A Week in Amsterdam Complete w/Pics

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

A Week in Amsterdam Complete w/Pics

Postby balou1999 » Wed Jul 29, 11:10 pm

Our trip started eventful! First, while leaving Atlanta for Germany the flight had to turn back to the gate b/c of the a/c and it was hot as shit on the plane. After having the issue fixed, we were off. We made it to Germany somewhat rested and ready for the Dam. Well we made it but someone’s luggage didn’t, argh!!! So now, waited to report the luggage missing and missed the ICE to Amsterdam. Now we had to buy another ticket and had two transfers instead of non-stop ride. Well we made it to Venlo, small quiet town, then off to Utrecht. By this time, I was getting anxious and decided to listen to some tunes. Before we get off the train, we know it has a tight connection, I new it left the same platform but decided to let my friend navigate. Not only do we miss the train but I hade to carry my 70 lbs. of luggage down and back up the stairs! After a 30 minute wait and about 45 minute ride we reach AMSTERDAM!!!

After checking in the NH Carlton by Muntplein it was off to one of my favorite shops, Rusland. Purchased 1g Chcocolope for 10E & 1g AK47 8E. J, my buddy, tried to roll a pure Chocolope joint but that didn’t turn out to well. By then I had a cigarillo of AK47 in the wind, I have arrived feeling set in! After a re-roll of the Chocolope I was now enjoying my first high this trip. The combo of the 2 had us in a great mood and talkative as shit. Went on a stroll towards the RLD and made a detour to Greenplace, which is now on my favs list. Went for the Purple Kush from a trip report, dealer recommended OG Kush 15E. One look and whiff and I had to have it, yeah I will take 1 gram of that!

As we strolled the RLD and took in the sights. We headed back to the hotel to drop of some food from Albert Heijn. Then off to Rick’s for a few beers and a smoke sitting on the canal. Spent most of the evening there and went back to the hotel to crash around 1.

OG Kush
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2588/377 ... d30632.jpg

AK47
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3577/377 ... 7830be.jpg

To be continued…
Last edited by balou1999 on Thu Aug 13, 12:16 am, edited 7 times in total.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Fri Jul 31, 1:11 am

Great Report !!! What city in Germany, Cologne or Dusseldorf. I should have stayed in Utrecht myself.

FredBloggs
power poster
power poster

Postby FredBloggs » Fri Jul 31, 12:29 pm

Great to see you got there in the end.

Great report so far.

Looking forward to the rest of it.

:)

FB

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Fri Jul 31, 8:30 pm

Day 2

Well let me back track a bit. We stopped at Rokerij on the Singel and bought 1g of Amnesia Haze for 9E for a morning smoke. After arriving at the hotel last night we smoked some of the OG Kush. It put both of us on our ass; we were barely able to finish the cigarillo!

I was up absurdly early the next morning around eight and could not go back to sleep. After smoking a pure joint of the Amnesia, I was ready to go for the day! Today I wanted to make it to Picasso for the breakfast but J decided he did not want to get up. So off for a morning stroll down the Singel, through the Spui and back up Rokin. Somewhere along the way I stopped for a couple of croissants and coffee before heading back to the hotel. By now, it was almost 11 and J was finally up and in the shower. Tried to make it to Picasso before 12 but did not, bought 1g of the Picasso Special for 6E on recommendation from another trip report. Budtender said it was the shake from the other strains. We did not stay and smoke, instead went down to Lost in Amsterdam for drinks and a quick smoke. The PS was ok, slight buzz but for 6E it was worth it I suppose. Then J noticed that he did not have his passport and wanted to go back to check the room. We trekked up the Singel back to the hotel and there it was on bedside table. That completely blew the little high I had so off to Basjoe. Purchased 1g of Orange Bud for 8E and a couple of drinks from James, nice fellow. Sat outside and smoked another cigarillo of the Orange Bud. All I can say is WOW! It was a great smoke put me on my ass for a couple of hour’s canal side.

After Basjoe I wanted to try and find Katsu again on my own. That didn’t happen and ended up tuning around and headed toward the Leidsplein. After walking through Museumplein we headed to Rookies. Stopped in for some mint tea and a smoke of the Chocolope. As we were sitting there deciding if we wanted to get some hash, J had a bad experience the first time, two Norwegian who were going back home gave us a gram of Ice-O-Lator! Finished the Chocolope and then made our way over to Mellow Yellow. J bought 1g of Super Silver Haze for 10E. Did not stay and smoke, kind of warm inside.

