Trip report - Pretrip Journal

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

User avatar
Henry VIII
power poster
power poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 4:35 pm

Trip report - Pretrip Journal

Postby Henry VIII » Mon Jan 11, 5:47 pm

I know it lame/early as I don’t actually leave for another two weeks (28/1 - 31/1) but I thought I would start a thread dedicated to my Amsterdam trip in order to prepare myself and get ready for my report. Already been hunting all over for as much info as possible regarding prep for the trip. (Thanks to all at The Channels.nl & ACD) I think I am pretty much overloaded now with tips and guidance to ensure I have a great time and visit the best places and smoke the best bud around.

This trip is pure self indulgence no trekking to museums, zoo’s or galleries just smoke, munch and RLD this time. I am on a tightish budget and currently the fund is 500 euro which has to last from about 10pm Thursday to 3pm Sunday. I am hoping this is going to see me through the whole trip without having to worry about anything. Flights booked and paid (£73 return Easy Jet) Hotel Booked and Paid (90 Euros Hotel Hegra).

Again apologies for the early posting but you know what it is like when an Amsterdam trip is on the horizon. Every day is a step closer TODAY 17 to go and I will be there enjoying life’s little luxuries to my heart’s content. But for now it is still UK dreary miserable Normalism. This time I am going with a pal which is strange as most of the time I go alone in order to work my own pace and do what I want to do. Thankfully my pal although not a smoker is a top guy who is only really going for the Red Light district or to “find some brassesâ€￾ as he so eloquently puts it. I just wanted to take this opportunity to illustrate my (pencilled in) plan of action where I am going and what I hope to buy.

Which is as follows:
(Please advise or suggest changes or any ideas to the plan. Very Welcomed.

COFFEE SHOPS

Katsu – Super Skunk /G13 / Red Leb / Black Widow / Crystal Clear
Home Grown Fantasy – Silver Pearl / Cheese
Hills Street Blues – Hill Street Special / Polm
Basjoe – Basjoe Special / Orange / Terminator
Grey Area – Chocolope / Equatorial Sativa / LA Confidential / Silver Bubble
Amnesia – LSD / Quazar / Haze / Lemon Haze
420 – Blueberry
Anydays – Stella Blue
Barney’s – Dr. Grinspoon

All of my visits to CS’s will be evaluated using the same method for the purposes of easy reporting. Graded on Products, Value, Service and general ambience factor. Hopefully it should give a good idea of the CS’s from a relative noobie.

I have also put some research into where to eat as usually I end up in a coffee shop and then just eat toasties or from whatever is in my blurry eyed vision from the coffee shop door.

FOOD

Wok2Walk
BurgerBar
Durty Nellys
Stones Cafe

Any other suitably priced places to eat would be kindly received. (FEBO not for me)

So for now I will leave it there and will report next week with further excitement as it will only be 7 days away then....

Henry the Eighth

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6065
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Trip report - Pretrip Journal

Postby Generous_J » Mon Jan 11, 6:14 pm

Henry VII wrote:COFFEE SHOPS

Katsu – Super Skunk /G13 / Red Leb / Black Widow / Crystal Clear
Home Grown Fantasy – Silver Pearl / Cheese
Hills Street Blues – Hill Street Special / Polm
Basjoe – Basjoe Special / Orange / Terminator
Grey Area – Chocolope / Equatorial Sativa / LA Confidential / Silver Bubble
Amnesia – LSD / Quazar / Haze / Lemon Haze
420 – Blueberry
Anydays – Stella Blue
Barney’s – Dr. Grinspoon


Looks like some nice choices here.

Henry VII wrote:FOOD

Wok2Walk
BurgerBar
Durty Nellys
Stones Cafe


Wok 2 Walk is AMAZING.
BurgerBar is very good.
Durty Nellys is fairly average Irish pub food.
Stones Cafe? I wouldn't eat anything from there.

winnie
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 11:43 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Postby winnie » Mon Jan 11, 6:18 pm

I'd skip Durty Nellies and Stones for food and head to O Reillys just behind the palace.

I'm pretty convinced that all the food from Wok to Whatever it's called comes from the same pot... they just call it different names.

User avatar
Henry VIII
power poster
power poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 4:35 pm

Postby Henry VIII » Mon Jan 11, 6:22 pm

Thanks for the advice any places food wise you would like to add or smoke ?

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6065
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Postby Generous_J » Mon Jan 11, 6:27 pm


User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Postby Old Fart » Mon Jan 11, 9:05 pm

It all tastes the same to me, but the LA Confidential is a clear standout so far.

