10 Days of...

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

10 Days of...

Postby balou1999 » Fri Dec 18, 8:52 am

Well made it back to the Big D yesterday afternoon, I always have mixed feelings about coming home. Anyway on with the story!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

I left home late, waiting on brother, needed to stop by the bank before my departure. No problems there actually made it to the airport about 2 hours early. I had printed my boarding passes at home, something I usually do not do for an Int'l flight. Went to the ticket counter to drop off my bags, I waited for about 5 minutes and no one comes to help me. Finally, someone is free and tells me as he goes on an office that the computer system has been down for all the airlines this morning! Great just what I need, I wait another 20 minutes for an agent to become available. He proceeds to find my name on the flight list and begins writing paper bag tickets. I am little nervous now, will my bag make it to Mokum? He only writes Houston on my tags and I stop him and hand him my boarding passes. Now he corrects them and adds AMS. Headed through security and make it through in 5 minutes. Head to the gate area and sit at the bar waiting on my flight to board. The quick flight to Houston, 43 minutes, is over in no time. I have a one and a half hour layover. Locate my gate and check my boarding pass for boarding time, none listed. So I head to the restaurant opposite to have another drink and surf the net. Now I am sitting in front of a screen that list all the flights. My flights says on time but never changes to boarding and we are about 45 minutes to departure. I pay my check and head to the gate. Damn, where is everybody? There are like 20 people in the area but I remember seeing that the flight was almost full. The agent then makes announcement that if you are going to Amsterdam please board now or your bags will be off loaded. I quickly walk over to the gate and she scans my boarding pass and head to my seat.

Friday, November 20, 2009

The flight over was just shy of nine hours, of which I slept maybe five. I make it off the plane and through all the madness of Schiphol to Immigration. I hand the officer my passport, he looks at me, a look at my pic and stamps it without saying a word. Now here comes the part I always hate. Waiting for baggage is the worst part of flying to me. Well I'm hoping this time is different since I gained Elite status with Continental this summer, my bags should be some of the first off the plane. As I wait I head over and but my ticket to Centraal Station. The belt finally starts to move about 10 minutes later and what do you know, whose bag comes out second? Mine! I grab it and head through customs, go directly down the escalator to the platform, and wait on the train. Five minutes later the train pulls out the station, it is finally starting to sink in that I have finally made it.

It is now about half past nine and headed towards to Waterlooplein to meet up with the host for the apartment. After climbing the stairs, all four flights I take a breather. I decided to change, for some reason it is warm in town and could not stop sweating buckets. It is then that I remember I took some energy pills and that shit has me going. I cannot wait any longer I need to smoke. I venture out to Greenplace for my first purchase. I asked what a good Sativa was and he recommends something that I cannot remember that name of but it is 10E/g. I skin up, sit in the window, and spark it up. Now that is better! Time starts to slip away from me and it is about a quarter past eleven. I leave and head through the RLD to Blues Brothers to meet Rasalibree who is sharing the apartment with me. I go in and head upstairs. First time in ok shop, would be perfect if you are staying at the Flying Pig. I get to the counter and ask for a 10E bag of AK-47 x Mango Haze 8.50E/g he then starts to weigh out the shake saying he does not break up buds. Stop; well give me a 20E bag then. I sit down and start to skin up, the bud looks great smells even better but it is still too wet. I try to roll a joint still and start to smoke it. It burns like shit and I give up and put it out. I skin up whatever I had from Greenplace to take me back to my happy place! Rasa shows up about fifteen minutes later, makes a purchase and pulls out his bong for his first smoke. He had met a couple of people and they joined us for out short stay. We leave BB and head towards the apartment but not before stopping at 420.

After a quick shower at the apartment, we walk through Rembrandtplein on the way to Katsu via Mellow Yellow. We get to Mellow Yellow and it is crowded. I get a gram of the S5 Haze; Rasa gets something I do not remember. We continue to Katsu and arrive just as the sun is setting. Make it to the counter and peruse the menu, if you have ever been you know it is no easy task! I end up getting 1.1 g of Red Leb for 10E and 2 grams of Da Purps for 20E. Rasa grabs the Black Widow if I remember correctly. We head back to smoking room and I skin up some of Da Purps; very fruity smoke, more of a stone than a high. We then move over to the Verdamper! We smoke bowl after bowl of every purchase we have made today. One of the locals joined us and smoked in to the early evening. I am high as eagle pussy, when we decide to head back towards the Centrum. As we leave, I decide I want to try to find Club Media. We head down the street and bam there it is. We enter and I am surprised by how big it is inside the shop. We head back to the budtender and I look at the menu even though I am after a gram of the Hindu Kush. We buy and fly and continue our walk back into town. As we leave, I try to navigate by memory and get lost. Along the way, we stop at Albert Heijn and pick up some groceries for the apartment. We continue in what I think the way back to the apartment. Just as I am ready to throw in the towel and grab a cab, we arrive. After have a quick bite and a few bowls we decide to take a quick nap in preparation for the smoke off tonight. The next thing I remember is opening my eyes look at my cell and see that it is 11:30! Shit we over slept! Oh well, try we smoke a few more bowls and get a full nights sleep.