Headed back toward Dam Square and decided to checkout Nes. A few people were around, settled down in the front for a smoke and Maredsous! Rolled a cigarillo of the Super Silver Haze from MY, a great smoke! Nice cure and completely covered in crystals. Sat around for a couple hours drinking and then we were joined by a couple of girls from Ireland. One of the girls was out partying because she was headed back home in a couple of weeks. The other said she was she was staying and was a bartender at one of the CS, never asked which one. Talked for a bit as they rolled a mixed spliff of baccy, cheese, and mystery hash someone left at CS were she worked. They offered it to J and he hit it a couple of times and could not believe how high he was 10 minutes later. The girls decided to leave and J and I were not there much longer. We headed back to the hotel by way of Kadinsky for a slice of space cake. We split it and ate as we walked back to the hotel. It was supposed to just be a pit stop by J was so fucked by now that he couldn’t get out the bed. Then the cake started to kick in!!! I started to roll the remainder of the AK47 with some of the Ice-O-Lator. By then J was passed out, so I smoked on my own and watched the idiot box for a couple of hours high as kite! Finally around 1 or 2 I decided to head to bed and was out by the time I hot the pillow.

Orange Bud
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2646/377 ... 8758fe.jpg

Ice-O-Lator
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3429/377 ... a539d8.jpg

Amnesia Haze
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2658/377 ... cf52c3.jpg

To be continued…

FredBloggs
power poster
power poster

Postby FredBloggs » Fri Jul 31, 10:32 pm

Nice one!

Love that Amnesia Haze.

Great part 2.

:)

FB

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Mon Aug 03, 5:18 pm

Day 3

Started with a somewhat late rise around 10, J had been to Albert Heijn for fresh croissants and OJ. I loaded a bowl of Amnesia while watching a Dutch game show on TV. Then the skies opened and fell heavily upon the window. Decided to lounge around the room and see if would slack up anytime soon. By noon, it was still raining cats and my high had subsided. Rolled a ‘rillo of Amnesia and Ice-O-Lator, I’m not sure if that was a good idea. Around one, the rain turned to a drizzle and we decided we would try to make out the room. However, before we could get to the elevator we had to turn around. J forgot something! Okay, let us try this again. Nope, we had to turn around again. I forgot my camera!!! Damn Amnesia we smoked was living up to its name!

J wanted to go see the Heineken Experience; I did not care either way. So off we went, towards the brouwerij. It was okay, should have smoked more before we went. When we came out there was not a cloud in the sky! Started walking back towards the Centrum and stopped by MY again. Picked up 1g of Blueberry for 7,50E and kept moving. Decided to go towards the RLD and check out a couple of bars. First stop The Winston for a beer and a quick game of pool. Pretty dead in there, so we went down to Hunters Bar for a beer and internet. We decided against smoking there after a couple of beers and crossed the street to Hill Street Blues. While we were waiting on the budtender, I decided to purchase 1g of Hill Special for 9E. Not that crowded so I talked J into trying the vaporizer. After a crash course, since I had never set one up, we were vaping! Not until after the second or third bag did I realize just how high I was. J couldn’t finish his third bag so I did, wow!!! It was probably around eight by now and decided to have a walk through the RLD on the way to Ricks.

Had a few beers and smoked a spliff of the Hill Special. After leaving there, we trekked around the corner to Nes for a few more beers before heading back to the hotel for a night of partying. Unloading all of our stuff that we collected during the day, we headed back out to the Brasil Bar near the Leidseplein. When we arrived around eleven there was only a few people milling about out front. Not lively enough for us so we headed over to De Duivel, it is literally right outside our hotel window. Nice small spot, the only place I could find if you are into the hip-hop scene. Small, crowded and smokey with a DJ at the rear. Smoked a couple more along with another beer or two. Left there around 2:30 and found some food before going back to the hotel. Smoked another spliff of the OG and quickly fell asleep.