User avatar
muckypup
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6993
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2:38 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby muckypup » Mon Jan 11, 10:25 pm

winnie wrote:I'd skip Durty Nellies and Stones for food and head to O Reillys just behind the palace.

I'm pretty convinced that all the food from Wok to Whatever it's called comes from the same pot... they just call it different names.


They fucking cook it in front of you. How could you have been convinced of that?

winnie
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 11:43 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Postby winnie » Mon Jan 11, 11:18 pm

everybodys tasted the same

User avatar
FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2785
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 6:05 am
Location: Somewhere between reality and insanity
Contact:

Postby FlyByNite » Tue Jan 12, 12:46 am

Best burger around, Kobe Wagyu beef if you wish.

http://www.burger-bar.nl/

Enjoy
FlyByNite

EvLaAllDay
participating
participating
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 7:08 am

Re: Trip report - Pretrip Journal

Postby EvLaAllDay » Tue Jan 12, 9:20 am

Henry VIII wrote:COFFEE SHOPS

Katsu – Super Skunk /G13 / Red Leb / Black Widow / Crystal Clear
Home Grown Fantasy – Silver Pearl / Cheese
Hills Street Blues – Hill Street Special / Polm
Basjoe – Basjoe Special / Orange / Terminator
Grey Area – Chocolope / Equatorial Sativa / LA Confidential / Silver Bubble
Amnesia – LSD / Quazar / Haze / Lemon Haze
420 – Blueberry
Anydays – Stella Blue
Barney’s – Dr. Grinspoon


Henry the Eighth


You may already know this and it may not matter to you, but Dr.Grinspoon, Quazer, Qutopia, and the Equatorial Sativa are all the same strain, a pure sativa. At least that's what I have read..I don't know if your mission is to try as many varieties as possible or to just smoke superb buds. If it is simply the latter then disregard my statement...Thought I would let you know though since you are working on a somewhat limited budget.

User avatar
bridget
regular
regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 5:55 pm
Location: England

Postby bridget » Wed Jan 13, 8:37 am

http://www.spottedbylocals.com/amsterda ... sandwiches

http://www.buffet-amsterdam.nl/eng_index.html

Like the sound of your trip. Yeah! This is when the serious countdown begins - lucky you.

Have a safe trip :)

User avatar
Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4336
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 4:20 pm
Location: ...Where it's at.

Re: Trip report - Pretrip Journal

Postby Red Pleb » Fri Jan 15, 2:35 pm

Henry VIII wrote:

(Please advise or suggest changes or any ideas to the plan. Very Welcomed.

COFFEE SHOPS

Katsu – Super Skunk /G13 / Red Leb / Black Widow / Crystal Clear
Home Grown Fantasy – Silver Pearl / Cheese
Hills Street Blues – Hill Street Special / Polm
Basjoe – Basjoe Special / Orange / Terminator
Grey Area – Chocolope / Equatorial Sativa / LA Confidential / Silver Bubble
Amnesia – LSD / Quazar / Haze / Lemon Haze
420 – Blueberry
Anydays – Stella Blue
Barney’s – Dr. Grinspoon



Henry the Eighth



What? No Dampkring ?

User avatar
Henry VIII
power poster
power poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 4:35 pm

Re: Trip report - Pretrip Journal

Postby Henry VIII » Fri Jan 15, 5:47 pm

Red Pleb wrote:
Henry VIII wrote:

(Please advise or suggest changes or any ideas to the plan. Very Welcomed.

COFFEE SHOPS

Katsu – Super Skunk /G13 / Red Leb / Black Widow / Crystal Clear
Home Grown Fantasy – Silver Pearl / Cheese
Hills Street Blues – Hill Street Special / Polm
Basjoe – Basjoe Special / Orange / Terminator
Grey Area – Chocolope / Equatorial Sativa / LA Confidential / Silver Bubble
Amnesia – LSD / Quazar / Haze / Lemon Haze
420 – Blueberry
Anydays – Stella Blue
Barney’s – Dr. Grinspoon



Henry the Eighth



What? No Dampkring ?


My bad. Of course I will have to visit Dampkring I may add Dolphins and Paradox to the trip also as they seem to be recieving some good reports...

Thanks for the tips everyone.

It is only 8 working days away and I will be on that plane. Can't wait

User avatar
Henry VIII
power poster
power poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 4:35 pm

Postby Henry VIII » Fri Jan 15, 5:48 pm

bridget wrote:http://www.spottedbylocals.com/amsterdam/broodje-bert-sandwiches

http://www.buffet-amsterdam.nl/eng_index.html

Like the sound of your trip. Yeah! This is when the serious countdown begins - lucky you.