S5 Haze Mellow Yellow 13E/g

Da Purps Katsu 10E/g

Red Leb Katsu 10E 1.1g

Hindu Kush Club Media 8E/g

Saturday, November 21, 2009

We awake obscenely early around five, now what to do? SMOKE! A joint and a few bong hits later we crash and wake around 11 or so. As we start to decide are plans for the day the rain starts to fall. We hang around smoking until at least half past one before heading out. We stop by Bluebird and Greenplace; I did not make purchases. On to Homegrown Fantasy where I picked up some Silver Pearl which I really did like. Great high, nice taste would purchase again. I skin up and we chill for a few before moving on to the next shop. I finally make it to the renovated Resin and it is very green inside! Kind off fitting I think. I decide to try their Cup entry, Dark Star. Dark green buds with a great smell. We grab drinks and a bong and sit in the smoking room toking. From here, we head down the Haarlemmerstraat. We stop at Dampkring 2 and it is crowded as shit. We finally make it to the counter and Rasa makes his purchases. We continue and try to have a look at the Greenhouse menu. We are stopped at the door because we do not have a Judge’s Pass! Well fuck them; I will never set foot in there again. Well maybe Tolstraat because I want to see it but that will be it! On to renovated Barney’s where we are lucky enough to get the table in the window. I grab us a couple of Looza’s. I fight the crowd back to our table and then again to the counter for a gram of the Cup entry Vanilla Kush. When I finally get a vape of the stuff, it has an amazing taste. Kind off reminds me of aromatherapy, a heavy stone starts to takeover my body. We switch it up to one of the sativas we bought the day before and the high had difficulty cutting through the stone. After a few bags, all was good! We chilled for a while before heading to Popeye’s for a little internet. By this time, I am starting to get hungry and we head back to Albert Heijn and pick up a few things before heading back to the apartment. I cannot remember what we did between leaving the apartment and making it to Basjoe’s around half past eight. I settle on probably my absolute favorite strain in A’ dam right now, Bas Special. I immediately skin up and we smoke a spliff waiting to see if anyone from the forums will show. Rasa thinks he recognizes USBL but is not sure. We hang around smoking until at least eleven before deciding to call it a night. We make it back to the apartment, smoke a few bowls, and hit the hay around one.

Silver Pearl Homegrown Fantasy 10E/g

Dark Star Resin 13E/g

Vanilla Kush Barney’s 14E/g

Bas Special Basjoe 12E/g

Sunday, November 22, 2009

We wake up at a reasonable hour today; I have trouble getting out the bed. After I do get up, I see why. Looks like I killed the rest of the Heineken last night. Rasa is ready to get out by eleven but I drag my feet a little while longer. Finally set and ready to go by half past noon. We set out towards the RLD stopping first at Greenplace, I grab a Looza and Rasa makes a purchase I believe. We settle down in the smoking room at the rear of the shop and I skin up some of Da Purps. Rasa commences to rolling a Dutch Master, it takes him about twenty minutes. :lol: By then the joint is gone and we spark the Dutchie. From there we head of to Hunter’s. After Rasa gets id’d for like the 10th time, we ask for a recommendation from the dealer. Rasa asked if one of the strains was any good and the dealer replies, “It’s fucking amazing!â€￾ He ends up getting a gram of whatever it is. Did not stay, headed to find Stone’s. After not finding what we were after on the menu, we head off to who knows where! While wandering around Rasa says, he wants to go to the Aquarium. Not my thing but I am high so it will be cool. I thought that Nemo, the building that kind of looks like a sinking ship, had an aquarium. So we head in that direction from the RLD. We make it in almost no time and buy tickets without asking if we were at the right place. One look over the map and we realize that we just wasted 12.50E! We walk out cursing like a sailor, but soon turn around and decide to try to enjoy the exhibits. Then the multitude of screaming children chases us away again. We did decide to snap a few pictures from the roof.

Panoramic from the top of Nemo

We headed to Blues Brothers via the apartment to meet up with one of the budtenders Rasa met on his last trip. I grabbed a milkshake from the bar downstairs before heading upstairs to find us a table. When I have a seat, I almost break my fucking neck because the chair is broken! So I switch chairs and roll a joint. Rasa comes over after chatting with his friend; he is not paying attention as I try to warn him not to sit in that chair. Too late, at least he did not put all his weight in it. I get my laugh in as he returns with another chair. I pass him the joint as he sat down. We hung out for a bit, had a few vapes. Most of the evening escapes me. I know at some point in time Rasa decides that he wanted a massage. He wants to try a place we saw Saturday walking to Resin. After leaving him to relax, I set off for Nes. I grab a beer and sit to roll a quick spliff. I re-enter the cold as I stand out front to smoke and enjoy the “quietnessâ€￾. After another quick beer I’m off to HGF for some more Silver Pearl. I grab a gram a roll a joint as I sit and wait for Rasa.
I’m sure we made it back to the apartment around midnight. Listened to some tunes, smoked a joint or two and had a few rips on the bong. Sleep started calling me and I soon found myself in bed.

Monday, November 23, 2009

We wake up to rainy day. Usually that wouldn’t bother me but it is November and cold out. After finishing my morning rituals, I grab a bowl of cereal. I take one bite and realize something is not right. I take another bite, there is no way I can’t eat this. I head to the kitchen and dump out the bowl. I grab the milk and shake it. Sounds a little too thick to be regular milk. To the bin with that and ate the rest of the croissants from the day before. It is now at least noon and the rain is still coming down, a little harder actually. I skin up a pure of the S5 Haze from Mellow Yellow as Rasa is packing something in the bowl. We watch a movie and around two finally set out.

First stop of the day was Bluebird, first time in the shop. Up the steps to the dealer, check out the menu. I pass on a purchase but maybe Rasa did. We head out, didn’t stay long. We head out and decide to try Grey Area. We take Damstraat cut through the Dam Square and make it in no time at all. We are greeted at the door with a long ass line. After squeezing in two people get up to leave. I quickly snag one of the chairs. I light a small doobie that I had and smoked it before I noticed that someone grabbed the other empty chair. An American guy from Michigan gave me some hash, Royal Jelly, that he got from the Expo. Rasa finally made it back a few minutes later with nowhere to sit. However, the couple I had been sharing the table with said they were about to leave. Soon we are hitting a bong and I lay the small piece of hash over whatever he purchased. A nice warm feeling starts to come over me a few minutes after the hit. We stay long enough for a few more rips before heading to Amnesia. After turning a few corners and walking along the canal, we arrive. We are met with a very crowded shop and decided not to stay.