Amnesia & Ice-O-Lator
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2562/378 ... b600ab.jpg

Blueberry
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3489/378 ... 0705c1.jpg

De Duivel
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2633/378 ... 4a2aa0.jpg

Old Heineken Ad
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2660/378 ... 1502ca.jpg

Heineken Brouwerij
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2598/378 ... 6e8b09.jpg

…

budmeister
participating
participating

Postby budmeister » Tue Aug 04, 11:54 am

Good trip report, getting me in the mood for my stay in three weeks. Do you know the name of the street that De Duivel is on? sounds interesting. Still planning to check out Bar Brasil though despite the lack of vibe. Would be good to spend a night in Amsterdam at a niteclub instead of a coffeeshop for a change.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Tue Aug 04, 2:35 pm

budmeister wrote:Do you know the name of the street that De Duivel is on?

The address is Reguliersdwarsstraat 87, almost at the corner with Vijzelstraat.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Tue Aug 04, 3:20 pm

Day 4

Poked around in my email and found the directions to Katsu, today we would make it there! Right here, left there, Albert Cuyp Market, Katsu! Just as we were walking in the skies opened again, perfect timing. Started looking through long menu and settled on 1g of Northern Lights for 8E. Settled in the back and rolled up a ‘rillo while watching the Tour de France. Then a funny thing happened. Now let me state that I watch the tour every year. Well, a couple of locals heard us speaking English and asked where we were from? The States, which is my usual response. Then one of then begins to tell us that we do not see this kind of thing in the US. J replies that Armstrong is from our home state, Texas. Then some Dutch to the other guy and blah, blah, blah. We laughed it off and returned to the Northern Light!

We decided in a walk down Albert Cuypstraat and ran into a stroopwafel stand. I always wanted to try it, the guy in front of us said they are addictive. I had to have one, being high made the decision easy. Crunchy, sweet and sticky goodness! Probably a little bit more sugar than I needed! Walked around the market for a while and vowed to return before we left!

I had never been to Amnesia and had heard so many good things about it. So the decision was made to travel clear across town to check it out. We made it there without incident, thanks to Google. It was really crowded inside and outside as well. So we turned around and walked towards Rick’s. On the way, we passed Grey Area and J wanted to make a purchase. He decided on 1g of Grey Berry for 8E. Once we arrived at Rick’s we quickly rolled a ‘rillo. Just as we were about to spark it, a family with a young girl sat right next to us! I did not have it in me to smoke with her less than a foot from me. We decided to get another beer and wait for them to leave. 15 minutes later, they were gone and we lit up the Grey Berry. Nice smoke, sweet and fruity.

After sitting around for a while we went for a walk and ended up in Hunters. I purchased 1.5g of LA Confidential for 15E. What a great smoke, everything I wished and hoped it would be! The rest of our evening is a blur to me. I know I decided to get drunk and we went to Nes. We smoked another ‘rillo of the LA Con and had two or three Maredsous. J wanted to go out, but I could barely keep my eyes open. We went back to the hotel and J left about 30 mins later for De Duivel. I stayed in and after a short nap was up. Decided I did not want to go out and rolled a fatty of the remaining AK47. J returned around three and we smoked some of the Blueberry. We fell asleep around 4:30 and tried to get some much-needed rest.

LA Confidential Hunter's 1.5g 15E
…
Last edited by balou1999 on Wed Aug 05, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Tue Aug 04, 5:32 pm

Wow 1.5 grams for 15 euro?? For LA Confidential that's so cheap, balou! I paid about 14 a gram last November at the Green Place. It's also one of my fave smokes of all time, has just the right amount of everything. I'm doing the 'Homer Drool' just thinking about it.

Very nice trip report, balou, thank you so much for sharing. :-)

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Wed Aug 05, 6:06 pm

Day 5

The morning started off much the same as the rest of the week, smoked a ‘rillo of LA Con. Today we are going to the Zomer Carnaval in Rotterdam! We left the hotel around nine and headed to HGF for the first time this trip. They were not quite ready when we arrived and a light rain was starting to fall. We power walked down to Ben for a quick smoke. I discovered been on a trip in March and liked the cozy feel. Today the lady tender was in and I bought 1g of Jack Herer for 8E. Got a couple of drinks also and settled in the smoking room. J had a field jacking around the fish, the simple things in life! Rolled a ‘rillo, nice smoke although the LA Con still had a hold of me.

