Thrust out of weed nirvana and back into the ass of reality

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

JK
power poster
power poster

Thrust out of weed nirvana and back into the ass of reality

Postby JK » Mon Nov 16, 6:25 pm

Hey all , my trip just ended over the weekend and now I'm back at my desk trying to act like I wanna be here at work...lol. I smoked 16-17 g of about 12 different strains and 3 types of hash in 5 days...quite a coffeshop run, I must say. My personal recommendation for a MUST smoke is the SoGouda from Katsu...2g for 20e. Great deal for some of the best weed I've smoked in years...kudos to Soma and his amazing prowess for developing ass-kicking cannabis. I only wish I wouldve smoked more of his products on this trip....other top smokes for me were the Kings Kush from Greenhouse, Silver Bubble from Grey Area and the Dr Grinspoon from Barneys (dont go by the looks of this weed, its the real deal for a pure sativa) and lets not forget the Terminator hash from Basjoe (thanx islandgurl for sharing the experience with me. Great to hang with you)....I cant say i had any "bad" smoke but there are some "unremarkable" smokes I tried....most notably for me was the LA Confidential from Greenplace. Dont get me wrong, it's still really good smoke but I usually love LA Confi and this was just OK for me. Even the atmosphere at Greenplace seemed a bit lacking for me the night I was there. BUT, the LA Confi from Grey Area was what I expected from an LA Confi....delicious and strong. I enjoyed hanging with TAK and Marco as well. I'll try and post some pics/and or video soon....peace

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Nov 16, 6:35 pm

cool dude, I will heed your words in a few days.

JK
power poster
power poster

Postby JK » Mon Nov 16, 6:40 pm

Birdman wrote:cool dude, I will heed your words in a few days.
Have a great trip...the city is as great as ever, IMO. Enjoy

Marco
power poster
power poster

Postby Marco » Mon Nov 16, 7:09 pm

Glad you got back safely. Great to meet you. Until next time.

ChristopherAmsterdam
power poster
power poster

Postby ChristopherAmsterdam » Mon Nov 16, 7:18 pm

Good reports...Green Place disappointed huh? Interesting...Stay Chiefs

JK
power poster
power poster

Postby JK » Mon Nov 16, 8:14 pm

ChristopherAmsterdam wrote:Good reports...Green Place disappointed huh? Interesting...Stay Chiefs
I was surprised too because they've been really strong the past year or 2. It could've just not been a great cure on the bud or something, and it would still be considered top-shelf weed for sure...I dont know something just seemed lacking in both the bud and the atmosphere. In the Dam, there are alot of GREAT coffeeshops so they gotta keep their game up, IMO. funny thing is, I remember a few months ago I had read some posts on them about them using a different grower or something like that...something about the weed not being as good and I ignored it. But that post now seems fairly accurate. Anyone else on here who's been there recently, speak up with your opinions...

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Mon Nov 16, 8:48 pm

I agree, J. Green Place's wasn't as strong as GA's LA Con. I bought 1 or 2 grams from the Green Place, but went back for 10 at Grey Area after trying theirs.

I sure wish I would have gone to Katsu with you! I missed out on their SoGouda. Got some from Hunters I think it was, would have to check my notes. I haven't had time to write my trip report with all the work I had to catch up on, even with notes.

Glad you're home safe, J. You're most welcome regarding the Terminator, and it was a pleasure to share with you. Thank you for sharing your Pink Kush with us. :-)

JK
power poster
power poster

Postby JK » Mon Nov 16, 8:55 pm

islandgurl wrote:I agree, J. Green Place's wasn't as strong as GA's LA Con. I bought 1 or 2 grams from the Green Place, but went back for 10 at Grey Area after trying theirs.

I sure wish I would have gone to Katsu with you! I missed out on their SoGouda. Got some from Hunters I think it was, would have to check my notes. I haven't had time to write my trip report with all the work I had to catch up on, even with notes.

Glad you're home safe, J. You're most welcome regarding the Terminator, and it was a pleasure to share with you. Thank you for sharing your Pink Kush with us. :-)
Yes, it was with your suggestion that the LA was better at GA, that I went and smoked both to compare. you were spot on

ChristopherAmsterdam
power poster
power poster

Postby ChristopherAmsterdam » Tue Nov 17, 3:53 am

Interesting reports and thanks for sharing!

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue Nov 17, 3:00 pm

Great Title!

JK
power poster
power poster

Postby JK » Tue Nov 17, 3:49 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:Great Title!
Thanx...I had to describe how it feels when you go back to work from a week in the Dam

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Wed Nov 25, 3:34 am

Awesome report.How is the medical marijuana movement going in Jersey?

JK
power poster
power poster

Postby JK » Wed Nov 25, 12:43 pm

Philter wrote:Awesome report.How is the medical marijuana movement going in Jersey?
Whats frustrating here is that it only has 1 more step to pass and most of the politicians here say it will pass...public polls are at about 70% approval for it, but we just got a new Gov, which is stalling the whole process. The new gov says he's for it but he is a conservative Republican, so he coulda been lying just get elected....now we're all waiting see what he does.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Sat Nov 28, 5:03 pm

Many conservative Republicans are for legalization. It's not a partisan issue. People see the stupidity in prohibition.

I didn't see anything about this on norml.org but its good to know since i live in NJ.

I do feel once it becomes fully legal in either Colorado or California, this will help other states.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”