We decide to grab dinner around half past five and head to Burger Bar. After waiting about fifteen minutes for the food, we head down the alley to sit and eat at one of the benches in front of the Golden Tulip. Indeed a good burger probably one of the best you can get in town. It now starts to sprinkle so we head off to 420 for the Toke & Talk. We arrive a half an hour early, grab a couple of drinks, and sit at the bar with one of their Roors. Finally around a quarter past seven we see everyone start to gather at the front of the shop and notice a man, FlyByNite, has a T&T sign on his table. We introduce ourselves and meet USBL, Luvtick, FBN, Alpha, Birdman, Tuttiflies, and a couple more I do not remember, sorry. We sat around smoking and talking for a while before leaving with USBL & Luvtick. We head to Barney’s Lounge just off the Thorbeckeplein for a smoke and milkshakes. After making the walk over we are meet with a sign saying that during the Cup the Lounge would be closed. Oh well, it is only a short walk to Basjoe. We head that way and make it in almost no time. James and his nine-foot long dreads that he has been growing for thirty years meet us again. We settle in after grabbing drinks, more Bas Special, and commence to smoke our asses off. There are several joints and a bong in rotation. A little later Birdman joined us and I think Tuttiflies may have followed. By then I am as high as I have been since I stepped foot off the train! After sitting around for a couple of more hours smoking and talking, we head out in search of food. USBL had recommended the pizza place in front of Hotel Doria. We head down Damstraat and grab a couple of slices to satisfy the munchies. The night is getting late and my eyes are getting heavy.

After climbing the four flights of stairs to our attic apartment, we settle in and watch a movie. I know I smoked some of the Hindu Kush out of the bong. I think I enjoy this strain out of the bong versus a joint. I also remember smoking some Black Widow Rasa picked up from Katsu. Soon he lies down while the movie is still playing. I decided to roll a joint with the Vanilla Kush and Red Leb. It made a very spicy joint that I could barely finish. It must be around one when I attempt to go to sleep. I am so high that my mind is racing. I try to sleep but it eludes me. I get up, hit the bong one more time, and then return to bed. I clear my head, finally drifting off around three.

Tall Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Tall Guy » Sat Dec 19, 11:26 am

Great stuff, a burger recommendation from a Texan is definitely noteworthy!

Henry VIII
power poster
power poster

Postby Henry VIII » Tue Dec 22, 11:49 am

Great report...

Whats was the massage place Rasa spotted? Any good?

Also what was the best smoke of the trip...enlighten me I will be there soon and it would be good to start with a new medicine.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Wed Dec 23, 12:13 am

Henry VIII wrote:Great report...

Whats was the massage place Rasa spotted? Any good?

Also what was the best smoke of the trip...enlighten me I will be there soon and it would be good to start with a new medicine.

The massage shop was shit, I'm sure you could do better. Best smokes of the trip was Bas Special for Basjoe, LSD from Amnesia and Blueberry Cheese from Greenplace.

Peace,
Balou

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Wed Dec 23, 12:14 am

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today started just like most morning except today we are going to rent bikes. We leave the apartment around noon and head towards the Spuistraat to Recycles Rentals. A quick stop at AH to pickup breakfast. I notice some models in the window of a design school on the way.

As we walk down the straat looking for the address we finally spot it as the gate is coming down! WTF? Really wanted to try them, bikes are 5E a day with a 50E deposit. We continue walking and stumble upon another rental spot a few doors. The bikes are plain, all white, just what I was looking for. Last year I rented a mountain bike and stuck out like a sore thumb! Got a couple of bikes paid 45E for four days.

Now that we have the fiets, a ride out to Katsu is in order. We take the Spuistraat toward Muntplein and turn on Vijzelstraat. We make a short detour to stop at Mellow Yellow. Rasa gets Sleesestick and we continue on to Katsu. As we are locking up the bikes we run into one of the locals we met the day before. Into the smoking room for a sit, I grabbed a couple of Tropical Loozas and a gram of Lavender to smoke. I commence to roll a joint as Rasa starts toking on the Verdamper. Then I notice a couple of police officers come in and walk into the back. I go back to rolling when the music stopped. The budtender announces that the police are on the premises and want to shut down the shop so that can search it! Now I have heard of this happening but never witnessed it myself. Now I am beyond pissed off and so is everyone else in the room. They come over to the table and id a young Dutch girl next to me. I start gathering my thing as one of the officers argues with a couple of the locals. No doubt, it was over the coffee he had just ordered. I walk right pass them behind Rasa and out the door. The local we had talked to earlier tells us we actually get to see the bullshit first hand. He is right, bullshit it was. Well now what do we do? I am hungry, so we head to the market and look for the stroopwafel stand. I had one this summer here and it was the best sweet I have had in while. Hot and sticky, what else could you ask for! We walk the entire market only to realize the stand is not there. We end up at McDonalds for dinner.

Back unlocking the bikes, a quick peek inside Katsu and the fuzz is still there. So now what? Then I remember Kabouter should be close, down the straat along the canal. We are riding along the canal when we see the familiar red lights. I had never seen the RLD in de Pijp until today. We ride down the canal did not see and loop back looking at the women again. We cross the canal and head back to the center as the sunsets. We make it back to the Centrum around five and I believe we went to Blues Bros. Up the stairs as Rasa stop to talk to the budtender. I find a seat and quickly roll one of the Lavender. We smoke the joint followed by a dutchie. It starting to get late and I am going to the Slightly Stoopid concert. I look in my pocket for the ticket and realize that I left it in the apartment. We decide to meet up around 10:30 at 420. I head towards Dam Square and turn off on Damstraat as the cold wind meets me head on.

Up the four flight of stairs and I grab the ticket. It doesn’t start until ten! I have time for a quick shower and then head towards the Lediseplein. I stop at Easy Times and grab 2 grams of one of there hazes. I roll three joints and finish the last leg of the ride. I arrive and notice a short queue to get in the Melkweg.