Went back to HGF and sat next to the window while J purchased 1g of Sour Diesel for 11E. Smoked a pure joint and watched a wet Amsterdam. By now, it was almost noon and we decided to head to CS to catch the train to Rotterdam. We stop at McD’s on the Nieuwendijk for a quick bite. It was then that again J discovered he left his passport in the room. After eating and walking back to the hotel and then back to the train station, we had to stand in line to
buy tickets. They even had a promotion two first class return for 40E, which was 10E cheaper than second class! Made it up to the platform and waited for the train.

Made it to Rotterdam without incident, navigated the maze of construction outside of RCS. I knew the parade went down Nieuwe Binnenweg right in front of Nemo. Navigated over there from memory, could not believe that! We had a beer or two on the walk over, only 2E. Made it into the shop on the dealer windows were crowded of course. Decided on a couple of drinks, sat in the smoking room, and rolled a ‘rillo of Jack Herer. While we were smoking that, I rolled a mixed spliff of Sour Diesel for standing along the route. We went and stood outside to watch the beautiful women dance down the street. We stood there until we reached the end, and then headed across the city centre to catch some more of the parade. By now, we had been standing around for three or four hours and I needed a smoke. Stepped off to the side of street a rolled a ‘rillo of the Sour Diesel. Ah, now I could stand for a little while longer!

After the parade was over we made it towards the stages they had setup for concerts. Drunk a few more beers and waited for the concert to start. J and I hade made a pact; if we saw people start running we would run first and ask questions later. Well it soon put to the test. We stood in the middle of street drinking just like everyone else. All of a sudden we see people start running toward us, we do a little stutter step before we see the horse and police in riot gear grab this dude. That just about killed the little buzz I had left! We slowly moved back to our spot, dodging the mounds of horse manure. It was now dark and we had been at it for almost 10 hours. We started the task of maneuvering our way back towards centraal station, stopping to grab one last beer.

Made it back to the hotel around one and J was wide-awake. He headed out to the pub and I rolled a joint to ease my mind and lull me to sleep!

Jack Herer Ben 8E/g

Smoking at HGF

Zomer Carnaval
Last edited by balou1999 on Wed Aug 05, 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Wed Aug 05, 6:29 pm

balou1999 wrote:J had a field jacking around the fish, the simple things in life!

Oh my god!!

Seriously though.. Good reporting, entertaining read.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Tue Aug 11, 6:40 pm

Day 6

I was up early today; it was our last full day in Amsterdam. I rolled a ‘rillo of what was left of the LA Con, Amnesia and Ice-O-Lator. We decided that we would smoke of the rest of the stash. Funny thing is we had probably 2.5g in three different bags and had no idea what they were! Not only that but, when did we buy it??? So today would be a heavy smoking day and I guess that why I do not remember shit! I mean absolutely nothing! I even called J last night and all he could remember was going to Ricks that evening.

It had to be around four when we made it to Ricks. I know we had a few beers and smoked a few as well. We ran out of smoke and decided to cross the canal and pick some up a Greenhouse Centrum. J bought .5g of Trainwreck for 5E. He also decided that he wanted to smoke a blunt and went to the coffeshop next door and bought a wrap. I’m not a big fan of them because of the taste, and today was no different. I hit it maybe 2 or 3 times and then let him enjoy on it on his own. We sat there until it was dark and then headed to Nes.

I had to have another Maredsous, now one of my favorite beers. It was crowded and we sat at the little table right in front of the door. As I grabbed my cigarettes and headed out front for a smoke, I found a joint in the pack! When did I roll that? So, another Maredsous and the mystery joint had me set for the night. We hung around until around 11 and then went to the RLD for a little exploration! On the way back to the hotel, now after midnight, I realized we did not have a night smoke. So we stopped at de Kuil for a 1g of 420 Kush for 12E. Did not stay and continued to the hotel. We smoked a ‘rillo of the 420, great smoke with the classic kush taste. Could not keep my eyes open much longer and passed out.

