Just keep passing the open windows...

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Wed Sep 30, 6:04 pm

My thread was a request for long-term 3-month accommodation..

And any relevant info from any experienced buskers...

NYNY, Life is a stage...We are all entitled to act out! And sorry to say EVERYBODY Lies, (Verbatim from my favorite TV Doctor House, ....talk about an endearing ASS)
whether they like to admit it or not..for whatever reasons...

I will however be happy to stop calling you an ass when you stop acting like one...and I mean that endearingly.. I never hold a grudge =)
Thank you for all the attention! I needed it!

Tutti

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Sep 30, 6:59 pm

tuttiflutes wrote:My thread was a request for long-term 3-month accommodation..

NYNY, Life is a stage...We are all entitled to act out! And sorry to say EVERYBODY Lies, (Verbatim from my favorite TV Doctor House, ....talk about an endearing ASS)

I will however be happy to stop calling you an ass when you stop acting like one...and I mean that endearingly.. I never hold a grudge =)

Tutti

"Life is a stage...We are all entitled to act out! "

"Thank you for all the attention! I needed it!"

And you say I am "acting like an ass" precious?

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Wed Sep 30, 7:04 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:

Tutti

"Life is a stage...We are all entitled to act out! "

"Thank you for all the attention! I needed it!"

And you say I am "acting like an ass" precious?

Multi-Tasking ASSES!

I really appreciate you for being here today...If I knew you better I'd tell you off in a much more soulful way...

I admit I am capable of acting like an ass...I am preparing for the next act which is arriving in 20 minutes...WW3 is about to begin..look out!

Tutti

Bluelaru

Postby Bluelaru » Wed Sep 30, 7:43 pm

I appologize to Tootie
Last edited by Bluelaru on Wed Oct 07, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Wed Sep 30, 8:05 pm

We are Cool..
Last edited by tuttiflutes on Tue Nov 03, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Wed Sep 30, 8:41 pm

tuttiflutes wrote:
Bluelaru wrote:you are seeking attention....yet again

isent your lez teaser friend giving you enuff....

or have you played that out too

Call my ex Job.....Maybe they will care

C'mon Blue, S'lehot

Tutti

Don't mind her, she's just jealous of us again and in menopause for the 50th straight year. Sheesh Blue get over it already. Tell you what, I'll let you see me in my nightgown if you be a good girl.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Thu Oct 01, 12:29 am

Blue:

You are welcome to Buske with me in Amsterdam...I'll even provide a Tambourine...

IG, Ive got the cutest little belly dancer costume for you and those little finger chime things...This could be an interesting ensemble..

Music is very healing...With that, I am off to rehearsal...

Tutti

Bluelaru

Postby Bluelaru » Wed Oct 07, 9:38 pm

I appologize for my comment ... not knowing Tootie personally...they were rude of me...and uncalled for.

matty223
power poster
power poster

Postby matty223 » Thu Oct 08, 10:57 am

[quote="tuttiflutes"]My thread was a request for long-term 3-month accommodation..

wow this post get way off topic, good luck Tuttiflutes im lookig to do the same

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Thu Oct 08, 2:50 pm

Bluelaru wrote:I appologize for my comment ... not knowing Tootie personally...they were rude of me...and uncalled for.

Blue, I didn't even see the comment and I NEVER HOLD GRUDGES..

Like I said before, Channels, a great place to vent...

We really need to smoke the "Peace Pipe" and laugh about Coconut Grove....

Tootie =)
Last edited by tuttiflutes on Fri Oct 09, 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dano
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dano » Fri Oct 09, 4:30 pm

woody wrote:[

Looking to cool down? - try Wisconisn in December. Worked for me.

I'm going to Belize in December

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Fri Oct 09, 7:05 pm

matty223 wrote:

wow this post get way off topic, good luck Tuttiflutes im lookig to do the same

That's Channels, way off topic sometimes.....

I am really hoping for some more info from people who have Busked in Amsterdam..

I'm not looking for a career (sort of have one of those already), just an experience and a very long vacation.....You always meet interesting people...when you do.

Tutti

Sam-Q8
regular
regular

Postby Sam-Q8 » Sun Oct 11, 9:30 am

Old Fart wrote:If the guitar thing doesn’t work out there is always the RLD. Good luck in your quest.