It took me longer to get my coat checked! I check out the House band.

Los Marijuanos came out

At about 9:45 I head over to the other room for the Slightly Stoopid Concert! They finally hit the stage about thirty minutes later.

Slightly Stoopid Live Amsterdam - Babylon is Falling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJJCaVL-y4

Three joints and almost an hour later I notice it is almost eleven! Shit, I am thirty minutes late. I stay for another song before grabbing my coat and pedaling to 420. I walking looking for Rasa and there he is sitting at the bar damn near hugging a Roor. I apologize for being late and I take a couple of tokes on the bong. I purchase a gram of the 420 Kush, nice pungent smell. I load a bowl, take a couple hits, and pass it to Rasa. It is getting late almost twelve, and they start closing up shop. We decide to head back to the apartment but not before stopping for a couple of slices of pizza.
Last edited by balou1999 on Sat Dec 26, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry VIII
power poster
power poster

Postby Henry VIII » Wed Dec 23, 10:44 am

"Best smokes of the trip was Bas Special for Basjoe, LSD from Amnesia and Blueberry Cheese from Greenplace. "
balou1999

thanks for the tip.

Did me responding to your trip report prompt you to add some extra?

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Wed Dec 23, 11:45 pm

Henry VIII wrote:"Best smokes of the trip was Bas Special for Basjoe, LSD from Amnesia and Blueberry Cheese from Greenplace. "
balou1999

thanks for the tip.

Did me responding to your trip report prompt you to add some extra?

It did remind me that I forgot to post the next part!

Peace,
Balou

ChristopherAmsterdam
power poster
power poster

Postby ChristopherAmsterdam » Thu Dec 24, 4:07 am

WOW! Great Report...Very thorough...NICE of you to share with others...and nice meeting you...Peace

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Thu Dec 24, 5:00 am

ChristopherAmsterdam wrote:WOW! Great Report...Very thorough...NICE of you to share with others...and nice meeting you...Peace

Thanks and nice meeting you too.

Peace,
Balou

F Z
power poster
power poster

Postby F Z » Thu Dec 24, 7:03 am

"I am high as eagle pussy"

AND THE AWARD FOR BEST ANALOGY OF 2009 GOES TO...........

BALOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats mon!!!!!

LOL Awsome trip report mon!!!!!

Much thanx!!!

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Thu Dec 24, 4:26 pm

LOL yep great trip report, balou. Blueberry Cheese is good stuff! Tasty and potent.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Thu Dec 24, 7:51 pm

Thanks for the kudos!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Again we were up and ready to head out by noon. Today plans are to have a coffeeshop crawl. First order of business is to pickup some gloves from the Waterlooplein Market. As we cross the bridge over the canal by the apartment I hear a horn going off, they are raising the bridge!

With that accomplished, we head to try and find Twede de Kamer. We failed in our attempt the day before. After riding over to Spuistraat we look at the map and finally find it halfway down the first alley.

We enter the shop, maybe four customers inside. After checking out the menu, I decide on the Mako Haze 12E/g, darker green with an earthy aroma. I like the vibe of this place. Small, quiet place and they have nice tunes. After finishing the joint we depart for our next shop Amnesia. As we leave the alley and turn on to the Singel I spot Dutch Flowers. Damn, how did we miss that too? We walked the Singel from the Koningsplein to Haarlemmerstraat and didn’t see it! Oh well, I’ll check it out later.

Bikes locked up we walk into Amnesia. We are met with the usual younger crowd. I am desperately needing coffee, it seems to be colder today. Rasa somehow snags a seat while I am in the WC. The main reason for hitting this shop was to try the Dr. Grinspoon. I approach the female budtender and ask to see it. She starts to explain that the buds are not the prettiest. I tell her that I know it grows spindly and she is surprised. She says not many customers know about the strains. It is then I remember someone, Tuttiflies maybe that recommended the LSD 13E/g. I take a look and am mesmerized by the smell. I grab a gram and finish up my coffee.

Headed back out into to the cold and ride toward Westerkerk. We turn right on Bloemdwarsstraat and park in front of Paradox. Nice shop, A1 atmosphere. A very nice lady budtender greets us. I order a Looza and study the menu. I notice some nice strains that I need to try but fail to make a purchase. I instead roll a flaming back flip minus the flame of the LSD. Halfway into the joint the high starts to take over. I take out our map so that we can plot our next move. Rasa wanted to hit Boerejongens the day before but it looked a little further than I wanted to pedal. However, as we are closer than we have ever been, I agree and we set off.

After riding for about 15 minutes, we stop and consult the map. We get ou bearings a ride for a few more minutes. Okay, we are somewhat lost now. Rasa rides off and quickly comes back. A passerby has given him the directions! Great, being lost is my biggest pet peeve. So after riding along the canal for about 10 minutes we are greeted by the shop.

We enter a small area with the dealer at one end and a separate glassed off area. I had not planned to make a purchase buy Rasa does. As we skin up and then notice that the shop is buy & fly. Steady streams of locals are in & out. Walking back out into the dark and cold evening, I spark up. Then a man asks us not to smoke directly out front, but we could go and sit on the bench next to the canal.

After braving the cold for as long as I could we decide to head back into town. It is getting late, hunger has set in, and I want BURGER BAR! I almost feel like I belong here now that I am on the bike. I like this feeling; I ponder about possibly moving to Mokum as we mix in with the crowd and ride.

After eating and squeezing out we cross the alley to 420. We smoke a few bowls from one of the Roors and I smoke a joint as well. When I check my watch, it is a little after eight and we want to meet everyone at Basjoe tonight. We start to head that way but not before stopping in Dam Square for a few night pictures.