Rondell
participating
participating

Postby Rondell » Wed Aug 12, 8:50 am

Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing your trip I enjoyed reading about it. What was your favorite kind of hash you tried?

chas
power poster
power poster

Rotterdam

Postby chas » Wed Aug 12, 11:59 am

What was the parade in Rotterdam? How do you like Rotterdam, is it worth the trip from A'dam? Specifics?

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Wed Aug 12, 2:57 pm

Rondell wrote:Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing your trip I enjoyed reading about it. What was your favorite kind of hash you tried?

Def the Ice-O-Lator from Rookies, a little expensive but well worth it!

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Re: Rotterdam

Postby balou1999 » Wed Aug 12, 3:09 pm

chas wrote:What was the parade in Rotterdam? How do you like Rotterdam, is it worth the trip from A'dam? Specifics?

It was the annual Zomer Carnaval (Summer Carnival) similar to what goes on in the Caribbean before Lent begins. IMO Rotterdam is a great getaway from Amsterdam. It's more diverse than A'dam and there is plenty to see and do. Visit Nieuwe Binnenweg where you'll find quite a few coffeeshops. Nemo is probably my favorite shop in Rotterdam it's on the corner of Nieuwe Binnenweg & 's Gravendijkwal. I also remember visiting several of the Museums along Museumpark.

http://www.zomercarnaval.nl/nl/English

Peace,
Balou
Last edited by balou1999 on Thu Aug 13, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Thu Aug 13, 12:17 am

Day 7

Woke at ten in a bit of a panic, could not remember if checkout was 11 or 12. After figuring out it was noon, I rolled up the rest of the 420 Kush and started the task of packing. We checked out, stored our luggage, and headed for the Albert Cuyp market. J ended up buying a Hookah. We then meandered back toward the Magna Plaza. I then realized that we had not been to Haarlemerstraat much and I wanted to eat at Barney’s Uptown. On the way, we made a stop at Dampkring 2 and I purchased 1g of Lavender for 9E. Sat and rolled a joint, planned on staying but was warm inside. After walking the next couple of blocks, Barney’s finally appeared. They were still serving breakfast and J wanted lunch, so we walked down to La Grotte. He did not see anything he liked on the menu, so we were off again. To make things easy on my feet and stomach, McDonald’s was calling.

After eating, we headed to Hill St. Blues for a smoke. I grabbed a strawberry-banana shake and we sat by the pool table to chief. The Lavender was another stand out smoke, nice cure and covered in crystals. Now being able to function, we took a stroll down to Ricks and started our daily ritual now of drinking Murphy’s canal side with a spliff. Today was a little different as it was crowded with nowhere to sit outside. So we sat indoors and watched it start to rain lightly. Finally, a table of guys left and we quickly took the table. On about the third beer I decided I wanted to some more hash and went inside Rick’s Coffeshop for the first time. It was a small shop with a bar to the left and the budtender in the far back right corner. I settled on one of the milder ones, Afghan Supreme Hash 1g for 7E. It had a nice creamy texture that softened slightly with the warmth from your hand. I rolled 2 mixed tobacco, hash, and weed spliffs for the last smoke.

Next thing I know it is almost five and our train left at 6:30. J still wanted to pick up souvenirs and we needed to go back to the hotel and pick up our luggage. We headed up to Damrak so J could pick up a few things at one of the many stores. Now it was starting to sink in, I only had a couple of hours left in Amsterdam. We hopped on the tram, rode to Muntplein, and picked up our luggage. And we were right back on the tram headed for Centaal Station. I wanted to make a final purchase from CS Central, but J was skittish about the idea. I told him I had crossed the border before with gear but he still was not feeling it. So, we went to the platform and smoked the spliffs before we boarded the ICE for Germany. We had a great time in Amsterdam, but our trip was far from over we had 12 hours in Dusseldorf and planned to stay out all night!

I didn't plan on writing a report about Dusseldorf, but if I get a couple of replies about it I will.

Peace,
Balou

Dampkring 2 (Pink Floyd's) Lavender 9E/g

JULIET
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby JULIET » Sat Aug 15, 12:43 am

Oh yes yes yes tell us about Dusseldorf, Ive enjoyed reading this, ta!

ChristopherAmsterdam
power poster
power poster

Postby ChristopherAmsterdam » Tue Aug 18, 10:18 am

Great Reports...Very Nice...Thanks for sharing...and great pics too...

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”