:)

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sun Oct 11, 10:11 am

tuttiflutes wrote:IG, Ive got the cutest little belly dancer costume for you and those little finger chime things...This could be an interesting ensemble.

I have the finger cymbals, what does the costume look like? Been practicing for years, about time I did something with it. Money making adventures in Amsterdam... hhmmm belly dancing just might do it. We'll make a pact; if you move over there, I'll belly dance and you can keep anything tossed our way. Let's hope it's not tomatoes. ;-)

USBONGLORD
super power poster
super power poster

Postby USBONGLORD » Sun Oct 11, 11:25 am

once again..stompy has been projectile vomited on...tryed to cover up but it blew out between my fingers....ravioli and pizza bread chunks

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Sun Oct 11, 2:29 pm

islandgurl wrote:
tuttiflutes wrote:IG, Ive got the cutest little belly dancer costume for you and those little finger chime things...This could be an interesting ensemble.

I have the finger cymbals, what does the costume look like? Been practicing for years, about time I did something with it. Money making adventures in Amsterdam... hhmmm belly dancing just might do it. We'll make a pact; if you move over there, I'll belly dance and you can keep anything tossed our way. Let's hope it's not tomatoes. ;-)

I think moving to Amsterdam is a dream many of us share, but the reality is I am too old to learn to speak Dutch..and I still have hope for the USA...I am not closed to new opportunities and will consider any offers or suggestions..short of "Red Light".... I'm a bit old, and anti-penis for the time being....

I am moving to someplace where people have brains...I can do my job anywhere, but I can no longer tolerate the cultural ignorance of the general population I now serve.

But a 3 - month sabbatical (Somewhere)is looking really good right about now.
This is no joke, no meltdown..just the circle of life...Nothing is forever...

And if someone has some long term accommodation info..I'd appreciate it
I have no responsibilities to anyone but ME...It is about fucking time, as I have been a care giver since I am 9..I am fed up, and used up...

Finally......a chance to live my life, the little that is left.

In fucking peace and quiet...Life has just gotten too loud..and I am turning the volume way, way down..

Maybe I should put the bellydancing costume on ebay...and sell it...

Tutti

Tall Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Tall Guy » Sun Oct 11, 2:43 pm

Tutti could you stand outdoors all day through a Dutch winter? I couldn't, and I grew up in the same climate! It gets really cold and damp, I think it may kill a Floridian.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Sun Oct 11, 2:52 pm

Tall Guy wrote:Tutti could you stand outdoors all day through a Dutch winter? I couldn't, and I grew up in the same climate! It gets really cold and damp, I think it may kill a Floridian.

I'm not homeless...yet!

Busking is a warmer weather activity.....I'm thinking summer months, when the tourists are there..Kinda like "Key West"..But if I never see the Florida Keys again it will be too soon....as I can not stand outside there for more than 5 minutes before I sun-stroke and toast out...my age has crept upon me fast..there just is not much time left it is way too hot here...I refuse to spend another summer in Hell...

and Amsterdam is..."Heaven on Earth"

Tutti

Tall Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Tall Guy » Sun Oct 11, 3:00 pm

Much better idea, and I meant being outside performing, not sleeping...I think you could make a modest living in summertime if you've got a decent act and put the hours in.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Sun Oct 11, 3:03 pm

Tall Guy wrote:Much better idea, and I meant being outside performing, not sleeping...I think you could make a modest living in summertime if you've got a decent act and put the hours in.

Thanks for the encouragement...I really do need it, as my spirit is kinda low right now..

Tutti

Tall Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Tall Guy » Sun Oct 11, 3:18 pm

Sorry to hear that, how about making some connections with local musicians on dutch musician's forums? I bet somebody can help you make some steps towards your goal...also some of the hostels have forums where you might get some help - The Flying Pig for one.

Here's a few links to start with: http://www.sociosite.net/amsterdam/muzi ... MUZIKANTEN

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sun Oct 11, 4:11 pm

Why is Amsterdam "Heaven on Earth"? It's a nice city with a lot of cultural/architectural features...but it's just a city...Paris has more to offer, Prague too... and the climate...

Hyperbole?