We arrive to a packed house, all the usual culprits are on hand. I am also introduced to the Tokyo Boys, sorry I don’t remember their names. ChristopherAmsterdam, Alicia, and SoulRider are also present. I grab a coffee and you guessed another gram of Bas Special. We had a great night stayed until after midnight when the crowd started to thin out. A quick ride to the apartment and climb the mountain of stairs. Smoked a joint and had a few bong rips before passing out around two.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Sun Dec 27, 7:03 am

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Today we wake slightly earlier as reality sets in. It’s Rasa’s last day and I have to take my luggage down those stairs tomorrow! Enough about pondering on the negative, we are still here! I had not been to Vondelpark this trip and Rasa has never been. We ride along the Amstel and cross the river at Kerkstraat, arriving at Vondelpark within ten minutes. We enjoy the wide-open flat path and ride into the center of the park. The sun is out and not a cloud in the sky.

We find a couple of benches and smoke a quick one. I take out the trusty map and plot our course for PC Hoofstraat. I wanted to do some shopping, maybe more window-shopping than actually shopping! We ride out the park and right into Museumplein. Munchies start to kick in as we skipped breakfast. I soon find us parking the bikes and heading into AH for some food. We ate al fresco next to the Van Gogh Museum. After deciding to skip shopping and head for Katsu instead. It is the that he notices that he left his passport in the apartment. We head back towards the Hortus via De Pijp. We pass Tomorrow’s Coffeeshop, Space Mountain, Today, Everyday People and Blue Sea. I would like to have stopped at them all but with Rasa not having his passport we continued.

Rasa has his ID and we decide a visit to Greenplace is in order. We run into USBONGLORD and Luvtick as they are leaving. They recommend the Blueberry Cheese that is on the menu. After looking over the menu and really wanting the Strawberry Kush, I ask about the Cup entry. He introduces me to Headband, OG Kush X Sour Diesel, for 13E/g. It has two of my favorite strains crossed and the buds look amazing. I purchase a gram and roll a joint. Rasa grabs a bong and then we switch to the booth in the window as it opens up. The Headband is an excellent smoke, slightly more stone than high. After enjoying our buzz for a bit, we head back out into the cold for Barney’s. Again, we snag the window seat. I grab a couple of Looza’s and fight my way through the crowd back to my seat. As I get comfortable, one of the employees brings a bag of Vanilla Kush over to the table. Don’t mind if I do! We get a bowl for the Volcano on our table and vape for at least thirty minutes straight! By the time the cloud in my head starts to clear, I notice it’s after five. Need to go back to the apartment and grab my stash for the smoke out tonight at Basjoe.

After climbing the mountain of stairs, we decide to chill for a minute. We grab the bong and take a few hits. I roll a spliff with the Red Leb for the ride. As we try to decide what we are eating for dinner, it becomes apparent that Burger Bar is the obvious choice. Back down the stairs and on the bikes we ride back into the Centrum.

The food was great again, I think we may have ate here too much. It is now a little after eight. We again take the short stroll over to 420 and grab a seat across from the bar. A few bong hits and we are riding over to Basjoe. Again we a re greeted by the usual crew, along with James behind the bar. I grab a Looza and squeeze into the head booth. I couldn’t possibly tell you everything I smoked. Anything thing that came my way I took my two puffs and passed it on. I rolled a joint of the Headband about an hour after we got there. Bong asks me what I’m smoking and I pass him the joint. He smears some gooey green goodness on it and passes it back. I take a few more puffs and pass it along. This continues until after midnight, not to mention the two bongs that we were smoking from too. It is truly a smoke out to remember. Sadly, my body fails me and it is time for some sleep. Rasa says his goodbyes and hands his bong over to James for safekeeping until his next visit. After leaving, I decide to stop a Bluebird for a Sativa for a wake and bake. We climb the stairs and I again order a Pineapple Looza. The budtender comes back with six Apple Looza’s!?!?! NO, A PINEAPPLE LOOZA! He mumbles something in Dutch as the barmaid comes back. She then comes up to me and says they only have three Pineapple Looza’s?!?!?! NO, I only want one! After that is finally settled, we feel so awkward that I quickly drink it and we leave.

After getting upstairs and settling in, I reach for the non-existent bong. Damn! I forgot it’s at Basjoe. We plan what time to set our alarms for the morning as I roll a joint. We still need to clean the apartment before we leave. We smoke the joint before turning in for the night.

Henry VIII
power poster
power poster

Postby Henry VIII » Mon Dec 28, 11:34 pm

Glad you finished the report.

Sounds like a good trip...

until next time

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Sat Jan 02, 9:19 pm

Henry VIII wrote:Glad you finished the report.

Sounds like a good trip...

until next time

Not done yet, still have 3 days to go!

Peace,
Balou

Friday, November 27, 2009

The sound of my alarm jars me awake at seven thirty. I quickly hit snooze as I hear Rasa starting to move around. He leaves to care of his bathroom business. I take the time to deposit one of my bags downstairs. I roll a joint and smoke it while packing my other bag. Rasa finishes and I head in for the morning rituals. After finishing up, I decide to clean the bathroom. When I make it out Rasa is cleaning the kitchen. It is now approaching nine and we need to start moving. We have to be at the train station by eleven. We take one last look around and down the mountain of stairs for the last time. We get to the bottom and I am faced with a monumental problem. How to move eighty pounds of luggage across town to my hotel for the weekend with the bike? I decide to walk the luggage from the Hortus Botanicus all the way to the Leidseplein! Rasa takes off for Resin where we plan to meet before returning the bikes and heading to the train station.

Thirty minutes later I am walking out of the Nh Amsterdam Centre and my phone rings! I answer and it’s my client, did I ever mention this was a business/pleasure trip? Computer problems and he needs me now. So I walk as fast as I could without jogging to Rembrandtplein and into Escape where he is setup. After climbing some wicked stairs, I find him. Ten minutes of tinkering later and we are all settled out. He thanks me for being there so quickly and we agree that I will stop back by this afternoon to check in and pick up my passes for the Film Festival Award Show. Now back outside I check my watch and it after ten! Shit I jog back to grab that bike and pedal as fast as I can to Resin.

As I lock the bike, the rain starts to fall. I stop by the budtender and I want some White Widow, he says it shit and suggests something else. I grab a gram, walk into the smoking room and there is Rasa. He thought I wouldn’t make it before he left. I explain my side trip and start building his last smoke before he gets on the train. It has some Royal Jelly and Mystery Hash along with whatever weed I just bought and some bits from a baggie I found in my pocket. We soon leave and take the short ride to return the bikes. We make head straight to Centraal Station passing Resin again. We grab him a ticket and check the screen for the next train. There is one leaving now but we have to smoke! He skips it and opts for the train leaving in twenty minutes. We make our way to the platform and find our way to the smoking area near the end. We chat about what a great time we had as his train pulls in. We finally finish the joint as we walk towards his train; I bid him safe travels and goodbye.

Back out into the hustle and bustle of Friday in Amsterdam I head for Ben. I like the place, spent several mornings here this past spring. I look at the Lemon Haze and get a gram for 13E along with a coffee. I settle in next to the fish tank and put on my headphones. I roll a pure and spark it up as I play SimCity 2000! I know it’s low tech and old as shit but I only travel with my netbook and it won’t play COD. By the time my stomach starts to try and eat my tongue it is well after one. I head to Subway and have a quick bite. I decide to head to the hotel and check in.

After taking a quick nap I awake to a dark, wet and cold city. I get dressed and bundled up to head out. I stop to pick up the passes as I head for Basjoe. I enter to find SoulRider at the usual table. I grab a gram of, you guessed it, Bas Special along with a Looza. As I sit and start rolling a spliff SoulRider passes me the one he was smoking on. This goes on back and forth for the next few hours. Somewhere along the way I ask him who has the best spacecakes. “Well you must not read my trip reports then!â€￾ came his reply. Do you know how much I have smoked since the last time I read one of your reports!?! We get a good laugh in before he tells me Paradox, I do not remember how much weed in each one but it was a lot! Around eight, my stomach starts to signal me that I need food. I depart and say goodbye to SR as he may not be back out this weekend before I leave. I decide to grab a bite at La Grotte on Haarlemmerstraat. I make the walk over via Dam Square and the Singel.

I enter to an empty place. There were three people downstairs and a five people upstairs. I grab a table and order my food along with a Heineken. I pop across to Popeye’s and grab a gram of Pink Kush 15E/g.

I return as my food is coming to the table. I quickly eat and roll a spliff for the walk back to Basjoe. I am one of the last to arrive and score a seat at the bar, one of the last. I get comfortable removing my hat, scarf, gloves and coat. I start to roll what is left of the Pink Kush, which is a great heavy body stone, I have to move down a seat to make room for Tuttiflies. We sit and chat for an hour or so about how she desires to move to Amsterdam in 2010. I tell her I am in the research phase but I want to move here too. Soon it is almost midnight and I want to grab a snack before retiring for the night. I say my goodbyes and head out into the drizzle. I wish I still had the bike. I soon find myself walking into Dolphin’s for a gram of White Dolphin 10E/g.

I cross the street and grab some nuggets at McD’s before making it to the hotel. I eat, have a quick smoke and turn in for the night

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Sat Jan 09, 7:05 am

Saturday, November 28, 2009

My alarm went off at nine and hit snooze till ten. I roll a spliff with what is left of the White Dolphin. I grab a shower, get dressed and head out into the drizzle. I decide that for the next two days I will try to hit as many shops as possible. I stop at AH for some OJ and pastries for breakfast. I finish my juice as I walk and look up and see The Other Side Coffeshop.

I take a picture, cross the straat, and enter Betty Too.

I decide on a gram of Kushage 12E/g and a coffee. I roll and smoke a pure joint as I listen to my music. I notice a mild stone creep up on me. The clouds start to break outside and I head back out into the cold. I quickly walk towards Rembrandtplein. I take a picture of Coffeshop Free.

While I’m in the area and not super high I decide to check on my client at Club Escape. Again up the spiral staircase that I am really starting to hate. Just my luck he is not there! Oh well, as I head back down and out into the square. I make my next stop Balou.

I have never been impressed with their weed so I opt for some Super Polm 9E/g. I head up stairs and roll a spliff. I look out the window as I toke and watch the world go by. Now that I have recovered my buzz, I head next door to Andalucía.

I need a sativa so I can stay up during the movie screenings. I opt for Amnesia Special 13E/g, nice buds and a very clear high. After smoking the whole gram, it is about time for me to head over to the Theater for a few documentaries. I take a quick intermission from the screenings just as the sun is setting. I walk over to Greenhouse Namaste and purchase Trainwreck 10E/g for a quick smoke.

Around six, I continue my crawl. I leave Rembrandtplein and walk towards the RLD. I pass through the Dam and walk down the Warmoesstraat. First stop of the evening was Stone’s Café.

I had a pint of Heineken while I smoked a doobie that I found in my coat pocket. I head back out into the cold and a few doors down to Route 66.

I was not feeling the vibe here or at Het Oerwoud.

I continue down the straat and pass Sheeba.

I decide to get some Wok to Walk. With my stomach now full and my buzz long gone, I head into Baba

I have walked past this place numerous times but had never been inside the shop. I grab a coffee and had a seat in the window. I rolled a spliff with some of the hash from Balou. After a quick time check, it is approaching eight. I bundle back up and head for Hill St. Blues. I pass Stone’s Coffeeshop and take a quick picture.

I make it to HSB.

I wanted to a gram of Hill St. Special 8E/g and vape a few bags. When I made it back to the budtender, I asked for the special. She was fresh out! I thank her and decide to grab some bud from Ben instead. I leave the RLD and cross Damstraat. I then stumble upon De Kroon

I check out the menu and notice that they have a 2-gram minimum. I vowed a few trips back not to buy from any shop that had a 2-gram minimum. I decide to get the Burmese Kush 24E/2g after the budtender recommends it.

This ends up being a buy and fly, as I head to Ben. I quickly grab a Northern Lights Extreme 10E/g.

I roll a joint and head towards Bajoe for the nightly smokeout. I decide to take the scenic route so that I could enjoy my smoke. I arrive to a nice crowd and notice the usual faces at the front booth. I get comfortable before ordering a Looza and a gram of White Widow 8E. I have a seat and chat with USBL and Luvtick, there may have been more but I do not remember. We smoked several joints, had many bong hits and a few laughs as well. Birdman, Tuttiflies arrives somewhere along the way. As midnight approached, my eyes got heavier. I bid everyone farewell and wish Bird and Tutti safe travels. I walk outside into a light rain and head across town to my hotel. I stop and grab a bite from Burger King. As I walk out the rain starts to come down and I forgot my umbrella in the room. I make it to the hotel soaking wet. I have a hot shower before I eat. I get a text from some girls I met earlier and they are going out. They are at Escape and hate the music, so I send them directions to De Duivel. I get some dry clothes on, grab the umbrella and head back out into the night. Fate must have been on my side, a tram is pulling up just as I make it into the Leidseplein. I ride down a few stops to the Koningsplein and walk over to the bar. It is packed but I manage to squeeze in and grab a pint before someone tapped me on the shoulder. It is the girls! We partied, smoked and drank until the lights came on which was four. I walked them back to their hotel on the Spuistraat before staggering back to my hotel and passing out!

Rondell
participating
participating

Postby Rondell » Sat Jan 09, 9:31 am

Great writeup so far Balou I am having a great time reading your adventures, keep up the good work.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Wed Jan 13, 9:43 am

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I am jarred awake by my alarm as I forgot to turn it off. It’s only 9 and I have been sleep for maybe 4 hours! I decide that I can sleep on the flight home tomorrow. As I roll out of bed I spy a spliff in the ashtray! I stumble over and spark it up, ahh. I don’t know what I’m smoking but it is defiantly wants to put me back to sleep. I fight it and head to the bathroom for the morning rituals.

I leave the hotel to continue my crawl as the clouds roll in. I make to the Koningsplein when the rain starts coming down. I walk a little faster and stumble upon Dutch Flowers.

I grab a coffee and sit down in the front window for a smoke. After sitting for a while and noticing the rain isn’t letting up, I leave. A quick walk down the Singel and I step in AH for some croissants. I exit to just a sprinkle outside and take a walk through the Bloemenmarkt. I cross the street and head stop in Rockerij III.

I enter and head down the stairs to the budtender. I look at the menu and grab a gram of Rockerij Amnesia Haze 9.00E/g

I am not a big fan of the low seating in here so I head over to Bushdoctor

First time in this shop, I look at the menu. I remember them being known for their Iso, I but a gram of Royal Jelly 45E/g. I order a O.J. and sit down to roll the Amnesia with the Jelly. After the first few puffs, I knew I would be wrecked. I was so high that the j went out at least twenty times. The high is amazing, it’s like I was living in the clouds. I prepare to head back out in the cold. I decide a trip through the RLD is in order.

I soon find myself at Greenplace.

I grab a gram of Blueberry Cheese; I will smoke that at the airport in the morning. I put it and the Royal Jelly into my inside coat pocket for safekeeping. The sun is now starting to set and the lack of sleep is catching up with me. I hop on the tram and head back to the hotel for a nap.

I wake up an hour later and roll a spliff with the Amnesia. I feel slightly better but I have to enjoy my last 18 hours in Amsterdam. I head out into the cold night towards Westerkerk via the Prinsengracht. I make a couple of turns and find myself in front of Paradox. I buy a spacecake 6E for the ride home. I back track to the canal to return to a Dutch restaurant across from the church. Nice little spot, there are about ten people inside. I am quickly seated and order a pint while I look at the menu. I decide on Stamppot and a steak. I have another pint while waiting on the food. When it does arrive, it’s not on the table long! It was a lot of food, but this is my first real meal of the day.

Back out into the cold, I continue towards Haarlemmerstraat passing the Anne Frankhuis. I actually didn’t get lost and soon see the Barney’s Threesome

Barney’s Uptown

Barney’s Coffeeshop (Breakfast Bar)

Barney’s Farm

I stop a Barney’s for a quick smoke. I ask for Red Cherry Berry, 11E/g, without looking at the menu. He shows me the tub and I see a bud on top winking at me. It weighs out right at a gram, it is meant to be.

I grind the entire gram and roll it into one big cone. It is a tasty smoke, nice stone. I only smoke about half of it and back out into the cold I go. I continue towards Basjoe, my final destination for the evening. I pass Picasso

Once I get to the Singel I turn right and take a couple of pictures.