Have a safe trip :)


Cheers

User avatar
Henry VIII
power poster
power poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 4:35 pm

Re: Trip report - Pretrip Journal

Postby Henry VIII » Sun Jan 17, 5:22 pm

EvLaAllDay wrote:
Henry VIII wrote:COFFEE SHOPS

Katsu – Super Skunk /G13 / Red Leb / Black Widow / Crystal Clear
Home Grown Fantasy – Silver Pearl / Cheese
Hills Street Blues – Hill Street Special / Polm
Basjoe – Basjoe Special / Orange / Terminator
Grey Area – Chocolope / Equatorial Sativa / LA Confidential / Silver Bubble
Amnesia – LSD / Quazar / Haze / Lemon Haze
420 – Blueberry
Anydays – Stella Blue
Barney’s – Dr. Grinspoon


Henry the Eighth


You may already know this and it may not matter to you, but Dr.Grinspoon, Quazer, Qutopia, and the Equatorial Sativa are all the same strain, a pure sativa. At least that's what I have read..I don't know if your mission is to try as many varieties as possible or to just smoke superb buds. If it is simply the latter then disregard my statement...Thought I would let you know though since you are working on a somewhat limited budget.


It is not in my plan to smoke all of the above (I Wish). They are the selection of which I have picked up mainly on this site so any way of creating a more concise list would be great.

User avatar
bridget
regular
regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 5:55 pm
Location: England

Postby bridget » Sun Jan 17, 6:12 pm

http://www.debakkerswinkel.nl/

Sounds good and on the right side of town ;-)

Most likely already seen but just in case..

http://www.smokersguide.com/sg/index.html

User avatar
oracle
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1024
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 9:23 pm
Location: On a lemonade ray gun in a future dimension.

Postby oracle » Mon Jan 18, 12:08 pm

When you go to Katsu, try out the Northern Lights x Silver Pearl.

A wicked smoke at 20 euros for 2.6 gms.

Peace,

.oracle.

User avatar
Marco
power poster
power poster
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 3:15 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Postby Marco » Mon Jan 18, 1:38 pm

oracle wrote:When you go to Katsu, try out the Northern Lights x Silver Pearl.

A wicked smoke at 20 euros for 2.6 gms.

Peace,

.oracle.


Also at Katsu, don't miss the OG Kush!

User avatar
Henry VIII
power poster
power poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 4:35 pm

Postby Henry VIII » Mon Jan 18, 1:38 pm

Quick follow up from my original post made regarding where I am going and what I will sampling.

The new plan of action is as follows: (Again please let me know if you have any alternatives smoke ideas but the shops I will keep the same)

DAMPKRING - G13, Laughing Buddha or Mexican Haze
AMNESIA - LSD, Amnesia Haze
GREY AREA - Chocolope or LA Confidential
PARADOX - NY Cheisel or Moroccan Pollen
TWEEDE KAMER - NYDC
DOLPHINS - White Dolphin
HOMEGROWN FANTASY - Cheese or Silver Pearl
420 - Blueberry
HILLSTREET BLUES - Hillstreet Special or Polm
GREEN PLACE - Blueberry Cheese or OG Kush
BASJOE - Bas Special or Orange

I will probably be limited to one purchase per shop so any ideas or comments would be much appreciated Guys anfd Gals


Thanks.

User avatar
Henry VIII
power poster
power poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 4:35 pm

Postby Henry VIII » Fri Jan 22, 1:08 pm

Well as the weekend strikes the days are counting faster than I could have hoped for. Had this trip booked since December so not too bad as a count down but bad enough. Everything seems to be in place for a great trip. I thought I would just make a few more pre trip comments.

As is the case with all Dam trips the excitement is unbearable but once you hit the “ This time next week I will be...â€￾ the reality becomes clear. I have been seriously let down in the UK of late in terms of the quality of bud available from numerous sources. Everything seems to be sold too early or under weight over priced you name it is happening. The state iof play for me is that now they are charging £25 for not even 3g and the stuff is rubbish. It really knarks me as my love for this great potion is being tarnished by the sub standard K market.

Why can’t there be UK coffee shop scene? It bollocks maybe there would be some order and professionalism with the trade instead of shysters spinning a buck. Oh well rant over.

So far Me and co traveller have a set agenda. Basjoe T&T first night 23.00 hrs looks to be a great meet as there is around 15 people attending so should be fun. Then it is a case of getting round the big hitting shops and smokes to get my fix.

Less than 6 days and I will be there.