For a musical connection contact Rory Campbell (Kees to those of you who remember). He is the house keyboardist at the Waterhole on Leidseplein. He is very musically connected.

Peace

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Sun Oct 11, 4:30 pm

Amsterfan wrote:Why is Amsterdam "Heaven on Earth"? It's a nice city with a lot of cultural/architectural features...but it's just a city...Paris has more to offer, Prague too... and the climate...

Hyperbole?

For a musical connection contact Rory Campbell (Kees to those of you who remember). He is the house keyboardist at the Waterhole on Leidseplein. He is very musically connected.

Peace

My kids just returned from a tour in "France", and I have every intention of going there ..just to visit...Too Big of a City..

They treat all musicians like shit..especially Jewish-American ones...

If you could only hear my son RANT on the French...But they sure as hell had respect for him when he was through with them..LOL!

Long but terribly funny story.....

Bo, if I may...

San Fransisco, Key West, NYC, Cape Fear..

All have qualities I love in a city, but Amsterdam just has a magic, that I am sure if you lived there..it would be just home..

It's like blending all these cities together..and one can ride a bike anywhere even in winter as it is not tooo big and not too small..

And they believe in Euthanasia....(I hear the Dutch aren't too big on God! oh well..)

I still have much to do here in the states..Amsterdam will always be considered my 2nd home....

Tutti

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Tue Oct 13, 4:29 am

tuttiflutes wrote:
islandgurl wrote:

I think moving to Amsterdam is a dream many of us share, but the reality is I am too old to learn to speak Dutch..and I still have hope for the USA...I am not closed to new opportunities and will consider any offers or suggestions..short of "Red Light".... I'm a bit old, and anti-penis for the time being....

I am moving to someplace where people have brains...I can do my job anywhere, but I can no longer tolerate the cultural ignorance of the general population I now serve.

But a 3 - month sabbatical (Somewhere)is looking really good right about now.
This is no joke, no meltdown..just the circle of life...Nothing is forever...

And if someone has some long term accommodation info..I'd appreciate it
I have no responsibilities to anyone but ME...It is about fucking time, as I have been a care giver since I am 9..I am fed up, and used up...

Finally......a chance to live my life, the little that is left.

In fucking peace and quiet...Life has just gotten too loud..and I am turning the volume way, way down..

Maybe I should put the bellydancing costume on ebay...and sell it...

Tutti

Um... I was kidding there, tutti. I won't be bellydancing in the dam now or ever. Good to see you're getting your head on straight. After all, "Life's a dance you learn as you go".

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Sun Oct 18, 1:48 am

TF, I don't recall seeing that many buskers but maybe on the Leidseplain at night would be good. I busked a bit when I was younger but I found that the 2 person team did better, me on guitar, and an attractive female singing, lol. So let me know if you need a guitarist.

Good luck, it sounds great if you can stay there for 3 months, I would do it in a heartbeat.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Sun Oct 18, 1:57 am

Philter wrote:TF, I don't recall seeing that many buskers but maybe on the Leidseplain at night would be good. I busked a bit when I was younger but I found that the 2 person team did better, me on guitar, and an attractive female singing, lol. So let me know if you need a guitarist.

Good luck, it sounds great if you can stay there for 3 months, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I could be convinced VERY easily...
I'll be there in November..you can check me out (LOL) and we can musically collaborate..2 person team is most certainly the way to go =)

Guitar, ukulele, flute and vocals....

Tutti

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Sun Oct 18, 3:12 pm

BTW, as far as working there, I did some research last winter when I was considering it. The only thing you can sort of count on is housework for expats. They don't seem too happy with what they have. But not all the spots are in Amsterdam. I would do that as well. but since that time, I am involved in computer work that I hope will allow me to be able to get work over there at some point in the future.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Sun Oct 18, 6:37 pm

Philter wrote:BTW, as far as working there, I did some research last winter when I was considering it. The only thing you can sort of count on is housework for expats. They don't seem too happy with what they have. But not all the spots are in Amsterdam. I would do that as well. but since that time, I am involved in computer work that I hope will allow me to be able to get work over there at some point in the future.

Otherwise known as the "Clorox Queen" I have no problem getting my hands dirty..

Check this out:
http://www.escapeartist.com/

Tutti

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”