Rokerij II

The Doors

I cross the canal and continue down the straat. I enter Freeworld

I grab a little internet time, check ACD to see if anyone else is coming to Basjoe tonight. I finish smoking the rest of the Red Cherry Berry over a cup of coffee.A quick time check and it’s already nine. I grab my things and head out. I pass up Resin and soon find myself in front of Ben. I get a grab Lemon Haze 14E/g

I cut down the alley in front of De Kuil/420

I make to Basjoe and find the now reduced in size crew, USBL, Luvtick & Alpha. I settle in and get a Looza., I think I might be addicted to them now. We smoke several joints, a couple get the green stuff smeared on them. ChristopherAmsterdam and one of the Tokyo Boys come a little later. More joints smoked and bongs rips taken. I say my final goodbyes a little after midnight and wander back to the hotel. I start to empty my pockets and come across a baggie that I didn’t know I had.
Red Diesel 15E/1.5g

Good thing I wrote strain and price down. I decide to smoke it tonight, roll the Lemon Haze for a wake & bake, then the Blueberry Cheese with Royal Jelly as my last smoke. As I roll everything for the morning I watch Family Guy and smoke a spliff. I finish packing, making sure that I check all of my pockets for any residual gear. I finally crash around two with about 4 hours before my alarm would be going off.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Wed Jan 13, 9:45 am

Monday, November 30, 2009

My alarm goes of at 5:30, I quickly silence it. I get out of bed and start smoking on one of the Red Diesel joints. I take a very hot shower to help wake me up. By 6:15 I am finishing my second joint of the morning. I now have a good buzz going as I get dressed and head out the door. I arrive at reception to turn in my key and get presented with a bill! WTF? He says that I had 2 candy bars, a bottle of water and 2 Heinekens. I explain to him that I never opened the mini-bar and refuse to sign the receipt. He says that if I owe them any money they will send me a bill. I thank him, and head for the bus stop. Well that little mix-up has caused me to miss the bus to Schiphol and now would have to wait on the tram. I decide to start walking s towards Centraal as the tram doesn’t come for another 20 minutes. The tram catches up to me at the Koningsplein but it so crowded there is no way that I can fit with my luggage. FUCK! My only other option is to walk all the way to the station as there is not one taxi around. I take out one of my spliffs for the walk. I take to the Spuistraat and make it to Dam Square by 6:45. My flight leaves at 10:05 and they say be there at least 3 hours before your flight. I am soon passing up KFC and Centraal is in sight.

I make it to the ticket machine, the same one I use every trip. I went directly to the platform; I saved some of the train schedule to my phone before I left home. I soon found myself in the familiar blue and yellow train en-route to Schiphol. I arrive at 7:30, not as late as I thought. As I come up the escalator I see the departure screens. I find my flight and proceed to the check in area on the far end of the airport. Again up another escalator to find a ridiculously long line. I am privileged to be an Elite member with Continental and get to use the Business First check in. A staff member who guided me to the desk quickly greeted me. She informs me that my upgrade did not go through because the incoming aircraft was a 767 and not 777 as previously scheduled. No big deal, I will keep the $250 dollars and 30,000 miles! I am seated in the front of the coach cabin with my own row. I hand over my luggage and grab my boarding passes. I head for the door and walk towards the end of the terminal. I sit on the wall overlooking a construction project and spark my last smoke in Amsterdam. It is cold as Polar Bear Balls, but I enjoy a beautiful sunrise with only a few clouds in the sky. I check my watch and it’s ten past eight. I relight my joint; I was so smashed by then. I go back into the terminal and find the toilet. I drain the lizard and take this picture.

I remove my jacket and put it on my carry on. I try and wash up as best as possible before going through Passport Control. I make it through with no problems with about forty-five minutes to spare. I grab a coffee and find a private spot in the departure lounge. I pull out my spacecake from Paradox and look out over the runway. I leave and make it to the gate just as it opens. Again I head for the Elite lane and this time am first in line. I wait behind the barrier as a staff member comes over. I hand over my boarding pass and then he ask me for my Elite Card, which I left at home. He types a few things into the computer and let’s me cross over. I get the usual questions and he places the sticker on the back of my passport. I head for x-ray and remove everything but my clothes and send it through the machine. I am determined to not beep this year! I walk through, beep! FUCK! I step to the side and assume the position. A quick pat down and I am collecting my things. I find a seat and wait another 20 minutes for them to start boarding. Once they start, I am sixth in line. A settle in for my 10 hour and 50 minute plane ride to the other side of Earth. We pull away from the gate 10 minutes late. It is not until the engines start that not only am I leaving but the spacecake is kicking. A quick look out the window and I notice the clouds have rolled in. We taxi for about 15 minutes and a wait another five before we take off.

Takeoff Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLwRzOiMJc

When lunch does make it to my tray table, I notice I am fucked up. The cake has really taken hold of me, not to mention the joints and spliffs from this morning. I ask for a Heineken and pay the ridiculous 4 euro. I then take a Xanax before eating, maybe I can get some sleep now. As I am finishing up the food, the captain comes on the PA. He announces that the head winds are over 100 mph and the flight will be closer to 12 hours! I try to block out the latter and get comfortable.

I wake up 9 hours later and we still have another one and half to go. I get up to stretch and relieve myself. Not two seconds after I sit down the flight attendants are coming around with lunch. Again, I pay for a Heineken, in dollars this time. After they picked up the trash, I had enough time to watch an episode of Weeds. Soon after that we were landing in Houston, Texas. Being at the front of the plane has it’s advantages, I made it through immigration in under a minute. As I take the escalator down to baggage claim I check my watch, I have 45 minutes to catch my next flight two terminals away. I make it to the carousal as I check the flight status on my phone. A lady in a red jacket approaches me and asks if I have a connecting flight. I reply yes and she ask for my name. She then hands me a boarding for the next flight in case I do not make my scheduled flight. By the time we finish up, the bags are coming out. Mine is one of the first to make it to the carousel. I quickly make it through customs and re-check my luggage. Up one floor and back through security. Again, the Elite status comes in handy; there is now only one person ahead of me.

I make it off the escalator and onto the tram just before the doors close. I now have 25 minutes to catch my flight. I walk as fast as my tired legs will take me. When I make it to the gate they are just announcing general boarding and I walk directly on board. I relax for my short jaunt up to Dallas. By the time we push back, I am sleep. I awake as the flight attendant does a quick beverage service. No sooner than she handed me the glass, she is picking it up. We land soon after and are quickly of the plane. I head to baggage claim and wait for at least 15 minutes. Just as the bags start to come out my cell rings, my ride has just pulled up outside. My bag finally comes from the back, I grab it and head for the exit.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”