a must for me - best batch I've ever tried. Holy Cow it knocked mine and hestia's socks off and we're both seasoned smokers. Had AWESOME flavor and smell, unbelievably POTENT and so smooth we hardly made a cough. I was so impressed I bought 5 grams and didn't even get a discount. Definite 10/10 On to the Purple Kush at the budtenders recommendation @ 13 euro a gram, I think it was. Good and ass kickin, but more harsh than the Blueberry Cheese. We gave it a 9.5 for potency. Bought a gram of Headband but haven't tried it yet - I'll let y'all know about that. To be honest it didn't look great but someone recommended it and I got it because of that... we shall see. You know how it surprises you sometimes... then again it could be real shit lol

We were supposed to meet back with BB at Basjoe at 8:00 pm so we had to get going. Got to Basjoe a little early and SoulRider was sitting there in our usual booth. We sat down with him and proceeded to talk. I got up and went to see James, saw his eyes and again knew I wanted whatever he was smoking. To my surprise he handed me a small joint, definitely not the cones we're used to here. I took two hits off if it and was trippin'! I've never tripped on weed in my life but this was the most amazing weed I think I've ever tried. I had to have some so I asked what the name was - he replied "James". So we decided to name it "Dread King James Special". It had a smell that lifted me to the sky, dear God I wanted to eat it, smell it, admire it, touch it, fondle it... hell there's no telling what I would do with this weed. "Hi, my name is IG... and I'm a weed rapist." So I did what any good weed rapist would do...I bought some - 4 grams to be exact. Don't know if you'll find that there generally, though *~wink~* then he topped off a joint of Jack Herer with some GOOEY Terminator, the kind I remember from 2008. He put it on with a toothpick, and I didn't have to do that with the Terminator I bought yesterday.

Waited for BB for a few hours, but found out when I got back to the apartment that she had a headache and had taken some what she THOUGHT was Tylenol... it was Tylenol pm and it knocked her ass out. She's nice and awake now though lol we're smoking a cone of NYCD that she expertly rolled as per usual. Just finished off the half joint of Jack Herer/Terminator I saved to smoke with her so she could try it even though she wasn't there. We missed her and James is the best. "Dread King James Special" gets 11/10 if that's possible... and I say it is after trying it.

Another wonderfully beautiful day in the dam without using a pipe at all... only cones for me this time. Hope everyone has a safe, uneventful trip over here.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Sat Apr 17, 1:09 am

islandgurl wrote:On to the Green Place and spent 129 euro in there - yikes! Started out with 2.5 grams of Trainwreck @ 10 e a gram. This just gets better... grabbed the Blueberry Cheese @ 13 e a gram, I was so impressed I bought 5 grams and didn't even get a discount. On to the Purple Kush at the budtenders recommendation @ 13 euro a gram, Bought a gram of Headband but haven't tried it yet.

Ummm...has the 5 gram limit been lifted??

As for BB...she's awesome...and she's from the south :) Tell your friend to check out her Virtual Tourist page for Amsterdam. It used to be one of the top Amsterdam pages on the site. Good stuff

YuckyDog1
super poster
super poster

Postby YuckyDog1 » Sat Apr 17, 1:32 am

BlueBerry wrote:
moe. wrote:What? No Magnum Bars yet? BB is slipping. I discovered those tasty treats back in '93 on my first trip over. Yummers!

moe.

OHHH, indeed i did see the them.. and there is a new one called GOLD<that is carmel covered hard chocolate and swirled inside, thats the one i will be having today ;) spied them in a store just around the corner from the apt last nite but needed real food at the time i passed up the urge, ill let you know how much i enjoy it in a later report!

BlueBerry

Oh how I miss them!

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sat Apr 17, 9:23 am

TrekknHil wrote:
islandgurl wrote:On to the Green Place and spent 129 euro in there - yikes! Started out with 2.5 grams of Trainwreck @ 10 e a gram. This just gets better... grabbed the Blueberry Cheese @ 13 e a gram, I was so impressed I bought 5 grams and didn't even get a discount. On to the Purple Kush at the budtenders recommendation @ 13 euro a gram, Bought a gram of Headband but haven't tried it yet.

Ummm...has the 5 gram limit been lifted??

As for BB...she's awesome...and she's from the south :) Tell your friend to check out her Virtual Tourist page for Amsterdam. It used to be one of the top Amsterdam pages on the site. Good stuff

Ummm there were two of us, we got less than 10 grams. However, I've never had a problem with the amount I get.

Running out to meet up with BB and hestia to shop at the Albert Cuyp market, then hit Katsu and wherever else our herb connoisseur hearts take us. It's majorly sunny, warm (about 60 degrees for the high) and gorgeous!! Y'all have a nice day.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Sat Apr 17, 9:30 am

Ummm...sorry you made it sound like you bought it all :)

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Sun Apr 18, 2:53 am

This is just great reporting - glad you made it in the first place with that ash. It really makes you want to book a trip.

How is that Dr. Grinspoon weed ? I have heard alot about it.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Sun Apr 18, 3:11 am

Hey IG....I'm curious to know if the city is different because the airport is closed. The eruption is a big deal over here....what's the buzz over there?
I hope you are going boldly!

JULIET
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby JULIET » Mon Apr 19, 1:06 am

Hey nice to hear from you gf. You enjoy, that's a good girl!

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Mon Apr 19, 2:02 am

It's CRAZY! People are stranded all over the place, but the hotels by the airport seem to be getting hit the hardest. It's looking even crazier for BB and I to get back since we're both flying standby. Her buddy told her it could be after May 6th before we get out of here!! I said "Oh well, there are worse places to be stranded" and she agreed.

Came home to no electricity last night so no trip report. I'll try and catch up later, but I just got in from partying at the Nes with DC and a few who made it. He kept rolling cone after cone with some unbelievable stuff in them - nice guy.

The Dr Grinspoon was definitely not worth the money at all, I'll never buy it again. Put your money into Blueberry Cheese, James Special or (as y'all will find out) Black Widow at Katsu and S5 Haze at Mellow Yellow - they rock!

JULIET
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby JULIET » Mon Apr 19, 11:16 pm

islandgurl wrote:It's CRAZY! People are stranded all over the place ...!

Yes a bad situation indeed, you take care.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Mon Apr 19, 11:56 pm

IG You got great timing!!

tricky strange time with the planet's activity, but if i was gonna get stuck somewhere, well amsterdam would be the dream destination as long as the money holds out. may your return be safe and easy.
AND MAY THE REST OF US GET TO FULFILL OUR AMSTERDAM TRIPS THIS YEAR!!!

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Tue Apr 20, 12:02 pm

We're meeting at Dampkring and doing the wave at the Koningsplein cam around 3 pm-3:15 pm (AMS time). If anyone wants to wave back, just hop on.

Sorry I'll get to the trip reports but it's been a crazy couple of days. Fun, but crazy. I sure hope we're not stranded here too long, though. I love Amsterdam, but I love my child more.

Happy 420 everyone! Gonna go to the meet ups and do it up right.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Tue Apr 20, 12:40 pm

Stay away from the La Conf @ Dampkring, a breeder I know is in town and he says it simply isn't La Conf, he did rate the Mexican Haze though.

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hammer » Tue Apr 20, 2:20 pm

I watched you guys waving! I was waving right back, but I doubt you saw me. Have fun and smoke one for me at the Dampkring. Happy 420.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue Apr 20, 2:33 pm

Looks like you folks are having another wonderful sunny Spring day... gotta love it...
Enjoy the trip!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”