TRIP REPORT TO FOLLOW

User avatar
MikeFromTx
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 1:33 pm
Location: Thailand

Postby MikeFromTx » Fri Jan 22, 1:21 pm

Go by Popeyes and get a gram of Alladins Chocolate. Its top notch!

budmeister
participating
participating
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 4:49 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Postby budmeister » Sat Jan 23, 3:06 am

If you are going to Katsu, you probably want to check out other coffeeshops in the De Pijp area, like Media, De Graal, Yoyo, Atlantis. These are the ones that I've been to. Others, like Carmona have received good trip reports on ACD.

On my Last two trips looking for Yoyo and Carmona, I stumbled across others like Ibiza, Nice Place, Space Mountain and De Kabouter (I think that's how its spelt). I intend to check them out on my next trip, probably sometime in April, FBN, will give you dates when I've decided.

User avatar
Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4336
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 4:20 pm
Location: ...Where it's at.

Postby Red Pleb » Sat Jan 23, 7:27 pm

I feel compelled to steer you away from Mikes recommendation at Popeyes. I'm aware that this is stating the obvious but , like any outlet with a rapid turnover, coffeeshop products vary in their quality from batch to batch. What may have been ' value ' last summer, doesn't necessitate into the same deal 7 or 8 months later. Up until Wednesday just gone , its still not worth 16 Euros and hasn't been since last spring.

User avatar
TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2332
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 5:04 am
Location: Light Years Ahead

Postby TrekknHil » Sat Jan 23, 11:40 pm

I'd like to recommend the SO Gouda from Katsu...I loved it :)

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trapped within space, time and motion
Contact:

Postby slither » Tue Jan 26, 9:22 pm

This entire thread is just so much preejaculate, utterly inappropriate for the Trip Reports. It should be posted under Guest, Amsterdam or even the Bar.

That being said, fuck Durty Nellies - try Molly Malone's instead.

Pleasant memories of that fire and those leather sofas on cold winter afternoons.

Good luck.

Don't fall into a canal.

User avatar
islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4368
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2:46 am
Location: Got my toes in the water, ass in the sand.

Postby islandgurl » Tue Jan 26, 10:15 pm

I'd add Trainwreck from the Green Place and second the So Gouda at Katsu. I tried Hunters' So Gouda and loved it, wish I could have tried Katsu's.

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15709
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Jan 27, 1:23 am

slither wrote:This entire thread is just so much preejaculate, utterly inappropriate for the Trip Reports. It should be posted under Guest, Amsterdam or even the Bar.

That being said, fuck Durty Nellies - try Molly Malone's instead.

Pleasant memories of that fire and those leather sofas on cold winter afternoons.

Good luck.

Don't fall into a canal.


Every once in a while, you give good advice there slither.

User avatar
bridget
regular
regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 5:55 pm
Location: England

Postby bridget » Thu Feb 11, 8:37 am

Where's your trippie?? :D

User avatar
ANDRE3000
super poster
super poster
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 12:41 am
Location: Lake Michigan

Postby ANDRE3000 » Sat Feb 13, 3:56 pm

Sounds like fun Henry. I know what you mean by only 17 days to go. We still have 39 left for us as I write this. I think 500 should be sufficient, but it depends how much you indulge?

Jujumann
power poster
power poster
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 7:59 am
Location: Fort Myers, Florida

Re: Trip report - Pretrip Journal

Postby Jujumann » Sat Jun 12, 5:17 am

Henry VIII wrote:
Red Pleb wrote:
Henry VIII wrote:

(Please advise or suggest changes or any ideas to the plan. Very Welcomed.

COFFEE SHOPS

Katsu – Super Skunk /G13 / Red Leb / Black Widow / Crystal Clear
Home Grown Fantasy – Silver Pearl / Cheese
Hills Street Blues – Hill Street Special / Polm
Basjoe – Basjoe Special / Orange / Terminator
Grey Area – Chocolope / Equatorial Sativa / LA Confidential / Silver Bubble
Amnesia – LSD / Quazar / Haze / Lemon Haze
420 – Blueberry
Anydays – Stella Blue
Barney’s – Dr. Grinspoon



Henry the Eighth



What? No Dampkring ?


My bad. Of course I will have to visit Dampkring I may add Dolphins and Paradox to the trip also as they seem to be recieving some good reports...

Thanks for the tips everyone.

It is only 8 working days away and I will be on that plane. Can't wait


I would highly recommend Dolphins. Although I am not up to date as to what strains they have at this time, I would suggest them just for the ambiance. It's a great place to hang out in. As long as you purchase a beverage, you could always bring smoke from somewhere else too. Definitely a must for to hang out for a bit.

From there it is a short walk up Leidsestraat to Maoz Falafel if that is your cup of tea. Great falafel. there is also a nice little falafel place on Korte Leidsedwarsstraat.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Slainte,
JUJU


Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests